• Ernie Els
    • Vijay Singh
    • Retief Goosen
    • Mike Weir
    • Padraig Harrington
    • Sergio Garcia
    • Davis Love III
    • Other

The Masters is off to a rainy start. It's nice to see Lefty off to a strong start. Just the start he needed....wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him repeat here .It'll really help make for a great weekend for me if Lefty, Weir, Sergio and Duval (hell throw Nicklaus in there too) were doing good all the way to the back 9 on Sunday.

I just heard on the radio over here that apparantly TV coverage in the US is centred around Woods and Mickelson and only shows other players as fillers if those two aren't on the course.

Compare this to the UK coverage which follows most of the players, cutting between them as they take their shots so that you end up seeing the majority of shots played in a day!

I'm glad I'm in England

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

The coverage centers around Tiger and Phil because they are the big guns. Golf isn't exactly one of the major sports even with how much it has grown. Those of us who follow golf know who Retief Goosen or Mike Weir is.....the average American sports fan does not. They'd be stupid not to throw as much Tiger and Phil in there as they possibly could.

Frankly the Olympics coverage is where US TV shows bias....I can live with the current format of Golf broadcasts and it's not like they just show Tiger and Phil

In America they centre around American's for everything be it magazines, sports etc. Okay they do show others (such as Tennis buts thats mandatory when they've shown an entire tournament and an American doesn't get to the final, they still have to show it).

When I was in America I got two tennis magazines, both full of American's and pretty much nothing else, now it's an American magazine yes but I get a British magazine but it doesn't centre around British tennis (it'd be a crap magazine if it did :P). When I was watching the US Open there were two American commentators, the match was Mardy Fish (USA) vs. David Ferrer (ESP) and all the commentators talked about was Mardy Fish, Andy Roddick, John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors, all American's coincidentally. (I wrote an angry e-mail to them :P)

I'm not saying that all American's suck and shouldn't be focussed around but they do get a lot of biased coverage, but I'm sure American people don't care because they want to see American's do well. So, I guess the American's aren't bothered, and as long as people in other countries get to see everyone because they want to I guess it's all good.

I don't really follow golf however, but I quite like Vijay Singh, just a guy i've always seemed to like. How is he doing?

Whooo last I head David Howell and Luke DOnald, two Englishmen, are flying at the top of the leaderboard! Go us!

From what I heard about the US Olympics coverage, it's pretty much rubbish if you want to see any sports where the US doesn't figure in the medals.

I believe in England we got a quick 3 minute round up of Greco-Roman wrestling whereas you lot over there got loads.

We had amazing Olympic coverage, with plenty of sports where the UK didn't really figure (like the Tae Kwon Do and table tennis) and being given a lot of factfiles and interviews with the better competitors from most of the events whether they were British or not.

Anyways back to the golf, hopefully the weather will hold out today so it can get back on track.

with the Olympics on the main broadcast channel NBC all you get is American stuff all day and especially in the taped Prime Time Show where it's made to seem that without the US there would be no sports. Stuff like Table Tennis, Field Hockey and stuff get moved to side networks and you're never really 100% sure what time they'd be on either.....and when they are they get cut a lot.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

The one thing I like about watching the american coverage of the golf (when Sky uses the feed from America) is watching the American commentators discuss the last Ryder Cup, it's hillarious watching them talk around the actual result.

I'm gutted Montie did'nt make it as well, he was so close and he has been playing his best golf in a long while lately.

If a European is going to win a major this year in the U.S, it's odds on that they will win this week given the very good track record Europeans have had in the last 20 years in The Masters.

I want Sandy Lyle to win, but there is no chance in hell of that happening so I will go with the safe bet of Ernie Els, but I really want a European to win it.

Now I root against Tiger more then anybody else but I have to say that it was one hell of a shot he played on the 16th. Too bad Dimarco couldn't hole it out on the 72nd hole. Can't believe he failed to land the ball on the green twice. Lefty definitely dissapointed me here. I wanna see Jack Nicklaus back next year. Weir's rise continues......and what the hell has happened to David Duval?

I hate golf, and my dad hates golf, but during a commercial of the Pirates game we turned on The Masters...

Just in time to see Tiger Woods' awesome putt. Holy shit, I don't watch golf, but that was incredible. I was actually into it after that.