Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying in League Two is clearly worse, since every year for the last four or five it's been "THIS WILL BE THE YEAR~!" and we end up 13th, or 12th, or something stupid.

I'd rather be 24th :P At least then we achieved SOMETHING noteworthy, even if it was relegation ¬_¬

I'm starting to realise how Middlesborough fans must've felt before they won't the UEFA Cup.

You might actually sneak through the play-offs.

Most bookies have now stopped taking bets on us going up.

Though I think we're 1/500 with bluesq.

Strangely, betfair have us at 25/1 to go down this season >_>

Take the bet! Take itttt! :P

Seriously though, realistically playoffs are out of the question. Mathematically it's possible, sure. But mathematically it's possible for Bury to get a playoff place ¬_¬

Realistically, 9th is probably the best we can hope for.

After I watched the Derby versus Leicester match the other day, I have to say that Maybury is essential to the Leicester team. He made such great tackles, so well timed and also has the vision to pick players out no matter where he is, whether he's deep near his own area or up near the half way line. He's a gem for Leicester, or at least he was in that match - I can't speak for all the time.

Darren Moore got very lucky, I can't help but feel much of it was due to his size and stature that he got some leeway, since if you touch him you'll probably end up on the floor, despite that he gave away a definite penalty that should have been given. And moments later Derby took the lead. Baines looked very good in that match as well, definate one for the future.

Maybury is a gem for me as well, but a lot of leicester fans don't rate him at all - but there is a lot of dislike for most of our players. In that game it was Maybury, Tiatto and Fryatt who had the biggest impact while the rest of em didn't look that good. Can't believe we didn't get a penatly, fucking stupid refereeing, it's always us who always gets fucked over by dodgy officiating. Sigh.

Holy shit, two wins from two over Easter. Against teams that, this time last year (and for several years before that), we'd be scrapping for points with down their end of the table.

Now we're left with a very real chance of a playoff place. Although the last game of the season, which will almost certainly be decisive, is away at Hartlepool...

... bugger.

Holy shit, two wins from two over Easter. Against teams that, this time last year (and for several years before that), we'd be scrapping for points with down their end of the table.

Now we're left with a very real chance of a playoff place. Although the last game of the season, which will almost certainly be decisive, is away at Hartlepool...

... bugger.

... bugger.

They can be beaten, from experience of taking 6 off them this season.

We can be.

Only one team has beat us in almost 30 games though, so it's all good.

... bugger.

They can be beaten, from experience of taking 6 off them this season.

It takes skill and a lot of luck to come away with three points against Hartlepool. Mind you, now I think Sunderland are on possibly the best form in the English football leagues now that Hartlepool had a slip up. :)

We get to the final without conceding a goal, including a win over Shitty, who - as much as it hurts me to say it - are going to be in the Championship next season, and then let in two in the first five minutes :( I see we brought our League defence, rather than our St. Johnstone's Paint Trophy defence ¬_¬.

Never been a Haldane fan. I do admire his resilience though. "I can't score, so I'll try being a winger and hope they don't pick up on the fact that I'm only playing out wide because I sucked up front and got loaned out to Forest Green".

We should sell him while he's on a high, and buy a defender. We miss Swanny :(

I'll take a point with ten men... especially since Wycombe lost. That leaves us provisonally two points behind Stockport, assuming everyone wins their games in hand (which is unlikely, but worst-case scenario, eh?).

Two points. We can expect three from Macclesfield, we can expect fuck all from Swindon, and equally few from Hartlepool.

That makes the game against Lincoln at the Mem next week vitally important.

'tis gonna be gert tough, this'un.

Oh, and Goodnight Torquay, Goodnight Torquay, we'll see you in... liquidation, probably ¬_¬.

Although they'll probably be replaced by Exeter. So meh.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Stretch to a 4 point lead at the top of the Championship with 3 games to play. One eye is definately on the Premiership now and I reckon if we have financial backing like we do, we may just have what it takes to survive.