The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

I just got back about an hour back I guess from a Vancouver Giants playoff hockey game, and man oh man, if you have a junior team in your city, go out and give them some love. You can't appreciate how awesome the pace is of the games and how crisp the plays until you see it, and the kids hit, they want to fight, they just play their fucking hearts out, and in the smaller buildings the crowd is just electric. If you can do it, you can go, it's an awesome experience.

The only downside was this asshole sitting next to me...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gilbert Brule had a hell of a game. So did, after a rough start, Dustin Slade.

Not so sold on Mark Fistrich, though. He was taking penalties iike Sidney Crosby or something.

Oh yeah, that was classic. All those dudes taking off their warrior shirts and turning them inside out.

Talk about fairweather fans.

I know its still early in the second but its nice to be up 2-0 already. I still think its going to go 7 games. If all hockey could be played like this it would be great. Hopefully Edmonton can come back after last night. I think they can as they were terribly out played last night and still only lost by a goal.

My thoughts from last nights game:

- Jason Spezza shows why I love him by almost tieing the game up with a nice chance.

- Peter Schaefer destroyed Connolly. (Y)

- Volchenkov landing midair on the bench board was ugly to see and looked bad.

- Was I the only one who thought Bryan Murray was going to start saying stuff like "That is a JOKE" in his press conference after a buffalo player put out his knee and elbow and hit Kelly (I think it was kelly... or Neil) knee on knee.

- Ottawa needs to stop giving Buffalo odd man rushes if they want to win.

- I want to see the Pizza line reunited.

Out of all four series, I give Ottawa the best chance to come back. The last game was not a blow out by any means, they just hit a hot goaltender in Ryan Miller. If the Senators can tighten up on defence just a little, they will win.

AND BRYZGALOV'S STREAK IS OVAH!

Brad May, of all people, gives the Avalanche the energy, and Dan Hinote manages to get a goal after some great play along the boards by Hinote and Brunette!

Lupul - 4 Goals and gives the Ducks a 3-0 series lead. It's over!

Feel sorry for Jose though, he played phenomenal. It's just the lack of defence and slot presence as Mcquire likes to say that kills them.

Tomorrow... Oilers and Sens looking to get back in the series or else It's over for them and The Battle of California will begin.

Wow. The Avs gone, the Flyers, the Rangers, the Devils, the Sens, the Canucks, the Leafs, the Red Wings...

Where have all the big markets gone?

AHAHAHAHAHA I love the fact that Ottawa has choked. And even though I'm Canadian, my favourite team is Colorado, but I've been damn impressed with Buffalo during these play offs. I mentioned to my brother tonight that I think it would be funny as hell for a second round sweep of all four series.

Ron Maclean: "You know, the Toronto Maple Leafs are his [the Prime Minister's] favourite team."

Don Cherry: "It's the only part of Ontario he likes!"

Thanks to Warren Kinsella for pointing that out. Even if you're a Tory, that's funny. And I guess it's sort of hockey related. >_>

This is like the most boring round of playoff hockey ever. If Edmonton wins tonight we'll have one series worth caring about. Or if someone pulls off a magical down 3-0 comeback. And since it happened in 2004, different sport but in reality it doesn't matter given just how rare this is, I don't see it happening anytime soon.