International Wrestling Federation

Chris the Human

November – Start of the Month

Words cannot describe the relief I felt as the first ever IWF pay-per-view came to an end. Was I happy with it? Sure, it had its moments – I won’t deny that. The tag bout, the International Title match, Sting vs. Steiner, and who can go past AJ and Ultimo really saved what was always going to be a difficult card to manage. No feuds, no major title on the line, and only a month’s build up to get people ‘in touch’ with the characters.

After the show there was a big party, and it was great to be in the room with the guys that were practically buzzing with energy. For a lot of these guys it was the first time they’d ever been involved in something big. Guys like AJ Styles, Petey Williams, Samoa Joe, and Charlie Haas haven’t ever really headlined an internationally available pay-per-view. On the other end of the scale, it must have been a relief of sorts for guys like Sting, Funk, and Luger to know they still had something the fans wanted to see.

“One small step for man…” Dean Draven sidled up beside me, and slapped me warmly on the back. I’m sure he and TNT weren’t over the moon about being in the IWF Underground, but they both understood that pushing them to the moon wouldn’t just be unprofessional, it’d be damaging to their careers. Besides, I’m sure both of them were enjoying working with guys like Pat Patterson and Lance Storm.

“Enjoy the show?” I asked, passing him a bottle of imported Tooheys Extra Dry. Odd, I couldn’t get AWF to buy me a six pack of this when I lived in Australia, yet Lachlan didn’t raise an eyebrow when I requested that he track down twelve cases of it for the after party. Already Luger was chugging his fourth, regaling people with tales of the days of the real Monday Night Wars. I don’t think any of them realise just how much we’re into this war.

“Sure did. Excuse me”. Dean pats me on the back again and sidles off to where Molly Holly is sitting, her arm in a sling. I don’t like his chances, but hey, maybe he just wants an autograph.

“You want to tell them tonight?” Lachlan appears at my side without a noise, like some kind of wraith.

“It’s your baby, Lachlan. You let them know”. He gives me a grateful smile. I can tell this has been especially hard on him. Severing all ties with his family and embarking in a business he’s really not familiar with. Hell, I can’t believe he even considered approaching Warrior. That’s just committing promotional suicide.

“Everyone, can I get your attention?” Lachlan stands atop a crate, hardly the picture you’d paint of a millionaire. Everyone stops what they’re doing and listens, though. The guy has charisma, and everyone goes silent as he speaks.

“First of all, I’d like to say congratulations on a wonderful show!” Everyone goes up, cheering and toasting.

“But, if I could, I’ve got some good news”. The tension in the air is palpable. I didn’t even believe it myself, and I’d been at the meeting. He waits, letting the tension build up and building to the moment. It’ll make everyone’s night all the sweeter – I know it did for me.

“The International Wrestling Federation is going to UPN!”

A moment of crystal silence. It settles in.

“Why the fuck are we all still standing here like a bunch of slack-jawed sons of bitches? Get me a beer, asshole!”

Stone Cold is talking to me. If it weren’t him, I’d probably ignore the request, but he gives me a good natured slap on the back as he cracks the pro-offered beer open and chugs it down. I’m not sure he should be drinking, but hell, we’re going to a real network and we’re going primetime.

Starting Tuesday, IWF debuts on UPN.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brutal View

By Tristan Kancer

Finally got a chance to catch my second IWF show. You’d never believe how easy it is to slip into these shows. After paying of course. INSERT You’d think that they’d up security for a pay per view, but I guess not. After the last show I was told I was banned from buying tickets to another IWF show, haha, loophole baby. But enough about me, let’s get to the show.

Way to go, let’s have the show in Atlantic City, anyone one else rather be gambling right now? Oh well, already here, might as well check out the show. After all, it’s the one I’m not getting paid to review.

