Artists join together to save...

Lint

A bunch of bands who got their start at CBGB are planning a series of benefit concerts in August in a last-ditch effort to save the 31-year-old New York punk venue. The dingy club is mounting a monthlong "Save CBGB" campaign to raise support and pressure the building's owner to renew its lease. Among the acts who will perform from July 31 to August 31 are Living Colour, Sick of It All, Liars, Circle Jerks, Gov't Mule's Warren Haynes, Gorilla Biscuits and '70s punk legends the Dead Boys, who will re-form for the final time at their favorite haunt. To sign a petition in support of the club, go to savecbgb.org

savecbgb.org

this sucks. If my car was reliable enough to get to NYC for one of those shows, I'd definately go. Though I'm surprised more bands aren't playing there. Madball and H2O could "reunite"..AKA split up Hazen Street. 25 Ta Life, Agnostic Front, OS101/Hogans Heros (I'm sorry if some of them are broken up..I'm a little rusty on my NYHC) Good to see SOIA is involved though..if anyone would fight for CBGB's it would be them..or the Ramones but..well..we all know thats impossible...

Man, even without Stiv Bators I'd still love to go and see the Dead Boys. They would most definitely play an amazing show. The Circle Jerks were actually here not too many years ago and were said to still be very good, and full of energy. Gorilla Biscuits are also a very good straight edge band (overshadowed by Minor Threat), who later morphed into the group Civ.

I could see the New York Dolls somehow getting involved with us, due to their new found rejuvination. Hell, they just played a free show in Detroit last night, which I missed due to work.

I'd love get to New York for a few of these shows, but that is a pipe dream at this point.