BCW

Guest Rich F

Guest Rich F

BCW TV

To the sound of >the Duel of the Fates< the letters B – C – W burn onto the screen as a montage of images begin to play. Hendry Trance delivers a crunching chairshot; the SHWSTLR plays (ch)air guitar; the Bhangra Boys hit stereo dives; Daniel Reed adjusts his tie; Shemus has a goofy grin and two thumbs up; Greg Fisher leaps with a 5 Star frog splash; the Urban Gang Stars are in “gangsta” pose; Simon Templar demonstrates the headstand escape; the Firm stand with arms folded; Heartbreak Inc connect with the Heartbreaker; Billy Clark has a sleazy grin; Luchalicious flies overhead with a tope con hilo; Tumatuenga is mid haka; Cythraul turns to the camera and shrugs as a sly smile spreads across his face; Grant Morrison flips into Cattle Mutilation; the Hunt Club look down their noses; Bulldog Brown wears the crimson mask; Alex Stone has his arms raised in adoration; Johnny Highspot delivers the Innovation DDT; GBH pulls off the hockey mask to scowl at the camera.

The show opens with a slow motion replay of the closing moments of last weeks show as Gladiator Brute Hammer drives Shemus O’Shaunassy into a steel chair with a Burning Hammer. We are then shown post match footage of paramedics applying a neck brace and stretchering him out of the arena. Ross Jordan explains that O’Shaunassy suffered a concussion and will be out of action for an unknown period of time as Lynn mentions an address to send ‘Get Well Soon’ cards to. We end with a "Don’t try this at home" message.

‘SHWSTLR’ Jason Dean vs G-Man

Before the match begins we are treated to pre-match comments from both men.

“Never fear, because the SHWSTLR is here, direct from Cali-forn-I-A. G-Man, you are going to go one-on-one, mano-a-mano, hombre to hombre with the man of the hour, too sah-weet to be sour, too cool for school and nobodies fool and the SHWSTLR is going to rock - your - world.”

“Yo beotch, da’ PIMP is in da’ hizouse. I is straight outta Bristol and I is gonna show you why I is an Urban Gang Star. Word.”

The G-Man is accompanied to the ring by the Double D as Ice-T’s >Cop Killer< plays over the PA. Their house party is interrupted by Queen’s >We Will Rock You<. Jason Dean appears at the top of the aisle, chair in hand, and treats the crowd to some ch(air) guitar. The Urban Gang Stars try to keep him from the ring, but with his instrument in hand, they quickly bail. The referee finally disarms him and the match is underway. The Dirty Dawg plays a distraction, allowing his partner to catch Dean from behind, but his Irish whip attempt is reversed into a hammerlock, with half nelson, and the SHWSTLR is going for his Showstopper early. The G-Man manages to fight clear as Dean tells him just how close he came to losing.

From there they lock up and the comedy begins. The tag team star forces the SHWSTLR into the corner and as the official tries to break it up, Dean claps his hands then clutches at his face leading the official to warn the Gang Star as he protests his innocence. Another lock up ends in the corner, and the G-Man tries for some revenge as he claps his hands, but the referee catches him. Thinking quickly, he pretends he was trying to the get the fans support as he claps along, but only one man joins in, his partner.

From there, the two pick up the pace. The SHWSTLR scores with an atomic drop – inverted atomic drop series to set up his wind up lariat for a near fall, whilst the G-Man hits back with some cheap shots to set up the curbstomp for 2. After conferring with his partner, the Dawg distracted the official whilst the G-Man grabbed a chair. Rather than hit Dean with it, he throws it to him before dropping to the mat as his partner spins the ref around to see Dean holding a chair, and the wigga laying before him. The SHWSTLR immediately plays a little ch(air) guitar, ‘accidently’ stepping on the G-Man’s hand causing him to sit straight up and ruin the attempted con job.

While the official removes the chair Massive Attack’s >Angel< draws everyone’s attention to the stage as Chris Coey and Dan Gibraltar make their way out. Both men are sporting injuries from the attack last week, and Coey has a mic.

You ladies need to learn to bee-ave, so we’re ‘ere to teach you girls some manners.”

The Firm make their way to the ring as the Gang Stars beckon them on and it all breaks down as the two tag teams start exchanging punches. They are quickly joined by the Bhangra Boys who also want some revenge. The SHWSTLR wants no part of the madness as the referee throws the match out and we cut away with all three teams brawling around ringside.

- - - - -

Wrestling Edge Federation presents The First First Show

Join the WEdge as they celebrate their 4-year anniversary

"TeeHee”

/forum/index.php?showtopic=6247&st=375">www.WEF.com

- - - - -

Billy Clark vs Hendry Trance

Edited by Rich F

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich,

Great show.

