The Premiership Thread

9 to 5

The first claim, should have been a freekick, it was outside the box. The second WAS a penalty. Angel was brought down inside the box, AND was heading towards goal, after turning the defender.. and then Angel got booked for it.

The refereeing was terrible all over the pitch, though.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had an arm on his shoulder! His legs werent hacked away he could have easily stayed up and just taken a shot. I never understand why they go for penalties rather than shots.

Just back from the match. Decent enough performance second half, but I think we still played within ourselves.

Still though, nice to see Gerrard get a standing ovation at the end. And it was a sublime ball he played for the equaliser.

Shame the season is over, but at least there's Euro 2004 to look forward to. Won't be watching the cup final as I hate both those teams.

Well the Foxes gave Arsenal a scare at half time, I knew as soon as the equalizer went in they would win but I knew we would give them a bloody hard game. I still feel hard done by with us going down because we have played better than a club in the bottom three of the league.

I look forward to seeing the Premiership tonight though with all the other games being pretty good.

5 fucking 1. 17th fucking place. Get your money on Everton to go down next year. Unless Moyes is given some money to spend, we will be down by Christmas. And before anyone mentions it, selling Rooney is not the answer. Thats 1 step forward, and 2 steps back.

A goal in every game yesterday...cool.

Even though I'm not a fan, it's fucking Good for Portsmouth finishing that high up the table. Plus, Harry Redknapp is Jesus, Ian Holloway being God :D

Edited by Turbonegro

5 fucking 1.  17th fucking place.  Get your money on Everton to go down next year.  Unless Moyes is given some money to spend, we will be down by Christmas.  And before anyone mentions it, selling Rooney is not the answer.  Thats 1 step forward, and 2 steps back.

Everton are in serious truoble I think. Doubt that they'll get much money to spend in the summer so I think the only option would be to probably sell Rooney who is the only player at Everton who is worth something. At the moment they are a one man team and if they can sell him for about £25m they could buy a good 6 players who could turn them into a decent side

5 fucking 1.  17th fucking place.  Get your money on Everton to go down next year.  Unless Moyes is given some money to spend, we will be down by Christmas.  And before anyone mentions it, selling Rooney is not the answer.  Thats 1 step forward, and 2 steps back.

I know a few Everton fans that want Rooney gone. His domestic workrate has dropped this season and for the price you could get for him, you could sign some quality players as replacements. And sooner or later he'll fall into the trap all teenages do where they earn too much money and have too much time. He's a Gazza in the making. That's what they say at least, and I must say I'm inclined to agree.

Anyone who says Rooney should be sold so we can spend the money we get for him doesn't know Everton very well. As soon as Rooney goes, Moyes will go, and even if Moyes did stay, he wouldn't get the (for example) £35 million, it would go to clearing the debt, or lining the boards pockets. With the news today that Moyes will get £1.5 million to spend including wages in the summer, expect him to go to Celtic as soon as O'Neil leaves, and Everton to be down by Christmas.

and then Everton will be forsed to sell Rooney for only a fraction of what he could be sold for now because Everton will have to get him of their wage bill. It would be better off to sell him for his proper value rather than about £10m less

Edited by lazy_arse

But by your reasoning, selling him now would be an acceptance of relegation next year. Whilst it looks likely, it's not a certainty (although after hearing Moyes will get £1.5 million to spend, it looks more likely). Everton can stay up next year, but new players are needed, and some of the old ones (Ferguson) need to realise that Moyes is the manager, and if he wants to cancel a golf trip after they lose to Wolves he will.