To open the show we get a quick rundown of the card, with the most focus on Austin as the enforcer for the International Title Match. Could we see a screw job? Not sure what Austin thinks of Lex but he might help him out if it means he’s able to stay on television longer. Looks like we’re going to get a band performance to start off the show, and it’s Nickelback. A couple of years too late but it’ll do, still gets the crowd pumped up. Wonder how much they had to pay Kroeger for that introduction line. Actually, I wonder if he even knows where he’s playing tonight. He probably just thinks this is some random bar they were at and someone handed him a guitar.

Looks like we’re going to have the Hardcore Title match first and this match has four of the most extreme guys in the wrestling world. Quite a bit of history between Sabu and Funk and they realize this, going after each other from the opening bell. Vampiro gets a laugh from me as he decides to sit up on the buckles and watch the action. Of course Abyss isn’t having any of it and goes after the champion. Fast forward a bit and we find Terry Funk being eliminated Damn, I had fifty on Abyss being the first eliminated due to name value, and him not having as much as the other three.

Abyss takes at Sabu who is a little worse for wear after the beating he received throughout the match. Is anyone old enough here to actually remember when Sabu was a healthy man? I’m not. Unfortunately for Abyss, Sabu has been doing these sorts of matches since before Abyss knew how to wipe his own ass. *Shudders* Sabu opens up on the monster, crushing his face with the old Arabian Face Buster. I wonder how many actual arabians had their faces buster by that move. Abyss shakes it off and goes back on the attack, but Vampiro cuts that off with a chair and a sidewalk Slam that put him away.

Vampiro & Sabu, this is a money worthy fued if captured right and the fans see it. Of course they cheer for Sabu because, well it’s Sabu. Sabu completely dominates the last few minutes of the match but Vampiro continues to kick out of every pinfall attempt, frustrating Sabu. Four chair shots and Vampiro retains. Damn, that was a long match to review. My right hand is sore. There goes my sex life for a week. I mean....ah damn. Let’s just move on.

HOLY CRAP, another four person match? See how I’m being politically correct here? Bonus points. Of course it’s women so nobody gives a damn about the actual match. Most are just waiting for that nip slip we all know happens. Every Women’s match has a nip slip, we just usually miss it because we’re busy looking at those asses. How very sexist of me. I’ll stop. I’m still voting for the ugly chick in this match, but I’ll try to stop making sexist comments.

Okay, so all the chicks are in the ring, and it looks like Cinderella, and the godmother and the step sisters, only this time Cinderella looks like a man and it’s the step sisters that are drop dead gorgeous. Too bad they’ve got to mess up those pretty faces, or at least Aja Kong and Asuka have to mess up the faces of the other two because these women are monsters. Kim and Madusa are the quicker of the four women which means they keep ahead of them with speed. Too bad they try one clothesline too many and Asuka nearly takes both their heads off with a clothesline. Styles makes sure to remind the audience that this is not a tag match, thanks for that Styles. In terms of women’s matches, this wasn’t half bad, that is until Kong almost took the heads of all three women off, finally pinning Madusa. Don’t worry Aja, I’d like to lay my body across hers too.

Nice little video package to highlight the wins of Team Canada, even if they did come by nefarious tactics. They’ve had quite the war with Jindrak and O’Haire, coming out one step ahead every time. It’s strange for me to see NBT play the face team but what else could Team Canada do really besides be the ultimate heels. This leads us right into another match between the two teams. I have to say that this fued seems like it’s being quite rushed and could have used a bit more meat to it.

Another ladder match in such a short time, and people have got to be looking back at the Styles/Gibson match and comparing the two. Might want to space out the times between certain stipulation matches. But hey, I’m not the booker, all I can do is state my opinion. Quite a bit of brawling in this match, which O’haire seems to come out well in being the biggest man of the match. Not enough ladder interaction for my liking. Ending seemed a bit rushed with a simple low blow keeping O’Haire down long enough to grab the title. Team Canada is quick to get out of there. And if anyone’s listening, slow this story down because it’s being rushed. You’ve got all the time in the world. It was definately not Gibson/Styles quality but this was enough to keep me wanting more.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo, three team stare and I have got to love that. Looks like you heard me before I even said anything because adding another team definitely slows down the progression as well as adding some suspense. Very nice.

