DS'd

K

Just got a Nintendo DS. Let's talk about that for a while.

Paid £99 from ToysRUs. Came with Zoo Keeper, and an Accessory Pack free.

Paid £24 for Super Mario 64 DS.

I'm enjoying it so far, the buttons seem quite delicate or fragile, and they're a bit fiddly. My fingers slip when they get sweaty, which they do when you're trying to run around the Giant Bomb on top of the mountain.

But overall the whole thing seems pretty sturdy.

PictoChat seems amazingly pointless, I can't imagine I'll ever find myself in a situation with sixteen other DS users who are somehow unable to talk or sign and we need to communicate through the unflattering method of on screen keyboard.

But yeah seems alright. Anyone else got one.

PictoChat seems amazingly pointless, I can't imagine I'll ever find myself in a situation with sixteen other DS users who are somehow unable to talk or sign and we need to communicate through the unflattering method of on screen keyboard.

You say that but you'll inevitably use it and end up sending a crude drawing of a cock and balls to a kid causing the mother to hunt you down.

Anyway, got wireless networking at home or near places with free hotspots? There's gonna be a slew of online games coming up soon, starting with Mario Kart. That and Advance Wars Double Strike will is out the end of September apparently, would be cool if that was online.

And no I don't have one, I just try to keep abreast of the new portable situation as I haven't decieded which one I want, or if I want either.

PictoChat is very pointless and if you didn't draw a gigantic cock in PictoChat then you're not normal.

Can't wait for online Pokemon Diamond & Pearl obviously. Also Mario Kart online will kick major amounts of arse.

And you will be able to send crude pictures to anyone else with a DS using your wireless broadbandness or one of the 1,000 wireless hot spots in the UK at least that Nintendo will be setting up. They are also putting 5 or so just in the Nintendo World Store & NY Pokémon Center(formerly just the Pokémon Center). Did that make me sound like a Nintendo fanboy at all?

Just a tip, Keith. Don't use the stylus to throw Bowser. It's very irritating. Use the D-Pad.