Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

(First Diary in forever, please be kind)

It took me a while to adjust, but eventually I came to grips with the fact that my life was going to be pretty easy from this point on. Winning the lottery is the dream of millions of people, and it had happened to me. The big novelty check read, “Miguel Rodriguez”. It was real. I worked out a deal to get my whole winnings right away, which, after taxes and paying back all of my debt, left me with about 10 million dollars. Since my wife, Misty, is big on savings and investments, we put 5 million away and were left with about 4 million after buying a nice house, cars, and spreading the wealth around to various family members on both sides. We then settled back and enjoyed the good life.

For us, the good life included pro wrestling. I had been smart (and lucky) enough to find a wonderful, beautiful wife who loved wrestling as much as I did, and life was perfect. We bought over a thousand dollars worth of tapes and DVDs, caught up completely with Ring of Honor, Shoot Interviews, subscribed to every magazine, dirtsheet, etc. But I wanted more…

I went online to the message boards I frequented. The socaluncensored.com message board was my favorite; I met a few nice fans that loved indy wrestling. I couldn’t advertise that I was suddenly wealthy for obvious reasons, so I kept everything quiet. I did, however, email Disco Machine, who was the Webmaster for the prowrestlingguerrilla.com message boards, and asked for a meeting with the PWG Six. I told him I would buy dinner for the crew if they would just hear me out, and, being starving indy wrestlers, they quickly agreed. So after the May event, “Jason takes PWG”, me and my wife stuck around until the ring was put away and they locked things up, and most of the crew went to the local IHOP to celebrate a good show.

At the IHOP, we sat down across from Super Dragon and his girl. I was still a big mark for Dragon… really, I was a mark for almost all of these guys. I had been going to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla shows for about 9 months, and had instantly fallen in love with it. It was so fun. The promotion didn’t take itself too seriously, but when it came down to match quality, it delivered. I caught up on all the previous shows via DVD, and I could see that the fed was improving even then. I looked at Super Dragon, his face scarred from his battles, and told him what I wanted.

“I want to invest in PWG. I respect the hell out of what you guys do. I think we can take this promotion to the next level. Its already gaining steam, but I’d like to see it get up to #4 status. I’m realistic. I don’t think we’ll ever be WWE. I want people to think WWE, TNA, RoH, and PWG when they think of wrestling companies here in the U.S. Hell, we might actually be #3 the way TNA is self-imploding. Let me run PWG. I will instantly double your budget. I’ll buy you guys a kick-ass ring so that you don’t have to rent it for every show. I don’t care if I personally don’t make a dime. I just want to be a part of this.”

Super Dragon looked at me like I was crazy.

“Why don’t you just open your own fed if you have so much money?”

“If I did that, everyone would see my fed as a PWG rip-off. I would try to do what you guys are already doing. I’d make sure I got you and most of these on my roster. Why build an imitation when I can help steer the real thing to the top?”

“What if we lose your money?”

“Screw the money. Consider it a no-interest loan/gift. If I blow it and lose a lot of money, your money is safe, and I’ll take the loss. If we make money, you guys can divide it amongst yourselves, and I’ll take back my original investment.”

“I don’t know, man…”

“Tell you what. Let me book the next show. I’ll keep to all the storylines and everything, and you can see if I have what it takes. If I don’t, I’ll quit, and you guys can keep the ring, no strings attached. You’ve got nothing to lose.”

“Why do you want it so badly?”

I looked at him and smiled.

“Same reason you get your ass kicked in Jewish Community Centers: I love this business.”

I went home that night and couldn’t sleep. My mind was racing with possibilities. The next day I worked on what I thought the card should be, and I emailed my ideas to SD. He seemed to like my ideas saying that it was just about what he would do, so we were good to go. I organized as best I could and prayed to God that I wouldn't destroy the company I loved so much...

Guest -De\/ilock-

It's about time we get a PWG diary up in here.

I was thinking of starting one myself, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Thanks, Devilock. Hope I live up to expectations. I'm planning to be thorough, so it might be a bit slow, but I hope people like it. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

I looked over the info Super Dragon had given me...

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

Size - Regional

Public Image - 80%

Cash on Hand - 2,000,000 (after doubling)

Risk - 66%

Production - 60% (+5)

Merchandise - 35% (+5)

Advertising - 40% (+15)

Not bad for a Regional Promotion. We also had a talented roster. I did, however, leave off the people who I felt weren’t pulling their weight. This is what was left.

Main Eventers

A.J Styles (Face, 77 Over) - Our current PWG champion. What can I say, he’s phenomenal. Great matches and our most over wrestler. Important part of PWG.

“American Dragon” Bryan Danielson (Face, 60 Over) - A technical god. Great psychology and awesome technique. Really lets loose in PWG, showing good personality. Accompanied to the ring by his beard.

“The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels (Tweener, 72 Over) - The best at everything. I think he should play more of a straight heel. Of course, there will always be people who will cheer him no matter what, but Daniels is such a good heel. Also the most costly wrestler on the roster, but he is definitely worth it.

“The Future” Frankie Kazarian (Face, 57 Over) - The Coolest Person in the World. For some reason, the E sent him back, but we’re more than happy to have him back. Their loss is our gain.

Samoa Joe (Heel, 66 Over) - Bruiser who can wrestle and makes his matches look realistic as hell. Great Heavyweight to have on our roster.

Spanky (Heel, 65 Over) - The Showstoppa is an awesome, charismatic wrestler. He’s a heel here because of his arrogance, but still has lots of people cheering him.

Upper Midcard

Super Dragon (Face, 50 Over) - The f’n man. He has stiff strikes, great high flying, and a kick-ass moveset. The Psycho Driver is a crowd favorite.

Colt Cabana (Face, 46 Over) - Hilarious hijinx and solid technical wrestling make Colt a must have on our roster. He’s what PWG is all about: Entertaining yet solid matches.

Jonny Storm (Heel, 46 Over) - Not sure why he’s listed as a heel, but I guess I can use him that way. Good high flying, if a bit reckless at times.

Rocky Romero (Face, 47 Over) - One half of the Havana Pitbulls with Ricky Reyes. Leaner than his partner and more technically sound, he could break out on his own and do well.

Jimmy Yang(Heel, 50 Over) - Once again, the WWE makes a bonehead release and we’re more than happy to pick up the former Akio. Great kicks and crowd pleasing moves, but can work well as a heel.

Midcard

B-Boy (Heel, 40 Over) - B-Boy is a solid wrestler, but not outstanding. Good all-arounder, though, and good to have around.

Chris Bosh (Heel, 40 Over) - “Photogenic” Chris Bosh is an up-and-comer here in PWG. One half of the tag team champs with Scott Lost, Bosh can talk and has a good variety of moves. I wish he’d tone up a bit, though. Maybe get a tan. Has a small but rabid following, the B.W.O, and can be gold on the mic when he’s on.