Now that ending, I loved! Very savvy to make them tune in next week rather than go for the standard overrun. For certain obvious reasons I'm rooting for Lucha-licious to eke out a victory over Not-Roger-Moore.

Is that a healthy 5 team tag division in a small fed? SWF or HGC will be black balling you to Britain with stuff like that. I like the parity you've got going on.

Very effective use of CCTV too. (For those non-Brits that Closed Circuit TeleVision - I think)

Eventually I want to see Brute Hammer against the Maori Madman.

Oh... and just coz I'm more shameless than Mick Foley... the First First Show is about half done. Should be up sooner rather than later.

Keep up the excellent work!

BCW TV preview

This week on BCW TV, who’s dodging who? We find out as Billy Clark finally faces off against Hendry Trance; the debut of Mixed Martial Arts sensation ‘the Smiling Shooter’ Winston Smith; the conclusion of the match between Luchalicious and Simon Templar; plus GBH for the first time since crippling Shemus O’Shaunassy.

All this and more on Thursday 13th October, 9pm, only on The Wrestling Channel.

BCW TV

To the sound of >the Duel of the Fates< the letters B – C – W burn onto the screen as a montage of images begin to play. Hendry Trance delivers a crunching chairshot; the SHWSTLR plays (ch)air guitar; the Bhangra Boys hit stereo dives; Daniel Reed adjusts his tie; Shemus has a goofy grin and two thumbs up; Greg Fisher leaps with a 5 Star frog splash; the Urban Gang Stars are in “gangsta” pose; Simon Templar demonstrates the headstand escape; the Firm stand with arms folded; Heartbreak Inc connect with the Heartbreaker; Billy Clark has a sleazy grin; Luchalicious flies overhead with a tope con hilo; Tumatuenga is mid haka; Cythraul turns to the camera and shrugs as a sly smile spreads across his face; Grant Morrison flips into Cattle Mutilation; the Hunt Club look down their noses; Bulldog Brown wears the crimson mask; Alex Stone has his arms raised in adoration; Johnny Highspot delivers the Innovation DDT; GBH pulls off the hockey mask to scowl at the camera.

The show opens with highlights from the main event last week between Luchalicious and Simon Templar. The video ends with Luchalicious escaping the cobra twist and then getting 2 and 9/10ths from a shoulder spin rana whilst Lynn Cox can be heard saying “this match will continue on the next episode of BCW TV.

Luchalicious vs Simon Templar

The Saint shoots in for a headlock, but Lucha able to duck under and hit a rolling armdrag to set up an Irish whip, but Simon Templar able to reverse it into an armwringer, quick step in allows a double armbar, then as he squeezes for a submission he slowly sinks to his knees, pushing the luchadore’s head down for a surprise pinfall that gets 2. The Snake Pit graduate looks for another pinfall with a backslide attempt, but the masked man from Tijuana rolls through to plant a dropkick between the eyes of the Saint. A rolling headsnap follows ending with a neck bridge. The Saint takes the strain, slowly undressing the hold to hook both arms and apply a back to back nelson / modified backslide. Lucha able to roll out, but only so the Saint could take him over with a double arm suplex – bridged for a very near fall.

The muga master moves in for a rear waistlock, Luchalicious sits out, but Templar flips him to his feet to reapply the waistlock. The Mexican tries a rolling armdrag escape, but the Saint rolls through to keep control. He tries to work it into the cobra twist, but the high flyer able to counter with a snapmere – rolling headsnap – seated dropkick combo to set up a jacknife pin. The saint able to bridge up and spin through into a backslide, at least until the masked man countered with another armdrag combination. The luchadore then runs in with a corbatta, into the corbatta lock, and Luchalicious able to apply his version of the abdominal stretch. The Snake Pit student tries to reverse it, so the Tijuana native changes it into a reverse swing satellite headscissors.

Luchalicious stays on the offensive with a dropkick that knocks Simon through the ropes to the outside, and as he signals for a tope, the fans pop. The Saint sees it coming though, so the luchadore performs the parallel bars fake. Templar takes his time to re-enter the ring, once again slowing the pace of the match and this frustrates Luchalicious who attempts a quick leg dive. The Stoke native able to block it and counter with a wristlock, but quick as a flash, the Mexican responds with headstand headscissors into a corkscrew takedown. Mexican armdrag to follow, then a power elbow and cover, no - crucifix counter from Templar gets 2.

Luchalicious tries to keep the momentum with a quick kick to set up an Irish whip, but as Templar uses his strength to reverse, the masked man slides through his legs, bringing both of the Saint’s wrists with him for another bridging near fall. Flying bodyscissors sets up the wheelbarrow suplex, flying mare series, but the Saint keeps hold of the arm for a hammerlock into a seated Stretch Plum, and this doesn’t look good for Luchalicious given the size and strength he’s giving up. He manages to get a toe to the bottom rope and the Saint obliges with a clean break.

