2005 NBA Offseason Topic

Blitz

Well the Cavs have just sign Damon Jones to a 4 year deal worth between $15-16 million. To me this came as a pretty big surprised since I though that he was going back to Miami unless they were to land Finley since that would have ate thier MLE. I think that the Cavs could be poised for a good run this year they got what they needed in Jones being a good outside shooter and a capable PG, a SG in Hughes who should help some on defense and slash to the hoop opening the outside, a PF in Marshall who will either start a be a very good sixth man who can stretch the D with outside and play better D then Gooden. As you can see I am looking forward to the season, even more because of the Jones signing. I think the Cavs had a great offseason adding 2-3 guys to the starting lineup.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christie ain't shit, did you see him with the fucking Magic?His fucking WIFE could play better than he has been lately.You guys lost huge...going more Defensive ain't gonna help, unless Dirk absolutewly destroys everybody (which he could well do, hurt that both his running buddies are gone) or he curls up into a ball like he did in the Playoffs.

And Nazr is more than servicable in the middle, sure he's no stopper but he puts up decent numbers and had a great year last year....Plus, name 5 better Centers in the West?Miller, Yao, it just gets blurry after that.Only others I can think of is Dampier, Magloire, and thats all thats coming to my head now.

EDIT - and no way is Damon Jones a capable PG, he just had the luxury of playing with Shaq and Wade...I could hit the open shots that he hit, but it's a decent pickup for the Cavs, they actually have a 3 point option (minus Marshall), but Hughes and LeBron are gonna be too much alike, both slashers, often suspect on D due to going for passing lanes (easier steals) instead of playing their man.

Edited by Karizma

Here's My 8 for the Playoffs, I see Suns as a better Defensive side than the Mavs, IMO.

Spurs

Suns

Nuggets (by virtue of winning their div.)

Sacremento

Houston

Dallas

Warriors (Thats right fuckers, Warriors gonna do big things this year, watch out.)

Lakers (Espcially if this Mihm/Curry deal goes through...)

Houston is ahead of Dallas, anyway, those 4-5 is interchangable on injury/chemisttry issues, that being said, Houston still ain't leaving the first round.I like the Mavs squad, I just don't think they'll be the force that they should have been last season until Dirk choked the fuck up.

Mihm/Curry deal? That just sounds SO WRONG......what...now LA has the top 2 picks during the 2001 draft? I hope its not gonna happen. Infact, I think Curry's condition might be just fine and he would sign with Chicago...for just one more season.

Warriors, its obvious they will be huge this coming season. Its a given that they got a good back court team of Davis and J-Rich. Even with those two guys alone...they can manage to go to the playoffs. However, I hope they wont have a major injury that will cost them a losing streak like what happened to the hornets when Davis and Magloire went out.

• 4 weeks later...

Why Isiah? Why do you make me cringe every time I read the New York Knicks transaction report? Eddy Curry coming to New York sounded like a good idea, LAST YEAR when it wasn't a possibility that he could have the same heart problem that killed both Reggie Lewis and Hank Gathers. Didn't you just draft a center (Channing Frye) and pay an exorbitant amount of money to another (Jerome James)? Why trade away a player who came into his own in the Knicks offense last year (Tim Thomas) and one of your best rebounders (Mike Sweetney) for a guy who may possibly collapse on the court? And to make matters worse the deal is for reportedly 6 years, $55 million. The Bulls were ready to offer this guy a retirement package of $20 million over the next 50 years of his life and the Knicks are trading three players to get him and signing him to a the longest term contract you can sign a player to. Why don't you just extend Penny Hardaway's contract so the Knicks NEVER EVER get close to the cap number. I am not asking to get under the cap, just shed some salary for once.

New York will be in the playoffs this year... I see them coming out on top in the Atlantic Division with a good record for #3 spot in the east...

Mike James was traded to Toronto for Rafer Alston... Another deal which benefits both teams I think... Although I do think this makes Houston a little better than they were before...

This year is shaping up nicely...

I dont see the Knicks making the playoffs at all they just have to many ? that unless they figure out thourghout the season they will not make the playoffs. It is funny how there have been people that said that Lebron would want to go to a Prime market like New York when there is no way the Knick will be near the cap number when he becomes a FA. Also in the Atlantic I see New Jersey and possibly Phili being better then the Knicks I am not saying either team will be great but both just seems better on paper then the Knicks. I am glad that the season is only about a month away, I am really looking forward to seeing how things unfold.

I dont see the Knicks making the playoffs at all they just have to many ? that unless they figure out thourghout the season they will not make the playoffs. It is funny how there have been people that said that Lebron would want to go to a Prime market like New York when there is no way the Knick will be near the cap number when he becomes a FA. Also in the Atlantic I see New Jersey and possibly Phili being better then the Knicks I am not saying either team will be great but both just seems better on paper then the Knicks. I am glad that the season is only about a month away, I am really looking forward to seeing how things unfold.

I feel a bit sad to see Curry go to New York. But atleast he and Crawford will be in the same team again. I just hope he does NOT collapse in the arena during a game. I think both teams would benefit from this trade.....that is, if Curry stays healthy and if Thomas would help Chicago get some more offense that it lost when Curry was shipped to NY.

Sweetney could be a good starter for the bulls, unless of course Skiles will put Harrington at the starting PF position or a returning Antonio Davis who will be released by NY soon.