El Generico (Face, 37 Over) - Generico is a lovable underdog white guy in a lucha mask. People love him.

Excalibur (Heel, 36 Over) - Excalibur recently turned heel on former SBS teammate Super Dragon. Upset about not getting the recognition he deserves, he’s looking to break out of the pack.

Jack Evans (Face, 44 Over) - Jack is the best high flyer in the indies today. Great at getting a rise out of the fans with insane spots, but sometimes wrestles too lazy. Still, the fans forget all about that when they see him Corkscrew thru the air, so he’s a great commodity... and you know this, yo.

Joey Ryan (Heel, 41 Over) - “The Technical Wizard” is coming back from a pretty severe injury, and as a result is trying to shake off some ring rust. Recently rejoined former X-Foundation partner Scott Lost to form PWG’s only stable (for now), Arrogance.

“Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen (Heel, 38 Over) - One of the guys I see as having the brightest future, Mr. Wrestling was recently revealed as the fake Super Dragon and is feuding with Super Dragon. The Package Piledriver is sick. One of his best assets is that he can talk crap while wrestling, which most of our fans find thoroughly entertaining.

Ricky Reyes (Face, 42 Over) - The other half of the Havana Pitbulls, Ricky is a better brawler than his partner, but not as technically sound. Hard hitting.

Scorpio Sky (Face, 36 Over) - One half of The Aerial Express with Quicksilver, Scorpio is fast, technically solid, and hell bent on improving. In great shape, he can really go. Toured in Japan with Osaka Pro and came back better than ever.

Lower Midcard

Disco Machine (Face, 30 Over) - Solid worker, even better behind the scenes. Often brings a Disco ball to the ring and holds it over the announcer, causing them to dance uncontrollably.

Quicksilver (Face, 31 Over) - The other half of the Aerial Express, Quicksilver is just as quick as his partner, but not as technically sound. Does hilarious pose and sells great.

Scott Lost (Heel, 34 Over) - One half of the tag team champions with Chris Bosh, Scott plays the straight man to Bosh’s hijinx. Has a great Superman Spear and has also toured Osaka Pro. His technical abilities are among the best in the company.

The Human Tornado (Face, 30 Over) - This kid just oozes charisma. The P-I-M-P from Niggakeeprunnin, Mississippi, has awesome comedy spots and good speed.

Top Gun Talwar (Heel, 30 Over) - Top Gun is a good comedy spot worker, and is usually in tag matches or six mans. Entertaining.

Openers

Ronin (Face, 18 Over) - Ronin is a big white guy in lucha gear. Since he’s Super Dragon’s student, I figured I’d keep him and see if he develops. Has decent brawling skills and heavy hands.

Managers

Dino Winwood (Face, 10 Over, 68 Char) - The AXP’s rather corpulent manager, he’s a nice guy, so I’ll keep him around.

Commissioner

So Cal Val (Face, 18 Over, 71 Char) - Val is a nice girl who plays our People’s Boss since Paul T left to surf full time.

I figured I’ll keep my eye open for talent to bring in to replace the guys I didn’t plan to use anymore. I decided to name the next show “Hot As Hell”and got to work booking the card and planning the direction for the shows after that. I also upgraded a few things like the entrance ramp, the sound system, and of course, got our new ring. Everything is going smoothly... I hope it stays that way.

Next: “Hot As Hell” Press Release

PWG Welcomes the Summer with “Hot As Hell!” on June 11!

By Silverback, PWG Staff Writer

Marrano Beach, CA – Summer is in full swing here in Southern California, which, among other things signals the start of… Beach Season! Girls in Bikinis, Guys doing the Twist, and of course, sweaty, muscular men in tights beating the hell out of each other! That’s what we’re all about here at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com). PWG Commissioner, “SoCal” Val, a suspected beach bunny, has been getting busy, handling matters for the next show. Last month (when it wasn’t technically summer yet) PWG continued it’s streak of successful shows with “Jason Takes PWG”. After a period of relative calm within the PWG ranks, tensions had reached their breaking point, and the shocking betrayal of Super Dragon finally seemed to turn everything on its head.

PWG Champion AJ Styles, after fighting Christopher Daniels to a 60 minute draw, told Ms. SoCal that since the Fallen Angel hasn't proven he can beat AJ in PWG, he's not getting a rematch, and that someone new should step up and challenge for the title. Luckily the new commissioner was prepared for this, and shocked AJ, the locker room, and the fans with her announcement that former WWE Superstar Jimmy Yang would be next in line for a shot at the title! The former Akio was recently offered an unconditional release from his WWE contract, in what many insiders are considering the Bonehead move of the year. Val quickly called him up and sweet-talked him into coming down to PWG! Styles said he's prepared to face anyone who wants a shot at him and the belt, no matter who they are or where they've been. Except for Christopher Daniels, for now at least!

This was fine by Christopher Daniels, since he looks at the events of May 13th not as a failure to win the PWG Championship, but at a successful defense of the TNA X-Division Championship. Confident that since Styles couldn't beat him, no one else could, Daniels also told SoCal Val that he wants someone new to defend the title against, and she quickly granted that wish. After turning more than a couple heads in the last few months, and his impressive victory last month, El Generico was nominated to be the next challenger for the X-Division title! Incensed, Daniels demanded someone else get the shot, but Val said the decision was final, and that the belt would be on the line when the Generic Luchador faces the Fallen Angel at "Hot As Hell!"

Also at “Hot As Hell”, the entire Arrogance faction of Joey Ryan, Scott Lost and Chris Bosh will be in action against the team of The Aerial Express (Scorpio Sky and Quicksilver) and everybody’s favorite P-I-M-P, The Human Tornado. While Joey was at ringside with Arrogance last month, he was conspicuously absent from in ring competition, which some have said could have been to shake off some ring rust since coming back from injury. Joey maintains that this is not true, he was merely using some discretion since earlier that week he got a fairly severe ice cream headache, and under doctor's orders, was unable to set foot in the ring. The AXP is also looking to get their shot at the PWG Tag Team Titles, since they are coming off of an impressive victory at “Jason Takes PWG”. Since the Title Belts were tragically sold on E-Bay melted down by Top Gun Talwar, who then proceeded to inject them into his ass for their performance-enhancing attributes, the PWG office has finally broken down and bought shiny new Tag Team belts for their deserving champions. Rumor has it they’re REALLY, REALLY shiny. While they are currently out getting engraved, they will be presented to Arrogance at the July show. Shiny.