Oh look, A.J is campaigning for mayor. No, wait, he’s campaigning for the World Title. Hey A.J, just to let you know, the title is won in the ring, not in the polls. Plus, you’re not to popular with that girly look and those flashy moves. Good thing that pose is awesome. Anyone else find themselves doing it everytime they get out of bed? Me neither.....

Holy crap, if I try to tell everything that happens in this match, I’m going to have some sore fingers, and you’re going to wonder what the hell I’m talking about. This is incredibly fast paced with both men getting some very good offence. Dragon manages to hit most of his trademark moves including an incredible Asai Moonsault. There wasn’t enough time in this match for Styles to hit all of his but he managed to pull out enough to finally get the win with the Styles Clash. Can you believe he hated this name and finisher in the beginning? Now he’s one of the best indy wrestlers on the planet, and that’s my opinion as well.

Okay, when I thought there couldn’t be any more moments for this show, we’re graced with this match coming up. An I Quit Match against one of the greatest “shoot” fighters on the planet and the “Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe.

This match was exactly what I thought it would be upon hearing the announcement. Back and forth, take down after take down, wear down after wear down. Shamrock shows that he still has the tenacity in his system as he wears down Joe with hard hitting clotheslines, suplexes and the wear down holds he’d been known for in UFC. What I didn’t expect was the ending with Samoa Joe pulling it off with a triangle choke. The two shake hands while Joey takes some shots at A.J Styles about sportsmanship. Give it up Joey, when you’re as good as Styles, you don’t need friends.

And they just keep going as it seems time for the International Title Match, which means the star of the show, the greatest specimen walking today, and the Narcissist, if this was ten years ago, Lex Luger is coming to defend his title against Charlie Haas. Too bad Austin had to stick his nose in here just so he could be seen on television. Time to hang it up Austin, you’ve got nothing left that hasn’t been done so many times. Damn, I almost forgot this was a cage match but here comes the cage now.

Hold up, gotta open this stolen refreshment. Crap, it’s warm. Oh well, it’s free so I can’t complain. Crap, spilled some on the paper. Speaking of paper, this match here seems like it would flop on paper. Nice use of the cage in the beginning but it doesn’t matter much since everything inside Luger’s head already rattles. Luger dominates the opening of the match with his strength showing that he hasn’t gone completely to hell. Too bad the fans couldn’t care less about him. Haas attempts to finish off Luger with a Haas of Pain but is interupted by Jason Swinger who looks quite familiar to me. Seems to be getting on the bad side of Austin, which isn’t really a good place that you want to be. Of course, Austin can’t let something slide and has to open the door. You know what that means. Low blow from Lex and he escapes to keep the title. Damn it, how long does this have to....JACKIE!! Sorry, it’s not that important but damn she’s hot and that’s more important then most of what happened in this match. Luger leaves with his “friend” while Austin stomps and throws a tantrum all the way to the back.

Let’s get straight to the next match which is another match in the big World Title tournament featuring the fan’s champion, the one they can’t seem to stop cheering, Diamond Dallas Page and the social outcast, and my favourite villain, Raven. At first glance, this is a battle of two guys who’ve had their fill of the wrestling business. DDP was never that great in the ring, but he’s always been able to get the fans behind him. Raven has got an incredible character but even it’s beginning to wear out. Some might even say that IWF has become WCW-lite, but we’ll have to wait and see. This match here kept the crowd interested but wasn’t much else. Surprising win by Raven which I didn’t see coming after DDP made Homicide his bitch in the first show. For some reason I never saw DDP laying down for Raven. Wonder if anyone remembers their history in WCW....probably not and IWF made no real mention of it. Maybe next time.

Looks like we’ve got a Sting interview. After seeing him for the last couple shows I’ve got to say. The face paint is back, the blonde hair is back, but where is the old Sting. He looks like the old sting but talks like “Dark Sting.” He should be more jovial and upbeat, not soft and meticulous. But hey, his character, his rules. I have to say, I like his reasoning for the main event, talking about Steiner representing the worst of two worlds. Definitely a nice set up for the main event.

