Which vocalist?

Help me settle a debate with 12characters. Who's the better vocalist - Kurt Crackhea...er, Cobain, or King Diamond?

King Diamond pwnz Cobain hard.

Former Mercyful Fate vocalist, and leagues better than Kurt Cobain, just not as popular (because, see, he's not dead and over-rated like Cobain.)

Kind Diamond.

12vy just has a hard on for all things Nirvana.

But to be honest, neither are in my top 5.

Agreed. While Kim Petersen is fine and good and what he does, Cobain was the perfect vocalist for the emotion Nirvana brought to the table. Technically speaking, Peterson is leaps and bounds above Cobain in terms of ability, but a similar statement would be more than fair in Cobain's favor in terms of just pure, raw emotion.

Cobain's so vastly overrated, onemankliq proved that with the "he saved rock" statement. Rock (or metal, whichever), as sycodmn said, never needed saving. Cobain was, at the very most, an average singer, songwriter, and guitarist. He's just overrated because of the controversy surrounding his death.

Cobain's so vastly overrated, onemankliq proved that with the "he saved rock" statement. Rock (or metal, whichever), as sycodmn said, never needed saving. Cobain was, at the very most, an average singer, songwriter, and guitarist. He's just overrated because of the controversy surrounding his death.

Which explains why "Nevermind" knocked "Dangerous" off the album chart top spot in 1991.

Because he was......average.

Syco beat me to the punch there, just because it's a commercial success, doesn't make him talented or whatever. 50 Cent is a commercial success, so I guess he's an above-average talent too, huh?

And if you haven't heard of King Diamond, do some research. The man is great, has awesome range, etc.

you could probably find something on him at metal-archives.com, just search for "King Diamond" or "Mercyful Fate".

Guest bruins72

I hated King Diamond! I had a bunch of friends that were into King Diamond back when I was in high school. I couldn't stand the operatic style of singing. That was one thing about a bunch of 80's metal acts that really grated on my nerves.