The Matrix Online

Fanku Kaibutsu

Does anyone else play The Matrix Online? I bought it a few days ago, and when the servers actually work, I've enjoyed it. The bad part of the game is, the UI absolutely blows, and jumping is kinda lagged, and so it doesn't work as well as it could. The good parts are: the clothes are absolutely awesome[see below], and the developers seem serious about actually developing an on-going plot, through things such as Morpheus, Niobe, and the Oracle broadcasting speeches across the Matrix, and Agents who aren't real Agents running around, who carry around data fragments containing the last thoughts of Neo.[see below]

Me and a friend at an underground club. My shirt rocks.

PolyVinylParty.jpg

The fake "Red Eye" Agents. Real Agents can kill me in 1 hit. I can kill these imposters in 2.

Familiar.jpg

I was thinking about buying it, since I'm really interested in the on-going storyline they have. I think it's neat they employ people to play the game and further the plot.

But then I realized you have to pay money monthly, and I lost interest.

Guest Bluesman

It does cost full price, my friend was checking it out the other day. Just to verify, is it a similar set-up to Star Wars Galaxies where you can only play online?

What are the system requirements?

I'm a Matrix junkee, and I've been waiting for 2 years for this game to be released. I just want to know if my system can handle her or not.

What are the system requirements?

I'm a Matrix junkee, and I've been waiting for 2 years for this game to be released. I just want to know if my system can handle her or not.

the minimum requirements are: 1.4 ghz processor, 512 ram, Direct X 9.0c combatible Graphics card

Fuckin' hell.

hmm....

Wel, an upgrade might be in order. What's the monthly cost.

I participated in my first Server Wide Live Event tonight. That shit was crazy. Soon as I log in, I see a message about Agent's closing in on my location and a N30 AG3NT spawns in. A N30 AG3NT is a fake Agent that looks like Neo. They just started showing up this morning, replacing other fake Agents, as a part of the on-going plot. Then I get messages from Niobe and Agent Skinner about a "Super Agent" being killed, and there being 4 left. I go upstairs, and another NPC morphs into a N30 AG3NT.

N30Invasion1.jpg

Everytime I kill one, another appeared.

N30Invasion2.jpg

So I made my way to a congregating point, and are N30's and people fighting all over the place.

N30Invasion3.jpg

While messages about the Super Agents keep coming in. Finally, the last Super Agent was killed, the N30's stopped spawning, the rain stopped, and there were bodies everywhere.

N30Invasion4.jpg

The event ended with a broadcast from The Oracle congratulating everyone, Zionists, Machinists, and Merovingians, for working together. If they keep doing stuff like this, this is gonna be a sweet game.

I'd imagine that it's whatever $15 is in pounds, probably 7. One thing that's really cool about the game that I haven't mentioned is how the combat animations work. It's called 'interlocking'. In every other MM0RPG, when 2 players, or a player and a NPC fight, they both go through their own animations, completely independant of their opponents. With Interlocking, both combatants sync up, and their animations interact perfectly. Someone gets elbowed in the side of the head, their head jerks to the right. Someone gets kicked in the nuts, they grab their groin and double over. So fights look pretty cool, as this screen will show:

Interlocking.jpg

And if I haven't said it before, the clothes in this game own.

clothes.jpg

I participated in my first Server Wide Live Event tonight. That shit was crazy. Soon as I log in, I see a message about Agent's closing in on my location and a N30 AG3NT spawns in. A N30 AG3NT is a fake Agent that looks like Neo. They just started showing up this morning, replacing other fake Agents, as a part of the on-going plot. Then I get messages from Niobe and Agent Skinner about a "Super Agent" being killed, and there being 4 left. I go upstairs, and another NPC morphs into a N30 AG3NT.

N30Invasion1.jpg

Everytime I kill one, another appeared.

N30Invasion2.jpg

So I made my way to a congregating point, and are N30's and people fighting all over the place.

N30Invasion3.jpg

While messages about the Super Agents keep coming in. Finally, the last Super Agent was killed, the N30's stopped spawning, the rain stopped, and there were bodies everywhere.

N30Invasion4.jpg

The event ended with a broadcast from The Oracle congratulating everyone, Zionists, Machinists, and Merovingians, for working together. If they keep doing stuff like this, this is gonna be a sweet game.