Knock down, and drag out is basically the only real way to explain this match. The fans were on fire when Sting made his presence and they showered Steiner with boos, as they should. Steiner is looking to prove that he isn’t washed up as he takes the fight to Sting with various suplexes including a huge exploder. Steiner’s temper gets the better of him as he knocks the ref out and gets a huge Stinger Splash for his trouble. Steiner recovers and hits a Steiner Screwdriver which is a move I haven’t seen in years from him. Don’t worry folks, it doesn’t include vodka, although Sting might wish it did after getting spiked like that. Sting fights the Steiner Recliner. Sting builds on the fans, breaking the hold and scoring with his own attacks until he pulls a Scorpion Deathdrop. Okay, after that I’m not going to be able to hear for a week. This crazy bitch beside me is a screamer. Makes me wonder if her husband wears earplugs. Sting has done it, which means he moves on.

Look at Joey Styles go crazy. I’m sure that if I was standing beside him, I’d want to drown him by now. I can’t hear what he’s saying so you people at home should send me a copy of the tape since I’m too damn cheap to buy it. Looks like that’s it folks. It’s over which means I’m hitting the bar. Goodnight everyone.

Well, there is my second report which is a lot worse then the first one. I'm trying to shrink them down. I've got to take out some of the technical stuff and get more to my opinion.

Haha, can still dig it. You're definitely the IWF's Scotsman. Glad you enjoyed the card, for the most part. It should all get a little 'easier' now, with two shows a week to build up characters, and the World Title Tournament to be decided at the next PPV.

IWF Underground Report

Livewire Results

From The Desk of Rebnik DesTerek

Jimmy Jacobs vs Jardi Frantz

I had received word from upstairs that they wanted to see what Jacobs could do.I had plans for the top of the card, but I made note to put him out there and see if he could impres someone. Jardi put on a surprisingly better show, which the crowd fed off of it.

Towards the end of the contest, Jacobs moved out of the way of a leg drop, and Jardi over-sold it. Jacobs had to finish it off himself since Jardi's acting went randomly stale. He DDT'd him, and then elbowed dropped him to win.

Nothing spectacular. Wrestling wise, Jardi is ready to go. But he lacks the acting ability and psycology. Jacobs could use a bit more work to get himself more well known down here in the lesser ranks.

Jonny C and Jonny Storm def. Bobby Lashley and Stevie Fabulous w/ Alexis Laree

To start things off, Alexis did some whining and complaining about unfair and mean Jonny C acted last week. Of course, out he comes to confront her. She threatens him with Lashley, who appears. Jonny has a trick up his sleeve: Jonny Storm! Storm attack Lashley, and Stevie runs out to help him. A match starts!

The bell never officially rang, so this match was more of a beat-down then anything. Alexis screamed for Lashley, but it was no use. Lashley did get a bit of offense by smacking Storm against the post, but eventually weapons came out.

A good storyline segment leaving Lashley and Stevie bloodied.

Paul Birchall def. Roderick Strong

Back and forth match, the monster heel makes fun of Roderick and ends up beating him barely after Strong almost puts him down. I wish I could say more, this was my filler match, so that's all you get.

Excalibur def. Harley Lewis, Franky the Mobster, and El Generico for the #1 Contendership

El Generico and Excalibur came out to control Kennedy, who was apparantly nowhere to be found. A video clip of him if shown, mentioning that he has an oppurtunity for him. The four-way #1 Contendership match is revealed.

The actual match turned quickly into a no-tagging team match. Franky made quick use of the no disqualification rule, bringing out weapons to take out his oppenents. After a few minutes, Franky ducked a clothline and th-wacked Generico in the head! Then Excalibur! Harley and Franky has taken con-- Franky hits Harley! 1-2-3 and Harley is done!

Excalibur rolled out of the ring, holding his side as if hurt. Generico turned the tides after a moonsault hurricarana (which was botched). Excalibur suddenly saw Ken Kennedy, current champ, running down. Reacting quick, he moved to attack but Kennedy batted him away.

