The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

SDM is counting the lines in the cieling tiles says:

The EWB hockey thread is hillarious. Never have i seen such a den of scum and anti-belak angst.

Jer says:

Eh, EWB is full of faggots, I hate that place now.

so just for the record, you guys are all faggots and shootouts are the win.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SDM is counting the lines in the cieling tiles says:

The EWB hockey thread is hillarious. Never have i seen such a den of scum and anti-belak angst.

Jer says:

Eh, EWB is full of faggots, I hate that place now.

so just for the record, you guys are all faggots and shootouts are the win.

You are all faggots.

And none of you know hockey.

PS. Belak is sucking a lot of dick this year. Playing him as a defenceman is a BAD SCENE. VERY, VERY BAD SCENE. BAD! Quinn is DUMB.

And still none of you know what the fuck you're talking about.

I agree with all of the flack for shootouts, but I still think they're fun. We need to let Czerkawski take a fucking shot for Christ's sake. HE'S A GOD DAMN GOALSCORER. IT'S ALL HE CAN DO. WHY WILL NOT YOU LET HIM SHOOT, QUINN?

Quinn = bad.

Guest Grapehead

Sweet game, skipped most of the first of RAW for it. Nearly shit my pants when Antropov scored, god that was nice, and the fucking Domi goal was brutal, I'd hate to be Phillips there(I believe it was Phillips that knocked it out the first time). God I love Spezza's line, I like sit closer to the tv when they hit the ice, love them so fucking much. Have to say, Belfour is a fag, I hate his stick work, it's annoying as hell cause he rarely gets shit for it and it's really nasty a lot of the time. Havlat's knee was awful, completely unlike him, IMO, and I was really not impressed with his game in general, but I still give it up for the guy. Chara hits Lindros, Domi hits Chara, my god I almost died, it was awesome. I loved this game so much, first game I watched this season, and I was so fucking pleased. Leafs played fucking hard, and they had me worried, but alas the shootout kills them again.

You all may hate the shootout, but that's how it's going to be, so get used to it. It's just as fair to every team, regardless of what style players they have, if they're a good team, they'll practice, they'll learn, they'll cope, get over it.

Sweet game, skipped most of the first of RAW for it. Nearly shit my pants when Antropov scored, god that was nice, and the fucking Domi goal was brutal, I'd hate to be Phillips there(I believe it was Phillips that knocked it out the first time). God I love Spezza's line, I like sit closer to the tv when they hit the ice, love them so fucking much. Have to say, Belfour is a fag, I hate his stick work, it's annoying as hell cause he rarely gets shit for it and it's really nasty a lot of the time. Havlat's knee was awful, completely unlike him, IMO, and I was really not impressed with his game in general, but I still give it up for the guy. Chara hits Lindros, Domi hits Chara, my god I almost died, it was awesome. I loved this game so much, first game I watched this season, and I was so fucking pleased. Leafs played fucking hard, and they had me worried, but alas the shootout kills them again.

You all may hate the shootout, but that's how it's going to be, so get used to it. It's just as fair to every team, regardless of what style players they have, if they're a good team, they'll practice, they'll learn, they'll cope, get over it.

I don't care if shootouts are horrible or perfect for solving a tied game. It is exciting for the casual fan (re: American fans) and hopefully can get some more people to watch the game.

So, by your logic, real, hardened fans (i.e Canadians and Americans who go to their team's games) should have to put up with shit like losing in a shoot-out after a game that was great. Nice job, there.

I don't care if shootouts are horrible or perfect for solving a tied game. It is exciting for the casual fan (re: American fans) and hopefully can get some more people to watch the game.

So, by your logic, real, hardened fans (i.e Canadians and Americans who go to their team's games) should have to put up with shit like losing in a shoot-out after a game that was great. Nice job, there.

Yes, they should have to put up with losing in a shootout. It is exciting, and is better then ending the game in a tie in my opinion.

It's exciting when it happens once, on a Penalty Shot. But to settle a game it's so painful since one team loses based on the performance of one player. Something sounds wrong typing that.

Edited by damshow

Finally the Leafs take one. And how about that fucking wrist shot? Lindros is playing like the guy who was an actual commodity a couple years ago. Great work by Tellqvist between the pipes tonight, and thank God Belak and Berg settled down.