Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

I'm starting to think I should just START the game at 'all out attack'. Because it certainly seems to work...

Shaun Cummings (Chelsea youth, bought him from Grange Quins for £16k) scoring two (massive) goals on his sub debut, and he only came on in the 82nd minute. :w00t:

It was also especially sweet as I gave my second-string keeper a start and he saved the penalty (something which I pretty much never do). (H)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fuck Russians in the neck, more trouble than they're worth.

I signed Andrey Arshavin for around £6m, he plays one game then picks up an injury. He comes back, starts bitching about not getting settles, then gets injured again in his return match. In an attempt to please him, I tried to bring in Alexandr Kerzhakov who pretty much told me to piss off. Despite that, I tried again a month later, and now the fucker has no problem signing with me?

Fucking Commies <_<

So seeing as the bastard is now deciding to knock goals in for fun, any way I can calm the prick down so he doesn't try and leave?

Edited by Xero Gravity

I've come to the conclusion that Emmanuel Pogetetz is not a good replacement for Ashley Cole. He has averaged 6 and alot of goals against us come down the right wing. Unfortunatly Clichy is injured at the moment and so he is the only real option until my signing of Gareth Barry comes through. However I just signed Kone up front from PSV i think as a replacement for Adebayor when he is tired and has done a stellar job. I can see the two young Africans being my starting lineup in 5 or six years time if they keep going at this rate.

So seeing as the bastard is now deciding to knock goals in for fun, any way I can calm the prick down so he doesn't try and leave?

If he's still homesick you can try and send him home for a month, other than that just keep him playing regularly and make sure the team is meeting expectations.

I tend to get quite a few unhappy back-up players, so I like it when they bitch in public. So I can finally tell them to fuck up or leave (since it's not worth having some wanker who's actually FAR from a start disrupting the team, skipping training and making me look like a tool).

It's especially funny when I offer them to everyone at a reduced price of £0 (if no one accepts the normal asking price) and I just get them to bugger off for FREE when I ask them for a mutual contract thingymajig. More wages for me to play with. >_>

Guest muddatrucker

I've been appointed the Mexico manager, which is weird because for the first time its not boring the tits off me, usually internationals piss me off to no end, I guess being manager to a terrible Portugal team made me think differently, I'm going to try and win the world cup with these guys - I like being notified when players gain dual nationality too, nice feature.

I just hope the fact that I dont have the mexican leagues running doesn't limit my national pool.

Cassano was getting pissed about only starting four games out of 12 for my Barcelona side. He requests a transfer, I accept.

Everton offer £21m and I accept. Chelsea offer £21m, I ask them cheekly for £30m, they agree. He's going to Chelsea.

Oh, yeh, I signed Cassano on a free from Madrid like 4 months ago. An instant £30m profit. Neat.

I've decided that Tom is Jasper from the Simpsons.

"Selling a bosman? That's a paddlin. Signing a good player? That's a paddlin. Starting a new game? You better believe that's a paddlin."

Anyway, long story short I won the league and Champions League with M'boro and decided to call it a day with them. I had offers from Milan and Leeds lined up so I jumped to Leeds to rescue them from the Championship. It's been a tough summer having to slash the wage bill and it's left my squad wafer thin. This hasn't been helped by a constant injury crisis which has now reached a high of 10 players including all 3 senior goalkeeps. I had to play a grey player against Huddersfield, luckily I still won. I have about 17 senior players fit atm, crazy.

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

I've been appointed the Mexico manager, which is weird because for the first time its not boring the tits off me, usually internationals piss me off to no end, I guess being manager to a terrible Portugal team made me think differently, I'm going to try and win the world cup with these guys - I like being notified when players gain dual nationality too, nice feature.

I just hope the fact that I dont have the mexican leagues running doesn't limit my national pool.

It can be complicated, but once you get it it'll all be easy.

Basically you have folders. When you download a pack and unzip it to it's own folder (some idiot don't zip stuff as a folder), you just add it to an easy to understand system of folders.

data/graphics/pictures should have three folders for kits, people and logos.

Within those folders are club, competition and nation folers (which hold relevant data about those logos), and within the club folder sometimes there are country folders which make it easier to navigate and locate files. Within those folders are usually league folders. For example data/graphics/pictures/logos/clubs/England/premiership would contain all the English Premiership teams logos in .png format. I will also have a config.xml file which maps those pictures to the correct area in the game (like it will map arsenal.png to Arsenal's logo placeholder).

You can open config files in notepad if necesarry (like if things aren't showing up in the game) and correct them.

A line from my premiership config is this:

<record from="Arsenal" to="graphics/pictures/club/602/logo"/>
Edited by The Kraig

Anyone managed to fix the problem with the Arsenal kit not showing up in the first season? It's nothing major, just annoys me when everyone else has a kit.

They'll love them over at Susie. Guaranteed. But of course you'd have to credit theanswer for being the kit originator and whoever made the actual kits. sleep.gif
Edited by therockbox

That reminds me, when the dual nationality thing happens, can you actually do anything? I mean, like, try and call them up for whatever country they just gained nationality for? If so, how, 'cause I could never work it out.