The Show Thread

Whoo

Considering a lot of people on this board are heavily into music, I figure we could use a thread to discuss what shows we're looking forward to in the very near future or what shows we've been to in the past couple of weeks.

Also, feel free to use this thread as a promotion tool for a show in your area if you know a couple of members might live in the same area as you and they perhaps might be interested in going.

Anyway. I'm going to see Badfish (a very good Sublime tribute/cover band) tomorrow night. Strike Anywhere with the Ratchets and Let It Burn (Chunksaah Records) is playing at a different venue on Wednesday (I think it's Wednesday). I'm definately going but I've never heard their music (Strike Anywhere's music that is. I've heard the other two bands and they're quite good. :wub: )

I'm also considering traveling for about 2 hours with some friends on Saturday to an all day punk/psychobilly festival/show. Not too sure if I really want to considering I'm not really into psychobilly all that much.

Anyway, discuss.

(Mods, make official if you want.)

Edited by Whoo

Going to Ska is Dead III on the 13th of Sept I believe it is. Planet Smashers and The Toasters are headlining so it should be a fun show. Specially after Ska is Dead 1 oversold Medley and was the kickinest show ever.

Like I said to you on msn, you bastard.

On my birthday week I saw Audioslave, Papa Roach, Pennywise and Sage Francis, which fucking rocked. And I got into the Papa Roach gig on the guestlist, no waiting at all. I love Astoria.

And if I have the money I am considering going to Bad Religion and Transplants next month.

Badfish fucking owned every show ever. And that's fuckin' saying something. They are like carbon copies of Sublime. They do it so well. Normally I don't like cover bands but they blew me away. Best show ever.

I probably a little bit biased though consdering Sublime being my favorite band ever.

Got Bad Religion coming up late August. And i'm going to see Break The Silence in early September. Counting the pennies to see if I can afford to see Dream Theater in London as well. The problem is I want to go to both nights (Not just 1). As I want to hear which classic album they do in full.

Badfish played at one of my college radio station's shows and they sucked. They were total pricks to those of us on the staff too.

I'm looking forward to my band's show tonight, eventhough it means I had to pass on going to see The Allman Brothers.

I'm also going to Gigantour in August, and Kenny Chesney on July 30.