PC RPG's

Whisper

Baldur's Gate - The entire saga. BG2 is a massive improvment on BG1, but you'll still be missing out.

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind - My advice is to get mods instantly to make this game more interesting, particularly the combat. When thats all sorted you'll be having fun in no time.

Fallout 1&2 - The best RPGs I have ever played. More open ended than any other games I have played, the storyline is great, there is tons for you to do and the character stats you choose at the start of the game will greatly affect what happens in certain situations. You can even make a character so dumb he can't even speak properly.

Other stuff that I cannot be bothered to describe right now:

Gothic 1&2

System Shock 2

Deux Ex (Hardly any RPG elements at all, but well worth playing)

In terms of freedom, PC RPGs are leaps and bounds ahead of console RPGs, which just seem to be getting more and more linear and boring in recent years.

Fallout 1&2 - The best RPGs I have ever played. More open ended than any other games I have played, the storyline is great, there is tons for you to do and the character stats you choose at the start of the game will greatly affect what happens in certain situations. You can even make a character so dumb he can't even speak properly.

Guest ja50n_2005

I also have to agree with Guild Wars, l brought it on Saturday, and haven't stopped playing since (well apart from now).

Also, l have brought Baldur's Gate but got bored after the first 10 minutes, but l would reccomend that, it's just that l got lost, lol.

Anyways, good luck RPG searching, there's a lot of crappy ones.

I recommend:

The Baldurs Gate Series - They're worth it and the expansions too

Fallout 1 & 2 - Pure Gold. Tactics is more of a squad strategy but if you become a fan its worth it.

I'm playing Morrowind 3: Elder Scrolls myself just now, only had it a week or so, can anyone tell me anything about these mods that you're all endorsing?