In addition, there will be a new Number One Contender decided in a Triple Threat match! After a false start in the E, (What is it with bonehead personnel moves lately?) “The Future” Frankie Kazarian make his return to PWG. Now, instead of being upset at Frankie for making us buy him a giant ice cream cake and throw him a farewell party with all of his closest friends, we here at PWG welcome the Coolest Person in the World back home. He will, however, have a hard task ahead as he is set to face the Funniest Person in the World, "Classic” Colt Cabana. Colt has really stepped up his game in the ring as of late, and that improvement has not gone unnoticed. Colt and Frankie will have their hands full as well (all 4 of them) with the final competitor, Samoa Joe! The big Samoan is not in a good mood after losing to AJ Styles at All Star Weekend, Night One, and he will be looking to redeem himself by earning another shot at AJ, as well as the PWG Championship. Who will become the new number one contender? Find out on June 11th!

While the 60 minute time limit draw was an impressive display of professional wrestling, the biggest news to come out of "Jason Takes PWG" was the revelation that Excalibur was behind the plot to bring down Super Dragon, and that "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen was under the mask of the second Super Dragon! Excalibur claimed that their team, SBS, and PWG as a whole, was too focused on Super Dragon and feeding his ego, rather than loyalty to the team, the other individuals involved in PWG, and elevating them to positions of prominence in the world of professional wrestling. Because of this, Excalibur revealed, he had concocted the Doppelgänger Dragon plot as a means to right the perceived wrongs against him, and getting back at Dragon didn't hurt either.

To execute his plan, Excalibur allied himself with a man who he says has limitless potential, a man who, once out from under the oppressive thumb of Super Dragon, will flourish and reach unimaginable heights in the world of professional wrestling, and man whose very nickname speaks of his talent, Kevin Steen. Teaming together as "the true" SBS, Excalibur and Steen have made it clear that they are out to destroy Super Dragon, and anyone standing in their way would be considered an enemy and dealt with harshly. This puts the third member of the original SBS, Disco Machine, in a very precarious position to say the least. Excalibur has extended the offer to Disco to join with he and Steen, while Dragon has pointed out on multiple occasions that he has never betrayed anyone so viciously, while Excalibur has. Either way, Excalibur & Kevin Steen will collide with Super Dragon & Disco Machine! What will happen, true believers? Could this rift amongst former partners tear PWG asunder? Be there on June 11 at "Hot As Hell!" and find out for yourself!

Also in action, Spanky vs. Jack Evans, plus Top Gun Talwar, B-Boy, and more!

Fans who may have missed some of the PWG action, or those who just want to relive some of their favorite moments in PWG history may be interested to know that five new DVD's will soon be available, and the Wacky Fun Time Summer Special is going on over at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com! PWG's biggest events ever, All Star Weekend Nights 1 & 2, are available for pre-order individually for $14.95, or together for only $24.95, with an expected ship date of June 8, 2005. Fans looking to pre-order the other three newest PWG events ("All Nude Revue," "Ernest P. Worrell Memorial," and "Jason Takes PWG") can get all 3 shipped for free by pre-purchasing them together! All three are expected to ship on June 10, 2005. Also, fans who purchase 5 DVD's will get one free, and fans who purchase 10 DVD's will receive two free DVD's!

We anticipate having a small quantity of the new DVD's available at "Hot As Hell!" on June 11th, but the only way to guarantee your copies is to pre-order them on http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "Hot As Hell!" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, June 11, 2005 at the new start time of 7:00PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029. Tickets are only $15, and will be available at the door. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com or email info@prowrestlingguerrilla.com

Edited by stiffkick80

PWG's "Hot As Hell"

June 11, 2005

Commentators: Stephan Peyton and Excalibur

The show starts off with our very own "SoCal" Val hitting the ring and welcoming the fans to "Hot As Hell". She runs down some of the matches on the card and orders the first match to begin... now!

Goddaaaaammmmmiiitttt! "Dangah Zone" plays over the loudspeakers as Top Gun Talwar makes his way to the ring, screaming at fans for no reason. Apparently, he can't control the volume of his voice, partly due to the 'roid rage. Top Gun awaits his opponent. A smart ass in the crowd yells out, "It's KANE!", to a few laughs.

Actually, it's Ronin. The big, white luchadore enters the ring and gets ready for his match.

Top Gun Talwar vs. Ronin

Ronin is about a foot taller than Top Gun, and has a little fun with him for the initial tie up. Top Gun hops up and down trying to get the test of strength, the gets frustrated and hacks the knee. On commentary, Excalibur goes on a rant about how short Mexicans are and how Ronin is big for a Mexican luchadore. Top Gun keeps trying to go for power moves, but Ronin is too heavy, and makes Top Gun pay with loud chops to the chest. Ronin dominates for a bit before Top Gun reverses a backdrop into a Chipotle powered reverse tornado DDT. Ronin sits up and Top Gun nails him with a flying shoulder tackle. Top Gun finishes Ronin off with the Dangah Zone for the pin. Top Gun celebrates his victory by eating a large Chipotle sandwich.

O-47

C-25

M-70

Eminem plays on the new and improved sound system as Jack Evans makes his way to the ring. Evans slaps hands with the fans and somersaults into the ring, following it up with a jumping spin where he rotates about 4 times in the air. Nice. Next up, Spanky dances his way to the ring to some funky indy music. Spanky can get away with anything, so that's fine. He turns his nose up at the fans as he poses at the turnbuckle. This promises to be a great match.

Jack Evans vs. Spanky

Evans and Spanky tie up and Spanky goes for an armdrag, which Evans spins out of and lands on his feet. Ohhhhhhhh! Evans is very impressed with himself, and the crowd starts a "You Got Served" chant, which Spanky does NOT appreciate. The two trade arm wringers, each trying to outdo the other by coming up with creative ways to reverse. Great mat exchange over a few minutes that the crowd eats up, mostly due to Evans working in a few break dancing escapes. Finally, Spanky decides to ground Evans with a headlock, but Evans pushes him off and ends up getting shoulder tackled. Spanky runs the ropes, but gets tripped up by an Evans leg spin. They trade fast armdrags until a tilt-a-whirl headscissors sends Spanky flying to the outside. The crowd scurries away, knowing what's coming next... HUGE Corkscrew Moonsault by Evans to the outside! "Holy Shit" chant starts as both men lay out on the floor. On commentary, Excalibur points out that Jack Evans head landed near a McDonalds takeout bag, and wonders if the Big Mac and fries inside cushioned the fall at all.

After a couple of minutes, Evans gets up and rolls Spanky into the ring, covering for a near fall. Evans pulls out a standing corsksrew, but Spanky gets his knees up. That looked painful as hell. Spanky follows it up with a delayed vertical suplex, then climbs the ropes. It looks like he's going for a moonsault, but he busts out the Left Turn at Albuquerque! Spanky covers for a near fall. The crowd is into this match in a big way. After some more great action, Evans blocks an attempted Sliced Bread #2 and reverses it with a reverse DDT. Evans hops up to the top rope and signals to the crowd, and nails the 720! The crowd is in awe as Evans covers Spanky for the 1, 2, 3! The crowd is on their feet after a fantastic match. Evans soaks up the cheers as Spanky stands up slowly. Evans goes over to Spanky and extends his hand out. Spanky thinks about it for a moment, and accepts. The crowd cheers until Spanky nails Evans from behind and hits the Sliced Bread #2! Spanky looks pleased with himself as he leaves the ring. Evans gets up after a while to a standing ovation from the appreciative fans.

