I'm a dead man...

thatshortguy

Gorillaz - Demon Days

Is the Gorillaz FINALLY releasing a new disc?

Sweet. ^_^

Yup. I've only heard two songs from it but it's shaping up to be really cool.

This is lovely, Midget. Though god, I hope that Weezer album won't be as bad as the single makes it seem like it might be.

The new Garbage disc is called "Bleed Like Me" just for future reference.  And it comes out a week from today!

Thanks, Zero. I knew what the album title was, I just put the wrong name with it. Zuh.

Gorillaz - Demon Days

Is the Gorillaz FINALLY releasing a new disc?

Sweet. ^_^

Yup. I've only heard two songs from it but it's shaping up to be really cool.

This is lovely, Midget. Though god, I hope that Weezer album won't be as bad as the single makes it seem like it might be.

Indeed, although Danger Mouse has taken the place of Dan the Automater (Dan's badass, whereas I find DM a bit vanilla.)

And that Weezer song is more badass once you see the video. Weezer + Playboy Mansion = every nerd's ultimate dream...minus an Alienware laptop with a AMD Ath. processor >_>

Canibus - Hip-Hop For Sale

Nottz, who produced for the upcoming album, said that the leak of The Vitruvian Man mixtape messed up the release of HH4S, implying that a lot of the tracks on there (excluding the freestyles) were meant for the album. I hope it's not true, and if you could post up a tracklist when you do get the album, that'd be much appreciated.

Will do.

So how'd you actually land this killer job?

Okay, this goes back a while, so sit tight.

1998: Midget gets the internet. Dial-up, but yay nevertheless. I became a regular at the Chris Cornell forums, because I really didn't know any better. While there, I began conversing with a woman from California.

As time passes, it turns out that she had recently started up an online magazine with the hopes of getting published. When she learned that I was into writing (and especially once she had read some of my work), she immediately offered me a position there. To quell my parents' fears of "dear gawd, it's wun'o'dem'dar chyld moe-less-turs", she actually sent us a press kit with a photo of the house, her hubby, etc. Even the family cat.

I still remember getting two demos as part of my first package. Both were very small-time bands. I reviewed both CDs. The first demo I checked out had a kinda rap-rock thing going on and some nice bass work. I gave it a decent review, although I noted that the vocalist had a limited range and that the drummer could have used some more variety in his fills.

That CD was an advance copy of "Infest", and the band was Papa Roach.

The second CD I listened to was a five-song demo...a lot heavier, although the grooves were more than present. The guitarist and drummer were both quite good at their craft, while the bassist was able to hold his own. However, the vocalist just absolutely killed it for me. His style just caused me to lose all interest in the stuff because they seemingly relied more on his monkey-like growls and gutteral noises than actual melody.

That CD was Disturbed's last demo before they were signed up.

Alas, I've done editorials, reviews, and even helped interview Wayne Static of Statc-X (along with Full Devil Jacket and a few others) in the time between then and now. I've had the chance to see the night where Ozzy played his last Ozzfest before going off for surgery (Ozzfest 2002), one of Pantera's final tours (Ozzfest 2000), the first night were James Hetfield couldn't make the stage and singers from the opening acts were called upon to sing (Summer Sanitarium 2000), and countless other things. All for free.

Woo.

The new Garbage disc is called "Bleed Like Me" just for future reference.  And it comes out a week from today!

Thanks, Zero. I knew what the album title was, I just put the wrong name with it. Zuh.

No problem, I knew it was just a goof up, but I'm the resident Garbage junkie and had to correct it!

Which, by the way, their new album kicks a whole lot of fuckin ass. I got it on Wednesday, which should explain why you guys haven't seen me the last four days. I've locked myself in a closet and just had it on repeat for the last 83 hours. Well, that's what I wanted to do, but they made me come to work. Fuckers.