The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a fucking ripoff. The refs handed the Canucks the win. As usual.

Oh yeah, like how they handed them the last four wins.

No, wait, that was Calgary, who got a free pass for all the hooking and holding they did. I mean, really. They hold the stick so often that Paris Hilton is getting jealous.

No, wait, that was Calgary, who got a free pass for all the hooking and holding they did. I mean, really. They hold the stick so often that Paris Hilton is getting jealous.

Edited by Dogbert

Calgary does trap Dogbert resulting in more penalties, which is surprising because they're fast enough to not trap but whatever. The reason why they got those penalties in the end was because they were tired from back-to-back intense games and the tiredness resulted in them holding the stick more and hooking more than they do usually.

Leafs/Nucks game was pretty bad ass. Refs were shit though. Calls on both sides were terrible all game, Leafs moreso.

But we have no one to blame but ourselves for those goals against, especially the second one off the terrible communication from Cola and Kronwall.

But at least Belak had a point - and that goal by Steen was absolutely AMAZING and needs to be seen on a million highlight reels.

I slept through the Canucks/Leafs. :(

At least the Leafs lost. :)

Canucks/Crosbys this week, too. Better not sleep through that one. Chances are it's on PPV anyway.

Guest Grapehead

Sens/Sharks game last night is a possible Stanley Cup final preview(in my opinion), although I didn't really like the end result. Missed most of the game after Marleau goal, since I had to walk my friend home.

Edited by Grapehead

Great game last night between the Oilers and the Rangers. Good to see the Rangers get a win on Mark Messier Night. That ceremony had me in tears. I can't think of any other team captain who played the role as well as Messier. Definitely one of the top 10 players of all time.

The Messier ceremony was good until he got to lift the Cup over his head. It should only be lifted above somebody's head when they win the Cup, fuck I'm sure the Stanley Cup guy has even said thats a rule. How come Gretzky never got to lift it above his head when he retired?

Edited by Clawson

For those unlucky fellows who missed the greatness:

Steen with a crazy goal as he's off-balance and backwards while being hooked

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KTG9DG...M13SAGFIM6JNK2K

Colaiacovo plows Bertuzzi

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZLP0TH...ZW1SUQFZQMQTXMH

Guest Grapehead

Steen's goal was badass. Not quite as badass as Malik's cheeky shoot-out thing against some team, but badass nonetheless.

However, for those of us who aren't well-versed in the history of hockey; who's Mark Messier?

Spezza's goal has been bumped down to 3rd on this year's list behind Steen and Malik I'd have to say. What makes Spezza's goal so brillant was the move he pulled on Souray more than the actual shot that beat Theodore himself.

Steen's goal would be number 2 because not only was he being hooked down on the play he was able to roof a backhand top shelf while falling down and receiving the puck through his legs.

Now Malik's goal, for a defensemen who hadn't scored a goal all season to be able to do something like that on a goalie as talented as Kolzig is just insanely impressive. And I don't see how you get away with saying Kolzig is half as good as Theodore. Theo couldn't even keep his starting job.