Ken slid in and assaulted Generico. After a moment or two of some hard shots, Excalibur low blowed Kennedy from behind! With Kennedy down, Generico ducked a punch and set up for the BRAINBUSTAH! (yes, it's really called that.) Franky got hit hard with it and it's 1, 2, and 3.

Kennedy by now is starting to come to his senses. Generico shook hands with Excalibur, as if to say 'may the best man win.' As it happens, Kennedy came out of no where with a viscious spear to Generico! He rolled out, leaving Excalibur to finish it. The crowd cheers for Excalibur to do it. Generico stands, groggy, and Excalibur sets up and hits it the Tiger Driver 69! The pinfall gets three and Excalibur does it!

Afterwards, El Generico looks pissed. After a tense moment, he offers a handshake, and then raises the hand of his partner, much to the happiness of the crowd.

The match was, pretty much, bad wrestling wise. Entertainment wise, it was a great one.

-------

Now, Chris, I got's a question for ya. Where is Mikey Batts in this universe?

And, mind if I bring tag titles out?

a). Not a problem with you introducing tag titles and such. You've basically got complete control over everything short of hirings and firings.

I'll take a look for Mikey Batts when I look at doing some IWF business again. If I see him free, I'll sign him for you. We're turning a profit, so I'm not worried about costs.

I like the added effect of the Underground Report, showcasing the guys who could be huge when they make their way onto the main show, or even guys who may never make it up there in the end. Always adds to a diary.

Rebby - Have signed him to a developmental deal. He's all yours

Current IWF Battlefront Card

Bryan Danielson takes on hardcore legend Terry Funk in his round of sixteen World Title Tournament clash for the right to face Sting!

Charlie Haas has called out Jason Swinger for costing him his International Title bout at IWF Inception

It's tag team action as The Naturals make their in ring debut against Team Canada in a non-title bout

Aja Kong vs. Gail Kim for the Women's Title

Vampiro takes on Sabu in a no holds barred Street Fight for the Hardcore Title!

Plus we'll also hear from Sting, Raven, AJ Styles, and find out the repurcussions of Stone Cold abandoning his post in the International Title match!

Edited by chriswalkerbush

Roderick Strong trained Mikey Batts, so this works out perfectly. Much appreciated. I'll PM ya from now on though (Y) Just let me know when you fire/hire people. I didn't post the roster because I'm mainly used to development rosters changing drastically at a continually pace.

Oh, and as an added idea, try doing some less-important dark matchs with the developmentees. For some realism ;)

Anywho...

----

IWF Underground will be aired after Battlegrounds! Remember to tune in to see the future stars of IWF battle it out!

Excalibur will duke it out against Ken Kennedy, Jonny C goes head to head with Stevie Fabulous, and a tag team tournament begins! Also scheduled to appear is Jimmy Jacobs, Bobby Lashley, and El Generico

Edited by Rebby

Updated IWF Battlefront Card

IWF Battlefront is about to revolutionise UPN, bringing 'Monday Night Wars II' to Tuesday nights in a big way!

This week we'll see two more World Title tournament bouts as Bryan Danielson battles Terry Funk, whilst Charlie Haas is drawn up against a mystery opponent after the injury to Sonny Siaki. We'll also see two titles on the line: with Aja Kong defending her Women's crown against Gail Kim, and Sabu battling with Vampiro in what should be a classic Street Fight for the Hardcore Rules title.

If that wasn't enough we've got The Naturals vs. Team Canada in a non-title match, a debuting worker, and a huge six man tag match involving Sting, Scott Hall, Raven, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner, and Diamond Dallas Page!

Tune in tonight at 8pm to see all of the news from the Battlefront, as the IWF seeks to take on the world of pro-wrestling!

IWF Battlefront on UPN – Tuesday November 2nd 2005

Venue: Hartford Civic Center, Connecticut

OOC Note: Apologies for shortened reports and such, it's not fitting of a show debut, but I'm busy with a new job, and didn't want this to get too far behind. Hopefully one of my 'columnists' can flesh these out! The remainder should come within the next day or so.

