Halo movie moving forwards

Mysterio2000X

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9961

Universal & Fox Team Up for Halo

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

June 10, 2005

Universal Pictures and 20th Century Fox are teaming up to make a feature film adaptation of Microsoft video game Halo, says The Hollywood Reporter. Under the deal, Universal will take domestic rights and Fox will handle international distribution on the project.

The deal -- based on a script by 28 Days Later screenwriter Alex Garland -- caused a stir earlier in the week when CAA sent out the script via messengers dressed as Master Chief . The deal came bearing some pretty stiff terms, including a two-hour bidding period and demands for $10 million against 15% of the gross. Reportedly that figure has been whittled down to $5 million. The script was commissioned by Microsoft, which also brought in producer Peter Schlessel to work on the project.

The film is based on the game franchise which has grossed $600 million. Halo is expected to hit the big screen by 2007.

Well it good to know that you can draw that conclusion already. I might want to see this it just depends on how they do it live action or like the FF movie in CGI. Also if it is a direct story of the first game I dont know if I would want to see that since I have already gone through it a few times in the game.

If they can pull this off to be as good as the games, more power to them and their people. But I assume this will be a trilogy, since it looks like the game series will also be a trilogy. It's suck ass to condense the entire thing into 3-4 hours. It still annoys me deeply, that the guys who made Halo, and the staff at Bungie will probably have nothing to do with the film.

But I wonder if they have any need for a Scottish actor in the filming...(¬_¬)

Not really. Bungie are Microsoft's bitches. The Bungie team are very busy right now working on Halo 3 anyways, despite what they say. It's pretty obvious.

I'd say maybe one of them would help oversee it all.