WWF 2001: The Power Trip

Skummy

The show was a fresh breath since I see Raven is now a face.

Bulldog as Regal's asssitant sounds good to me too. I cant wait to see Taker and Austin square off for that title yet again, same goes for Test.

Speaking of Test, I think he is off to get some two wrestlers willing enough to help him fight Eddie, Saturn and Malenko.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF SmackDown! April 29th 2001

SmackDown opens with Michael Cole and Paul E. Heyman at ringside, hyping up tonight's huge main event of Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker, with Heyman repeatedly referring to it as a PPV-caliber match.

Haku's music then plays, and the Hardcore champion makes his way to the ring for the opening match. Out comes Steve Blackman.

WWF Hardcore Title Match:

Haku © vs. Steve Blackman

Haku reaches over the top rope to grab Blackman, who's rooting around under the ring, but Blackman pulls out a kendo stick and smacks it across the champ's head, knocking him back slightly. Blackman slides into the ring and hits Haku with the kendo stick in the ribs, then hooks it under his chin and hits a White Russian Legsweep. Cover! 1....2....no, Haku kicks out. Blackman waits for Haku to get up, then swings the kendo stick, which by now is getting slightly broken, but Haku blocks it, pulls it from his hands and kicks Blackman down to the mat hard.

Haku smashes the kendo stick over Blackman's head, then throws the remains out of the ring and hooks the leg. 1...2...no, Blackman kicks out. Haku pulls Blackman up, and throws him into the turnbuckles, then crushes him with an Avalanche splash and lets out a primal scream, then pulls him up again, but Blackman pulls out an elbow to the jaw, followed by one to the stomach, one to the small of the back, then a chop to the neck, and finally a kick to the jaw, knocking Haku down to the mat. Blackman goes to the outside and fetches a table and a trash can, and throws them both in the ring, then picks up the can and hits Haku over the head with it before making the cover. 1....2...no, Haku kicks out!

Blackman sets up the table, then goes to pick up Haku, but he pulls out a throat thrust and picks up Blackman for a lifting spinebuster through the table, but Blackman counters with a shot to the head, then a clothesline. Blackman goes to kick Haku in the head, but Haku trips him up, then stomps on him for a while, before picking him up and whipping him into the ropes. Haku goes for a back body drop, but Blackman counters into a waistlock, and hits a huge back suplex through the table! Cover! 1....2....no, Haku still kicks out!

Blackman is frustrated and goes to the outside, and Grandmasta Sexay runs down to the ring! Sexay goes up top and goes for a crossbody, but Haku catches him! Haku drops Sexay on to the mat, then squashes him with a big splash! Haku then pulls him over to the ropes and ties his head up between the middle and bottom rope and pushes down on the back of his neck, choking him between the ropes! Blackman saves his friend, though, hitting Haku with a trash can lid to the face from the outside of the ring, knocking him backwards. Sexay falls on top of Haku! 1....2....no, Haku kicks out.

Blackman climbs back into the ring and pulls Sexay out of the way, then goes to lock in a body-scissors on Haku, but he breaks it and both men get back to their feet. Blackman goes for a big martial arts kick, but Haku catches his leg and throws him to the floor, then smashes him over the head with the trashcan! Grandmasta Sexay hits Haku from behind, but Haku just kicks him in the face! Sexay falls against the ropes, and Haku runs across the ring, then smashes the trashcan over his head, sending him flying over the top rope to the floor!

Blackman pulls himself to his feet, into a huge throat thrust from Haku, knocking him down into the corner. Haku then places the trash can in front of his face, and hits a stiff as hell martial arts kick on it, crushing Blackman's head against the ringpost! Ouch! Haku drags Steve Blackman's limp body into the centre of the ring and makes the cover. 1....2...3!

Winner and STILL WWF Hardcore Champion: Haku

After Haku has left, Grandmasta Sexay finds his bearings and helps Steve Blackman to the back.

The Radicalz music then plays, and Dean Malenko makes his way to the ring, followed by Test.

Dean Malenko vs. Test

Test hits first with a rather sloppy kick to the midsection, followed by a series of punches, and an even sloppier spinning neckbreaker. Oh Dean, what did you do to deserve this? Test kicks Malenko in the back of the head, then pulls him to his feet and pulls him in for a piledriver/powerbomb, but Malenko backdrops him out of it, then runs the ropes and hits a Sunset Flip! 1....2...no, Test kicks out. Malenko hits a shuffle side-kick, which staggers Test, but doesn't knock him down. Malenko goes for a clothesline, but Test blocks it and hits a lifting spinebuster, then hooks the leg. 1...2...no, Malenko gets the shoulder up. Test pulls him up and hits a flapjack, then hooks the leg again. 1...2..no, Malenko escapes. Test goes to punch Dean-o Machine-o, but he blocks it and fires back with some punches of his own and whips Test into the corner, but doesn't see that Test manages to gain control and stop himself colliding with the turnbuckles. Dean steps back then charges into the corner for an avalanche splash, but Test runs out of the corner and hits him in mid-splash with a Running Big Boot! Malenko is out! Cover! 1....2....3!

Winner: Test

Whilst Test is celebrating, Dean Malenko rolls to the outside of the ring and Eddie Guerrero jumps over the guardrail! Eddie picks up a steel chair and gets up on the apron, he goes to climb into the ring but immediately gets him with a Running Big Boot from Test, knocking the chair into his face and sending him off the apron! Test goes to the outside and grabs Eddie by the hair to pick him up, but gets hit with a low blow from behind by Malenko! Eddie comes to, and they both grab an arm and drag him over to the guardrail and drape him over it. Eddie then climbs up on to the apron and hits a title belt assisted elbow drop across the back of Test's neck!

The Radicalz leave, raising each other's arms high, as Test is coughing and spluttering on the floor. Eventually he manages to make his own way backstage, refusing any help from road agents and referees.

Chris Benoit then makes his way to the ring, to a great ovation, and plays to the crowd slightly as Michael Cole informs us that he's scheduled to take on Commissioner William Regal for the Intercontinental Title here tonight.

Regal's music then plays, and he makes his way out to the ring, accompanied by Davey Boy Smith. Regal isn't in his wrestling attire, though, and he has a microphone in hand.

Regal: I'm terribly sorry, it appears we've had something of a misunderstanding here...Chris Benoit, it seems that you were led to believe that you would be wrestling me tonight? Well, I'm afraid to say that's not happening, I have an important meeting to attend. However, I won't allow one of the WWF's fine superstars go without a match, so you can face my assistant, David Smith.

Benoit looks furious, as "David Smith" pulls off his England football and shirt and walks slowly down to the ring. He climbs between the ropes, and the bell rings.

Chris Benoit vs. Davey Boy Smith

Benoit grabs Davey as soon as he gets into the ring and starts clubbing across his neck and back, getting him down to one knee, then hits the Bulldog with a bulldog. Ha ha. "David" gets back to his feet, and gets hit with a knife-edge chop to the chest, then whipped into the ropes, but manages to block a hip toss attempt on the rebound, and counter it into a hip toss of his own. Benoit gets back to his feet, and gets hit with a series of god-awful looking punches from Smith, followed by a not-much-better bodyslam. Pin...1.....2...no, Benoit kicks out.

Bulldog fires away with more terrible punches, then lifts Benoit up into a sidewalk slam, but he struggles out of it and hits a Russian Leg Sweep. Cover! 1...2..no, Davey kicks out. Benoit runs the ropes and hits a big forearm on the rebound, then hooks Davey Boy up and hits him with a German Suplex! He holds on, and hits another! And another! Davey's clutching his back in pain as Benoit goes up top and signals for the Swandive Headbutt, but William Regal pulls down on the top rope, crotching Benoit, who drops off the turnbuckle into the corner. British Bulldog struggles to his feet, lifts Benoit up over his shoulder, drives him back-first into the turnbuckles then turns around and hits a Running Powerslam! That actually gets a decent pop from the crowd, considering he's a heel. Nostalgia = Ratings. Cover....1.....2...3!

Winner: Davey Boy Smith

William Regal's music plays as he daintily enters the ring and raises Davey Boy Smith's arm to celebrate the victory, and then starts putting the boots to the fallen Benoit, as Michael Cole and Paul Heyman argue over whether it's acceptable behaviour for the Commissioner of the WWF. Davey actually looks quite pained after the match, and is struggling even to manage the post-match beatdown on Benoit.

Chris Jericho runs down the aisle, though, and Bulldog and Regal bail and head to the back, as Jericho assists his fallen comrade.

Backstage segment, and Big Show is walking backstage, when Kurt Angle walks over to him.

Kurt: Show, Show! I know you've had your problems with The Undertaker and, well, I'm facing him tonight, I was wondering if...

Show: If I could help you out? Not a chance, little man.

Kurt: Come on, Big, please! Someone needs to knock that guy down to size! If it's one thing I can't stand, it's a guy walking around like he's better than everyone else, just because he's bigger and taller and...

Kurt trails off as Big Show sneers at him, and Kurt looks slightly scared.

Kurt: Well...er...yeah, my point is, neither of us like him, so if you could help me out then, I guess, it would be achieving a common goal...

Show: Alright, Kurt, I'll think about it.

Kurt: Oh, thanks a lot, Big Show!

Kurt hugs Big Show, but Show just shoves him away and gives him a look of disgust, then walks off.

Back in the ring, tag team title number one contender match time.

WWF Tag Team Title Number One Contendership:

The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) vs. Lo Down

As D'Lo climbs into the ring, Jeff flies off the top rope with a crossbody, knocking him down, but doesn't make the cover. Chaz immediately tags himself in and rushes Jeff, but runs straight into a front dropkick. Jeff then tags in Matt Hardy, who hits Chaz with a back suplex, and Chaz rolls into his corner, and D'Lo Brown tags himself back in! Matt Hardy hits a big dropkick, though, knocking Brown down immediately. Matt Hardy then lifts D'Lo up and holds him there for a while, before hitting a big brainbuster suplex!

Matt lifts D'Lo back up and sets him up for the Twist Of Fate, so Chaz runs in to intervene, but Matt ducks out of the way and Chaz ends up clotheslining down D'Lo! Matt is actually laughing at Chaz, who's in shock, and Jeff tags himself in and goes up top as Matt runs and clotheslines Chaz over the top rope. Jeff plays to the crowd, then jumps off and hits a Swanton Bomb on D'Lo Brown! Cover! 1...2....3!

Winners: The Hardy Boyz

The Hardy Boyz & Lita celebrate, as Chaz rolls back into the ring and attends to D'Lo. D'Lo shoves Chaz away, and Chaz can be heard audibly saying that he tried his best, but D'Lo just pushes him aside and walks out. Wait...is he supposed to be a face or a heel? I can't tell any more...

Once Lo Down have left, Tiger Ali Singh makes his way to the ring, followed by Al Snow.

Tiger Ali Singh vs. Al Snow

Al Snow strikes first with a big forearm, followed by a reverse suplex, then goes for a splash, but only gets knees. Tiger then lifts Al Snow up and hits a weak over-the-shoulder slam, and Al pops up quite quickly, into a DDT. Cover! 1...2....no, Al Snow kicks out. Tiger locks in a headlock, and Al counters into a back suplex, then hooks the leg. 1...2...no, Tiger kicks out.

Al Snow whips Tiger into the turnbuckles, then starts playing to the crowd, unaware that Tiger Ali Singh's untying the turnbuckle pad! Al Snow runs in for a clothesline, and Singh ducks out of the way, so Snow collides face-first with the exposed turnbuckle, and Tiger Ali Singh rolls him up! 1....2...3!

Winner: Tiger Ali Singh

Jonathan Coachman is backstage with Raven for an interview segment. This should be good.

Coach: I'm here backstage with Raven and, Raven, Monday night on RAW, you challenged "Stone Cold" Steve Austin to a match for the WWF Title, and you came close to winning. Is this the end of Raven's quest for the WWF Title?

Raven: As I said on RAW, Jonathan, the time of the Raven is upon, it's time for me to spread my wings and show the world what I'm capable of. Of course my quest for the title continues, it's the ultimate prize for anyone in this business, but it's not my primary objective.

