Monopoly Variations

Guest DiamondDust

Guest DiamondDust

What Monopoly rule variations do you use when you play? I usually just use the Free Parking pot, double salary for landing on go and no auctions.

No autions

No free parking

Three doubles in a row (let's say you roll a double 6, a double 2, and double 1) sends you to jail.

Free Parking Pot: Always has at least 500 Dollars in it.

$500 Dollars for landing on Go.

Every time Go is passed, add a hundred into the Free Parking Pot

All taxes and such go into the Free Parking Pot.

I like that last one, TheMick.

If only I wasn't "too old" to play boardgames anymore. :( I miss being a kid.

Edit - On topic... yeah. I don't think we did use variations when we played the game when I was younger. Either we didn't, or we did and I just accepted them as the legitimate game rules.

Edited by veg

Rules are for fools

>_>

I should know the rules though my mum was New Zealand Monopoly Champion </brag>

Anything from chance or community chest cards go into the middle, as do get out of jail costs...

If you land on free parking you get all the cash in the middle!

Landing on GO gets you double the £200 (therefore £400)

No auctions but you can swap and do deals with people.

All three of a set but no houses means double the rent on the card (possibly standard)

No buying first go round.

All three of a set but no houses means double the rent on the card (possibly standard)

That is indeed standard. So is the 'no buying on first time round', unless you're going for what the instructions call a 'Short Game'.

Yeah it's usually only myself and my wife playing though, and we both like to collect different sets. She likes brown and blue, I like pink and orange and red, she likes yellow, I take green and she likes purple.

So basicall yby the time we've swapped every game is like eachother.

It's just about who buys quickest at the beginning...

Brown properites?

The first ones on the board after GO. The English names are 'Old Kent Road' and 'Whitechapel Road'.

The Orange set (Bow Street, Marlborough Street, Vine Street) are mathmatically proven to be the best set to own - based on likelyhood of being landed on, house prices/rent returns ratio etc. (Y)

Brown properites?

The first ones on the board after GO. The English names are 'Old Kent Road' and 'Whitechapel Road'.

The Orange set (Bow Street, Marlborough Street, Vine Street) are mathmatically proven to be the best set to own - based on likelyhood of being landed on, house prices/rent returns ratio etc. (Y)

You think we want to be playing with...whatever city it is you people play it on, when we can have London? :P

Hell, I could buy a 'Kings College London' Monopoly set if I wanted to. If only because my old halls of residence just so happen to be the cheapest, crappiest property on the board (and rightly so).

I just use the normal rules. I thought this would be a list of the many different Monopoly games that have been released. I remember when it just use to be Monopoly and Monopoly Junior.

Now you have Monopoly Star Wars, Monopoly Rangers/Celtic (seriously), and any other franchise you could think of.

...What's the point continuing until people rack up $60k worth of debt? Surely by the time they've run out of money in the first place (and have no more properties to sell/mortgage) then they've irrecoverably lost anyway?

Edited by stokeriño