The Official E3 Thread

zero

Capcom announced today they're bringing back the Final Fight franchise with Final Fight: Streetwise! Looking very pretty, proving my point in another thread that 2005 is way too early to debut new hardware, the current systems can still pack a punch.

But since Nintendo and Sony are expected to unveil their new systems, I figure I'll pass along this info: Sony has been putting up various teaser posters for the PS3 with the new slogan, "WELCOME CHANG3"

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614280p1.html

Still, tells us virtually nothing about the system. We've seen the 360, we've heard quite a bit about the Revolution these last few days, but nothing on the PS3.

I know a guy who has "contacts" that went to E3 who insists that the next-gen Nintendo console is going to be titled NintendoON and will utilize Virtual Reality. I don't know what to make of it to be honest, but I think Nintendo needs something revolutionary to boost sales.

Here's some pics he uploaded

http://clam.rutgers.edu/~corgan/outside/nintendoon/

Edited by Cloudy

I know a guy who has "contacts" that went to E3 who insists that the next-gen Nintendo console is going to be titled NintendoON and will utilize Virtual Reality. I don't know what to make of it to be honest, but I think Nintendo needs something revolutionary to boost sales.

Here's some pics he uploaded

http://clam.rutgers.edu/~corgan/outside/nintendoon/

It's bogus, it's based on a fan-made mock hype video.

Here's the proof

Your guy is a bullshitter.

I figured as much, *tells him*

In all honesty, the video is absolutely phenomenal and if you just stumbled across it, you'd think it was real due to how excellently produced it is.

Yeah, it fooled him, he's apologizing for all the fuss he created and shit. No big deal, everyone gets caught up in that shit sometimes.

Sony reveals GTA: Liberty City Stories

Reps show off Rockstar's handheld crime game at E3 event; Fall ship for Europe, US release date still unconfirmed.

LOS ANGELES--Today, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe gave its continental comrades in the games press a sneak peak at a title unseen by their American peers. At its press event at Electronic Entertainment Expo, the UK-headquartered wing of Sony's game empire briefly showed a logo of and footage from Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for the PSP.

The unveiling confirms recent rumors that the game would indeed bear the title. Those rumors were backed up by the fact that libertycitystories.com was--until very--recently registered to Rockstar Games.

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories is the third portable entry in the wildly popular franchise, after Grand Theft Auto Advance GTA and GTA 2 for the Game Boy Color. Like its console and PC counterparts, the game will involve engaging in all manner of criminal mischief involving cars, guns, theft, robbery, murder, grand larceny, and the odd sale of massive quantities of narcotics. It will be set in its titular city, the New York-Chicago hybrid that was also the setting of Grand Theft Auto III.

SCEE reps also said that Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories would ship in Europe "after" the PSP's launch across the Atlantic on September 1. No American release was confirmed, but various online retailers are listing the game as shipping in either the third or fourth quarter of this year.

GameSpot will have more on Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories directly from E3 later in the week.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot

Here's some thoughts on a few of the games, courtesy of Absanth of Ctrlaltdelonline.

Update: I'll be in Canada tomorrow. Scroll down for details.

So E3 was quite an incredible experience. You guys can go to any gaming news site on the web and get any and all of the information you need about any game that was shown there, so I'm just going to give my impressions on a few of the ones that were highlights of the show for me.

StarCraft: Ghost: I love StarCraft. I was skeptical about this game until I saw it in action at E3. I'm still a little skeptical about the Single Player, but I got a good ten minutes or so to play a multiplayer match, and I really enjoyed it.

You can choose between a Marine, a Firebat (my favorite), a Ghost and a Light Infantry. Only the last two can operate vehicles. The Marine and Firebat are just too bulky. The Marine obviously has the distance, the Firebat has the power, the Ghost has the accuracy, and the Light Infantry can create mobile turrets and such.

The game I played was fairly short-lived, because I was the only person on my team that was actually doing anything. Everyone else was running around like an idiot while I went for the base. We played a unique version of capture the flag, wherein you fight your way into a terran base, take control of it, and then fly the whole base back to your side of the map. Then you have to defend it. It was lots of fun. Think of Halo, but in third-person, and in the StarCraft universe.

I would have loved to have seen a game like this, squad based multiplayer, incorporate the Protoss and the Zerg as playables as well. It would have been bliss. Perhaps in future releases....

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction: This game was easily one of my favorites of the show. If you'll recall I found the trailer right before I left, and posted it here to spread the word. Getting to then play it at E3 was awesome.

It's very much like Spider-Man 2 the game, which was amazing, in that it is very true to the comic-book feel of the hero. And I'm not going to lie to you... the massive amount of destruction you can cause is downright heavenly. Every step you take tears up the pavement. Everything you bump into crumples under your strength. You can tear a car in half and fashion it into boxing gloves. You can smash a bus down into a huge shield, or a surfboard. You can tear down lamp posts and use them as spears or as bats.

No one is spared. You can grab innocent civilians, climb to the top of the tallest building, charge a jump and hurl them into the distance. You can then leap off said building, and drop the atomic elbow onto a crowd below, leaving nothing but a crater beneath you. It's wonderful.

Exteel: I had never heard of this Korean game, but it's being put out by NCSoft. I'm a sucker for large mechs fighting, and that's what this game is. It's a versus third-person deathmatch game with giant robots. The build we played was alpha or pre-alpha, and had a lot of glitches, and poor "engrish" translation, but it's definitely a title to watch.

City of Villains: May just end up getting me back into the CoH phase. We'll see, but CoV looked pretty good. If you can believe it, they made character customization even MORE diverse.

Devil Kings: Remember the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring, where there is a whole army, and Sauron walks out, taller than everyone, and just starts swinging into the crowd? And everyone is flying in all different directions? That's what Devil Kings is like.

With a Japanese flavor to it, you play a massive warrior in full armor, and your goal seems to be just to lay waste to everyone that stands in your way, using a large sword, a gun, and a variety of fancy special moves. I played it for a good twenty minutes, and I definitely wanted more.

There are a bunch more I need to touch on, so I'll do that later today. I'm also going to get the pictures up today. Stay tuned.

SC: Ghost sounds fucking badass!!

• 2 weeks later...

One game I'm looking forward to is 24, based off the TV series. Don't get me wrong, I orgasmed at all the prospects of PS3 games and Xbox 360 things and the new GTA game and Zelda, but this is one I'm sure a lot of people glanced over. The game will take 24 hours to complete(unless you beat stuff pretty fast), and has lots of gameplay types(networking, interrogation, run and gun, driving). It's supposed to take place between seasons 2 and 3.

One cool thing I heard from IGN is that in one part of the game you have 5 minutes to get information from a certain place. If you get it done early the game resets itself and the ticking clock appears to get it back on track, however, if you don't get the information in the alloted time you either start that segment over again OR continue on through the game without the knowledge to figure out the bigger threat at hand. Also I heard that there is supposedly no load times, and if there is it's just the ticking clock.

I really do hope that they pull the gameplay aspect of it, but nevertheless it's awesome for someone like me who likes the show.