MP3 players

ONO

I've sold many Zen's and many Ipods.

I will say this, about two weeks ago we had a sale where a 5GB Zen was the same price as a 4GB Mini and you would get a $100 mail in rebate. People still didn't bite.

The regular folk did, but the more knowledgeable customers didn't touch it because they've had bad experiences with Creative. So HT is right in that respect.

However, of the Zen's we did sell (a lot I might add), not one has come back nor have we heard of any complaints. A coworker has had one since they first came out and there's been no problems.

The RCA 40GB Jukebox on the other hand is a piece of shit product.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They DON'T make shitty products though, the consensus so far is the FAR opposite from that.

Ask anyone who's into computers how they feel about Creative's cards. You'll get a lot of profanity in the reply, I promise you.

Honest to God, you are the first person I've ever spoken to that's had a problem and I know a shitload of people with the players, other technology they use, I'll give you that, but this point is about the Jukeboxes.

I do realise Creative is big, but the way you spoke it was as if you thought they were smaller than they are.

Please stop projecting your own mental shortcomings onto me.

Ah, this is your subtle hint at flamebait, I don't like hooks in my mouth.

So yeah, while it may not be 'consensus' (which admitedly was bad phrasing on my part), Heel Turn is the first person I've known of around 20 that has had issues with the MP3 players.

Maybe that's because no one owns the players?

Those 20 people have the players, is it that hard to understand?

Seriously, though, my major issue isn't with the players, as I pointed out: it's that buying the players supports an awful company who, in a just world, would long ago have had their corporate offices struck by a meteor.

I got no comeback for that, but at least we've settled the issue on the players, from what I'm going to assume.

Focusing on one sentence? That was all I could pick up from that rant,

You must not have read very closely, then, or you would have noticed all the specifics I listed about Creative being a terrible company. Y'know, all the ones you conveniently ignored because you're either ignorant about them or were unable to refute them.

Creative have excellent customer service as far as I've ever been concerned, they are fast, efficient and EXTREMELY helpful, as well as generous. Now I'm not too sure on other people, but I work on personal experience.

I may be a moron

Sí.

To quote Scrubs.

"Yawn, you see, I say yawn, because when I actually yawn, you don't get it."

but evidently you are always right and we should all praise you for your huge knowledge. Don't be such a prick, climb down from your pedestal and join us for a discussion without insults why don't you?

You seem to think that the views I expressed above are entirely my own opinion. They are not. Many, many people feel similarly regarding Creative, and their reputation among audiophiles and computer enthusiasts echo the ones I listed above. Of course, after I posted all the reasons Creative was a shitty company, you had to get cute and pick out something unrelated to the overall gist of my post to comment about. If you can grow up for a few seconds, you'll realize that Creative is loathed by people in the know for a reason, and that when it comes to singing the company's praises, you're in the minority. Of course, you're used to that, owning a Zen.

'People in the know', I love that, can you please go from personal experience? I'm being serious here, please tell me you aren't going on reputation, because if we're going by reputation then I'm afraid that the worlds economy... oh yes, there, it broke.

When you become capable of discussing the merits (or total lack thereof) of Creative, and responding to my posts in an intelligent matter, we'll talk. But hey, I'm always right and I'm on a pedestal or some such shit and you win the thread for trying to make me look stupid. Thumbs up, champ.

At least my thumbs aren't up my ass, champ.