Recommend me some pc games!

trdavisca

I have just ordered a brand new computer from dell and it is made mostly for gaming ( Dimesion XPS Gen 5 Desktop), the specs are:

- Intel Pentium 4 Processor 640 with HT Technology(3.20GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB)

-1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM

-250GB Sata Hard Drive(7200RPM)

-19" 1905FP Dell UltraSharp Digital Flat Panel Display

16x DVD-Rom Drive: 16xCD/DVD Burner(DVD+/-RW)(2nd Bay)with double layer write, and a few other things.

But I haven't been keeping up with the pc gaming industry lately as the computer i have right now is pretty much a piece of shit but now that i have this computer coming in 7-10 buisness days, i'll have to get a few pc games to go with it, could anybody recommend me a few games that they enjoy, if possible could you give me the genre and maybe a link to info about the game. thanks in advance.

Edited by trdavisca

Half-Life 2.

If you want to get anything else I recommend a good MMO, Guild Wars has no monthly fee, but if you have the money for a monthly fee go for World of Warcraft.

As for some other popular titles. The Sims 2, Rome: Total War, Battlefield 2, and Rise of Nations (Which is very cheap). Civilzation IV, Age of Empires III, Quake 4, F.E.A.R., and Black & White 2 are all upcoming PC titles which look good. I'm partial to CivIV and Age of Empires III since I'm a history nerd. :P

Guest RickyW

I've always been a fan of the Half-Life series, I suggest Half-Life 2. The game is amazing.

Also, like damshow I also reccomend Civ IV. That's another series I've always loved to play.

WoW is popular at the moment, and looks pretty good. Honestly, the only thing that turns me away from it is the monthly fee. As I don't fee like paying $14.99 a month for a game, when I don't even know how much I would actually play it. Though like damshow said, Guild Wars has no montly fee, but I've never played that.

Ricky... GW is essentially WoW with no monthly fee. The concentration of idiots, depsite the lack of a monthly fee, is pretty much the same in both games. Which is surprising given the fact most idiots don't want to pay money.

Add The Elder Scrolls IV to that list of upcoming titles, though I've received no word on a PC release date...

I have a couple friends that have Guild Wars and haven't heard one bad thing about it yet. In fact i'm most likely going to be picking it up when I scrounge enough cash together.