Coach: So what is your "primary objective"?

Raven: When I was a kid, Coach, I never had any money. My parents split up, my Dad was in prison and my Mother had to peddle drugs on the street just to keep us alive. And not once would the establishment, would the men in suits, offer assistance. They would look down on people like me and my mother. They would spit at us in the street. I thought Steve Austin was different, I thought he was fighting for the working man, but ultimately the lust for gold overtook his integrity, and he became just another suit. I will never let that happen to me. My primary objective, Jonathan, is to fight for the beaten down, the working man. Raven is, and always will be, their uncrowned champion. Quote the Raven...Nevermore.

Coach: Thank you Raven, now back to you Mi...

Steven Richards walks into shot...

Steven: Woah, woah, woah! Not so fast, Coachman. The Right To Censor have some objections to Mr. Raven's little speech.

Raven looks perplexed, but lets Steven speak.

Steven: Raven, you claim to be a champion for the working man, the average man. Well, myself and my colleagues in the Right To Censor, believe that the average American family should not be subjected to such filth as yourself. You promote sickening rock and roll music, drug use, alcoholism, violence, blasphemy...

Raven: I don't know what your idea of the average American family is, Richards, but it sounds a hell of a lot different to mine. How about we settle this another time?

Steven: Alright...I challenge you to a moderated debate, in the ring, next week on Monday Night RAW.

Raven: That sounds fine to me, Richards.

Steven Richards sort of sneers at Raven, then walks off...

Coach: Well, an interesting development there to say the least! Well, back to you at ringside, Michael and Paul!

Whoop-te-do, it's main event time!

The Main Event:

Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker

Undertaker hits a series of right hands, but Angle fires back with some of his own! He drives a vicious forearm into the chest of the Dead Man, then takes him over with a hard snap suplex! He rolls into the cover, 1...2...no, 'Taker kicks out. Undertaker takes charge with a couple of punches, then hits a running clothesline on Angle, then picks him up and hits some more punches and kicks, and whips him into the corner. Undertaker runs in for an Avalanche corner splash, but Angle gets his boot up to block it. Angle hits a Released German Suplex out of the corner...and Steve Austin just rushed the ring!

Austin punches down Angle, then throws a few punches to The Undertaker too! Austin's beating on both men, what the hell? The referee calls for the bell and throws the match out...

No Contest

All three men start brawling together, throwing punches between them, with none of them able to get an advantage, when eventually Undertaker and Angle end up working together and both beat down Stone Cold! Austin's sent reeling, and gets hit with a big Chokeslam from The Undertaker! Austin tries to roll out of the ring to safety, but Angle grabs him by the foot and locks in an Ankelock! Austin's tapping out, but this isn't even a match. Angle eventually breaks, and Austin rolls out of the ring, clutching his leg in pain.

Angle and Undertaker walk over to the ropes and start hurling insults at Austin, who doesn't pay any heed. Angle then pats Undertaker on the back and gives him the thumbs-up! Undertaker gives Angle a look of disgust, then hits him with a huge right hand, knocking him down to the mat! Undertaker and Angle end up rolling around on the mat throwing punches at one another, and eventually get back to their feet, and just continue brawling!

The Big Show runs down to the ring...well, runs is a strong word...and grabs Undertaker form behind, pulling him off Angle, and hits him with a huge open-palmed chop to the chest, then lifts him up and hits a Chokeslam! Big Show pulls Angle to his feet, and nods at him, then raises his arm, and the show ends with that image...

user posted image

May 1st 2001

It's rumoured that the Insane Clown Posse's wrestling promotion, Juggalo Championshit Wrestling, may be in financial trouble. This comes as little surprise, as the company are paying large fees to big name stars for one or two show contracts, but drawing in very little money in the process. It is unknown whether or not the company intend to fold.

Big Japan Pro Wrestling have announced that American indy workers AJ Styles, Jason Jett, Christopher Daniels and Jamie Noble will be working several dates for them over the coming year. Both Jett and Noble were released from WWF contracts following the WCW buy-out.

WWF seem to have begun what is known as their "spring cleaning", as they have released developmental workers Leviathan and The Damaja, and also Terri Runnells. Terri, who was working as Perry Saturn's manager, was last seen facing Women's Champion Chyna some weeks ago. The official company line is that creative had nothing for her, and that there is no bad blood between the two. As for Damaja and Leviathan, it just seems that they aren't what the WWF are looking for.

Following his face turn on RAW, it seems like the company have a lot of faith in Raven, which is surprising as it's pretty much common knowledge that he and Vince McMahon don't get along. However, apparently Paul Heyman has been rallying for a push for Raven since joining the company, and he has been getting increasingly over in recent months, and the face turn seemed inevitable. It is unknown whether or not he will continue into a main event program with Steve Austin once his current program with The Undertaker is up, but apparently creative have high hopes for a feud between him and the Right To Censor, which will also encompass Tazz. It isn't clear whether or not the Tazz/Raven tag team will be reformed, though.

It's unknown what the main event will be for Judgment Day, but rumours persist that it will be a multi-person match, most likely between The Undertaker, Steve Austin and Kurt Angle. It isn't clear what roles, if any, Kane, Mike Awesome or Triple H will have in the event.

Since Mike Awesome debuted in the WWF, and following the seemingly aborted "WCW contract" angle, it has been rumoured that more WCW superstars may start showing up on WWF TV. However, it isn't confirmed that this is the case, as Vince McMahon is still bargaining with TNN for a Saturday night slot for a WCW TV show, which would be helmed by Shane McMahon, and could potentially lead to WCW vs. WWF "Dream Matches" in the future. It is expected that if the negotations fail, we may start to see more of a WCW presence on WWF television.

hmm a saturday night TV show eh? I like the sound of that dude. Nice SmackDown! and a debate between Raven and Richards? Well seeing Richards is there, it might turn out to be quite funny and entertaining...but eventually turning into Steven getting his ass kicked before his RTC guys save him from it...which I like :)

WWF Heat May 1st 2001

Heat opens with Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman at ringside, as the WWF seem to still be scrabbling around to find a suitable replacement for Tazz during his current in-ring run. Speaking of Tazz, here he is now...

Tazz vs. Rob Conway

Rob Conway was in the ring when the show started, and had no entrance music. You do the maths. Jobber boy goes for a clothesline straight away, but Tazz ducks it and hits a hard back suplex. From then on, it's a total squash, with Tazz very much in control and hitting Conway with a barrage of stiff suplexes. The finish comes, mercifully for Rob, when Tazz hits him with a head-and-arm Tazzplex, then locks in the Tazzmission as soon as he tries to stand, and Conway quickly taps out!

Winner: Tazz

Whilst Tazz is celebrating, you can all be treated to a Video recap...

Malenko goes for a clothesline, but Test blocks it and hits a lifting spinebuster, then hooks the leg. 1...2...no, Malenko gets the shoulder up. Test pulls him up and hits a flapjack, then hooks the leg again. 1...2..no, Malenko escapes. Test goes to punch Dean-o Machine-o, but he blocks it and fires back with some punches of his own and whips Test into the corner, but doesn't see that Test manages to gain control and stop himself colliding with the turnbuckles. Dean steps back then charges into the corner for an avalanche splash, but Test runs out of the corner and hits him in mid-splash with a Running Big Boot! Malenko is out! Cover! 1....2....3!

Whilst Test is celebrating, Dean Malenko rolls to the outside of the ring and Eddie Guerrero jumps over the guardrail! Eddie picks up a steel chair and gets up on the apron, he goes to climb into the ring but immediately gets hit with a Running Big Boot from Test, knocking the chair into his face and sending him off the apron! Test goes to the outside and grabs Eddie by the hair to pick him up, but gets hit with a low blow from behind by Malenko! Eddie comes to, and they both grab an arm and drag him over to the guardrail and drape him over it. Eddie then climbs up on to the apron and hits a title belt assisted elbow drop across the back of Test's neck!

The Radicalz leave, raising each other's arms high, as Test is coughing and spluttering on the floor. Eventually he manages to make his own way backstage, refusing any help from road agents and referees.

Back in the real world, and the Women's champ is in the ring. Joy of joys.

WWF Women's Title Match:

Chyna © vs. Jacqueline

This is a fairly decent match, as far as WWF women's matches go, and fairly competitive, as far as women's matches have gone since Chyna won the title. Chyna's in control for the most part, but Jackie gets in a bit of sluggish brawling here and there, and uses her speed to her advantage, as she's a little quicker than Chyna. The finish comes when Jackie catches Chyna unawares with a big crossbody, then sets her up for a Tornado DDT out of the corner, but Chyna counters into a spinebuster and makes the cover, for the 3 count.

Winner and STILL WWF Women's Champion: Chyna

And after that debacle, treat yourself to a video recap.

Chris Benoit then makes his way to the ring, to a great ovation, and plays to the crowd slightly as Michael Cole informs us that he's scheduled to take on Commissioner William Regal for the Intercontinental Title here tonight.

Regal's music then plays, and he makes his way out to the ring, accompanied by Davey Boy Smith. Regal isn't in his wrestling attire, though, and he has a microphone in hand.

Regal: I'm terribly sorry, it appears we've had something of a misunderstanding here...Chris Benoit, it seems that you were led to believe that you would be wrestling me tonight? Well, I'm afraid to say that's not happening, I have an important meeting to attend. However, I won't allow one of the WWF's fine superstars go without a match, so you can face my assistant, David Smith.

Benoit looks furious, as "David Smith" pulls off his England football and shirt and walks slowly down to the ring. He climbs between the ropes, and the bell rings.

*cut*

Benoit runs the ropes and hits a big forearm on the rebound, then hooks Davey Boy up and hits him with a German Suplex! He holds on, and hits another! And another! Davey's clutching his back in pain as Benoit goes up top and signals for the Swandive Headbutt, but William Regal pulls down on the top rope, crotching Benoit, who drops off the turnbuckle into the corner. British Bulldog struggles to his feet, lifts Benoit up over his shoulder, drives him back-first into the turnbuckles then turns around and hits a Running Powerslam! That actually gets a decent pop from the crowd, considering he's a heel. Nostalgia = Ratings. Cover....1.....2...3!

Winner: Davey Boy Smith

William Regal's music plays as he daintily enters the ring and raises Davey Boy Smith's arm to celebrate the victory, and then starts putting the boots to the fallen Benoit, as Michael Cole and Paul Heyman argue over whether it's acceptable behaviour for the Commissioner of the WWF. Davey actually looks quite pained after the match, and is struggling even to manage the post-match beatdown on Benoit.

Chris Jericho runs down the aisle, though, and Bulldog and Regal bail and head to the back, as Jericho assists his fallen comrade.

Short run-down of recent events by announcers, and we get another recap...

Raven: When I was a kid, Coach, I never had any money. My parents split up, my Dad was in prison and my Mother had to peddle drugs on the street just to keep us alive. And not once would the establishment, would the men in suits, offer assistance. They would look down on people like me and my mother. They would spit at us in the street. I thought Steve Austin was different, I thought he was fighting for the working man, but ultimately the lust for gold overtook his integrity, and he became just another suit. I will never let that happen to me. My primary objective, Jonathan, is to fight for the beaten down, the working man. Raven is, and always will be, their uncrowned champion. Quote the Raven...Nevermore.

Coach: Thank you Raven, now back to you Mi...

Steven Richards walks into shot...

Steven: Woah, woah, woah! Not so fast, Coachman. The Right To Censor have some objections to Mr. Raven's little speech.

Raven looks perplexed, but lets Steven speak.

Steven: Raven, you claim to be a champion for the working man, the average man. Well, myself and my colleagues in the Right To Censor, believe that the average American family should not be subjected to such filth as yourself. You promote sickening rock and roll music, drug use, alcoholism, violence, blasphemy...

Raven: I don't know what your idea of the average American family is, Richards, but it sounds a hell of a lot different to mine. How about we settle this another time?

Steven: Alright...I challenge you to a moderated debate, in the ring, next week on Monday Night RAW.

Raven: That sounds fine to me, Richards.

Steven Richards sort of sneers at Raven, then walks off...

Coach: Well, an interesting development there to say the least! Well, back to you at ringside, Michael and Paul!