O-74

C-56

M-93

Arrogance Promo

Next up, Arrogance's music hits as Joey Ryan, Scott Lost and Chris Bosh make their way to the ring. Bosh, as usual, gets into a stare down with one of the fans who is always trying to get himself over. Lost smartly gets between them and directs Bosh to the ring. Joey starts talking about the giant banana split he was eating when he got that ice cream headache that kept him out of action at the last show. The people are chanting for Bosh to get on the mic, so Joey passes the mic off to... Scott Lost. Scott starts talking about the rumor that they are getting new tag team belts that will be presented to them at the next show, and says it's about damn time. Bosh yells out that he needs a really shiny belt to help him score. Lost passes the mic over to Bosh, who starts ranting about all the girls he's going to nail thanks to his shiny new belt, but that he's going to stay away from the filthy Mexicans and black people, because he has already had to deal with bad rashes enough in his life. Lost looks at him and sympathetically pats him on the back. They're done talking. On with the match!

O-56

He's a Human Tornado! “Cool” plays on the speakers as The Human Tornado and the Aerial Express, accompanied by Dino Winwood, make their way to the ring. The ring announcer introduces Arrogance to a mixture of boos and claps, and then introduces Tornado, Quicksilver and Scorpio Sky (standing in that order) as "The Oreo Express". A small "Oreo! Oreo!" chant starts up. This one is under way.

The Oreo Express (The Human Tornado, Scorpio Sky and Quicksilver) vs. Arrogance (Joey Ryan, Chris Bosh and Scott Lost)

Joey and Quicksilver start this one off. Joey uses some fancy amateur takedowns and gets Quick on his stomach, slapping the back of his head. Quick makes his way back up and the two chain wrestle for a few minutes, ending with Quicksilver hitting a Hurracanrana on Joey, sending him crawling back to his corner. Joey tags Scott and Quick tags Scorpio. Lots of fast paced action as Lost hits a Northern Lights suplex for a 2 count. Lost drags Scorpio to his corner and tags in Bosh. They hit a few double team moves, including a brutal looking Sidewalk Slam/Backbreaker combination. After a few minutes of playing face-in-peril, Scorpio hits an enziguiri and manages to tag in Tornado. The crowd is firmly behind the P-I-M-P as he nails Arrogance with flying leg lariats. Bosh finally puts a stop to that with a well timed rake of the eyes. He pushes Tornado to the corner and sets him up like Goldust used to for the Golden Globes, then tags in Scott Lost... who hits a beautiful Superman Spear! Bosh then walks over and hits his Bloodsport spot, punching Tornado in the groin and holding the pose. That proves to be a bad move, however, as Bosh is left holding his own hand in pain! Do I really need to spell that joke out? Tornado looks at Bosh with contempt, and nails him with the PIMP SLAP! Bosh goes FLYING out of the ring, much to the delight of the crowd.

Tornado gets out of the corner and tags in Scorpio, who comes in a house of fire! Scorpio cleans house and Arrogance tries to regroup outside. Tornado leans over the ropes to distract them, and Scorpio flies over him on the dastardly heels with a Somersault Plancha! Eventually the action makes it back to the ring, where Scott Lost is brawling with Quicksilver. Lost ducks and Bosh flies out of nowhere with his clothesline into a high backbreaker. Lost covers and grabs a handful of tights for the 1, 2, 3 as Joey and Bosh restrain Scorpio and Tornado from breaking up the 3 count. Good action all around.

O-58

C-40

M-77

Ole, ole ole ole! Ole! Ole! The Generic Luchadore makes his way to the ring, flying around with his shiny cape and generally acting like a fun babyface. The people love this kid. Disposable Teens starts playing and the crowd starts going the other way, as "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels makes his way to the ring. Daniels, as always, looks awesome in his robe, and has the TNA X-Division Title around his waist.

El Generico vs. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

X-Division Title Match

A lot of great wrestling to start us off. El Generico plays plucky babyface like a pro, getting in a lot of hope spots. Daniels is toying with Generico for the first 5 minutes or so, until Generico damn near surprises him out of his belt with a roll up for a 2.9999. Daniels then starts beating the hell out of Generico, including a great delayed vertical suplex and a Blue Thunder Powerbomb. Generico fights back, hitting some leg lariats and a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Daniels rolls out of the ring and Generico runs for a dive. Daniels moves out of the way and Generico springboards to the ring, letting out a loud "Ole!" to the delight of the crowd. Daniels stalls on the outside for a while, playing up his psychology. Generico misses a baseball slide and Daniels makes him pay for it with a nasty spill.

Back in the ring, Generico gets beaten up some more, and Daniels sets him up for a BME for a near fall. Daniels signals that it's over, and sets up Generico for the Last Rites... but Generico squirms out of it! He hits Daniels with a Dragon Suplex, followed quickly by a T-Bone into the corner, and signals for the end... and hits the Brainbustaaaaaaah! Cover, 1, 2... Daniels puts his foot on the ropes! Generico oh so close! The people are behind Generico as he picks up Daniels for a second Brainbustaaaaaah, but Daniels reverses it into the Angel's Wings for the 1, 2, 3! What a match!

O-70

C-56

M-84

Intermission follows as everyone grabs drinks and visits the gimmick table.

"Tear Away" plays as "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen and Excalibur make their way to the ring. The crowd is mostly booing them, which they shrug off. Almost immediately chants of "Dragon's gonna kill you" start up. Kevin looks right at them and says, "No, he isn't." Try to argue with that.

The evil laugh gets a big pop as "Findum, Fuckum & Flee" begins to play over the speakers. Super Dragon appears from behind the curtain, followed by Disco Machine. Disco is not his usual Disco-loving self. Loud "Super Dragon! Clap clap clap!" chants echo through the JCC.

Super Dragon/Disco Machine vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen and Excalibur

Super Dragon goes to start things off with Steen, but Steen quickly tags out to Excalibur and gets out of the ring. Excalibur has no choice but to get in the ring with Super Dragon. Dragon wastes little time nailing his former friend with a Violence Party in the corner, followed by a kappo kick that rocks Excalibur. Dragon tags in Disco machine, who goes to work on Excalibur’s back with a couple of solid backbreakers and a high backbody drop. Excalibur cuts off Disco with a rake of the eyes and tags in Steen. Steen nails a couple of hard clotheslines and a Michinoku Driver for a two count. Steen and Excalibur double team Disco for a few minutes before Disco hits an enziguri on Excalibur and crawls over to his corner. Steen, however, is one step ahead, and actually forearms Dragon off the apron before he can tag in. Very smart.

