Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Ok, I'm kinda bored of my Cisco Roma team raping everyonein sight. I'm gonna go resign and bring up another team from crapdom but first I must accomplish the coveted quintuplet.

Take over a first division club, and don't buy foreigners.

That's what I'm currently doing, and it's real fun. Although it's still not all that hard, it's very hard to break up into the very very top, since there's very few players available that would strengthen your squad.

I haven't counted UK, America, Australia as foreign... if that matters :P.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I managed to steer Gretna to third place in the Scottish Premier league, thanks to Jemal Johnson, Martin Cameron and Kenny Deuchar who were going great guns and firing goals in all season long. Rangers and Celtic are still a long way off though, they both beat me comprehensively throughout the season. Rangers capped it off by beating me 3-1 in the Scottish cup final.

Despite this sucess my new wage budget is only a modest 25k total and i'm at around half that currently. The stadium even got developed, only by 1150 though. Hopefully that's just to turn it into an all seater before it gets a bigger increase later. Got upgraded to the best training facilities too so hopefully i'll get some good youngsters to go with the handful of players I signed that are in the Scottish/Irish/Welsh under 19's.

Ok, so I'm experimenting with my England squad for the friendly with Morocco and one of my players gets injured and I need to call up a replacement. I thought I might bring in Hargreaves since I've been neglecting him for the better players in his position and this is what i get:

hargreavescunt6lt.th.jpg

The twat's got an ego. So at the age of 32 I think we can all say that his England career is over. Bayern Munich reject.

Edited by kulex

Well, into my second season in a new game with the following leagues on:

Scottish Premier

English Premier & Championship

Irish Premier

Northern Irish Premier

Started with Rangers, won the league but got knocked out in both cups in the first round, first by St. Johnstone and then by Falkirk. Was intending to stay on, but then the N.Ireland job opened up, and I couldn't refuse :D. Drawn in probably the best group I could get in the Euro Qualifiers; Windsor Park is a fortress with me hammering the teams who've played me there, while I'm getting beat away from home. Still confident that I can at the very least finish 3rd in the group though.

However, the Southampton and Leicester jobs just opened up, with Hearts, Aston Villa, Middlesborough (now Championship) and Everton all pretty close to opening up. I hate running a nation and club at the same time, but these jobs might be too good to turn down :(

Hey, kulex, what's that skin, and where'd you get it?

Download the stuff you need and simply extract them/paste them into their appropriate folders. They usually have a readme file which tells you which folders to put them in. I especially like the creased kits for the Italian leagues since my old Cisco Roma team and now my Sangiovannese teams have kits for match days.

EDIT: Uh oh, now I've gone and upset the idiot, Owen Hargreaves just officially retired from Internationals.

EDIT2: Hearts were just on the receiving end of some butt sex, prison style.

heartsowned2tq.th.jpg

Edited by kulex

I was starting to lose some interest in my Norwich game so I decided to start a new game with Sheffield Wednesday. In my first season I got knocked out of the 2nd round of the league cup by Westham and the 3rd round of FA Cup to Charlton but managed to secure 4th place in the league. In play off semis beat Cardiff 4-1 away from home but then lost 2-1 at home so went through 5-3 on agg. In the final I had Leicester who had beat me both times but a Zahovic goal gave me the 1-0 win I needed to get in the premiership. In Prem we are expected to battle bravely against relegation and so far lost 3-0 away to Arsenal, lost 1-0 home to Crystal Palace but managed to pick up a 4-2 win away to Fulham so were in 13th after 3 games.

My Side looks like this

GK Opdal

RB Ross

CB Svensson

CB Vargas

LB Hills

DMC Dudu Cearense

RM Stezala (dont know about spelling young guy Signed from USA)

LM De Pedro

AMC Jesuli

FW Alfonso

FW Pezzarossi

Tried to get Guarin on a free when his contract expires and tried to sign Pineda from Pumas but neither are getting work permits, Arenas is coming in Febuary and he will be my new 1st choice keeper as Opdal was good in championship but he isn't premiership quality.

Edited by Ravey

Well, finished 2nd in my Euro qualifiers with N.Ireland. It was kinda close, actually; I was playing Spain, Scotland were playing Ukraine, and if Scotland had won, they'd have went second. I was beaten by Spain, but thankfully Ukraine held the Scots to a 2-2 draw.

I turned down the Spain job, but Everton looks like a challenge :P

I'm Doncaster, 10 games into my 3rd year in the Championship, as I got promoted last year via the play-offs (Rotherham 0 Doncaster 6, I was shocked too).

Problem is, Youth team is crap so need to sign out of contract players at the end of the year who demand big wages, apart from Foy whos on £400 a week, basic.

Enzo Giovanni Scorza should be picked up by anyone, 18, Uruguayan with Italian passport so doesnt need a work permit & 35k is only a small amount.

Ech. My mighty Cisco Roman Empire crumbles so haplessly without its Emperor. The first season I'm gone and they end up finishing 6th in the table and getting knocked out way too early in tournaments by teams they should've trounced. I blame Van Der Sar and his switching to a crummy 3-2-3-2 formation, damn you Edwin, damn you. In other news I am once again without a club job after refusing the contract that the Sangiovannese board offered me... well more like I accidentally accepted a 3 year contract instead of a one year one and quit to see if I could reapply and get a one year deal.

England on the other hand are giving the other countries some butt sex, angry prison style.

I haven't really found much enjoyment playing this with the bigger clubs, so I've decided to go a bit closer to home and attempt the impossible...saving Sunderland from relegation. The squad, wel it's a complete joke compared to everyone else as you know. I've got around 5-6 million to spend. With that in mind, anyone found any decent/good (possibly cheap) defenders and attackers that would lower themselves enough to play for me?