Back in the ring, it's...

Jeff Hardy vs. Spike Dudley

Jeff is mostly in control, hitting the majority of his trademark spots and mostly just going through the motions. I question the sense of this match, really, as the main purpose of it is obviously to make Jeff look strong, but I'm not sure if Spike's the right person for the job. Whilst Spike's a great go-to man to be thrown around the ring like a ragdoll for the big power guys, it's not really the best move to have the same thing done to him by another little guy. Spike gets the odd bit of brawling in, but for the most part this is just a showcase for Jeff Hardy. The end comes, somewhat mercifully, when Spike gets Jeff in the corner for the Dudley Dog, but Jeff throws him off, then jumps up to the top and comes off with a Swanton Bomb, then hooks the leg for the pinfall victory.

Winner: Jeff Hardy

Jeff works the crowd following his victory, and we go recap attack.

Backstage segment, and Big Show is walking backstage, when Kurt Angle walks over to him.

Kurt: Show, Show! I know you've had your problems with The Undertaker and, well, I'm facing him tonight, I was wondering if...

Show: If I could help you out? Not a chance, little man.

Kurt: Come on, Big, please! Someone needs to knock that guy down to size! If it's one thing I can't stand, it's a guy walking around like he's better than everyone else, just because he's bigger and taller and...

Kurt trails off as Big Show sneers at him, and Kurt looks slightly scared.

Kurt: Well...er...yeah, my point is, neither of us like him, so if you could help me out then, I guess, it would be achieving a common goal...

Show: Alright, Kurt, I'll think about it.

Kurt: Oh, thanks a lot, Big Show!

Kurt hugs Big Show, but Show just shoves him away and gives him a look of disgust, then walks off.

*cut*

Undertaker runs in for an Avalanche corner splash, but Angle gets his boot up to block it. Angle hits a Released German Suplex out of the corner...and Steve Austin just rushed the ring!

Austin punches down Angle, then throws a few punches to The Undertaker too! Austin's beating on both men, what the hell? The referee calls for the bell and throws the match out...

No Contest

All three men start brawling together, throwing punches between them, with none of them able to get an advantage, when eventually Undertaker and Angle end up working together and both beat down Stone Cold! Austin's sent reeling, and gets hit with a big Chokeslam from The Undertaker! Austin tries to roll out of the ring to safety, but Angle grabs him by the foot and locks in an Ankelock! Austin's tapping out, but this isn't even a match. Angle eventually breaks, and Austin rolls out of the ring, clutching his leg in pain.

Angle and Undertaker walk over to the ropes and start hurling insults at Austin, who doesn't pay any heed. Angle then pats Undertaker on the back and gives him the thumbs-up! Undertaker gives Angle a look of disgust, then hits him with a huge right hand, knocking him down to the mat! Undertaker and Angle end up rolling around on the mat throwing punches at one another, and eventually get back to their feet, and just continue brawling!

The Big Show runs down to the ring...well, runs is a strong word...and grabs Undertaker form behind, pulling him off Angle, and hits him with a huge open-palmed chop to the chest, then lifts him up and hits a Chokeslam! Big Show pulls Angle to his feet, and nods at him, then raises his arm, and the show ends with that image...

We go back to the ring, for our envigoratingly exciting main event this evening...

The Main Event:

Mike Awesome vs. Billy Gunn

This match is mostly in favour of Mike Awesome (remember him?) as Billy Gunn hasn't exactly been booked strongly lately, his most recent career highlights being that he's there whenever Chyna needs a male partner. Gunn gets in a couple of trademark spots, mostly brawling and an enthusiastic Jackhammer, not to mention some RTC-angering sexually suggestive gestures towards Awesome. The finish comes when Awesome knocks Gunn down with a flying shoulder tackle, then waits for him to get up, and lifts him up into a Gorilla Press, and turns it into a Front Slam, then goes up top and hits an Awesome Splash on Billy G, and hooks the leg for the 1...2...3!

Winner: Mike Awesome

Awesome laughs at the fallen Billy Gunn as the announcers go on about his power, and how that combined with his allegiance to Mr. McMahon may well make him the most dangerous man in the WWF. Basically they're just reminding us he exists.

WWF RAW May 2 2001

Hit the pyro, it's RAW, JR and Paul Heyman are at ringside hyping tonight's main event, which pits Kane against the Big Show, and tonight's tag team match, where X-Factor will take on the team of Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit, not forgetting the in-ring debate between Raven and Steven Richards. Don't you dare touch that dial!

First segment, and "Dead Man Walking" hits, signalling the arrival of The Undertaker. Undi rides down to the ring, climbs in and grabs a mic.

Taker: Last week on SmackDown!, I was all fixed to kick the ever-loving hell out of that snot-nosed punk Kurt Angle, but Steve Austin had to get himself involved. Now don't get me wrong, I'd like more than anything in the world to beat Steve Austin senseless and take his title, but right now, I want another shot at Angle. The brat's been pissing me off lately, and I don't like having an ass-kicking taken away from me.

So if you and your new bitch Big Show want to come down to this ring and face me, I've got no problem with it. My brother, Kane, is gonna show the Big Show why you don't mess with the Brothers Of Destruction, and Kurt, if you haven't learned your lesson yet, how about you step into my yard tonight?

The fans erupt, as Undertaker smiles and calls on Kurt Angle. There's an awkward pause, before his music finally hits and Kurt walks out.

Kurt: Undertaker, I'm not gonna step into the ring with you tonight. We had a bond last week, we took it to Steve Austin, together! You had to break that bond, though, and that angers me. I'm not about to step into the ring with someone as untrustworthy as you, Undertaker, that's practically a deathwish!

Taker: That's strange, cos I thought the stunt you and Big Show pulled last week was you showing that you got a deathwish, boy. And Dead Man Inc. has a reputation for making wishes come true, with a 100% success rate. Try me, boy, I will make you famous.

Kurt: I'm already famous, 'Taker, I'm an Olympic gold medallist, damn it! And I don't need to wrestle you to prove myself!

Kurt drops the mic and storms off while Undertaker just shakes his head in disgust.

Well, after that quite awkward segment, D'Lo Brown makes his way to the ring, followed by Essa Rios.

D'Lo Brown vs. Essa Rios

Essa goes up top instantly, and takes D'Lo down with a flying forward axe handle, then springs back up to his feet and hits a high dropkick. Cover! 1...2...no, D'Lo kicks out. The fans are confused as to the dispositions of these two superstars, so there isn't much of a reaction for most of the match. Essa whips D'Lo across the ring and ducks down for a backdrop, but Brown kicks him in the shoulder, then throws a series of punches, then whips Essa into the ropes and hits a high knee on the rebound. D'Lo locks in a reverse chinlock, and after a couple of seconds, Essa manages to struggle his way out of it, elbow D'Lo in the face and take him down with a hurricanrana! Cover! 1....2....no, D'Lo kicks out.

Essa goes to irish whip D'Lo into the corner, but D'Lo counters, only for Essa to springboard off the top rope and hit a clothesline out of the corner! Both men get back to their feet, and Essa goes for a falling neckbreaker, but D'Lo counters into a backslide! 1...2...no, Essa kicks out.

Both men get back to their feet, and D'Lo hits Essa with the Sky High! He rolls into the cover, 1....2....3!

Winner: D'Lo Brown

After the match, Tiger Ali Singh runs down the aisle, closely followed by Chaz! Tiger grabs a chair and rushes the ring, and swings for D'Lo, but Chaz spears him down! Chaz and Tiger start brawling, so D'Lo Brown goes to pull them apart, and Chaz pushes him away. This angers Brown, who then yanks D'Lo off Tiger Ali Singh and hits him with a big right hand! Chaz and D'Lo start brawling, until D'Lo gets the upper hand and knocks him silly with a stiff kick to the head! D'Lo hurls insults at Chaz, until Tiger Ali Singh comes from behind and hits D'Lo with a low blow! Tiger Ali Singh gets out of there as both members of Lo Down are down and out...

Once all three men have left, the RTC sirens hit and Ivory makes her way out to the ring, microphone in hand.

Ivory paces around the ring for a while, to a very negative response from the capacity crowd, before finally speaking.

Ivory: Later tonight, our leader in the Right To Censor's crusade against immorality, Steven Richards, will be involved in an in-ring debate with...Raven...but right now, I've got a few things to say myself.

Ivory's barely said anything, certainly nothing to insult the crowd, but they're all over her in this segment, almost drowning her out at some points.

Ivory: It's no secret that neither or, nor the Right To Censor as a whole, approve of the current WWF Women's Champion, Chyna. Val Venis and I have crippled her once, and if that's what it takes to rid the world of this horrible role model, this nude-posing hussy, and put the Women's Title around the waist of one more deserving, then so be it.

The crowd are really taking a dislike to Ivory now...

Ivory: Chyna promotes pornographic material by posing nude in an issue of Playboy magazine, yet is considered a role model to women everywhere. I come out to this ring, dressed sensibly and conservatively, and speaking the truth, and I get booed! What kind of society is...

Ivory's cut off, thankfully, by Chyna's entrance music, and Chyna walks slowly down the aisle and into the ring, where Ivory stares up at her in fear. Chyna smirks, and Ivory goes for a clothesline, but Chyna blocks it and hits one of her own, then lifts her up and plants her with a DDT!

Chyna then grabs Ivory's skirt and literally tears it off, then does the same to her shirt, leaving Ivory rolling around desperately trying to cover herself up. Chyna raises the Women's Title above her head to a decent pop, then walks out, as Val Venis runs from the back with a sheet to cover up Ivory.

Backstage, and Triple H and Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley are chatting away, when someone knocks on the door. Triple H orders for the door to be opened, and Chris Benoit is standing there!

HHH: What the hell are you doing here?

Benoit: I couldn't help noticing that you've been keeping a pretty low profile lately...ever since you lost to Kane at Backlash, maybe?

HHH: What are you getting at, punk? I'm a busy man, I can't afford to be in the ring every single night, I've got things to do...

Benoit: You're a wrestler, Hunter, don't forget that. You can hide away backstage and make excuses cos you lost, but the fact is, you still did, and no one's gonna forget about that if you don't do anything. You need to get back in the ring and make them forget, show them that you can still go.

HHH: I don't have to listen to any of this crap, screw you, Benoit!

Triple H slams the door on Benoit, then returns to his conversation with Stephanie. What an...odd...segment.

Still backstage, don't you just love it? Kane is leaving his locker room, and walking through the corridors, when Kurt Angle spears him from behind! Kurt knocks Kane to the ground and stomps away at him then gets right down in his face, choking away at him and talking trash, punching him between the eyes, until Kane struggles and shoves him off. They start brawling, but Angle quickly gets the upper hand and manages to Angle Slam Kane back-first into a solid brick wall! Ouch! With Kane down, Angle grabs what appears to be a lead pipe and slams it down on Kane's ankle! Kane cries out in pain as Kurt hits him three more times, then slams his leg into the wall, before finally locking on the Ankle Lock! Before long, road agents come running and seperate the two, but Kane is down and hurting, as the announcers debate whether or not he's even going to be able to wrestle tonight.

Back in the ring, and it's tag team feud building action...

Test & Billy Gunn vs. Eddie Guerrero & Dean Malenko (w/Perry Saturn)

The announcers explain that Test has been looking for a tag team partner to help him fight The Radicalz, and that Billy Gunn was his latest finding, as they wonder how well they'll work as a team. Kind of a mismatch of styles here, in any case. Malenko and Gunn start out and, bizarrely enough, Malenko strikes first, hitting a hugely impactful DDT, then locking in a body-scissors, which Billy is able to quickly fight his way out of. Billy gets back to his feet and goes to whip Dean-o into the corner, but Dean counters, then runs in and hits a running dropkick as Billy staggers out of the corner, and then makes the tag to Eddie Guerrero.

