Mythbusters

TheRaySays

Kou's avatar (Jamie from Mythbusters) made me think of this. I tuned into a Mythbusters marathon this past Sunday and was alarmed to see a new trio of, for lack of a better description, junior Mythbusters. While it was cool to see a pair of GRRRRLs getting involved in the bustin', the three got on my nerves right quick, especially the dude, and the overall lack of Adam and Jamie (who have a great rapport) really killed it for me.

Am I the only guy NOT liking the new line-up? (For that matter, am I the only EWBer watching this? I assume not, given Kou's avatar, but y'know what happens when you assume...)

Guest Mr McFarlane

Those three do gruntwork and allow for more shows to be produced, As there are more people doing myths. Plus Kari = Hot. And my avatar is twofold, One is that I love the Busters and the other is that I'm attempting at being serious now. :P

A show where people with backgrounds in engineering, special effects and miscellanneous construction take urban myths, like whether you can get electrocuted by peeing on an electric fence, and put them to the test. Airs on Discovery every Wednesday on 9 PM, and usually there are 2-4 myths per show.

Honestly, I hate the filler episodes more than the "Build Team". I'm talking about those "MythBusters behind the scenes" and whatever, that should be DVD extras, not TV show episodes.

So a little like Danger 50,000 Volts in the UK where Nick Frost (in an amusing manner) shows people how to avoid being struck by lightening, how to survive if you're in a falling lift, how to survive a bear attack etc...

But more on Urban myths rather than surviving weird situations?

Yeah, in that they don't teach people how to survive different situations but test out different myths via scientific methods and try to find out if they're even possible. Accidentally, they actually did the free-falling elevator myth, ending with their human-sized crash test dummy named Buster being smashed to pieces after falling eight stories.

• 4 years later...