51 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Star Wars movie?

• Star Wars
    • Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedu
    • Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    • Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

Guest Wrestling_Man

My pick is Return of the Jedi, it was an awesome movie, but I can't wait for this one coming out, could it be better then all of the previous Star Wars movies, we'll find out.

Hmm, depends. While Empire has the best parts of the series, it has to be said that for me Jedi was the most well-balanced of the five - even if parts of Empire blow it away.

Plus Empire had long stretches of Yoda, and I can't stand the little green gimp.

So, although my instincts say otherwise, my logic concludes with Return of the Jedi.

Empire Strikes Back - The introduction of Lando, the 'big shock' at the end, Yoda, Boba Fett being cold bastard, the snow battle, everything was great about the film. Well, except for Luke's friggin outfit in the Vader fight, he looked like a douche.

Jedi, just based on the fact that the entire story ends.

We got the original trilogy, the story being mailnly Luke trying to be a Jedi, while Vader and The Emperor tighten their grips.

Ultimatly, Jedi is the climax, with the two primary characters we're introduced to in the very first Episdoe: Anaking and Palpatine.

I hesitate to use spoilers...but this IS a SW trailer, and I think it's pretty obvious who the identity of Darth Sidious is, especially with the Episode III trailers out...but I won't reveal it, if in fact there are some of you that aren't seeing anything related to the movie before it comes out.

But yeah, as I was saying, I think that the big thing about Jedi, is just the epic piecing together of it. Luke finds out that Leia is his sister and that Vader is in fact Anakin; Yoda dies, and Luke faces the ultimate test and choice: The Dark Side, or death. And then there's the ending of Jedi, where Vader sacrifices himself to end Palpatine's reign, and save Luke....

It was an epic in to an amazing story, and yeah, I loved Empire, but in the end, Jedi completes, while ESB leaves us hanging.

C'mon, it has to be Empire. A New Hope is too much of the beginning to be anything special, as it just builds up to the 2nd film. Return Of The Jedi is good, but too much Ewok action (I like Ewoks, but still....)....

Empire Strikes Back just has the best parts of the storyline, the best fight (Vader vs Skywalker) and most of the decent stuff en general. Also serves up the biggest SEWRVE~! in history >_>.

Thinking about it...with the 3rd film coming out (in the chronological series), does this mean it will, by showing what happened, negate the swerve in ESB?

I hesitate to use spoilers...but this IS a SW trailer, and I think it's pretty obvious who the identity of Darth Sidious is, especially with the Episode III trailers out...but I won't reveal it, if in fact there are some of you that aren't seeing anything related to the movie before it comes out.

That's been known since Episode I

Yeah, I don't get why people think that is a spoiler...they use the same actor, for christ sake....>_>

Has to be Empire for me. Although the only bit I can remember of it right now is the massive SWERVE~! at the end, as it's been a long time since I saw it, that part alone made the film rock.

Oh, and whoever voted Phantom Menace needs shooting. Twice.

Edited by Jonny D

Have to go with Jedi as the sentimental choice. Empire's the best made, acted, and directed, but Jedi is just an incredibly exciting movie from start to finish, and was my favorite as a kid. If it hadn't included those stupid fucking Ewoks, it would have been the perfect movie.

That's been known since Episode I

When A New Hope was created there was no direct intention on making Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Simply because it was a first shot idea that they weren't certain about yet. However Lucas states he always intended on telling his entire story arc (being the original three). So technically, yes. But "Star Wars" has a definite beginning, middle and end just in case it was to not only be the first but the last. When they shot Empire Strikes Back the whole intention was to lead into Return of the Jedi (hense the cliff hanger ending).

I'm holding out another day until I decide. Revenge of the Sith may end up being my favourite. Just the fact that it is being said to be very dark and ominous has its plus points with me. Empire is the best overall crafted film, but my sentimental side is in favour of Return of the Jedi. Then again without A New Hope, there would be no other Star Wars films anyways. They all have their strong suits, except the first two prequals since I'm not very fond of them. But they too have their place.

Empire.

Always has been, always will.

Its the best written, he darkest (which isn't always a good thing), has Yoda in when he's amusing, and has special effects that stand up (even before all this re-editing).

The battle on Hoth is brilliant, Lando having Darth Vader in the dining room is extremely unnerving and the whole expanding and unfolding of the story is genius.

Oh, and LUKE I'M YOUR FATHER!

EDIT:

What ruins Jedi as the best film for me is the lousy Ewoks.

Come on, with rocks, strings and logs they take down the mighty Storm Troopers.

It's like those films where kids defeat adults (like Home Alone). Annoying.

And furrier.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Oh and you do realise that Jar Jar Binks is responsible for the rise of the Galactic Empire.

He gives power to Palpatine in Attack Of The Clones which starts off the whole situation.

The bittersweet irony.

I always hated the floppy eared lanky clumsy sea-creature.

Oh and you do realise that Jar Jar Binks is responsible for the rise of the Galactic Empire.

He gives power to Palpatine in Attack Of The Clones which starts off the whole situation.

The bittersweet irony.

I always hated the floppy eared lanky clumsy sea-creature.

Technially, Jar Jar starts it all because Qui-Gon saves him.

If Jar Jar wasn't in Qui-Gon's path, both him and Ben would've wandered around, the Queen never would have escaped, Anakin would've been purcahsed by Cliegg around the time his mother was, and lived a happy life as a moisture farmer. Not to metion the vote of no confidence presented to Chancellor Valorum, Dooku would've remained a Jedi instead of leaving, pissed about Qui-Gon dying, etc etc.

So really...

It's all Jar Jar's fault.