The Radicalz hit a Double Gourdbuster on Billy, and Eddie hooks the leg. 1....2..kick-out. Billy gets back up to his feet, into a high dropkick from Eddie. Guerrero then runs the ropes, but Billy Gunn pulls out a spinebuster to get both men down. Both men crawl slowly towards their corners, and Billy gets to his first, tagging in Test. Test runs in and elbow drops Eddie, cutting him off from his partner, then picks him up and slams him down. Test goes to pick Eddie up by the hair, but Eddie gets a thumb to the eye, temporarily phasing Test, and giving Eddie enough time to tag in Dean Malenko, who runs in, but straight into a high knee! Dean staggers upwards, as Eddie comes back in. Eddie runs at Test, but gets hit with a Big Boot! Dean goes to attack Test, but he hooks him up and plants him with a Falling Powerbomb! Cover! 1....2....3!

Winners: Test & Billy Gunn

Perry Saturn runs into the ring, but pretty much immediately gets hit with a Big Boot! Test escapes, leaving Billy Gunn alone in the ring, as the announcers speculate over whether or not we'll see them tag in the future.

Back from commercial break, and there's a carpet in the ring, along with two microphone-equipped podiums, and Michael Cole is stood in the centre of the ring with a microphone. The Right To Censor sirens hit, and Steven Richards makes his way out, flanked by Bull Buchanan and The Goodfather. They all enter the ring to a chorus of boos, then Richards takes his place behind one of the podiums as his two goons go to the outside. Raven's music hits, as JR and Paul Heyman speculate over whether Raven will have brought anyone with him to counteract the RTC involvement. When Raven does walk out, to a great pop, he is alone, but far from without back-up, as he has a shopping cart full of assorted makeshift weapons. He then gets into the ring, gives the crucifix pose, and gets behind the podium, where he slouches slightly, leaning on the side of the podium to stay upright.

Cole: Ladies and gentlemen, this is an in-ring debate set up last week on SmackDown! between the leader of the Right To Censor, Steven Richards, and the self-appointed champion of the working man, Raven. Now, you will each be given a chance to voice your opinions, and debate your beliefs between each other, in front of this live capacity crowd. First, Steven...

Richards: The Right To Censor are an organisation set up to regulate the WWF to ensure that no unsatisfactory material will reach the innocent, untainted minds of the American youth. So far we've had a number of resounding successes, and we don't intend to stop until the World Wrestling Federation is entirely family-friendly viewing. And I'm afraid that uncouth, violent, decadent individuals such as yourself, Raven, are far from our vision of an ideal World Wrestling Federation...

Raven: Steven, I understand that what you do is done with the very best of intentions, but what you're doing isn't helping the WWF, and it isn't helping the youth of America, what you're trying to do is blind young people, hide them away so they can't see what the real world is like, but one day they'll find out, you can't keep them hidden forever. Face it, your idea of a perfect WWF, of a perfect America, is never going to see the light of day. For every little suburban middle-class boy with a Mom and a Dad to look out for him, and with the Right To Censor ensuring that he doesn't see anything you don't want him to, there's someone like me. Someone who never had a Dad, who rarely had a Mom, and certainly didn't have anyone stopping me from seeing things I didn't want to...

Richards: And that's why you, Raven, do not factor into the Right To Censor's view of a utopian World Wrestling Federation. You're the exception, not the rule. We can keep individuals such as yourself off the television, and make sure that everything featured on WWF programming is moral and suitable for all ages.

The crowd are firmly behind Raven so far, as was expected.

Raven: Censorship is not the answer, Steven. If Mommy and Daddy don't want little Tommy exposed to the real world, to the gritty underworld, to the drugs, the sex, the violence, to Raven, then it's Mommy and Daddy's responsibility to make sure that little Tommy is raised okay. What you say is a load of bull, Steven, no one cares what you think, and people are smart enough to make their own decisions with or without the Right To Censor...

Richards: You don't understand, Raven, the world needs the Right To Censor, there is no place in the world for a dirty narcotic-addled scumbag like yourself! You say you object to what I say, but how is that different to you trying to impose your misguided beliefs on these people?

Raven: There's one big difference between you and I, Steven. To quote the philosopher Voltaire, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." You think you can control what people think, and I say no. I say no to you, to the Right To Censor, and to anyone else who tries to tell me what to believe. I've been through a lot in my life, and I don't know what I believe in any more. I don't believe in God, I don't believe in an Afterlife, I don't believe in the sanctity of marriage, but I do believe in the individual's constitutional right to free speech, and that's where my problem lies with you and your organisation.

Richards: Free speech is a dangerous thing, Raven...

Raven: Then you can consider me to be the most dangerous threat the Right To Censor have ever faced, Quoth the Raven, Never...

Bull Buchanan attacks Raven from behind, soon joined by The Goodfather! They beat him down and throw him out of his podium, and start stomping away at him, but Raven is able to fight back and fight both off for some time, until Richards gets involved...Raven continues fighting, but the three-on-one odds are too much for him. They beat him down, with Richards yelling at him, and Michael Cole goes to check on him.

Steven Richards gives Michael Cole a look of disgust, then slaps him across the face! Apparently Richards has taken objection to something here, and he orders his goons to attack Michael Cole! They slowly back him into the corner, but stop when a familiar "heartbeat" resounds around the arena, and the entrance starts filling with smoke....it's Tazz! The RTC back off as Tazz runs down to the ring, and Raven comes to and manages to start throwing punches at Bull Buchanan and The Goodfather, whilst Tazz ducks a clothesline attempt from Richards and locks in the Tazzmission! Richards taps out quickly, and Tazz just rolls him out of the ring. Tim White climbs into the ring, apparently we're into impromptu match mode...

The Right To Censor (w/Steven Richards) vs. Raven & Tazz (w/Michael Cole)

Raven and Bull Buchanan brawl away, and Raven soon gets the upper hand and hits a bulldog. Bull gets up, into a shoulder tackle from Raven, who then tags in Tazz. Raven scoops Bull up for an Inverted Atomic Drop, and Tazz hits a Neckbreaker, that was interesting. Cover! 1...2...Goodfather breaks it up, then returns to his corner. Tazz hits a side suplex, then hooks Bull up for a vertical, but he fights out of it and clubs Tazz down to the mat. Tazz pulls himself up, but gets nearly beheaded by a big side kick, before Bull tags in The Goodfather.

Goodfather hits a bodyslam on Tazz, then lifts him up and hits a fall-away slam. Cover! 1....2....Raven breaks it up. Tazz and Goodfather both get to their feet and start throwing punches, and Tazz gets the upper-hand, and slams Goodfather's head into Raven's raised boot, then makes the tag. Raven hits a spinning neckbreaker, and gives the Crucifix signal, calling for his finisher, as Bull Buchanan runs in, but Tazz intercepts and hits him with a T-Bone Tazzplex! Steven Richards jumps up on the apron, but Michael Cole pulls him back down again and slaps him across the face! Richards goes to slap Cole, but he blocks it and kicks Steven square in the groin!

Back in the ring, Raven manages to hit The Goodfather with the Evenflow DDT! Cover! 1....2.....3!

Winners: Raven & Tazz

Before they even get chance to celebrate, Val Venis runs down the aisle and clotheslines down Tazz! He starts brawling with Raven, who gets the upper hand, but is soon cut off by Bull Buchanan, and then The Goodfather. All of Right To Censor manage to beat down Tazz and Raven, as Steven Richards comes to and he and Val manage to slide Michael Cole into the ring! Bull Buchanan kicks Cole in the stomach! Scissors Kick! Cole is out! Right To Censor have sent a message here!

Once everyone's left the ring, we go tag team action...

Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit vs. X-Factor (w/Albert)

X-Pac hits Benoit with a spinning heel kick, then tags in Justin Credible, but he gets him with a huge forearm straight away! Benoit tags in Chris Jericho, who hits a stiff high kick, and X-Pac rushes the ring. Jericho backdrops X-Pac, though, and he goes over the top rope to the outside! Y2J hits Justin Credible with a hard back suplex, as Chris Benoit goes up to the top rope, and hits a Swandive Headbutt! Rather than make the cover, though, the Canadians set him up and lock him into an excruciatingly painful Walls Of Jericho/Crippler Crossface combination! Justin taps out! Emphatic victory, and great teamwork!

Winners: Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit

Jericho and Benoit are standing tall as Albert helps his fallen companions to the back, when Commissioner Regal leads Davey Boy Smith and Triple H down to the ring! All three men slide into the ring and Regal directs traffic as HHH and Smith are brawling with the Canadians! The Canadians get the upper hand, almost entirely taking Davey Boy out of the equation, until Regal goes to the outside and fetches a sledgehammer, which he then drives into the back of Chris Jericho's head! Benoit turns around...into Kick-WHAM!-PEDIGREE~! Triple H spits on Benoit as Regal raises his arm...

The Big Show and Kurt Angle then make their way down to the ring, and Kurt has a microphone.

Angle: Regrettably, tonight's main event match between the Big Show and Kane cannot go ahead as planned, as Kane suffered a minor injury backstage earlier tonight...however, I would like to issue a challenge to the WWF Champion, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, to put his title on the l...

Pyro erupts at the entrance, and Kurt and Show look horrified as Kane limps his way down the ramp! Kane's here! Kane climbs into the ring and performs his pyro cue, which scares Kurt enough to make him leave the ring. The bell rings and the match is underway.

The Main Event:

The Big Show (w/Kurt Angle) vs. Kane

Big Show strikes Kane first, clubbing him down to one knee, then kicks his leg out from under his leg, fully aware that he's hurting. Show stomps away at Kane's leg, then runs off the ropes and goes for a leg drop across it, but Kane rolls out of the way, and hits a boot to the side of Show's head. Kane hits a side suplex variation, his leg buckling as he does so, then goes for a clothesline, but Big Show avoids it, and hooks Kane up, then hits him with a HUGE vertical suplex! Cover! 1...2....no, Kane kicks out.

Show grabs Kane's leg and traps it between the top and middle rope, then drops his elbow across it, causing Kane to scream and writh around in agony. Show then drives his knee into Kane's ankle, rolls him over and locks in the Ankle Lock! Much to the delight of Kurt Angle at ringside, of course. Kane just manages to reach the ropes, and grabs on to the bottom rope, but the Big Show doesn't break it! The referee is up to a three count as Kane grabs the middle rope, then manages to maneuver himself and hit an Enziguiri on Show! Both men are down, and Kane's leg is severely hurting him.

Both men finally get to their feet, and Show goes to strike Kane, but Kane hits him with a throat thrust, knocking him to his knees, then slowly goes up to the top rope. Kane jumps off with a Flying Clothesline, but his leg collapses under him as he lands, and he just drops to his knees in pain, giving Big Show enough of an opening to clasp his hand around his neck, then lift him up with a Chokeslam, then hook the leg for the 1...2...3!

Winner: Big Show

After the match is over, Kurt Angle can be heard at ringside proclaiming that he will be the next WWF Champion, whilst Big Show is indicating much the same thing in the middle of the ring. Show then picks up Kane and sets him up for another Chokeslam, but The Undertaker sprints down to the ring, with a chain in hand, causing Show to back off. Show goes to strike 'Taker, but gets knocked silly with a chain-assisted right hand. Angle gets the hell out of The Undertaker's way as he attends to his fallen brother...

"No Chance In Hell..."...Vince McMahon is here! And he has a microphone in hand...

Vince: Well, well, well, it looks like we've got ourselves a problem here. I was looking to make a main event for Judgment Day, but I couldn't decide on a Number One Contender for Steve's WWF Title...so it won't be on the line.

The crowd boo this decision rather heavily.

Vince: ....in a one-on-one match-up. Instead, we will see a Tag Team match-up, where whoever scores the winning pinfall will become WWF Champion!

The fans seem mostly happy with that...

Vince: Seeing as they seem to have some kind of agreement right now, on one team we shall have Kurt Angle and The Big Show, on the other team, Stone Cold Steve Austin and.......The UNDERTAKER!

The fans erupt in cheers as The Undertaker looks shocked, as the announcers argue over how in the world those two could co-exist, until a smirk comes over 'Taker's face, and we end with that image....

WWF SmackDown! May 5 2001

Welcome to WWF SmackDown!, it's Michael Cole and Paul E. Heyman at ringside, and Vince McMahon and Stone Cold Steve Austin in the ring, and there's a desk set up in the centre of the ring with a contract on it.

