Smallville Season 5

thuganomic

Damn, I just looked at the ratings for last night's episode: the show did a 3.9, which I believe is higher than the premiere, and clearly shows promise that few actually expected out of the show this year. Maybe those 6th season hopes are perfectly reasonable afterall. It finished in 3rd in it's our in adults 18-49, and 4th overall, meaning in the 18-49 demographic it outdrew ABC, FOX and UPN. Sure the ratings will take a hit when "The O.C." returns in two weeks, but with this consistency, probably not all that much.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, tonight's episode was such a throw-away, simply done for Halloween, but I always appreciate the little winks for the fans.

Such as Clark wearing the Zorro costume and commenting how much he liked the cape, but the mask was uncomfortable and blocked his vision sometimes. It gives us some of the inspiration for "the" costume yet to come.

Chloe throwing out the "up, up, and away" at the end was fitting I thought.

I even enjoyed the nod to "Buffy" fans when Marsters quickly dismisses Clark's theory on Chloe's condition, "there's no such thing as vampires."

That was an hour long Buffy "spoof" that consistently referenced the same one or two jokes over and over. This was easily the lamest episode of season 5 so far, and one has to assume it's because of the "freak of the week" sort of structure it took. So Chloe saw Lana recoiling in the light and pieced together she was a vampire? That's not vampirism, it's a hangover. Buffy Sanders/Buffy Summers, and the attempt at the irony of Buffy being the vampire were lame. So was "Slaying Buffy the Vampire". All in all, lame episode.

Edited by Good Ol' Beatnik

I didn't think it was too bad, the Lex/Braniac scenes were the highlight and those alone made the show worth watching. And the episode wasn't a complete throw away since we did get the progression of the Braniac/Clark/Lex stuff as well as we got to see the first signs of Braniac's evilness.

And next week, Lois as a stripper :wub::wub:

Some good news, Smallville beat out Everybody Hates Chris this week in the ratings, getting a 4.4 and still ranks number one in the time period for males 18-34.

And also, some good news in regards to the rumors of this being the last season.

Most importantly, Gough makes it clear that the current plan is for Season 5 not to be the show's final season. Here's what the article said:

"No, it's not the last season," Gough says adamantly. So how did that nasty rumor get started? Blame Canada. "The Canadian broadcaster of the show read something online, failed to call Warner Bros., which sells them the show, and put it on their marketing campaign," Gough says. "They have since sent me a formal letter of apology." Whew… crisis averted. Gough assures us that Smallville will be "on for at least six [more seasons] and hopefully seven."

Ahh....yeah...though the OC finally returns next week too, so it'll be interesting to see how that affects Smallville's ratings, I'd imagine there might be some falloff but hopefully not.

Ahh....yeah...though the OC finally returns next week too, so it'll be interesting to see how that affects Smallville's ratings, I'd imagine there might be some falloff but hopefully not.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Here's hoping there's enough distinction between fans of Smallville and fans of the O.C. that Smallville's rating will be as solid as ever.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Here's hoping there's enough distinction between fans of Smallville and fans of the O.C. that Smallville's rating will be as solid as ever.