Which Movie Is Better?

Mountainous Cleavage

I heard it was banned in the US or something.

It's not exactly banned in the USA at all, the company in Japan who distributes the film, Toiei or something, refuses to allow it's release in America. In fact there apparently have been many major film companies offering to buy the rights from said Toei or whoever.

On subject of the film, both are good. But the original is better. The original is the only one that follows the actual Battle Royale concept which is no doubt why you're interested. The second film deals with the consequences of you actions, such as the consequences of having a game like BR. As Beat Takeshi put it in the first film "If you hate someone, you take the consequences." Don't expect the same thing from the second film, and you'll probably end up enjoying it a well.

Unless we're talking the Aliens movies, the original is always better.

And Terminator 2.

And X-Men 2...and maybe even Spider-Man 2.

But yeah, generally the original is better because for some films, they'll make the first one with no intention of making a sequel, then it'll be successful and they'll have to make up some convoluted story to explain how the hell a sequel is possible.

Unless we're talking the Aliens movies, the original is always better.

And Terminator 2.

And X-Men 2...and maybe even Spider-Man 2.

But yeah, generally the original is better because for some films, they'll make the first one with no intention of making a sequel, then it'll be successful and they'll have to make up some convoluted story to explain how the hell a sequel is possible.

X-Men 2 was noway better than number 1 in my opinion, but I personally think they are both just easy viewing films, so I'm not surprised someone thinks 2 is better than 1, as there is little to choose. Spiderman 2 I have not seen.

IMO, Terminator 2 isn't as good as Terminator purely for the Arnie face turn. The Terminator is better as a baddy, and the film just isn't as good having him as a compassionate bodyguard, rather than a psycho killer.

And FI, if we include Star Wars (don't see why not), most people would say Empire Strikes Back is better.