Vince: In recent weeks, a number of WWF superstars have been engaged in a bitter rivalry. That is why, last Monday night on RAW, I announced the main event for Judgment Day: Kurt Angle and The Big Show vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Undertaker!

The crowd pop as expected...

Vince: Now, some might say that it's a somewhat biased match, as Kurt and Big Show have worked as a team before, whilst Steve and The Undertaker can't work together...but I think that will work in their favour! The intensity in that team will be what could lead them to victory! But to make sure that this intensity doesn't cause the team to explode before Judgment Day, I've added a stipulation to the match contract, stating that if The Undertaker should lay hands on Austin before the match, he will be suspended without pay for 90 days.

The crowd are quite perplexed, as the announcers ponder what Austin's punishment could be.

Vince: And, in the interest of fairness, if Steve should antagonise The Undertaker, then he will be stripped of the WWF Title!

Austin looks shocked, but Vince manages to calm him down...

Vince: Now Steve, are you ready to sign the contract?

Austin takes a pen from Vince then reluctantly signs the contract. He steps back, and The Undertaker's music plays. The Undertaker walks down to the ring and, without a word, snatches the pen from Austin, reads through the contract, and signs it. The two men stare each other down, neither saying a word, until eventually Vince manages to pull Austin away and walk him to the back, but Undertaker never takes his eyes off him...

Once Undertaker's left and the ring has been cleared, it's time for our first match, tum te tum...

Matt Hardy (w/Jeff Hardy) vs. Bubba Ray Dudley (w/D-Von Dudley)

This match is here, basically, to serve to remind us that the Hardy Boyz are the number one contenders to the tag team titles, cos God knows I'd forgotten. Matt strikes first with a running neckbreaker, followed by a big elbow, and a cover. 1...2...Bubba powers out. Matt goes for a bodyslam, but can't lift Bubba, so backs off and gets caught with a clubbing forearm to the back of the neck.

Bubba Ray fires off some right and left hands, then scoops Matt up and hits him with a huge sideslam. Hooks the leg! 1...2...no, Hardy gets the shoulder up. Bubba bodyslams Matt down, then runs off the ropes and goes for a big elbow, but Matt rolls out of the way and Bubba's elbow eats canvas. Not literally, because that would be bizarre on several levels.

Matt his a big dropkick, then goes up top, and flies off with a crossbody! Held for the cover...1.....2....no, Bubba Ray gets his shoulder up.

Matt scores with a dropkick to the knee, then runs off the ropes...but gets caught and planted with a massive Sidewalk Slam! Bubba Ray waits for Matt to get back up, then hooks in a Full Nelson and plants him with the Bubba Bomb! He rolls into the cover, 1....2....3!

Winner: Bubba Ray Dudley

The Dudley Boyz celebrate for a while as The Hardy Boyz regroup and head to the back together, and once all have left, it's time for our next match...

Chaz vs. Hardcore Holly

Wow, the crowd really don't want to see this, and can you blame them? Some of the most dull brawling I've seen this year courtesy of Hardcore to start the match, until Chaz manages to block a right hand and fire back with some slightly less dull brawling. Chaz fires away a vicious series of forearms, then kicks Holly in the back of the leg, bringing him down to one knee, then knees him in the face! That was stiff as hell...Chaz hooks the leg! 1....2...no, Chaz lifts Holly off the mat!

Chaz lifts Hardcore up to his feet, and slaps him hard across the face! Holly rushes at Chaz, only to get caught with some more vicious brawling. Chaz kicks Hardcore in the gut, hits him with a European Uppercut, then knees him in the stomach and hooks him for a suplex, and hits a Cradled Brainbuster! The announcers sell it like death, and Chaz makes the cover! 1.....2......no! Tiger Ali Singh has pulled Chaz off Hardcore Holly! Where did Singh come from? The referee throws this match out as Singh drops an elbow across Chaz's back...

Winner: Chaz

Tiger Ali Singh hooks Chaz up and hits him with a Butterfly Suplex, then rolls into a Butterfly lock, keeping Chaz in a seated position, with his arms trapped. Singh drives his knee into Chaz's back, and starts hurling abuse at him, when D'Lo Brown runs down the aisle!

Singh lets go of Chaz and runs over to D'Lo, who manages to outbrawl Singh, and back him into a corner, as Chaz starts to come to his senses. D'Lo whips Tiger Ali into the opposite corner, then runs in and squashes him with a clothesline. Chaz nods to D'Lo, then lifts Singh up to the top rope and hooks him up for a superplex as D'Lo climbs the opposite turnbuckle. Chaz hits the Superplex, and D'Lo Brown flies off with the Lo Down, but Tiger Ali Singh rolls out of the way and D'Lo crashes down hard!

Chaz grabs Tiger Ali Singh and hits him with a big neckbreaker, then hits D'Lo with a couple of punches for good measure, but D'Lo manages to get back to his feet and the two are brawling, but stop when William Regal's music plays.

William Regal and Davey Boy Smith walk out, and Davey Boy hands a microphone to the Commissioner.

Regal: Hold on, gentlemen! I'm sick to my stomach of seeing you three run amok over my show, and I think it's high time I did something to put a stop to it! I'm going to let you three settle your problems at Judgment Day, in a triple threat match; now get out of my ring and let the next match start, for Heaven's sake!

Regal and Smith leave, and eventually so do Singh and Lo Down.

Billy Gunn then comes out for the next match, followed by Val Venis, who is flanked by Steven Richards and Ivory.

Billy Gunn vs. Val Venis (w/Steven Richards & Ivory)

Venis lights up Gunn with a stiff chop, then hits a shoulder tackle to knock him to the mat. Billy gets back up, into a short-arm clothesline, and Val drops down into the cover. 1...2..no, Billy gets a shoulder up. Billy grabs Val in a headlock as he gets back to his feet, then drives a couple of right hands into his forehead, staggering the RTC member, then plants him with an Inverted DDT. Cover! 1....2..no, Val kicks out.

Billy starts brawling with Venis, but Val manages to get the upper hand, and hits a big bodyslam, but Gunn pops back up, and brawling continues. Ivory starts bickering about something to the official, as Steven Richards slides into the ring and hits the Steven Kick on Billy Gunn! Richards gets out of the ring as Val goes up top, and hits the Money Shot! Sidenote: They need to rename that move, it really doesn't fit the new gimmick. Val hooks the leg! 1.....2....3!

Winner: Val Venis

Richards climbs into the ring and raises Val's arm, then starts putting the boots to Gunn. Val joins in, as Ivory beckons to someone to come down and, sure enough, Bull Buchanan and The Goodfather run down to the ring, and join in the beatdown on Billy.

The Goodfather locks Gunn in a Full Nelson as Bull Buchanan fires away with shots to his unprotected midsection, until he eventually slumps to his knees. Goodfather frees Gunn's arms, but only so Bull can run up and hit him with a Scissor Kick. Gunn's limp body drops down to the mat, and Val Venis drags him out of the ring. Venis takes off his tie, and wraps it around Billy Gunn's neck, then uses it to catapult him face-first into the ringpost!

The remaining Right To Censor members slowly exit the ring as Billy blades on the outside. The Goodfather grabs the tie that's still wrapped around Gunn's neck, and drives him face-first into the top of the steps, then drives his knee into Billy's back, pulling back on the tie as he does so, effectively strangling Gunn!

Raven's music hits, and all members of the Right To Censor turn to face the entrance as Raven and Tazz sprint down the aisle! They run in and immediately start brawling with Goodfather and Buchanan, but the numbers start to get too much for them when Val Venis and Steven Richards get involved.

Raven manages to get the upper-hand, though, scoring with a field kick between the legs of Venis, and a big clothesline on The Goodfather, as Tazz brawls around the ring with Buchanan! Richards goes for the Steven Kick on Raven, but it's blocked, and Steven is knocked down with a big clothesline. Ivory comes from behind and goes for a low blow on Raven, but he reaches back and grabs by the hair then pulls her, kicking and screaming, into position for an Evenflow DDT on the outside! Just before he hits it, though, Val Venis grabs him by the head and pulls him down.

Finally, road agents and referees run down, at the request of William Regal, who has stepped out on to the apron, and after a long struggle, they manage to seperate Tazz and Raven from the Right To Censor. EMTs are sent down, to attend to Billy Gunn, who is lying in a foetal position coughing up blood...if this was a main event angle, that would be an iconic image, but as it's only Billy Gunn, no one really cares.

Regal has obtained a microphone...

Regal: Bloody hell, I've really got my work cut out for me tonight, haven't I? I was trying to prepare myself for our tag team match later this evening, but I couldn't just sit by and watch this massacre unfold. That's why, on the 22nd of May at Judgment Day, we're going to have ourselves a six-person intergender tag team match. On one team we shall have The Goodfather, Bull Buchanan and Ivory, and on the other team, Raven, Tazz & the World Wrestling Federation Women's Champion, Chyna!

The crowd pop as Regal leaves, and once Billy Gunn has been stretchered out, it's time for our next match.

Test vs. Essa Rios

It's worth noting here, that Paul Heyman reminds the viewers during this match that Test and Billy Gunn tagged together recently, and that apparently they could have been a permanent tag team, but the RTC have put a spanner in the works. I guess that beatdown was a blessing in disguise, then. In any event, most of this match is spent discussing the previous beatdown, and speculating over whether or not Test will try and find a new tag team partner.

Rios hits a dropkick on Test, knocking him into the turnbuckles, then runs in for a Stinger Splash, but Test moves out of the way and hits a big clothesline, then follows up with a fist drop. He goes for another, but Essa rolls out of the way and hits a front dropkick to the jaw of Test. Rios then grabs Test by the arm, springboards up onto the top rope and backflips off, hitting an arm drag-like maneuver on Test. He then grabs his legs and scores with a modified roll-up....1....2....no, Test kicks out.

Essa stomps away on Test, then goes up top and flies off with a Moonsault, but Test gets out of the way! People aren't too lucky with top rope maneuvers tonight. Essa pulls himself up to his feet, clutching his stomach in pain, and Test grabs him from behind, hooks the arm, and hits the Pumphandle Slam! Cover! 1....2....3!

Following the match, as per-usual, Eddie Guerrero runs in and levels both men with the European Title belt. Eddie throws Essa over the top rope, then spits on Test's limp body, and starts yelling about how he'll never be the champ again.

With that done, it's time for an aforementioned big tag team match-up...

William Regal & Davey Boy Smith vs. Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit

Smith and Benoit start out in the ring, and Benoit ducks an initial slow-as-hell clothesline from Davey Boy, and plants him with a legsweep. Cover, 1...2..no, Davey kicks out, and Benoit tags in Y2J. The Canadians hook up the Brit, and hit a Double Vertical Suplex, and Jericho makes the cover. 1...2...no, Smith gets a shoulder up. Jericho hits an enziguiri on Smith, knocking him down again, then runs the ropes, but gets caught with a flapjack variation from the Bulldog, who makes the tag to Commissioner Regal.

Big Willie hits a running knee-lift on Jericho, then drives a massive thrust kick into his chest. Jericho is reeling, and gets caught with a gutwrench into a sick released german suplex, planting Y2J right on the top of his skull. Regal makes the cover, driving his forearm into the side of Jericho's face as he does so, 1....2....no, Benoit breaks it up with a kick to the back of Regal's head. Regal pulls Jericho up into position for a piledriver, but Y2J backdrops him out of it, then manages to crawl to his corner and make the hot tag to Chris Benoit.

Benoit hits a big running forearm, Regal gets up, and Benoit knocks him down with another! Benoit goes up top and signals for the Diving Headbutt, but Davey Boy shoves him off the top rope to the outside! Benoit lands face-first on the floor on the outside! The referee tries to restore order as Jericho enters the ring and starts brawling with both Brits, but this allows Triple H to jump the guardrail, taking advantage of the distraction, and hit Benoit with a Pedigree on the outside!

With his partner incapacitated on the outside, it doesn't take long for Jericho to succumb to the attack of Regal and Smith, and it's all over when Regal hits the Regal Cutter and makes the cover for the 1..2...3.

Winners: William Regal & Davey Boy Smith

Regal grabs a microphone, again, and starts shouting at the fallen Chris Jericho.

