MVP Baseball 2005 Trade Help

Your Mom

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I've gotten every stadium upgrade possible and my team is a consistent winner. Any reason to keep playing?

Win a World Series and get more MVP points. Either then that I'd say no. Damn JHS, you must have put a lot of time into the game.

The World Series has been won. And it was mostly simmed after the first season.

There's a Making of Owner Mode video available if you unlock everything in Owner mode.

Seen it. And it's not so much a video as a series of photos with some music.

Ok so I've gotten every stadium upgrade possible and my team is a consistent winner. Any reason to keep playing?

Try it at a harder difficulty level if it isn't set at MVP?

Already did. I get hammered and it's no fun :( And to the other guy no you can't put a dome on. You should have been able to though. More big ticket upgrades would have been cool. Or like the ability to buy another team :P

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

I think it's kindove fun to try and master the next difficulty level.

Or you could try and win a season with a bad team such as the Royals or the Devil Rays, unless you already did that.

They can make baseball games, just not MLB or MLBPA licensed ones.

Much like the old-school Ken Griffey Jr. games, but without the MLB license they can't use real team names or logos. I'm not sure about stadiums, but I do think they're included in the exclusivity of the MLB license.

But honestly whats the point in making one without the real players? I think the second best is College which i've heard they've considered. Other then that, it's not like a computer one where you can download the rosters quickly and playing with fakes on PS2 is no fun.

The Ken Griffey Jr. game for the Super Nintendo had the MLB license.

In MVP Baseball, I did a fantasy draft as the Blue Jays, focusing on hitting, and have as my line-up:

Rickie Weeks (.292, 21 RBI, 3 HR)

Carl Crawford (.288, 23 RBI, 5 HR)

Adrian Beltre (.332, 46 RBI, 12 HR)

Mark Texiera (.370, 47 RBI, 16 HR)

Lance Berkman (.346, 27 RBI, 13 HR)

Wily Mo Pena (.413, 31 RBI, 5 HR)

Reed Johnson (.359, 32 RBI, 5 HR)

Toby Hall (.325, 22 RBI, 1 HR)

Carlos Guillen (.366, 36 RBI, 9 HR)

This line-up murders right-handers, and is great against lefties too! I have Guillen last because I actually could think of where he would properly fit. Pena is DH, and takes Johnson's spot when playing without DH. My pitching rotation isn't too strong, but has one or two young guys.

Rich Harden (5-3, 4.08 ERA with 96 SO)

Glendon Rusch (6-1, 3.66 ERA with 53 SO)

Brian Anderson (2-3, 4.11 ERA with 58 SO)

Brett Myers (5-1, 3.42 ERA with 43 SO)

Omar Daal (4-3, 5.48 ERA with 44 SO)

It sucks that my starters have blown alot of good leads and I have been really lucky with clutch hitting, especially from Adrian Beltre.

Currently, my team is leading in the AL East with a 36 - 17 record, with Baltimore 8 games back and the Yankees 8.5. This is my first season with the team.

Edited by desiredtoe

Alright, now its time that I get some help. In my game, I've picked up Kansas City out of the gutter and made them a contender with a rookie outfielder that is killing the ball, making good plays and seems to be the next big thing. Now the thing is that the Yankees and the Cubs have proposed a trade for said rookie. A couple of names involved in that trade are Derek Jeter, A-Rod and Hideki Matsui for the Yanks and Mark Prior for the Cubs. I really dont wanna trade this rookie, but Im lacking at the 3B postion and I could use an ace pitcher(Shawn Estes being my best pitcher). So do I keep the rookie, go for A-Rod or go for Mark Prior.

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

Alright, now its time that I get some help.  In my game, I've picked up Kansas City out of the gutter and made them a contender with a rookie outfielder that is killing the ball, making good plays and seems to be the next big thing.  Now the thing is that the Yankees and the Cubs have proposed a trade for said rookie.  A couple of names involved in that trade are Derek Jeter, A-Rod and Hideki Matsui for the Yanks and Mark Prior for the Cubs.  I really dont wanna trade this rookie, but Im lacking at the 3B postion and I could use an ace pitcher(Shawn Estes being my best pitcher).  So do I keep the rookie, go for A-Rod or go for Mark Prior.

The Rook plays a big part in Kansas City's offense(Texiera and Lo Duca are more important) and the Rook has some good defense. The pitching situation could wait till the end of the season because Estes, Ponson and B.K. Kim are putting up some good numbers, but the third base postion has been lacking from the start. It's still a hard desicion on what to do because in a year or two the rookie could be one of the best players.