Disco, however, shows his resilience by hitting a clothesline and launching himself to Super Dragon, who takes the hot tag and pummels Excalibur and Steen. Dragon gets Steen in position for a Curb Stomp, but Excalibur saves his partner, drawing a collective groan from the crowd. Dragon is undaunted, however, as he fights back and puts Excalibur in the Curb Stomp... and he steps right on the back of his neck! Ouch. Steen nails Super Dragon from behind and picks him up for a Steenalizer! Steen goes for a cover, but only gets a 2 count as Disco makes the save. Super Dragon comes back with some stiff clotheslines, and both men tag out. Steen and Super Dragon can’t hold back any longer and just start brawling on the outside. Excalibur tries to get out of the ring to help his partner, but Disco sneaks up behind him and rolls him up with a schoolboy for the 1, 2, 3! Excalibur and Steen can’t believe it. Excalibur immediately goes low on Disco and goes outside to get a chair. Dragon makes the save but gets a chair to the head for his troubles! Steen and Excalibur are putting the boots to Dragon and Disco. What a wild match!

O-60

C-40

C-81

What could be more fitting after that melee than Barry Manilow? “Copa Cabana” plays over the speakers as “Classic” Colt Cabana makes his way to the ring, complete with giant sunglasses and a dorky headband. Colt dips referee Rick Knox and does the tango as he awaits his opponents. Samoa Joe comes out with a no-nonsense attitude, the exact opposite of Colt. Finally, “You’re the Best” plays as Frankie Kazarian makes his return to PWG. On commentary, Excalibur quickly glosses over his loss and jokes that he won the pool on how long it would take Frankie to blow his shot with the E. That hurts.

“Classic” Colt Cabana vs. Samoa Joe vs. “The Future” Frankie Kazarian

#1 Contenders Match

All three men feel each other out for a few minutes, with nobody getting a clear cut advantage. They start trading stiff forearm shots, with Frankie bailing first. Joe gets the better of Colt and quickly nails a Powerslam for a 2 count. Frankie comes out of nowhere with a kick to Joe and then tries to slow it down with an armdrag into an armbar. Colt grabs the other arm and armbars it. Frankie yells at Colt to ‘get his own hold’ and Colt lets go of Joe’s arm and puts a headlock on Frankie. Great back and forth and forth action for about 10 minutes, too complex to call. Basically, Joe dominated with stiff strikes, Colt worked a more technical style, and Frankie played hit-and-run against the two bigger men.

Frankie and Colt teamed up and clotheslined Joe out of the ring, then went at it fast and furious. Colt ended up nailing the Colt 45 on Frankie as Joe rolled back into the ring and choked him out from behind. Frankie couldn’t make the save, and Joe brought Colt down and wrapped his thick legs around him until Colt had no choice but to tap out.

O-70

C-59

M-81

Next up, the former Jimmy Yang makes his way out to the ring. He seems to have his game face on as he awaits the champion. “I am” plays on the speaker system as the crowd pops big for the PWG champion, A.J Styles. A.J does his whole entrance and makes his way into the ring to defend his title.

A.J Styles vs. Jimmy Yang

PWG Title Match

This match was all action. Styles and Yang traded arm drags and other fast moves. Akio whipped A.J into the corner and did his somersault spot to a nice pop. A.J came back with some forearms and an enziguri. Styles went to the apron and hit a great flying forearm smash for a 2 count. Jimmy Yang came back with some kicks, and the two traded kicks in the middle of the ring until A.J looked beaten but hit the Pele kick out of nowhere. Yang sweeped the leg and stomped A.J out of the ring, then hit a twisting plancha to the outside. They went back into the ring and had a great back and forth match that just has to be seen. In the end, Yang had A.J down and went up top for the Yang Time, but A.J popped up and CAUGHT Yang in the Styles Clash position out of mid-air! One Styles Clash later, and the PWG Champion remained so.

O-74

C-58

M-91

A Challenge

After the match, Samoa Joe came out and confronted Joe in the ring. No mic, but you could tell that Joe was telling him the belt was going to be changing hands next show. Joe then yelled out that this was the music that would be playing at the end of the next show. “The Champ is Here” began to blare over the speakers as Joe left the ring. A.J grabbed a mic and the music stopped, with Joe at the entrance, as A.J told Joe that the champ was still in the ring, and “the champ is phenomenal!” “I Am” began to play again as A.J posed with the belt and the show ended with the Main Event set for the next show.

O-77

Overall Show - 68

Attendance - 459

Best Match - Spanky vs. Jack Evans (93)

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a question to those who are reading this: Should I skip the detailed previews so the diary is updated quicker, or should I keep it for quality?

Edited by stiffkick80

1. I'm not a fan of bringing in Real-Life Contracted WWE guys right away.

2. You managed to keep a PWGish feel to the show, so kudos for that. Most people either try too hard to be funny, or forget to try at all.

3. I like that you're doing Joe Vs AJ, because after the TNA/ROH fiasco, it's been something I've been looking forward to.

Keep it up.

Guest ncguy

HELL OF A SHOW! I liked everything from the Flow of the show to Generico-Daniels to AJ-Yang and looking forward to more shows keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep this diary going as long as people enjoy it...

PWG invites you to their “Dysfuntional Family BBQ” on July 16th!

Echo Park, CA – We here at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) love our fans. In fact, we love our fans so much, we consider them like family. And what do families do? That’s right, Barbeque! That’s why you’re invited to the PWG “Dysfunctional Family BBQ” on July 16th! Remember to BYOBBQ! And stay away from aunt Sally, or she’ll leave a permanent lipstick stain on you!

Last month, at “Hot As Hell”, PWG Champion AJ Styles successfully defended his PWG Title against former WWE Superstar Jimmy Yang in an incredible match. Now, “The Phenomenal One” prepares to face a challenge of gargantuan proportions in the form of the number one contender, Samoa Joe! Joe defeated both Frankie Kazarian and Colt Cabana to become the number one contender, and is looking to avenge his loss to AJ at “All Star Weekend, Night One”. The big Samoan does not handle losses well, and seems hell bent to dethrone the champion! Will he be able to end Style’s title reign? Find out July 16th at “Dysfuntional Family BBQ”!

Speaking of “Hot As Hell”, Super Dragon and loyal friend Disco Machine were victorious against “Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen and bad, bad former friend, Excalibur! After the match, however, SD and DM didn’t look like winners, as KS and Ex beat the down like gummit’ mules! This month, Kevin Steen will be a guest on the PWG return of GTGM (Good Times, Great Memories), hosted by none other than CCC! (“Classic” Colt Cabana) Normally, we don’t like guys that have the same initial three times in a row, *cough*H*cough*, but Cabana is the exception! Will SD try to ruin GTGM? Will KS run away like a scared girl? Why the hell am I using so many initials? WWJD? Find out at PWG’s “DFBBQ”!

Also at DFBBQ, “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels will once again be putting the X-Division Title on the line, this time against former TNA Superstar Frankie “The Future” Kazarian! The coolest guy in the world left TNA after some contract issues, and now he might become the X-Division champion! Imagine that! Standing in his way, however, is one of the best wrestlers on the independent circuit, Chistopher Daniels. This has the potential to be a show stealer. Don’t miss out!

Just added to the card, the PWG Debut of everyone’s favorite furry-boot wearer, Jimmy Jacobs! Jimmy Jacobs has been making quite a name for himself on the East Coast. (even though he already had a name, go figure) When reached for comment, Jimmy told us that he was ‘absolutely thrilled to be coming to PWG and hoped the fans would come out to support him’… er, actually, all he said was “HUSS! HUSS!” over and over, but I think we got the gist of what he was trying to say. The Hussman will be making his PWG Debut against Joey Ryan! Can the Technical Wizard put down Jacobs? Get your lazy ass to the JCC on Saturday, July 16th to find out!

Also in action, “Classic” Colt Cabana, Jack Evans, Jimmy Yang, and many others! Plus, Arrogance will be presented with their shiny, new PWG Tag Team Title Belts! Join us and help us celebrate our 2 Year Anniversary! Bring your leftover fireworks, we’ll shoot them at people! Whooo! We promise not to embarrass you as much as your real family! But if your crazy cousin offers you something that looks like Gatorade, don’t drink it!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "Dysfuntional Family BBQ" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, July 16th, 2005 at the new start time of 7:00PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029. Tickets are only $15, and will be available at the door. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com or email info@prowrestlingguerrilla.com

Guest -De\/ilock-

This is great. I'm really enjoying it.

But Jimmy Yang and Frankie Kazarian are both under WWE Contract, so they wouldn't realistically be on the card. They shouldn't have been used, but since they were, just don't use them again.

Since you basically just wrote the June 11th Guitarmageddon card, why not just use Styles vs. Gibson as opposed to Styles vs. Yang?

Keep up the good work!

Edited by -De\/ilock-

Thanks for the feeback, guys.

As far as realism, in my alternate reality, Kazarian's developmental contract was dropped because he mouthed off to HHH, and Yang was let go. Obviously, a lot of guys were let go in the game, but I'm a big mark for both of those guys, so I gave myself a little creative license. I know it's not very realistic, but I hope it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the diary. These are the only 2 guys I couldn't help but sign.

On with the next show!

PWG's "Dysfuntional Family BBQ!"

July 16th, 2005

Announcers: Excalibur and Stephan Peyton

The ring announcer welcomes the crowd to PWG's "Dysfunctional Family BBQ"! The crowd is hyped up, and we're ready to go...

Hey, you, what's that sound? The people start clapping as Disco Machine and The Human Tornado make their way to the ring. Disco is carrying his disco ball and Tornado is playing with his afro pick. Disco gets Tornado to hold the disco ball above him so he can dance. Disco then tries to get Tornado to dance, but Tornado backs off, saying it probably wouldn't come off right, "since I AM Black and everything." Disco won't take no for an answer, and holds the disco ball over Tornado's head, causing him to dance uncontrollably. His dancing, however, is more Michael Jackson than John Travolta. Funny stuff.

Goddamiiiiiiit! "Dangah Zone" plays on the speakers as Top Gun and Excalibur come down to the ring. Excalibur is still getting nice heat from the turn on Super Dragon.

Disco Machine and The Human Tornado vs. Excalibur and Top Gun Talwar

Top Gun and Tornado start things off with some nice exchanges, mostly running the ropes. Tornado has a pretty nice dropkick and leg lariat. Top Gun hits a shoulder tackle and a couple of clotheslines. They tag out to Disco and Excalibur, who proceed to go nose to nose. Excalibur starts yelling that Disco should have joined him when he had the chance, and Disco just punches him in the jaw. Nice brawl with some good mat wrestling thrown in. Excalibur starts raking the eyes and biting the forehead, and things break down with both Tornado and Top Gun coming in. Tornado makes the save and throws both of his opponents out of the ring. Top Gun and Excalibur are regrouping on the outside. Top Gun is huddling with Ex, acting like he is whispering about strategy, but he is actually yelling very loudly, giving their dastardly plans away. Tornado takes a running start and nails a suicide dive, ending up at about the 4th row. The crowd is appreciative. They recover from the spot and continue in the ring, where Disco is about to go for the Disco Bomb, but Top Gun fakes getting in, drawing in the young and inexperienced Tornado long enough for Excalibur to hit a low blow and follow it up with a Tiger Driver '98 for the 1, 2, 3! Excalibur and Top Gun run away as Tornado tends to Disco in the ring. Nice opener.

O -59

C -39

M -79

Good Times, Great Memories

“Copa Cabana” plays on the speakers as “Classic” Colt Cabana makes his way to the ring. Colt, acting as his usual goofball self, welcomes everyone to the first Good Times, Great Memories, PWG Edition! Colt welcomes his guest, “Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen! Steen makes his way to the ring and is interviewed by Colt. Colt mentions all of the famous “Misters” in history, including Mr. Magoo, Mr. Belvedere, Mr. Rogers, and, “last but not least, Mister Mister!” Crowd is eating this up. Colt asks Steen what he has against Super Dragon, and Steen goes off about taking Dragon’s spot in PWG. Suddenly, Super Dragon runs into the ring, and a brawl breaks out! Steen tries to fight Dragon off, but Dragon gets the upper hand and hits TWO Psycho Drivers on Steen, leaving him laying! Loud “Super Dragon!” chants as Dragon stands over Steen.

Rating - 66

Jimmy Jacob’s music plays as the Hussman makes his way to the ring, hussing up a storm. The crowd is into him, and they chant “HUSS! HUSS!” along with his steps. Next, Joey Ryan makes his way to the ring as we prepare for this match.

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Joey Ryan

Joey overpowers Jacobs to start, doing some fancy mat wrestling to keep Jimmy down. Joey starts feeling a bit confident, but when Jacobs works his way back to a vertical base, he starts hitting a few armdrags and a dropkick. Joey is stunned, and Jacobs works on the neck with a few neckbreakers and a DDT. Joey gets the advantage back with a thumb to the eye, then goes to hit Jacobs’ head on the top turnbuckle, but Jacobs hulks up and doesn’t sell the effects, much to the delight of the crowd. Joey backs off, but Jimmy hits some nice clotheslines and backs Joey into the corner, where he goes for the 10 punches as the crowd yells “Huss!” after each one. Jacobs whips Ryan into the corner, but Ryan nails a charging Jacobs with a boot. Some great reversals here as they fight for control of the corner position, before Jacobs ducks a clothesline, hits a kick to the gut, and nails the Contra Code for the 1, 2, 3! Jacobs celebrates as the crowd cheers him on. Good match.