Regal: I've had enough of your nonsense, you good-for-nothing little toerag! I took your title, I took your bloody dignity, but you still keep coming back for more! I'll put an end to your miserable existence once and for all, at Judgment Day, in a handicap match! Chris Jericho vs. William Regal and David Smith!

Regal drops the microphone on to Jericho and leaves with Davey Boy Smith as Benoit comes to on the outside, and he and Jericho help each other to the back.

And now, of course, it's time for the main event:

The Main Event:

Kurt Angle & The Big Show vs. The APA

Michael Cole and Paul Heyman hype up Judgment Day's main event, speculating over whether or not either team will be able to work as a cohesive unit, saying that this will be the perfect opportunity to find out how well Angle and Big Show can work together.

Big Show kicks Bradshaw in the gut to start, then levels him with a clothesline and tags in Kurt Angle. Angle hits a snap suplex, and floats into the cover. 1....2...no, Bradshaw kicks out. Angle hits another snap suplex, then sets Bradshaw up for a German Suplex, but Bradshaw elbows his way out of it and hits a big bodyslam, then tags in Faarooq. Faarooq immediately hits a stiff spinebuster, and hooks the leg! 1...2...no, Kurt kicks out. Faarooq punches away at Angle, then runs off the ropes and goes for a shoulder tackle, but Angle dodges out of the way and hits a German Suplex! Tag to the Big Show...

Show hits a big open-palm chop across the chest of Faarooq, who staggers backwards, allowing Bradshaw to tag himself in. Bradshaw runs in and goes for the Clothesline From Hell, but Big Show just boots him down hard! Bradshaw struggles back to his feet, and Big Show grabs him round the neck and hits him with the Show Stopper! Cover! 1....2....3!

Winners: Kurt Angle & The Big Show

Faarooq tries to attend to his friend, but Kurt Angle stops him from entering the ring. Faarooq throws a couple of punches, but Angle fires back, then lifts him up and hits him with the Angle Slam! Kurt and Show start stomping away, when "Dead Man Walking..." hits, and The Undertaker runs down the aisle to a great pop! The Big Show tries to fight him off, but gets outbrawled, and ultimately clotheslined over the top rope to the outside. Undertaker stalks Kurt Angle around the ring, who's backing off as much as humanly possible...'Taker goes to kick Angle in the gut, but the Olympian blocks it and pulls him down into an Anklelock! Undertaker is screaming in pain, until Steve Austin sprints down to the ring! Kurt Angle runs out of the ring, as 'Taker gets to his feet, and turns to see who he his saviour was...

The two men stare long and hard at each other, the disdain clearly visible on their faces, and start mouthing off to one another, going nose-to-nose, exchanging insults. Undertaker raises his fist to Austin, but Stone Cold just puts his hand on top of it and pulls 'Taker's arm down. The two men continue insulting each other, knowing full well they can't get physical, and we end the show with that...

I like the last show. It really showed that Regal's position can be quite useful for making matches(since he is the comish) for the next PPV. I think at Judgement Day, Jericho will somehow win over Regal and Bulldog. I just have a hunch over that.

It's not dead, I've just had computer troubles and a load of college work, rest assured, I'll hopefully get something done tonight, maybe tomorrow at the latest.

Sorry for the hideously long time between SmackDown! and Heat, I've had a load of outside stuff, but with college and computer troubles over and done with, and just work to deal with now, this should be back on track as much as possible.

WWF Heat May 8 2001

Heat opens with Kevin Kelly and Michael Cole, generic announce team #4, at ringside. I'm sorry, but the WWF really needs to hire some new announcers, or just use Heyman on every show. More Heyman is good. I'm all for Tazz getting "one last" push in the ring, but they've lost a reasonably good announcer in the process.

Anyway, short rant over, and we've got ourselves a throwaway tag team match...

Grandmasta Sexay & Steve Blackman vs. X-Factor (w/Albert)

X-Factor are in control for the most part, keeping Grandmasta Sexay isolated for most of the match and not allowing him to make the tag to Steve Blackman, and Pac is mostly working over Sexay's legs, whilst Credible works over the neck...interesting psychology comes from that, as they hit a double-team basement dropkick/clothesline combo, which is quite impressive. This makes a change from usual Sexay/Blackman tag matches, as usually it's Blackman who plays "babyface in peril" and gets the tag to Sexay, as he's the weaker of the two and gets a decent enough pop for his trademark spots. However, rumour has it that Blackman's working through a back injury, so he's left on the apron for the most part, and only comes in for a quick flurry of kicks and punches right at the end, only to get caught off guard with a low blow from Justin Credible, setting up for the X Marks The Spot Double Superkick, and allowing Pac to get the cover and the win.

Winners: X-Factor

Joy of joys, it's time for a highlight video!

The Goodfather locks Gunn in a Full Nelson as Bull Buchanan fires away with shots to his unprotected midsection, until he eventually slumps to his knees. Goodfather frees Gunn's arms, but only so Bull can run up and hit him with a Scissor Kick. Gunn's limp body drops down to the mat, and Val Venis drags him out of the ring. Venis takes off his tie, and wraps it around Billy Gunn's neck, then uses it to catapult him face-first into the ringpost!

The remaining Right To Censor members slowly exit the ring as Billy blades on the outside. The Goodfather grabs the tie that's still wrapped around Gunn's neck, and drives him face-first into the top of the steps, then drives his knee into Billy's back, pulling back on the tie as he does so, effectively strangling Gunn!

Raven's music hits, and all members of the Right To Censor turn to face the entrance as Raven and Tazz sprint down the aisle! They run in and immediately start brawling with Goodfather and Buchanan, but the numbers start to get too much for them when Val Venis and Steven Richards get involved.

Raven manages to get the upper-hand, though, scoring with a field kick between the legs of Venis, and a big clothesline on The Goodfather, as Tazz brawls around the ring with Buchanan! Richards goes for the Steven Kick on Raven, but it's blocked, and Steven is knocked down with a big clothesline. Ivory comes from behind and goes for a low blow on Raven, but he reaches back and grabs by the hair then pulls her, kicking and screaming, into position for an Evenflow DDT on the outside! Just before he hits it, though, Val Venis grabs him by the head and pulls him down.

Finally, road agents and referees run down, at the request of William Regal, who has stepped out on to the apron, and after a long struggle, they manage to seperate Tazz and Raven from the Right To Censor. EMTs are sent down, to attend to Billy Gunn, who is lying in a foetal position coughing up blood...if this was a main event angle, that would be an iconic image, but as it's only Billy Gunn, no one really cares.

Regal has obtained a microphone...

Regal: Bloody hell, I've really got my work cut out for me tonight, haven't I? I was trying to prepare myself for our tag team match later this evening, but I couldn't just sit by and watch this massacre unfold. That's why, on the 22nd of May at Judgment Day, we're going to have ourselves a six-person intergender tag team match. On one team we shall have The Goodfather, Bull Buchanan and Ivory, and on the other team, Raven, Tazz & the World Wrestling Federation Women's Champion, Chyna!

Back in real life, and Rob Conway's already in the ring, whilst D'Lo Brown's entrance music plays. The law of jobber averages, doubled with D'Lo's recent push, suggests that this is a rather one-sided affair.

D'Lo Brown vs. Rob Conway

Surprise surprise, this one's over fairly quickly. D'Lo and Conway mat-wrestle to start, then end up brawling for a while, with D'Lo overpowering his jobber adversary, until Conway scores with a low blow on the tweener D'Lo, setting himself up as the heel for this match, then uses some fairly basic brawling and rest holds, followed by some stiff-as-sin chops and a hard russian legsweep, but after that D'Lo fights back and it's all D'Lo up until the Sky High and the cover for the 1 2 3.

Winner: D'Lo Brown

Time for a remotely relevant highlight video...

Chaz vs. Hardcore Holly

Wow, the crowd really don't want to see this, and can you blame them? Some of the most dull brawling I've seen this year courtesy of Hardcore to start the match, until Chaz manages to block a right hand and fire back with some slightly less dull brawling. Chaz fires away a vicious series of forearms, then kicks Holly in the back of the leg, bringing him down to one knee, then knees him in the face! That was stiff as hell...Chaz hooks the leg! 1....2...no, Chaz lifts Holly off the mat!

Chaz lifts Hardcore up to his feet, and slaps him hard across the face! Holly rushes at Chaz, only to get caught with some more vicious brawling. Chaz kicks Hardcore in the gut, hits him with a European Uppercut, then knees him in the stomach and hooks him for a suplex, and hits a Cradled Brainbuster! The announcers sell it like death, and Chaz makes the cover! 1.....2......no! Tiger Ali Singh has pulled Chaz off Hardcore Holly! Where did Singh come from? The referee throws this match out as Singh drops an elbow across Chaz's back...

Winner: Chaz

Tiger Ali Singh hooks Chaz up and hits him with a Butterfly Suplex, then rolls into a Butterfly lock, keeping Chaz in a seated position, with his arms trapped. Singh drives his knee into Chaz's back, and starts hurling abuse at him, when D'Lo Brown runs down the aisle!

Singh lets go of Chaz and runs over to D'Lo, who manages to outbrawl Singh, and back him into a corner, as Chaz starts to come to his senses. D'Lo whips Tiger Ali into the opposite corner, then runs in and squashes him with a clothesline. Chaz nods to D'Lo, then lifts Singh up to the top rope and hooks him up for a superplex as D'Lo climbs the opposite turnbuckle. Chaz hits the Superplex, and D'Lo Brown flies off with the Lo Down, but Tiger Ali Singh rolls out of the way and D'Lo crashes down hard!

Chaz grabs Tiger Ali Singh and hits him with a big neckbreaker, then hits D'Lo with a couple of punches for good measure, but D'Lo manages to get back to his feet and the two are brawling, but stop when William Regal's music plays.

William Regal and Davey Boy Smith walk out, and Davey Boy hands a microphone to the Commissioner.

Regal: Hold on, gentlemen! I'm sick to my stomach of seeing you three run amok over my show, and I think it's high time I did something to put a stop to it! I'm going to let you three settle your problems at Judgment Day, in a triple threat match; now get out of my ring and let the next match start, for Heaven's sake!

Next, it's a singles match to fuel a tag team feud, and they're always fun.

Jeff Hardy vs. D-Von Dudley

The booking for this feud has been less than stellar, but with some fairly big angles going on at the moment, it's not that noticeable, and the Hardyz, the Dudleyz and Edge & Christian (they've been keeping a fairly low profile recently, apparently they've been given some time off, as both men are feeling the rigours of the road life) have so much history all ready, and have a lot of chemistry, that there's very little to worry about in terms of finding reasons for them to face each other, and the fans aren't going to complain about more matches between them. That said, the tag team titles have been booked in a great old-school way lately, where the titles really are the most important thing in tag team wrestling, and there's very few gimmicky angles, just number one contenders facing champions. I like that.

This match is very back and forth, and understandably so, as neither team should look weak going into their tag team title match at Judgment Day. It seems strange seeing D-Von in a singles match, as it's no surprise that Jeff is being groomed as a future star, so he gets a few scattered singles matches anyway, but it seems like D-Von's never been anything but a tag team competitor, so it's odd to see him doing more than just hitting his trademark spots before tagging in Bubba Ray.

This match is mostly an energetic brawl, with a couple of restholds courtesy of D-Von, and Dudley outpowering Hardy occassionally, whilst Hardy uses some flip-flop spot monkey gubbins off the top rope now and then, specifically the Whisper In The Wind and a couple of springboard crossbodies. The end comes when Jeff goes for his reverse Twist Of Fate after picking up the advantage in a brawling contest, somehow, until D-Von fights out of it and plants him with the Dudleyville Drop lifting inverted DDT. D-Von hooks the leg and gets the 1 2 3.

Winner: D-Von Dudley

Backstage, and Jonathan Coachman is standing by.

Coach: It's about time for our main event match, in which Crash Holly will defend the WWF Lightheavyweight Title against Essa Rios. Now I've heard earlier that Crash...

There's an off-screen commotion, and Coach looks confused as the cameras try and track what's going on. Eventually Rob Conway comes into shot, and grabs the mic off Coach.

