The Contender

WS1

Has anyone been watching it? I think its really good. I was watching it tonight and it was Nadji against that Latin guy, I cant remember his name. At the end of the programe though it came up "In loving memory of Nadji 1981-2005". I also read some where that one of the contenders commited suicide, does anyone know if thats true and if it was Nadji?

If it is I think its a great shame. He was only young and had a little daughter who he really loved. When he was talking to that Jackie he told her he didn't have any friends because he didn't trust anyone except his little girl. He seemed a little disturbed and the other fighters said they didn't want to come up against him. He was in tears at the end because he felt he had let everyone down and gone back on his word that he would win and provide a better life for his family. What a great shame though.

I never heard about the suicide thing. If it's true that it is pretty sad.

The biggest fight of the round was probably the one last week between Ishe and that other guy (Ahmed I think). There was so much tension and they both had it in for eachother. This is the type of boxing I like. None of this heavyweight 'one punch every minute' fights. I like the smaller guys who can unload some good combos and they are very fast paced matches.

I'll definitely keep watching this to see how it unfolds.

Yep. Been watching since the first show, it's a shame that Peter lost and got sent home...he was my favorite. Ishe really impressed me in how he wasn't going to mouth Ahmed and then beat his ass come fight time. Maybe I get into the show a little too much. I usually miss the original run on Sunday so I catch the replay on MSNBC on Monday right before Raw. So no spoilers from last night until 9 when it goes off!! :P

Yeah Naji was sad. It's been a while since I read the news and I'm too lazy to read it again, wasn't he the one who shot himself in his car right after his girlfriend got out? Either way it sucks, he was a good fighter and seemed like the nicest overall person on the show.

Edited by existence02

Yep. Been watching since the first show, it's a shame that Peter lost and got sent home...he was my favorite. Ishe really impressed me in how he wasn't going to mouth Ahmed and then beat his ass come fight time. Then when Peter came back I was happy, then when he won that fight I nearly marked out. Maybe I get into the show a little too much. I usually miss the original run on Sunday so I catch the replay on MSNBC on Monday right before Raw. So no spoilers from last night until 9 when it goes off!! :P

Yeah Naji was sad. It's been a while since I read the news and I'm too lazy to read it again, wasn't he the one who shot himself in his car right after his girlfriend got out? Either way it sucks, he was a good fighter and seemed like the nicest overall person on the show.

That's the thing, it didn't say why he killed himself, or how, so I've got no idea.

Yeah Ishe!

I love that guy! Watching the whole episod eup to him beating Ahmed it was great. The US really knows how to hype up such reality shows.

His attitude was spot on. Taking it seriously, letting ihs boxing do the talking while Ahmed just pranced around mouthing off. Ahmed's fiancee looked sick as a parrot at the end of the fight.

Ishe just didn't badmouth back and did what he had to. Brilliant.

I'm only watching it sporadically but I want him to win.

Guest Bluesman

His attitude was spot on. Taking it seriously, letting ihs boxing do the talking while Ahmed just pranced around mouthing off. Ahmed's fiancee looked sick as a parrot at the end of the fight.

Ishe just didn't badmouth back and did what he had to. Brilliant.

I'm only watching it sporadically but I want him to win.

After watching The Ultimate Fighter, I can't stand the Contender. The fact that sound effects are added to the fights (just listen to any punch that connects) and that they don't show full rounds makes the show unwatchable to me.

Guest Bluesman

Considering that EVERYTHING about the episode is centered around the boxing (particularly the match at the end, which the challenges go to set up), there is no real "good" reason not to show the entire fight. This kind of reminds me of that "Battleground" show they had on MTV, where they wouldn't show the entire basketball game.