O -68

C -42

M -94

Tag Team Title Belts Ceremony

Arrogance’s music hits as Scott Lost and Chris Bosh make their way to the ring to a mixture of cheers and boos. Bosh gets on the mic and calls out Commissioner SoCal Val, demanding that they be presented with their tag team belts. Lost tells her that it’s not that hard to walk and breathe at the same time, so she should get her scrawny ass out there, pronto. SoCal Val comes out with the new Tag Team Title Belts, and tells Arrogance to show some respect and not take out their anger over their “shortcomings” out on her. Oh no she didn’t! Val tells Arrogance that, personal feelings aside, they are the Tag Team Champions, and they should have their belts. She presents them to them, but the ceremony is cut short by the Aerial Express, accompanied by Dino Winwood.

Scorpio Sky and Quicksilver get in the ring and declare themselves the #1 contenders for the belts. They want to fight right there, but Lost and Bosh play heel and say they aren’t ready for a match, as tonight was supposed to be a celebration. SoCal Val makes the match for next month, and says that there’s another team that deserves a title shot as well. Rage Against the Machine plays on the speakers as the Havana Pitbulls make their way to the ring! Arrogance gets the hell out of dodge as the AXP and Havana Pitbulls stand face to face in the ring. Val separates them as they each vow to win the titles next month.

Rating - 54

Next up, Jack Evans makes his way to the ring, flipping in and doing some break dancing to the delight of the crowd. Jonny Storm is next, to a mild crowd reaction. Next up, Jimmy Yang makes his way in to some cheers (even though he’s a heel) and our next match is introduced.

Jack Evans vs. Jonny Storm vs. Jimmy Yang

On commentary, Excalibur goes off on a rant about too many people’s names starting with the letter ‘J’, and starts calling himself ‘Jexcalibur’. In the ring, the action is fast and furious, as Storm tries to go for quick pins but Yang nails some kicks on his opponents, picking his spots. Evans is getting beat up for a while, before Yang and Storm start fighting, giving Evans a chance to come back and nail a flipping springboard dropkick on both, followed by a standing Shooting Star Press for a 2 count on Yang. Evans then hits a headscissors on Storm, sending him to the outside. He signals for a dive, but Yang cuts him off, earning him some heel heat. Storm and Yang fight on the apron, leading to Storm hitting a perfect Tornado DDT back into the ring. Storm and Yang go at it until Evans clotheslines them both out of the ring, the goes up top for a HUGE Corkscrew Moonsault! Great move. Evans throws Storm back into the ring, and gets a 2 count only. Storm comes back with an Enziguri and a backbreaker, but Yang distracts Storm and Evans hooks in a cradle for the 1, 2, 3! Storm is eliminated.

Yang and Evans now start going at it, with Yang hitting some great strikes, including a leaping sidekick to the head. Yang goes up, but Evans catches him up there and nails a Huracanrana for a 2 count! Evans hits a couple of nice moves before going up top. He’s up there showboating for the fans, and then goes for a 620 Splash, but nobody’s home! Yang quickly leaps up to the top and nails his Corkscrew Moonsault for the 1, 2, 3!

O -67

C -48

M -86

Intermission follows, as Colt Cabana signs autographs at the gimmick table.

Kazarian and Daniels Exchange Words

After Intermission, “The Future” Frankie Kazarian makes his way to the ring. Frankie gets some nice, “You’re the Coolest” chants. “Disposable Teens” plays and out comes the TNA X-Division Champion, “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels. Daniels gets on the mic and tells everyone that, even though he would personally be happy to defend his X-Division Title tonight, that’s not going to happen. He says TNA has barred him from defending the X-Division Title, especially against someone who the company ‘cast off’ and wasn’t good enough to be in TNA anymore. Daniels made fun of Frankie for losing his developmental deal so quickly. Frankie comes back saying he’s been X-Division Champion before, and saying that he made the mistake of ‘telling Vince’s son-in-law what he really thought of him’ and that he would have just been held down at the E anyways. A loud “F*ck HHH!” chant fills the JCC. Frankie says that it’s fine that it’s not for the title, stating that he’d beat Daniels just for the hell of it.

Rating - 76

“The Future” Frankie Kazarian vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels

This was a technical masterpiece, as Kazarian and Daniels did some great psychology spots. Kazarian dominated the beginning, but Daniels clipped the knee and worked that over for about 10 minutes. Good holds and good selling by both men. With his knee really hurting, Kazarian hit a DDT to get the momentum back, only to have Daniels hit a Kneebreaker and put on a Figure Four Leglock. Kazarian inched his way to the ropes and got the break. Daniels got a single leg Boston Crab, but once again Kazarian made it to the ropes. Kazarian finally made a comeback with some chops and European uppercuts, but couldn’t run the ropes too well, so he pushed Daniels into the corner and hit a lot of strikes, including a Karate Kid-like bicycle kick for a 2 count. Daniels hit another kneebreaker and went for the BME, but Kazarian got his knees up! Kazarian limped up and went for the ‘Wave of the Future’, but Daniels blocked it and went for a ‘Last Rites’, but Kazarian reversed it into a backslide for the 1, 2, 3! Kazarian pinned the X-Division Title! Daniels got up, and couldn’t believe it! He was livid, and complained to referee Rick Knox that he had counted fast. Knox denied it, and Daniels nailed him with a stiff right hand, but Kazarian made the save as Daniels got out of the ring and pointed out that he was still champion. Great match.

O -78

C -70

M -87

Next up, Colt Cabana makes his way to the ring, still entertaining the crowd. His opponent, B-Boy, is less interested in that, more interested in looking tough.

“Classic” Colt Cabana vs. B-Boy

Colt tried to joke around with B-Boy, asking him why he looked so mad. B-Boy responded by nailing some stiff forearms and knocking Colt down with a clothesline. B-Boy brawled with Colt, knocking him down in the corner and nailing a diving dropkick to the face of Cabana. Cabana came back with a clothesline of his own, followed by a Fallaway Slam and a Belly to Back Suplex for a 2 count. Nice, stiff exchanges and counters for the majority of the match, with neither man gaining the clear advantage. B-Boy hit a kick and went for the Shining Wizard, but Colt had it scouted, blocked it, and picked B-Boy up for the Colt 45! It was academic from there, with Cabana picking up the 1, 2, 3!

O -64

C -48

M -81

The announcer makes a big deal out of the Main Event of the Evening! Samoa Joe comes out to “The Champ is Here”. On commentary, Excalibur points out that it is a bit presumptuous on the part of Joe to come out to that, basically disrespecting A.J Styles. “I Am” plays over the speakers as Styles makes his entrance. The crowd seems to favor Styles, starting chants early.