Conway: D'Lo Brown got lucky tonight, just like Tazz got lucky last week. And maybe someone else will get lucky next week, but I want everybody here to remember the name Rob Conway, because sooner or later, you're never gonna be able to forget it. You're gonna see WWF title gold around my waist, you won't be able to turn on your TV without seeing Rob Conway endorsement deals. My name's gonna be up in lights, Coach, and you can have the honour of giving me my first interview!

Coach looks perplexed...

Coach: Er...I'm sorry, Mr. er...Conway, but I don't know who you are, and you're taking up allotted television time, so would you mind...

Conway: Oh, you'll know who I am, Coach, and you'll regret turning this offer down!

Rob Conway slaps Coach so hard that he falls down to his knees, then turns and walks out.

Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly discuss this for about three seconds, before going into Judgment Day shill mode and seguing to this hype video...

The Main Event:

Kurt Angle & The Big Show vs. The APA

Michael Cole and Paul Heyman hype up Judgment Day's main event, speculating over whether or not either team will be able to work as a cohesive unit, saying that this will be the perfect opportunity to find out how well Angle and Big Show can work together.

Big Show kicks Bradshaw in the gut to start, then levels him with a clothesline and tags in Kurt Angle. Angle hits a snap suplex, and floats into the cover. 1....2...no, Bradshaw kicks out. Angle hits another snap suplex, then sets Bradshaw up for a German Suplex, but Bradshaw elbows his way out of it and hits a big bodyslam, then tags in Faarooq. Faarooq immediately hits a stiff spinebuster, and hooks the leg! 1...2...no, Kurt kicks out. Faarooq punches away at Angle, then runs off the ropes and goes for a shoulder tackle, but Angle dodges out of the way and hits a German Suplex! Tag to the Big Show...

Show hits a big open-palm chop across the chest of Faarooq, who staggers backwards, allowing Bradshaw to tag himself in. Bradshaw runs in and goes for the Clothesline From Hell, but Big Show just boots him down hard! Bradshaw struggles back to his feet, and Big Show grabs him round the neck and hits him with the Show Stopper! Cover! 1....2....3!

Faarooq tries to attend to his friend, but Kurt Angle stops him from entering the ring. Faarooq throws a couple of punches, but Angle fires back, then lifts him up and hits him with the Angle Slam! Kurt and Show start stomping away, when "Dead Man Walking..." hits, and The Undertaker runs down the aisle to a great pop! The Big Show tries to fight him off, but gets outbrawled, and ultimately clotheslined over the top rope to the outside. Undertaker stalks Kurt Angle around the ring, who's backing off as much as humanly possible...'Taker goes to kick Angle in the gut, but the Olympian blocks it and pulls him down into an Anklelock! Undertaker is screaming in pain, until Steve Austin sprints down to the ring! Kurt Angle runs out of the ring, as 'Taker gets to his feet, and turns to see who he his saviour was...

The two men stare long and hard at each other, the disdain clearly visible on their faces, and start mouthing off to one another, going nose-to-nose, exchanging insults. Undertaker raises his fist to Austin, but Stone Cold just puts his hand on top of it and pulls 'Taker's arm down. The two men continue insulting each other, knowing full well they can't get physical, and we end the show with that...

Back in the ring and golly gee whizz, it's a main event.

The Main Event:

WWF Lightheavyweight Title Match:

Crash Holly © vs. Essa Rios

This is a bit of a mismatch, as although Crash is capable of high-flying, he isn't really doing any, leaning more in favour of matwork and heavyweight-style brawling, harking back to his "superheavyweight" days, perhaps? Essa does a fair bit of high-flying, and gets some decent pops for it, which is odd, as it seems like the roles are almost reversed here, as the fans seem to want to cheer Rios and boo Crash at some points. Crash is mostly in control here, with Essa only getting the odd move in, as the announcers go on about how Essa isn't used to dealing with the American style of wrestling as he grew up in Mexico. Er...how long has been on WWF contract for now? He must be a slow learner. Or maybe he just gets drunk on tequila, or forgets it all whilst mowing people's lawns. How about we get some more racism in there, Kevin?

The end comes when Essa grabs Crash's arm and goes for a springboard arm drag, but Crash pulls him down and crotches him on the top rope, then hits him with a DDT from the top! OUCH~! Cover, 1...2....3!

Winner and STILL WWF Lightheavyweight Champion: Crash Holly

We end with Crash holding the title aloft as the announcers hype RAW. As you do.

WWF RAW May 9 2001

RAW opens with some pyro and Jim Ross and Paul E. Heyman telling us that there's a feeling in the air tonight that something huge is gonna go down...in any event, it's time for a tag team match-up featuring Sunday Night Heat's number one sons:

Grandmasta Sexay & Steve Blackman vs. Right To Censor (w/Steven Richards & Ivory)

The Goodfather and Steve Blackman start out in the ring, and Goodfather gets the better of Blackman following an initial test of strength and sends him flying into the ropes and hits him with a back body drop on the rebound, but the Lethal Weapon is up quickly and scores with a kick to the back of the unsuspecting Goodfather, following with an Inverted Russian Legsweep, sending him face-first into the canvas. Blackman makes the tag to Grandmasta Sexay, and they join hands and hit a Rockers-esque double team elbow drop, and Sexay hooks the leg. 1....2..no, Goodfather kicks out.

Both men get back to their feet, and Grandmasta scores with a sloppy dropkick to the chin, but Goodfather's up again quickly and Sexay uses his Memphis SKILLZ to outbrawl his larger adversary with some right hands, but Goodfather blocks a flurry and fires back with a series of forearms, then reels back and hits a discus punch, knocking Sexay down and buying RTC some time, allowing Goodfather to tag in Bull Buchanan.

Goodfather pulls Sexay up into the corner and chokes him as Bull runs back and, giving Goodfather just enough time to move out of the way, leaps half-way across the ring, squashing Sexay into the corner as he does so. Sexay staggers out, into the waiting arms of Bull, and gets planted with a powerslam. Bull holds him down for the cover....1....2...no, Grandmasta gets the shoulder up. Bull runs off the ropes and calls for something or other, but we never find out what it is, as Sexay pulls out a drop toe hold to block it! Sexay and Goodfather both crawl towards their corners....and Sexay makes it first! Goodfather isn't the legal man, but he enters the ring anyway, but straight into a shot to the gut and an inverted atomic drop from Steve Blackman! Buchanan gets back to his feet, and turns straight into a jumping martial arts kick to the jaw! Bull goes down!

Blackman sets Bull up for a back suplex, but the larger censor manages to elbow his way out of it and go for a bodyslam, but Blackman slides down his back and hits a dropkick to the back of Bull's head, sending him flying into a REF BUMP~!

Blackman starts kicking away at Bull as The Goodfather comes in to break it up, but Sexay runs in and clotheslines him over the top rope to the outside! This allows Ivory and Steven Richards to enter the ring, though, and Ivory scores with a low blow from behind to Blackman! Blackman slumps down, allowing Ivory to lock him in a full nelson, so Bull and Steven get a few shots in, but the referee soon starts to come around, so the two illegal RTC members flee, and Blackman starts pulling himself up to his feet, but only to get hit with a Scissors Kick from Bull! Cover! 1....2....Sexay tries to break it up, but it's too late...3!

Winners: Right To Censor

Right To Censor are standing tall in the ring, and Bull pulls Blackman up to his feet, allowing Steven to hit him with a hard slap to the face! The announcers speculate as to exactly what RTC's problems with Grandmasta Sexay and Steve Blackman might be, but they're interupted as Tazz and Chyna sprint down to the ring!

Tazz starts throwing punches at Steven, sending him reeling across the ring, but soon gets jumped from behind by Bull Buchanan & The Goodfather. Chyna tries to fight back, but she too falls to the numbers game, and before long she's left in a heap alongside Tazz. Just to add insult to injury, though, Ivory pulls her up to her feet, slaps her, and then calls Steven Richards over, and they hit her with a huge Double DDT! Chyna is out cold as the announcers remind us of her neck "injury" caused by RTC earlier in the year, and go into some concerned hype for Judgment Day. Right To Censor are getting really maliciously lately, I like it, but I don't know how long this gimmick can conceivably last, or where they can go post-RTC...

Once the Right To Censor have left, along with their adversaries, "No Chance In Hell" hits and Mr. McMahon walks out to a fairly positive response. He has a microphone in hand, so yay for Vince.

Vince paces around the ring for a while, before beginning to speak.

Vince: In case any of you have been living under a rock your whole lives, I am Vincent Kennedy McMahon, the chairman of the World Wrestling Federation, a certified billionaire and the most powerful man in this industry! If you want any proof, if proof be needed, just take a look at last Thursday night, when my hand-picked Commissioner and his assistant Davey Boy Smith, with the help of my son-in-law Triple H, laid waste to Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit! And look at later that night, when my man "Stone Cold" Steve Austin cleared the ring of two of the industry's biggest stars, The Big Show and Kurt...

Vince is interupted by the music of Kurt Angle, and he walks down to the ring to a mixed reaction, which is expected, as both men are heels here. Kurt grabs a microphone and walks up to Vince.

Kurt: You're right, Vince, you are the chairman of this company, you are a certified billionaire, and you are the most powerful man in this industry, and I can't say I didn't enjoy watching those punks Jericho and Benoit getting their butts kicked last week, but there's a few points you're missing out. You forgot to mention that before Austin shoved his nose where it didn't belong, it was me and The Big Show that flattened the APA, one of the best tag teams in this company! It was me who did what your boy Steve Austin couldn't do, and singlehandedly had The Undertaker screaming in agony, as I was seconds away from snapping his ankle like a twig!

Vince stops Kurt in mid-rant...

Vince: Okay, okay, stop there! I'm not arguing that you aren't one hell of an athlete, Kurt, because let's face it, you're an Olympic gold medallist...

Kurt: The only one in WWF history!

Vince:...yes, the only one in WWF history...and you've had one of the best rookie years in WWF history, but let's face it, Kurt, you don't have the power and the presence of Mike Awesome, you don't have the intensity and aggression of Triple H, and you certainly don't have the drive and determination of Stone Cold Steve Austin! But you've got potential, Kurt...

Kurt: Potential?! Potential?! Let me tell you something, Vince! I didn't win a gold medal with a broken freakin' neck because of potential, I didn't win the King Of The Ring because I had potential, I didn't become the first real Eurocontinental Champion because of potential and I darn well didn't win the WWF Title because of potential! I did all that because I'm the best! I am awesome and I am that darn good, *Kurt mimics Steve Austin's mannerisms at this point, and quite expertly so* oh HECK yeah!, it's true! It's true! WOO!

Vince looks furious at Kurt, but a smile slowly breaks across his face...

Vince: Maybe I was wrong, Kurt. Maybe you do have intensity after all...and integrity...and intelligence...maybe I did misjudge you...

Vince is interupted again, this time by "Dead Man Walking" as The Undertaker rides down to the ring, with both Vince and Kurt looking incredibly irate as the crowd go wild for the Dead Man. 'Taker finally gets off his bike and climbs into the ring, and snatches the microphone from Kurt Angle.

Taker: You know, I'm sick of hearing you two jabber on about who has and hasn't got power, who has and hasn't got intensity, when to be honest, none of us could really give a damn, and everyone in this building wants to see both of you get your asses kicked.

The crowd pop, indicating that perhaps the Undertaker is right...

Taker: You see, I don't give a damn that you're the chairman of the WWF, and I certainly don't give a damn that you're a billionaire, 'cos when you're in this ring, you're in my yard, and I'm the big dog that runs this yard, and I don't need no money or fancy titles to prove it.

Kurt grabs the mic back from The Undertaker

Kurt: You're a big dog, this is your yard, ten years, decade of destruction, yadda yadda yadda, we've heard it all before, Undertaker! You're like a broken record, every time it's the same, you come out here, brag about being here longer than anyone else, then get your butt kicked by someone more talented than you, someone like me!

Vince: He's right, Undertaker, just face it! The Decade Of Destruction is over, your days in my company are numbered! You've failed to beat Stone Cold already, and now you can't even lay a finger on him! It's in your contract, you can't do anything to him!