Joey: Hello and welcome to IWF Battlefront on UPN!

Simon: If the fat cats at WWE and FWE thought that the IWF was a passing phase, tonight is going to prove them wrong! Beaming out to the world from UPN, we’ll be showing the world that we’re the next big thing in professional wrestling!

Joey: And what better way to do it than by showcasing the things that make the IWF so unique? We’ll see Aja Kong up against Gail Kim in real women’s wrestling, and then Sabu and Vampiro get it on in a brutal street fight!

Simon: But the biggest match of the night has just been announced; with the team of Sting, Scott Hall, and Diamond Dallas Page to take on Raven, Scott Steiner, and International Champion Lex Luger!

Joey: The IWF is bringing you to the front line of the new pro wrestling war!

Some unfamiliar music hits (‘Get Psycho’ by Disturbed), and a familiar face emerges to a big response from the packed crowd. It’s Mark Copani of WWE fame! Of course, fans knew him then as Muhammad Hassan, but his ‘traditional’ Islamic dress is gone in favour of regular street clothes. He soaks in an atmosphere devoid of heavy boos, something he’s not experienced before, before walking down to the ring and getting on the mike.

Copani: I’m free! (Pop) For months I laboured under false pretences in the WWE, told I was making the right move for my career by posing as something I’m not. I was forced into portraying a character that I knew was offensive, and when it didn’t work out, I was blamed and relegated to obscurity because of Vince McMahon’s inability to admit he was wrong. Well, Vince McMahon, your pride is going to hurt you. No, your pride is going to *kill* you. Just like Eric Bischoff’s pride killed the WCW, so till will yours kill the WWE. And I intend to be at the forefront of your fall and humiliation. Through each loss in the ratings wars, for each superstar that mysteriously appears on the other side – you will see my face. You tried to ruin my career, Mr. McMahon, and then you refused to even acknowledge your part in it. I don’t want to ruin your career, Vince. I don’t want to ruin your business.

I want to ruin your life.

The crowd are pumped and chanting ‘IWF’, when suddenly glass breaks and Stone Cold Steve Austin comes out to a huge pop.

Joey: Oh my God! Steve Austin’s here, and Copani might just be in a bit of trouble!

Stone Cold walks out to the ring in traditional style, standing astride each turnbuckle in his trademark pose before getting on a mike.

Austin: Mark Copani (What) Mark ‘Hassan’ Copani (What). You’re here on the IWF (What) On UPN (What) On Battlefront (What) Live at 8pm (What) From Hartford, Connecticut (What). You come out here running your mouth about the WWE like you invented the disgruntled worker. You seem to be forgetting that a blonde haired little angel by the name of Steve Austin used to do just that. Before he became the beer-drinkin’, ass-kickin’, foul mouthed Texan you see before you – Steve Austin was promising to destroy WCW.

Copani: Steve, I’m just out here to…

Austin: What? (Pop) I know why you’re out here Mark or Muhammad or whatever the hell you’re going by. I support that, but I can’t just give you a job because you’re angry. That’d be bad business. You want to work for the IWF? You want your shot at glory? You want to destroy the WWE and all it stands for?

Copani: You know I do

Austin: Good. If you want to do that you’ll need to win a match tonight. Beat the guy I put you up against, and you’re in. Tonight it’ll be Mark Copani vs. Johnny Smith. If you win, you’ve got yourself a job, boy. But if you lose, I will personally come down here and Stun your ass. In fact…

Stone Cold steps forward and delivers the Stone Cold Stunner to Mark Copani, drawing a pop from the crowd despite Copani’s seemingly successful face turn.

96%

Mark Copani debuted his new gimmick to a positive response

Mark Copani gained overness from this segment

Joey: Mark Copani has his chance at joining the IWF later tonight, but first we’ve got round of sixteen action in the World Title Tournament as The American Dragon Bryan Danielson locks horns with hardcore legend, Terry Funk!