Samoa Joe vs. A.J Styles

PWG Heavyweight Title Match

Staredown in the middle of the ring, before they trade some stiff forearms and chops, which Joe comes out on top of. Early on, AJ is reeling, but he reverses an Irish Whip and nails his Dropkick sequence, sending Joe down in a heap. Joe regroups in the corner as the crowd chants for AJ. Tie up and Joe backs AJ into the corner. Joe tries for a chop but AJ ducks and goes for a chop of his own, which Joe ducks out of as well. AJ can’t get out of the way of Joe’s Lightning Strikes, though, and AJ is down in the corner. Joe nails the Face Wash and whacks Styles with a huge kick in the corner. Joe dominates for about 5 minutes, hitting a variety of slams and kicks. AJ tries to come back, but Joe rolls out of the way of the Pele Kick and kicks AJ in mid air! Awesome counter. Joe dominates for another 5 minutes, but AJ rolls thru a powerbomb attempt and almost hooks on the Styles Clash, but Joe grabs the bottom rope and refuses to let go, so AJ kicks the hell out of Joe’s thighs.

Joe rolls outside and AJ goes for a dive, hitting a pretty one and taking out a row of chairs. The fans start chanting and Joe seems furious, and starts absolutely stiffing the hell out of AJ, then throwing him into another section of chairs! The ref is now at 10, but Joe seems hell bent on beating AJ up, but AJ reverses and hits a huracanrana and Joe takes out ANOTHER row of chairs. Excalibur points out that those chairs aren’t cheap, but that they should get back in the ring or they’re going to be counted out. AJ looks like he’s trying to throw Joe back into the ring, but Joe actually surprises AJ by throwing a chair that nails AJ right in the head, and whips AJ into the steel post. Joe mounts AJ and keeps pummeling him with punces as the ref counts to 20, and declares this match a draw via Double Count Out! Joe and AJ brawl to the back as the show comes to an end.

O -80

C -75

M -86

Overall Show - 70

Attendance - 466

Match of the Night - Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles

I really do enjoy the roster, and PWG's "Fun" attitude is a nice change of pace from the more serious Indy diaries out there. I also enjoy your roster, and most workers on it. I hope you can get a TV deal at some point, and really make a run as a top tier promotion.

Also, hire Beef Wellington. Just do it :shifty:

Thanks for the feedback, Hajjhowe. I would sign Beef but I haven't seen enough of him to know how to write him. I know he does the Ass-Punch, but that's about all I know. As for the TV Show, I decided not to send tapes out until I'm atleast Cult Level, which should be within the next couple of shows.

Thanks for the feedback on the length, Mysterio2000X, I try not to make it too long so it doesn't turn into a blur and you just end up skimming it.

"God Damn Motherf*ckers screwed us over!!!!"

Dishes and silverware clattered as Super Dragon pounded on the table repeatedly in frustration. He didn't care that he was making a scene and that they might throw us out. He was pissed off, and rightfully so. NWA-TNA had just gotten a national TV deal and clearance in worldwide markets, so they decided that they didn't want their talent working for any independent promotions, so in one fell swoop, they took our two biggest draws, Christopher Daniels and A.J Styles. A.J was also our PWG Champion, so when news of this hit the sheets, the image of our title took a dive. Ugh.

I reassured Dragon and tried my hardest to figure out the best scenario so that our title wouldn't suffer too much. This was going to take a lot of work, plus I had to find some good main eventers to replace A.J and Daniels. The lone bright spot in all of this was that "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson was back from Japan. I worked to make a signing, but it would be a while before I would see our new star, as he was touring Japan until about September. Oh, well, I guess it was too much to ask for things to run smoothly for long...

A preview for the next show should be up tomorrow.

That sucks balls dude. Especially with AJ leaving. On the plus side, I wasn't a huge fan of him holding the PWG strap anyways. At th every least this throws you a nice curve booking wise.

Colt for champ :shifty:

PWG “Strikes Back!” on August 20th!

Skywalker Ranch, CA – Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) received a devastating blow this week when we were informed by NWA-TNA wrestling that they would no longer be allowing their contracted wrestlers to wrestle independent bookings on the side. Unfortunately, this means that two of our most popular superstars, “The Phenomenal” A.J Styles and “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels will no longer be available to work PWG dates. This is especially bad since A.J Styles was the PWG Champion. While we here at PWG wish nothing but the best to both Styles and Daniels, we have no choice but to vacate the PWG Title.

I realize many of you are expecting us to whine and complain, but we got that all out of our system yesterday. So now, we will march on, looking forward at putting out the best show possible! Never give up, never surrender! They can take our lives, but they will never take our freedom! We will not go quietly into the night! And so on, and so forth with the inspirational phrases…

Now, we were planning to do a round-robin, 16 man tournament to crown a new PWG champion, but when we tried to explain the concept to Commissioner SoCal Val, she just stared at us with such an adorable, confused look on her face… seriously, it made us go aaaaawwww, it was so cute. Anyways, we instead decided to take 4 of our best talents and set up a Fatal 4-Way for the vacant title. So, at PWG “Strikes Back!” it will be Samoa Joe vs. “The Future” Frankie Kazarian vs. Spanky vs. “American Dragon” Bryan Danielson! Now we could go on at length as to why these four men deserve to be in this match, but we’re pretty sure you don’t care that much. Just giggle with giddiness and drool on at this match, Internet Boy!

Also at “Strikes Back!” the issue between “Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen and Super Dragon will escalate into one of PWG’s most violent matches, a “Guerrilla Warfare” Match! Will Super Dragon gain revenge, or will Kevin Steen use his crafty cunning sneakyness to defeat his nemesis? Find out on August 20th at PWG “Strikes Back!”

The PWG Championship will not be the only title on the line, as the Tag Team Champions Arrogance (Scott Lost and Chris Bosh) will be defending their newly acquired shiny gold belts in a Three Way match against The Aerial Express (Scorpio Sky and Quicksilver) and The Havana Pitbulls (Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero)! The AXP and Arrogance have had their problems recently, but adding the Havana Pitbulls, one of the most hard-hitting tag teams in the world, the brutality level is sure to be upped a notch. Can Arrogance retain their titles, or will we have new champions this Saturday? Don’t miss this!

In the possible show stealer of the show, the amazing Jack Evans will face off one-on-one with Jimmy Yang! Both of these men are considered the premiere high-flyers in the industry today, and you can see this match only at PWG “Strikes Back!” Caution: People in the first 4 rows will probably be crashed into.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla “Strikes Back!" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, August 20th, 2005 with a start time of 7:00PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029. Tickets are only $15, and will be available at the door. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com or email info@prowrestlingguerrilla.com

Nice card, although I would have prefered some sort of tournament or something for the belt. I'm not a huge fan of four people being pretty randomly given a title shot. Luckily they are some ok choices. I'd have prefered Excalibur/Dragon somehow involved.

Guest -De\/ilock-

I'm noticing a lack of Excalibur on this card. What's the deal brotha?

Also, has Excalibur turned on Super Dragon yet in this diary? Or is he still playing the face?

EDIT: Yea, I was hoping for a Bad Ass Mother 3001 Tournament or something

Edited by -De\/ilock-