Undertaker just punches Vince square in the jaw, knocking him down! The announcers go nuts about how there's nothing in the contract saying 'Taker can't antagonise Vince, but the interesting story here is that, rather than rushing to help, Kurt Angle just backs slowly away and out of the ring...eventually Undertaker leaves too.

After quite some time, Vince McMahon pulls himself up to his feet, clutching his face in pain and red with anger.

Vince: God-damn it, Undertaker, you asked for it! I was going to give you the night off tonight, but now I'm sticking you in a match! And Kurt Angle, you cowardly son-of-a-bitch! So tonight, we're gonna have ourselves a little preview of Judgment Day, in this very ring! Tonight....Kurt Angle and The Big Show will face The Undertaker, Steve Austin AND Mike Awesome in a handicap match!

Once Vince has left the ring, it's time for a match. Joy upon joys!

Triple H vs. TAKA Michinoku

Triple H clubs TAKA with a big forearm, then scoops him up, knees him in the ribs and slams him down hard. He makes the cover, 1....2..no, HHH pulls TAKA's head off the mat, then slams it back down. Triple H pulls him to his feet and throws him into the corner, then lights him up with a couple of stiff chops, until TAKA drops to his knees, and Hunter kicks him squarely in the face. Triple H whips TAKA into the ropes and ducks down for a back body drop, but TAKA leapfrogs over him! TAKA goes for a crossbody on the rebound, but Triple H hits a Harley Race-esque running knee lift, right to the ribcage of TAKA, sending him doubled over down to the mat.

Triple H pulls TAKA up to his feet, then kicks him in the stomach. He pulls him in and hooks the arms for the Pedigree.....but thinks better of it and pushes TAKA away, then grabs him under the arm and uses a slightly sloppy fujiwara armbar to drag Michinoku down to the mat, then locks in a rudimentary Crippler Crossface! He pulls back, exerting as much pressure as possible, and TAKA soon taps out!

Winner: Triple H

Hunter kicks TAKA whilst he's down and stands tall over his fallen opponent.

We cut to backstage, where Chris Benoit is watching on a monitor and looks furious. Test walks over to try and speak to him, but Benoit just brushes him off, grabs his bags and storms out...

Back in the ring, and we've got a six-man tag match. The Dudley Boyz are apparently heels in this match, despite being faces in their last feud with X-Factor. I guess it's just by default seeing as they're facing The Hardy Boyz...

Chris Jericho & The Hardy Boyz vs. Davey Boy Smith & The Dudley Boyz

Davey Boy Smith and Chris Jericho start out in the ring, and Smith connects with some incredibly weak punches to start...I'm sorry, but I don't see the logic in putting a worn-out veteran who can hardly work a match any more over someone like Jericho who's still got a lot to offer the company. Maybe if he was a face and it was for a nostalgia pop, but as a heel it makes so little sense. Why not hire a younger British wrestler if it's so necessary that Regal's "assistant" be a Brit? I guess it wouldn't have had quite the same initial impact, but in the long-term it would have worked out a lot better, because he could have got the rub off Jericho and Regal and gone on to bigger things, but Davey Boy really can't offer the company anything.

Smith runs off the ropes and hits a weak clothesline, knocking Jericho down, then hits him with another on the rebound. Davey makes the tag to D-Von Dudley, who hits another clothesline, then twists Jericho round and hits him with a modified neckbreaker, before tagging in Bubba Ray Dudley. The Dudley Boyz hit a combined back suplex/neckbreaker combination on Jericho, wrongly called the 3D by JR, and Bubba makes the cover. 1.....2.....no, Matt Hardy breaks it up.

Bubba Ray sets up for another neckbreaker on Jericho, but he fights out of it and scores with a roll-up! 1....2...no, Bubba kicks out. Jericho manages to make the tag to Matt Hardy, who runs in and immediately takes out Bubba Ray with a clothesline! D-Von tries to come in, but Matt punches him down, then gets a shot in on Davey Boy Smith for good measure.

Matt kicks Bubba in the gut and hits a big swinging DDT, then hooks the leg! 1....2....no, Davey Boy breaks it up! Davey pulls Matt up and starts brawling with him, until Jeff comes in and they manage to fight him off, and the referee eventually manages to regain control and eject everyone that isn't Matt Hardy and Bubba Ray Dudley from the ring.

Matt grabs Bubba's head and slams it against his cornerpost, then tags in Jeff Hardy, who hits a sunset flip off the apron, over the top rope and into the ring on Bubba, held for the cover! 1...2....no, Bubba kicks out. Both men get back to their feet, and Jeff kicks Bubba, then goes to do it again, but Bubba blocks it, only for Jeff to spring off the other leg and hit a spinning kick to the face! Jeff runs off the ropes and goes for a flying crossbody or something, but Bubba ducks and Jeff crashes and burns, and Bubba falls into his corner, allowing Davey Boy Smith to tag himself in.

Jeff regains his composure, only to get knocked halfway across the ring by a Davey Boy Smith shoulderblock. This gives Jericho the chance to tag himself in, though, and they get nose-to-nose in the middle of the ring.

They exchange shoves for a while, then lock up, and Jericho manages to kick Smith's leg out from under him, then tries to lock in the Walls Of Jericho, but Davey Boy fights out of it. They get back to their feet and Davey slugs away at Jericho, but Y2J blocks a punch and starts firing away with a flurry of right hands, driving Smith back into the corner, then turns and plays to the crowd. With Jericho's back turned, though, Davey Boy starts loosening the turnbuckle pad. Meanwhile, on the outside, the Dudleyz have pulled the Hardyz off the apron and they're brawling, and the ref's trying to keep them in order. Jericho turns back around to face Davey, but Smith grabs a handful of tights and flings Y2J face-first into the exposed turnbuckle! Jericho staggers back, into the roll-up by Davey! The referee counts, 1.....2.....Jericho gets his foot on the ropes, but D-Von swats it away...3!

Winners: Davey Boy Smith & The Dudley Boyz

The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz continue brawling for a little while as Davey leaves, but eventually road agents seperate them with neither team gaining an advantage, and a groggy Chris Jericho makes his way to the back.

And then, it's time for our next match....

Raven vs. Val Venis (w/Ivory & Steven Richards)

Raven starts the match slumped in the corner, and Val isn't entirely sure what to make of him. Val cautiously walks over, and Raven lures him into a drop toe-hold, bouncing his head off the turnbuckles! Raven walks out into the middle of the ring, then runs in for a clothesline into the corner, but eats a big Val Venis boot to the face, and gets hit with a bulldog out of the corner. Val hooks the leg....1....2...no, Raven kicks out. Val pulls Raven up, but Raven pulls out an upward-thrusting clothesline from kneeling to knock Venis down, then pulls him up and hits an Inverted DDT into a backbreaker, very Christian-esque. Cover....1....2...no, Val kicks out.

Raven sets Val up for the Evenflow DDT, but Val struggles out of it with a couple of knees to the midsection, then pulls Raven in for a piledriver, but Raven manages to backdrop him out of it. Raven and Val start brawling, and Raven gets the upperhand and whips Val into the ropes. He spins round and goes for a DDP-esque spinning clothesline, but Venis hits a running kneelift to the stomach on the rebound, then hits a spinning neckbreaker on Raven! Cover....1....2....no, Raven gets his shoulder up.

Val climbs up to the top rope and calls for the still rather un-PC titled Money Shot, but Raven pulls on the top rope, straddling Val on the turnbuckles. Val slumps down out of the corner, and Raven pulls him into the middle of the ring and hits the Evenflow DDT! He hooks the leg! 1....2....3!

Winner: Raven

Raven gives the crucifix signal to the crowd, and they give him a massive pop, which soon turns to boos, and for once a wrestler is smart enough to realise why the crowd are booing, and turns around and ducks an attempted chairshot from Steven Richards, causing the chair to bounce off the top rope and hit Richards in the face! He drops the chair and staggers into a kick to the gut from Raven, followed by an Evenflow DDT on the chair! Ivory tries to get in Raven's face, but he just stalks her around the ring until she eventually leaves the ring before he lays a hand on her.

Backstage, we have a generic Radicalz segment as Eddie and Perry are scheming...ooooooh...

Back in the ring, it's main event time!

The Main Event:

Kurt Angle & The Big Show vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Undertaker & Mike Awesome

It's evident from the beginning that The Undertaker doesn't want to be here, as he doesn't want to work with either Austin or Awesome. The crowd are fairly hot for this match, which is interesting as only one of the competitors is a babyface, although I guess you could say that Angle and Show have been booked as tweeners with more heelish tendencies...

After much bickering from both sides, Kurt is the first to agree to start the match, but tries to get out of it when he sees that Stone Cold is starting for the other team...

Austin hits a series of right hands to start the match, then pulls Angle in for a short-arm clothesline and stomps a couple of times, until The Undertaker tags himself in, rather violently, and stares at Austin as he enters the ring, and even as he's kicking the fallen Kurt Angle, he doesn't take his eyes off Austin until he's got out of the ring. 'Taker locks Angle in a headlock, then takes him down to the mat, making a cover as he does so...1....2..Angle gets his shoulder up....1.....2...shoulder up...1....shoulder up, and Kurt starts getting to his feet. Kurt fights his way out of the headlock, and uses 'Taker's hair to hit a big snapmare, then locks in a reverse chinlock. He turns it into a choke-hold, and the ref calls for the break, so Angle tags in Big Show. Show walks over and drops a big elbow across 'Taker's chest, then hooks the leg. 1....2....no, Undi' kicks out.

Show pulls Undertaker to his feet, but he pulls out a couple of punches to get back in the driver's seat. Undertaker punches away at Show, then whips him into the ropes, runs off the opposite side of the ring and hits a Running DDT! He runs back off the ropes again, Mike Awesome tags himself in, and 'Taker hits a big leg drop.

The Undertaker starts arguing with Mike Awesome, and they shove each other, until Mike Awesome actually punches Undertaker down! This buys Show some time, though, and Awesome turns around into a big side kick, and Show tags in Kurt Angle. Kurt hits a huge clothesline, sending Awesome reeling, and The Undertaker tags himself back in, very violently, and kicks Awesome in the face as he enters the ring!

Again, though, the in-fighting buys the other team some time, and Undertaker turns around into a SWEET dropkick by Kurt Angle, knocking him down to the mat. Kurt pulls 'Taker back up and locks in an abdominal stretch, and grabs a handful of ropes. It takes a while, but the ref eventually notices and calls for the break, but the damage is already done. Kurt turns it into a gutwrench, into a gutbuster, and Undertaker is winded, so Steve Austin tags himself in, again, quite violently.

Angle and Austin brawl for a while, with Austin getting the upperhand, but everyone starts spilling into the ring and getting all over the place, with Mike Awesome and Undertaker fighting amongst themselves as well as against the other team, until somewhere in there the ref takes a bump, and all hell breaks loose.

The brawling gets out of hand, and Kane runs down to the ring to even up the sides. Kane throws punches all over the place, even managing to send The Big Show over the top rope! He hits a huge sideslam on Mike Awesome, then manages to hit Steve Austin with a Chokeslam before finally Kurt manages to hook his leg and lever him over the top rope to the outside just as the referee is coming round. Austin starts groggily getting to his feet, but Angle grabs him by the arm and takes him down, then turns it into the Anklelock! Austin holds for nine excruciating seconds before he taps out!

After the match, everyone is in everyone else's face, and Undertaker is throwing punches at everyone but Austin...Kane gets back in the ring and helps his "brother", but Kane's not under the same contract, so he starts beating the hell out of Stone Cold too!

Eventually a flood of road agents and officials hit the ring and just about manage to hold Kane and Austin apart as everyone else is too exhausted to continue the fight. On that note, Vince McMahon walks out onto the stage with a microphone in hand...

Vince: Alright, seeing as you see it fit to poke your nose in other's people's business, Kane, I'm putting you in a match on Thursday night on SmackDown! Kane and Mike Awesome, one-on-one!

We get reaction shots of Kane and Mike Awesome as RAW ends and we fade out...

• 1 year later...