Templar feels he has the momentum and moves in to take it, but is caught by a Luchalicious drop throw that sends him through the ropes to the floor, and as Simon tries to regain his senses he encounters Air Mexico courtesy of an explosive tope con hilo. After the earlier tease, the fans give a big pop, but the masked Mexican isn’t finished as he throws Templar into the ring and ascends the turnbuckles, signalling for a moonsault. Big leap, but he finds only knees and he’s doubled up in pain as outside, Tiffany implores him to get back up.

Saint up first though and he quickly grabs a wristlock, but before he can sink it in, Luchalicious stepladders up the corner to the top rope then drops into an Arabian flip out. Templar adjusts his position to catch the masked man, but the luchadore able to adjust positions in mid air and trap the student of the Snake Pit in a tight headscissors victory roll for 3. The Saint with a late kick out, and he looks at the ref, more in hope than anticipation. Meanwhile, Luchalicious is doubled over, holding his ribs as Tiffany checks on her charge. Simon Templar slowly gets to his feet, shaking his head at losing a match he thought he should have won. He walks over to his opponent, who tries to pull himself up with the aid of his ropes. The Saint pauses then offers his hand. The pair shake hands and the respect between the two is obvious.

Cut to the announce team after the match who run through the rest of the show. They also have exciting news for the Championship Cup, where a big name star from Japan has signed to enter the championship tournament. Also at the Championship Cup, the Bhangra Boys will take on the Firm and the Urban Gang Stars in a three-way dance.

Bhangra Boys

The Bhangra Boys are in the locker-room as they address the camera.

“Gang Stars, you hoodies don’t scare us and the Firm don’t frighten us. We’re the Bhangra Boys, and we won’t take a backstep to anyone. Come the Championship Cup we’re going to prove to everybody that the Bhangra Boys are the hottest team in BCW.”

- - - - -

Omega-Alpha Wrestling

Can anyone stop the Sabbat invasion?

Go to /forum/index.php?showtopic=1064&st=165">www.OAW.com

- - - - -

GBH

The BCW booking committee has been an interesting place (using the Chinese definition of the word) over the last month. There have been disagreements over almost every decision. Razor was against the Creed – Highspot angle on the debut TV show as he felt Creed should have showed up after the match, but Ross convinced me this would have more of an impact without the match. Jordan though was heavily against the splitting the Luchalicious – Simon Templar match over two shows as the results would be all over the net. Sophie pointed out that as our shows were pre-taped, all the results were available already, despite sometimes running the same match with different results at house shows. Razor was all for it, “You don’t watch a fight for the result, you watch a fight to see two men beat the living shit out of each other. If our matches don’t create that emotion we’ve no bloody business promoting wrestling.”

Everyone was in favour of the GBH beating up a fan angle, which makes me feel uneasy. They could be right, but whenever everyone agrees I naturally feel suspicious. We used Davey Celtic from HIW to play the fan as he looks young and knows how to bump. I was a little concerned that he didn’t have the acting skills to carry the angle, but he did a good job. It was only afterwards that I found out why. Steve had overheard Razor telling him that Ben would shoot on him if he screwed up. Davey was legitimately in fear of his life.

Our biggest argument was over whether we should announce the big name for the Championship Cup before the event or not. Razor felt we should announce beforehand in order to spike ticket sales, which haven’t been as high as we would like. Sophie cautioned it might be better not to as the fans imaginations might be better than our entrant, and thus a mystery might sell better. I never took her to be so callous, but was also concerned that our announcement not come off as a disappointment. Jordan felt that we should save the announcement as a legitimate surprise should bring a bigger pop than one people new about. Steve merely commentated that we should keep the announcement as a reward for those who’ve actually bought tickets “because we looooove you.”

Personally I was concerned that we might create a culture of expectation if we started with surprises, and get into the mess that Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling got into a few years back where they had delivered so many surprises to spike the ratings that it became counterproductive. The fans came to expect surprises, and felt cheated if they didn’t get at least one. Further, they came to expect bigger and bigger names, which was costing Cliff Anderson more and more money for less and less return. He damn near bankrupted the company, and it’s a lesson that Ty Baker seems not to have learned with 21st Century Wrestling’s policy of US fly ins.

As it is we are running at a loss at the moment. I try to take comfort in Sophie telling me that every successful business should make a loss in their first year, but I’m in debt up to my eyeballs to bankroll this company, and I also know how many companies fail in their first year. I can’t afford for this company to fail. I need to find a way to boost our income. Do I increase ticket sales and risk pushing people away? Do I increase our advertising budget and hope that people just haven’t heard of us? Do I lower ticket prices or give tickets away and try to make us look popular at the risk of even lower income? At the moment I’m just avoiding making a decision and hoping things pick up after the Cup, but if they don’t I need to make the right decision fast. Now if only I knew what the right decision was!

• 1 year later...