Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so lets see: Wolves, Preston, Sheffield W, Burnley, Colchester, Sunderland, Plymouth, Crystal Palace, Ipswich, Cardiff and Coventry all got beaten :thumbsdown: That blows

I was surprised that Wrexham mopped the floor with Wednesday. As well as Barnet and MK Dons showing Cardiff and Colchester the door. So (Y) for them

• 2 weeks later...

WE DIDN'T LOSE!!

We didn't score either, our £200k "superstar" signing wasn't even on the bench, and Walker missed a penalty. BUT WE DIDN'T LOSE.

...against one of the few teams below us in the league.

...who're one of only two clubs to have scored fewer goals than us this season (guess who the other is, Dan).

... :'(

Edited by TheReilDeal

To create a bit of convo - what do you guys feel about your teams ticket prices? Because with most clubs suffering from low attendances it's quite a point in lower league football at the moment.

For Leicester it's not good really. We have "fans fixtures" which are £10 per game but there's only them around twice a season :(

The rest of the games are at least £22 and apparently Colchester is £25 in the next few weeks :o This isn't good value really in my books and theres no wonder a 32,000 stadium is only getting at most 19,000 at the moment.

How do you rate your clubs ticket prices? With that how do you see improvements? I know i'm not happy due to being priced out from seeing City.

Also - if your name and team isnt in the first post give me a shout in here (Y)

I've moved Myke and MDK's Leyton Orient into League 1...and relegated Dan (Y)

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

Stoke's are similair to Leicester's. For adults they range from £19-£25 depending on where you choose to sit. We average about 12,000 at these prices. Plus with Tony Pulis back in charge, football at Stoke is all about defend, defend, defend which is really boring so fans don't want to pay £20+ to be bored.

Stoke also have "fan fixture" days, our first one was too Derby which got over 20,000 at a mid-week fixture. Ticket Prices went back up for the game against Birmingham and attendance dropped to 12,000.

This season i've been down to see my local non-league club Hednesford Town more times than Stoke because it's both more exciting and much cheaper, so even if we lose or it's a boring game i don't feel like i've been ripped-off. I think alot of people like me are switching to the non-league especially when you look at the attendances of teams like AFC Wimbledon, AFC Telford and Kettering. It's a far cheaper option.

I still plan on heading down to Stoke a couple of times this season but even going to 4 games hits the £100 mark, whilst 4 Hednesford games are only £20.

EDIT: TAFKA add me as a Stoke fan, please.

Edited by Stone Cold

At Rovers for a normal adult it's £12.50 in the terraces (£14.50 in the DAS Terrace which is underneath where all the directors and scouts and stuff sit, and that generally has the atmosphere of a WWE womens match).

Seating is £15 in the south stand, but you have to put up with being in the same stand as away fans and screaming kids ¬_¬

I think it's nearly £20 in the other two.

More expensive if you don't book in advance.

So for me in the DAS terrace, £12.50 isn't bad, especially when you consider the proximity to the pasty van :shifty:

As for Plymouth... £22 for a seat, £18 in the terraces.

I've just got back from an awesome game. 3-3 with Cardiff isn't bad, but when you consider we were 3-0 down with 50 minutes gone... and we only needed to score one goal ourselves. We couldn't have done it without two hilarious own goals. Yes, two. I think Darren Purse has secretly signed for us. There is honestly no other explaination for his own goal... it was just awesome. The other one was just unlucky.

For them :shifty:.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Fucking fed up now, I can't get over my football team.

SAME SHIT DIFFERENT FUCKING SEASON.

I'm saying the same stuff over and over, we're so fucked. Forest here we come - and thus no club. :(

You won't be going to Forest.

You'll be going to Rotherham and Blackpool.

So.

Orient are doing shite at the moment, 3-0 to Brighton. Big Mac got sent off early in the game and Brighton have taken advantage of it. And our useless sub keeper is in goal because Glyn is sick.

Theres no Carling Cup thread, and since Derby County are in the Championship, can i just send out my condolences to the fand that travelled up to our piece of crap 'stadium' known as Belle Vue to see your team burn in the shoot-out!

We were 3-0 up, and you pulled it back to 3-3, even if your third goal came following a blatant handball <_<

If only we could play like we did tonight in our league games, cos it woyld help us greatly, if we had beaten say Rotherham on Saturday, and beaten Gillingham the other week, we'd be in the top 5 now, instead were languishing at the wrong end, hopefully O'Driscoll can turn it round now. Any Bournemouth fans that can vouch on if O'Driscoll is a good manager? Same goes for Richard O'Kelly, his assistant type guy.

Oh, and Florence is O'Kelly's middle name, i found it a funny piece of useless trivia <_<

I can't even explain our loss to Leeds yesterday.

We go 1-0 down, then they decide to score an own goal, but we had to fuck it up by giving away a penalty about two minutes later!

Then we finally equalise, but no we couldn't settle for a point, we had to score again, only someone didn't tell Tebily that we had changed ends as he decides to put the ball into his own net, costing us the game and giving Cardiff the chance to go three points clear at the top.

We (Luton, you can add me!) drew 2-2 with West Brom. Before the game I would have said that a draw with that team would be a fantastic accomplishment for us, but after the game I'm gutted. We outplayed a side full of ex Premiership quality players and fully deserved to beat them. However our normal problem at home of create 6 or 7 clean cut chances and only score two, while sides have one shot and score it. It gets very frustrating.