MVP Baseball 2005 Trade Help

Your Mom

Hey any of you that play Owner mode on this game know that budget is a big deal. How long should it take to make money? I am nearing the All Star Break. Cause I try to play along with real life and the fact is I'm losing lots of cash. Should I cut payroll? And if yes which of these huge salaries should go?

Jason Schmidt: 9 Million: Is 10-5 but by no means my best pitcher

Adrian Beltre: 12.5 Million: My MVP and has just ridiculous numbers

Billy Wagner: 9 Million: 17 Saves, but I dont use the Bullpen much and I have Danny Kolb for much cheaper

Derrick Lee: 7.5 Million: Also great numbers, but not quite as good as Beltre.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

Lee and Wagner since tehy aren't as good and still have big contracts. Whats the reason for keeping them ?

With Beltre your MVP and Schmidt being a starting pitcher, something you can never have to much of they are much much more valuable.

If you have 5 or 6 good pitchers already it would make sense to trade Schmidt.

Edited by Muthafawkkinmatt

Easily Wagner. 9 million is insane, plus he seems the most easily replacable. Only some pitchers have the stamina to start, every pitcher can throw one inning. Considering you have a closer in Kolb ready and waiting, I say give him a few opportunities. If he does well, get rid of Wagner.

koo. Heres my starting rotation right now:

Schmidt

Prior

Rich Harden

Jose Lima

Dewan Brazelton: I have never heard of this guy, but he is 17-0 for me and cheap so he goes nowhere!

Josh Towers- Was 8-1 for me in 10 starts while Harden was hurt.

Heck heres the whole team:

C: Jose Molina, Gerald Laird

1B: Derrick Lee, Ben Brousard

2B: Marco Scutaro

SS: Jose Reyes, Neifi Perez

3B: Adrian Beltre, Dallas Mcpherson

RF: Willy Mo Pena

CF: Scott Posednik

LF: Garrett Anderson, Jayson Werth

Bullpen:

Billy Wagner

Danny Kolb

Tim Redding

Kevin Appier

Brandon Duckworth

Some rookie I forget the name of.

Get rid of Schmidt and Wagner. I think your starting pitching can survive without having him and Wagner just isn't worth the 9 mil. Get some good prospects for these two and free up some cap space and in the future you should be good.

The key to making money in MVP Baseball 2005 is to set your ticket prices correctly. Once you get closer to Spetember and are in the hunt you can jack up ticket prices by $10-$15 dollars a section. In the playoffs you can up them $20+! If your not in the hunt you need to dump as much salary as you can by the trade deadline. Just like in real baseball it's all about contention.

Any decently rated reliever can serve as a closer, it was smart to dump Wagner making that much per season. Gagne got hurt in my Dodgers season (just like real life sadly) and Wilson Alvarez stepped in for me and was filthy. There are a lot of good players to be had for cheap just make sure you have the resources to pay them once their contracts expire.

Someone should merge this to the current MVP Baseball 2005 thread so we can post in there, reading this topic caused me to start a new season and obviously people are still looking for help etc which they could get in there.

OH MY GOD!! I JUST PITCHED A PERFECT GAME WITH RICH HARDEN! I AM FREAKING OUT!! :crying:

Oh and I raised ticket prices and am still selling out every game (Y) So umm... what do I buy first when I get some moneys? I sell Pizza, Ice Cream, Peanuts, and Soda plus I have a couple Item stands and The Kid's Zone :D

-The Kids Zone and stuff will increase your fan happiness.

-Merch. stands and Conces. Stands will make you a little money.

-Also make sure you run promotional days!

-If your still selling out every game crank the prices up higher!

-Congrats on the perfect game! I had a perfect game in the 9th with Chris Carpenter of the Cards before it was broken up with an ERROR!!!! I still got the no hitter!

-This thread inspired me to start an Owner's Mode season with the Brewers. A few keen trades and a little proper managment and I've got them in a first place tie with St.Louis three games after the all-star break. Ben Sheets > *

How long does it usually take to get some good stuff in your park, right now I haven't played at home yet so I haven't made money but still.

I only have a few concessions and thats all no actual in the park upgrades...

I havent been able to upgrade my actual stadium yet besides the seating upgrade I bought at the very start of the season and I am over 100 games in. I do sell alot of concessions and souviniers though. Plus I just opened a batting cage to go with the Kid's Zone :D

I don't feel like making a new topic, so consider your thread hijacked :P

I'm going to punch Jorge Posada in the throat. And then I'm going to crack Bernie Williams and Gary Sheffield over the head with their own bats. Fuckers keep complaining about their playing time, despite me playing them exactly as their contracts dictate. It's past trade deadline too, so I can;t dump them. If there's one bad thing about this game it's the chemistry. I hate it.

Oh, congrats on the perfect game, I almost had one with Mussina, took it all the way to the 8th and gave up two bloody runs :angry: