Rome - HBO's New Series

Fitzy

I was wondering if anyone planned on watching this tonight on HBO? From the previews I've seen, it looks like it could turn out to be a quality show. I did not watch the ABC six-part mini-series about Rome, but I plan on watching this one as it looks so much better.

So, anyone else plan on watching this series?

Soon as its on here in the UK im defo watching it. The trailers on the hBO website make it look cool. Rome, Deadwood, what next from the fabulous guys at HBO lol Does appear a bit cliched though in the trailer "Shall I be merciful? I think not" is a line in almost every film on rome ive ever seen. And ive seen a lot lol (favourite part of history).

Soon as its on here in the UK im defo watching it. The trailers on the hBO website make it look cool. Rome, Deadwood, what next from the fabulous guys at HBO lol Does appear a bit cliched though in the trailer "Shall I be merciful? I think not" is a line in almost every film on rome ive ever seen. And ive seen a lot lol (favourite part of history).

Edited by timmayy

Guest Ringmaster

I thought the show was average. I didn't like the OC meets Rome aspect of it, the Political aspect of it is decent and the main redeeming value are the two soldiers who did that mission thing. Don't know if I'll watch again though.

Bah, I caught no more than the first 10 minutes, up until the sex scene came on, where I suddenly realised my prudish mother was in the room. Damn me and my common courtesy. I'm instead subjected to "The O.C." reruns and "Prison Break" tonight until it comes on TMN On Demand.