Game Boy Advance

Your Mom

Hey there everyone. I have been really in the mood to take my game playin to the next level. So I have been thinking about getting a GBA to pass some time when I am not around the apartment. The retro Nintendo one looks awesome and so do those retro games that just came out. Anyone else own one and have some suggestions? Like good games? Should I not even buy one? I tend to prefer platformers and stuff like Zelda.

i´ed wait, very soon (by the end of the year i think, at least in japan, so max a year later (i think they anouced A LOT fewer time shoft betwen the J and US releases) the new Nintendo and the debute sony handhelds will come around.

I´ve nerver been a big fan of handhelds in genneral, the only think that is alowed to exist is the original first gameboy with Tetris - that´s all i need with 3 other peps on long buss rides B)

I would say yes, it has lots and lots of good games in all different genres depending on what you like. Tons of classic games(including e-reader NES set & other ports of games), tons of great RPG's & tons of platformer/side scrolling action games. Honestly there are at least 100 games for the GBA that are awesome and that's not including the hundreds of GB & GBC games you can play with it.

pass some time when I am not around the apartment

I believe that means a PS2 is out of the question, G-O-D.

I'd say get one, then buy the Zelda games :D Zelda > *

Guest Future Shock

i´ed wait, very soon (by the end of the year i think, at least in japan, so max a year later (i think they anouced A LOT fewer time shoft betwen the J and US releases)  the new Nintendo and the debute sony handhelds will come around.

I´ve nerver been a big fan of handhelds in genneral, the only think that is alowed to exist is the original first gameboy with Tetris - that´s all i need with 3 other peps on long buss rides  B)

*slap*

I really DO not understand your hatred of handhelds, ESPECIALLY the GBA, which have a bunch of super kick ass RPGs, which I know you love.

Wait till November for the DS.

I can repeat what i said about other consoles, even if there are games i care about, i still have a bunch of PS2 games lying around unfinished and there are a ton of new games i will buy this year, so why spend much monney on a system only to have more games i don´t have time to play ? (hello, some people WORK, times of school are over, and wen you worked all day long, lots of times in fron of computers, the last thing you want todo is 6 houre gaming sessions (i had them a few times during school) - and i can ad for handhelds, i just got other things todo, usualy there are other ways to play thes games if there is a real breaker, but i do a lot of other hings wen i travel/lay in the park/at the town sea ect. i don´t need to build all day around fucking computers ore games.

look at this list

http://gameboy.ign.com/genre_6.html

some games, i don´t know because i don´t care enough to be informed, than there is a lot of potential crap (wario, pokemon, robocop (?!)), some oldstuff i already own for other consoles because i am a colectore .. . than you got Golden Sun wich was praised like crazy (i tryed it out, in my eyes it sucks bigtime asides from very well don GFX) and Tales of... (wich is the only game i feel a need to check out atm because tales just owns scarry often, but i actually arrent to iformed about that thang either)

if you can´t live with that, i don´t care

Edited by Michael Matzat

You're just not gonna stop until you have a legit reason to get one, aren't you, eh Sara? =P

Seriously, it's best feature is its portability. However, if you're looking for the latest thing, you may want to wait for the Nintendo DS to his shelves. However, the GBA does have some good games to its credit, and the Classic Series has only made it better.