Terrel Owens = Jesus?

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

.....Owens, who wants a renegotiation of his seven-year, $49 million deal, which he signed last year, was asked about his contract conflict with the Eagles and told the Miami Herald, "I don't have to worry about what people think of me, whether they hate me or not. People hated on Jesus. They threw stones at him and tried to kill him, so how can I complain or worry about what people think?......

.....Owens, who wants a renegotiation of his seven-year, $49 million deal, which he signed last year, was asked about his contract conflict with the Eagles and told the Miami Herald, "I don't have to worry about what people think of me, whether they hate me or not. People hated on Jesus. They threw stones at him and tried to kill him, so how can I complain or worry about what people think?......

here's the link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8646426/

Wow, who will he compare himself to next? I really hate it when athletes try to act like they have it really bad, "Oh, how will I feed myself with 49 million" He should just wait until his contract has expired and then just negotiate a new one.

Well Sahyder, if a player performs poorly they aren't living up to their end of the contract and thus a team can cut them. T.O. has lived up to his end of the contract for ONE season, what if they reneogiate and he gets injured for the season? He's a money grubbing fuckwit who should play out his contract or ask to be traded if he's so fucking unhappy. Not like he won them a superbowl or anything.

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

I would agree with you sahyder if it was say, a rookie that had a very low salary (by football standards), and then preformed as well as T.O did, then he could ask for a long term contract. But T.O had something like 6 years left on his contract, and a contract that big so cutting him would have major penalties to the cap room. Plus he isn't getting any younger, and I'm guessing if he hasn't hit a peak in his carrer, it will come within those 6 years that are left.

Edited by TheTokenWhiteGuy

Well Sahyder, if a player performs poorly they aren't living up to their end of the contract and thus a team can cut them.  T.O. has lived up to his end of the contract for ONE season, what if they reneogiate and he gets injured for the season?  He's a money grubbing fuckwit who should play out his contract or ask to be traded if he's so fucking unhappy.  Not like he won them a superbowl or anything.

here's the link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8646426/

Wow, who will he compare himself to next? I really hate it when athletes try to act like they have it really bad, "Oh, how will I feed myself with 49 million" He should just wait until his contract has expired and then just negotiate a new one.

No way they can make it to the superbowl without him?

Because they didn't go to the NFC Championship game for 3 years before T.O.'s arrival and he was such a huge help to them during the playoffs this year, you know with his being injured and not playing and all.