Simon: Talk about your styles clashes! Danielson’s technical wizardry up against Funk’s old school brawling!

Joey: It’s sure to create a thrilling fusion of styles. We’ve got that next!

COMMERCIAL

We return from the break as Terry Funk comes out to the ring. He gets a modest pop, as does the arrival of Bryan Danielson.

Terry Funk vs. Bryan Danielson in the World Title Tournament

The two start things off with a sportsmanlike shaking of hands, and then it’s straight down to business. Whilst this is a World Title tournament match-up, it’s clearly being used here as a time filler, with the bout not taking too long. Danielson attempts to control things with his technical prowess, but is repeatedly outwitted by the wily old veteran – who goes close to what would have to be considered an upset pinfall when he manages to hit the Hangman’s neckbreaker on Danielson for a two count. He goes up top for a moonsault, and that’s when it goes awry, Danielson able to somehow turn the landing over and into Cattle Mutilation for the submission victory! Danielson will advance to face tournament favourite Sting in the quarter finals!

O: 69 C: 63 M: 76

Terry Funk lost overness

Bryan Danielson gained overness

We cut backstage to where Charlie Haas and Jackie Gayda are sitting in an office. Gayda is soothing Haas, who appears to still be fuming about his loss to Lex Luger at IWF Inception. Her words of encouragement are cut off as the door opens and the crowd pops as Bret Hart enters.

Hart: What seems to be the problem, Charlie?

Gayda: (Cutting Charlie off) It’s hardly a problem in my eyes, but Charlie just wanted to ask in case. You see, Sonny Siaki is scheduled to take on Charlie in the World Title Tournament, but he’s pulled out through injury. Now, I know Charlie will be getting a bye through to the quarter finals, but he wanted to make sure. So, can you just tell him so we can be on our way?

Hart: (Raising in eyebrow at Haas as if to ask if Jackie’s always like this) Well, Jackie, you’re half right. Sonny Siaki has pulled out of the tournament, but the IWF isn’t about giving people easy outs. How would it look if Charlie here went on to win the tournament on the back of having one less match than everybody else? No, Charlie has a match tonight, and it’s up next. His opponent will be Abyss. (Mild pop)

Jackie: That’s not fair! Charlie was drawn out to face….

Charlie: (Cuts her off) Sweetheart, its fine. You want me to earn my spot, Bret? That’s fine. Consider Abyss pinned.

81%

Out first is Abyss, the competitor from IWF Inception’s Hardcore Invitational getting some heat for his role in the match. Next out is Haas, who is quite well received by the crowd.

Abyss vs. Charlie Haas in the World Title Tournament

There’s no pre-match pleasantries exchanged, as Charlie Haas steps nimbly into the ring and is immediately flattened with a cheap shot clothesline from Abyss. The bigger man dominates the early going with his size and ferocity, before Haas’ technical prowess begins to show. It’s far from pretty, but Charlie Haas manages to both stem Abyss’ control and gain some of his own by focussing brutally on Abyss’ leg. This begins to frustrate Abyss, especially when even a powerbomb can’t put Haas away. Seemingly forgetting that this is a match for a shot at the world title, Abyss goes to the outside and returns with a chair. Jackie Gayda wrestles with him as he attempts to enter the ring, which earns her a chairshot for her troubles. As Abyss turns around he’s met with a diving clothesline from Haas, who then rolls him into the ring and hits the bridging German suplex for the 1-2-3.

O: 70 C: 66 M: 75

After the match Haas goes to the outside to check on Gayda, who throws something of a tantrum at her man, who simply shakes his head in bemusement as she hurries up the ramp and away.

Simon: Looks like there’s trouble in paradise!

COMMERCIAL

Back from the break and it’s time for Women’s Title action as Aja Kong takes on one of her opponent’s from IWF Inception, Gail Kim. Gail Kim gets a solid pop on her way out, and she plays to the crowd by high fiving those she passes. There’s no such showmanship from Aja Kong, who simply struts out with steely eyed determination.

