Sports Management games

Guest Zeokage

Guest Zeokage

The only game I know of for sure that is worth getting is a game from the Championship Manager series. I don't know which version it's on now though (or it ended or something). Besides that, I'm interested in finding out what other management games there are and if they're worth getting, including games that don't deal with football (soccer).

Can anyone offer any good suggestions?

I don't know about other games, but just to clarify - it's Football Manager that is the good football one now, not Championship Manager (since the Eidos/Sports Interactive split). So FM2005 should be your choice there, rather than CM5.

I remember a friend of mine plays a cricket managing game a lot, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is... >_<

Edited by stokeriño

I'll second NHL Eastside Hockey Manager and FM.

Now, for a basketball management game there's World Basketball Manager but at least the version i have is for last season. That is a great game for european basketball, but not for the NBA as it's extremely flawed there.

I used to play Baseball Mogul but i don't get where the praise came from. The game is extremely unrealistic and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I know there's another basketball game that's supposed to be great, but i haven't played it yet.

Are there any good managment sims for slightly less commercial/less popular sports? I know of that cycling manager game, and of Formula 1 manger, but thats old now and hard to come by.

And yeah, Football Manager is awesome.

The good basketball manager is Fast Break Basketball. That game is awesome.

That game isn't awesome at all. World Basketball Manager is a lot more in depth and more realistic then that one. It doesn't come even close. I know there's another good basketball manager game, but that isn't the one.

Guest Zeokage

Seeing as I've missed football for close to a year (mostly on purpose, partially because I have less access since coming to Japan), having the up to date game won't matter too much.

The main difference would be the price and whatever new features they're putting into the 2006 game. The last management game I played was CM00/01 so it's going to be vastly different for in any case I assume.

*Goes to SIGames to re-read the new features*

Anyone know where I could get a very good Boxing simulator(freeware or not)?

Are there any good managment sims for slightly less commercial/less popular sports? I know of that cycling manager game, and of Formula 1 manger, but thats old now and hard to come by.

And yeah, Football Manager is awesome.

Cycling had the cycling manager series. The last one was Cycling Manager 4, and that game is amazing. The realism is so well achieved i can't stop playing it. There's a new one now,for the current season but i don't have it. I've been playing with a season update i got.

As for the F1 games the last managerial game i played was one from 2002. It was fine but nothing to spectacular.

The Cycling Manager Series is fantastic!

International Cricket Captain is out again this season with 2005. You can download the demo for free but it was a bit flickery on the screen for me...