Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know if this has been posted before but I just found a scenario for the 1989/00 season it's only for the english leagues and top european teams but seems good for a change to me anyway, just finished downloading and about to try it out soon.

Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9SU550WZ

I've been appointed the Mexico manager, which is weird because for the first time its not boring the tits off me, usually internationals piss me off to no end, I guess being manager to a terrible Portugal team made me think differently, I'm going to try and win the world cup with these guys - I like being notified when players gain dual nationality too, nice feature.

I just hope the fact that I dont have the mexican leagues running doesn't limit my national pool.

That reminds me, when the dual nationality thing happens, can you actually do anything? I mean, like, try and call them up for whatever country they just gained nationality for? If so, how, 'cause I could never work it out.

Edited by The Kraig

I manage Barcelona and we went into like £30m debt so I had to sell Tevez to Real Madrid for £36m.

That leaves me with Eto'o and Llorente.

I have £30m to spend, and I need a guy thats going to score goals for fun. I could get Valeri Bojinov for £26m, should I?

Edited by Lost Soul

I nicked some random 17 year old Togoan player named Angbwa to Saudi Arabia as I needed strikers for the up coming Asian Cup considering my top two strikers both retired and he has been brilliant:).

I kept him on the bench for the first few matches after discovering two other good strikers and in the finals against Oman one of them was suspended and the less talented one had only scored one goal in the entire tournament that also coming from a penalty.

So I played Angbwa and within two minutes of coming on he scored to make it 1-0 and then in 12 minutes headered in a corner and we held onto the lead and then in the 66th he scored from a Penalty to win us the Asia Cup!

I got sacked as West Ham in my game so went and took over Everton, 21st in the Championship at the end of November. As the strikers were light, I signed Mark Viduka on a free and paid him £800 a week and he went on to score 6 goals in his first 6 games and averaging about 7.5.

Then I get an e-mail with the media criticising me for picking Viduka when he's past his best. Then I looked in Dukas profile and his concerns are:

"Feels the media are being too critical of him"

"Feels the media are correct about him being past his best"

Can he not just make his mind up. Not going to change me ways and stop playing him. Oh and in middle of February now and am just 7 points off playoffs with a game in hand

Yeah similar experience here with Emile Heskey he scored a handful of goals including two against Man Untied but the media kept harrasing him until he retired he went out on a high though slamming a goal against Everton to give us a 1-0 win and save us from relegation

Today...well...:crying:

What I don't regret:

What I might regret:

I officially proclaim myself a God. I never really thought he would sign but...I'm just so happy. :crying:

His pal Clarence Seedorf keeps rejecting me. But I signed Lee Carsley as well just before this and I was like 'best signing ever' when that happened. This signing is just too awesome for words. Rab Carlos is one of my footballing Gods, even since I was wee. And he was FREE! If we don't get promoted THIS season I'm gonna rip my balls off.

Summary of past season: Finished 5th. Sold three of my first team for a million each. Improved training ground so much it's now a top academy with youth system! The stadium won't expand though, it's still at it's original 2500 capacity. :lol:

I also got Ghana qualified for the World Cup with ease, first African team to qualify. Still haven't lost a game with Ghana, and have only drawn once (3-3) with a lucky Cameroon. Ghana are also the hosts for the African Nations, which saves me the annoyance of qualifying. w00t.

So, basically Tevez had to be sold to save Barcelona. Fuck Tevez. I hope he gets a pig threw at him when he returns to the Nou Camp. >_>

Just for extra cover I brought in Senderos from Chelsea for like £15m.

We've played five, won five.