Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Football Manager has taught me that Peter Crouch and Michael Owen do indeed make a stellar pair. I've got them up front at Toon. Unfortunately, they don't score enough as my defense has decide to be shit this year so far. I've got to figure out new formations or something, but I'm having difficulties finding places for everyone that deserves one since I have an abundance of AM's...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first season in the Championship is going unbelieveably well.

After 15 games, I've managed to climb to first in the league, after 9 wins, 5 draws, and 1 defeat. Lee Trundle has scored 15 goals so far, and Jeffers is a real fox in the box, winning his place in the side and playing unbelieveably well.

Crystal Palace are a point behind me, with a game in hand. I might not stay top for long, but I might do a Fulham and go from League One to the Premiership in consecutive seasons! I'm already looking to line up a load of free transfers at the end of the season, bringing in some more players from the Prmiership, and also hopfully reducing the average age of my squad, after realising that a lot of my players are aged 30 and upwards.

Win the Portuguese Cup as Leixoes (insane achievement). Promoted from Liga de Horna to the Superliga. Already said this.

Lost the Portuguese Supercup to Porto.

Just got drawn against RANGERS FC (my favourite team, and eventual target club) from a possible 79 teams in the UEFA Cup First Round. What are the chances of that? Seriously. I've never played against Rangers before, ever. I'm assured of a ton of cash though, and I told my board to improve the facilities. Which they of course are right on, being my bitches now.

Still to win a match in the Superliga though, even against shitty teams, and with a better line-up from my previous season (I even got Jens Lehmann on a free from Crystal Palace, who's on shitty wages but still came :w00t:).

Football Manager has taught me that Peter Crouch and Michael Owen do indeed make a stellar pair. I've got them up front at Toon. Unfortunately, they don't score enough as my defense has decide to be shit this year so far. I've got to figure out new formations or something, but I'm having difficulties finding places for everyone that deserves one since I have an abundance of AM's...

Sell some or loan them out, and then bring in a capable young defender or two.

Nobody wants them on loan. Hence the having difficulties finding places for everyone. The ones I want to get rid of are not the ones other teams want. Everyone wants N'Zogbia and Luque, and I guarantee neither are going.

Ok.. a little update..... My career so far...

05/06 - Relegated on the last day of season with Middlesbrough to the Championship. I jumped before I was pushed, and resigned joining Championship side Wolves.

06/07 - Finished mid-table after a strong near all season push for the playoffs. Bitterly dissapointing.

07/08 - Finished a place lower than the season before, but the Wolves side is taking shape. Sold the clubs hero to Middlesbrough which got me a lot of flack but I was spoilt for great strikers.

08/09 - Hurrah! Finished 3rd in the league and got to the FA Cup Final with Wolves. Lost in the FA Cup Final to Arsenal but became best buddies with Wenger as a result and earned the club a route into Europe. Won the playoff final against Bolton just. In the january transfer window I brought the clubs hero back for a fraction of what I sold him for... great piece of business.

09/10 - The Wolves are back in the premiership and struggling in the first quarter at the bottom half of the league. Expectations were to rebuild the team. My deciscion? To jump before my ship went down as dutch underachievers PSV came in and offered me the chance to take over! I hopped into the Dutch league and worked a success story with them pushing PSV to the quarter finals of UEFA Cup, the finals of the Dutch Cup (lost to Ajax on penalties.. Ajax are phenomenal) and their first runners up spot in the Dutch League since the game started. I was going for a 'racially pure' dutch side by selling all foreigners (or those who didnt have a Dutch Nationality anyway) and this seemed to backfire...

10/11 - We got hammered by Ajax in the Super Cup and destroyed by a russian side in the 3rd Round Qualifier for the CHampions League. Maybe it hadnt been a good idea to sell all those top foreigners. On an off chance i declared interest in the Crystal Palace (premiership, rich) job and this sent the fans into a riot at PSV. Within a few weeks I was SACKED despite finally turning in the teams first victories (i had gone on a 8 match loss streak previously). Primera Liga topping Alaves were interested in me offering me their job for 3yrs, but their stadium is crap, their bank balance poor. and I'm above all that now! I managed PSV to a runnersup spot damnit! I really fancied cracking the french league for the first time and I declared interest in Bordeoux, Lens and Marseille, with the chairmen all saying they might hire me. None of them did, and I landed up BACK in the Championship in england managing debt laden Southampton (they have 16m in the bank but thats on a 25m loan).

How the mighty have fallen. Lesson to be learned people, dont get too big for your boots...

In my game, Scotland just beat England 1-0 in the qualifiers for Euro 2008, and after 5 games, Scotland top the group with a game in hand which also includes Russia, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Hungary and Malta, who sit in those positions behind Scotland and England.

I think Allardyce will be sacked as England manager before too long. He's struggling with Bolton in the Championship as it is.

Scotland > j00. (H)

I got my Scotland team to Euro2008, but we only got 3 points from our matches against France, Germany and Switzerland (can't remember who we beat, probably the Swiss). England actually won it, beating the Czechs and Holland on goal difference and Belgium in the group stage, then Greece, Spain, and then France on penalties in the final. Oh yeah, guess who got chosen to host Euro2012? Scotland & Wales! w00t! No qualifiers for me! And Wales actually get into a competition! w00t! Pity Giggs will have retired by then...

I keep knocking back offers at Leixoes as well. I've had countless Championship teams ask me (Wigan, Birmingham, Sunderland, Southampton, maybe more) and some MLS teams (MetroStars, DC United, I think another) and Chunnam (South Korea) but I want to see how well I do in the Superliga and the UEFA Cup first. It just sucks that you can't do both (without making a new game, which is annoying).

Pfft, I got N.Ireland to Euro 2008 after coming second in a group that also featured Spain (who topped it). I then drew with Sweden, lost to Poland and beat Germany in the group stages to go through, beat Spain in the quarters, and lost to France 1-0 in extra time.

N.Ireland > Scotland

Pfft, I got N.Ireland to Euro 2008 after coming second in a group that also featured Spain (who topped it). I then drew with Sweden, lost to Poland and beat Germany in the group stages to go through, beat Spain in the quarters, and lost to France 1-0 in extra time.

N.Ireland > Scotland

Remember starting new games is cheating.

I left Liverpool for Celtic. I wanted a job in L1 or something, but absolutely nothing came. So I thought I'd take this on for a few years. It's already going well, brought in a few prospects, and starting with a 5-0 champs league win over Juve. Better still, I've got James Vaughan. Everton players rock. 2015/16 is the place to be.