Aja Kong © vs. Gail Kim for the IWF Women’s Title

Much like their clash at Inception, this bout features Gail Kim trying to control things with her speed whilst Kong seems content to just beat on the much smaller woman from Canada. Kim’s speed works to great effect early on, and the crowd rally behind her as she avoids high impact moves by ducking or rolling, only to come back with a flying headscissors or hurricanrana. Things begin to look interesting when Kim ducks a clothesline attempt, hits a Toronto Slam, and goes up top for a flying leg drop. She hits it! Cover, but Aja Kong draws heavy heat when she puts a foot up on the rope at the last second. Kim, assuming she’s won the match, begins to celebrate – and is caught from behind with a hard back suplex. Aja Kong roars ferociously at the rafters and waits for Kim to get up for what one would assume will be her Uraken finisher. Kim stumbles to her feet…. And ducks the blow! Fisherman’s suplex! Gail Kim goes up top, but Kong rolls to the outside, spits in disgust, and begins to leave! The Women’s champion is leaving the arena! Gail Kim can only watch on in despair as the referee issues her the win via count-out.

O: 67 C: 60 M: 75

Gail Kim has gained overness

The Women’s Title has gained in image

Joey: What a cowardly act! Gail Kim had that match all but won!

Simon: Please, Joey, control yourself. Your bias is horrendous. Aja Kong was clearly unfit to complete the match. For her safety it’s intelligent that she went back immediately.

Joey: That’s the worst excuse I’ve ever heard!

Simon: I’m sure that’s a lie. How many girls have told you they were ‘busy’ when you asked them out?

Joey: Low blow!

We cut backstage to where Lex Luger is sitting with his International title over one shoulder, watching highlights from his International Title defence and grinning. Jason Swinger stands behind him.

Luger: Wonderful, isn’t it, Swinger? My International Championship reign is, like diamonds, forever. They throw Scott Hall at me and I send him back to AA. They send Charlie Haas at me and I send him back to the unemployment queue. You know, I’m beginning to think they should just rename this belt the Lex Luger Championship and retire it. I’ll bring it out at parties and events, of course, but it won’t need to go into foregone conclusion after foregone conclusion and waste valuable television time as I beat another aspiring wrestler into submission.

Swinger: Good idea, sir.

Luger: I know it’s a good idea, Jason. I don’t have any other kind. Now, have you managed to talk to your mutual friend?

Swinger: I have, sir.

Luger: And?

Swinger: He’s said that he’ll consider it and get back to you on Carnage.

Luger: Excellent…

We cut back to the ring, where The Naturals are coming out to a solid response from the four thousand five hundred strong crowd. They play to the crowd well, posing for photos and sending winks to the ladies. Out next is Team Canada, who have the IWF Tag Titles around their waists despite this not being a title bout.

The Naturals vs. Team Canada

This match continues the IWF’s fine trend of quality tag team action, with all of the great teamwork and spots one would wish for. Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens, in particular, show great efficiency and cooperation in the early going, hitting a number of double teams on Roode and isolating him nicely. Of course, Petey Williams is always able to come across and break up any potential pinfalls, drawing him plenty of heat from the fans. When he’s not interrupting the match he’s waving the Canadian flag at the audience, taunting them.

This eventually draws the ire of Andy Douglas, who clotheslines him off the mat, allowing Bobby Roode to attack him from behind for a rollup and near fall. Roode is able to tag out to an infuriated Williams, who goes to town on Douglas, continually preventing him from tagging in a hot Chase Stevens. The crowd are especially vocal in their disapproval when, following a high dropkick, Williams stands astride Douglas and sings a few lines from ‘O, Canada’ to really agitate them.

It’s a solid match with good psychology, but it doesn’t get a clean finish, Jindrak & O’Haire hitting the ring moments after Andy Douglas found himself on the wrong end of a shot from the flag followed by the Canadian Destroyer. Jindrak & O’Haire’s interference ends the match in a DQ, and for a moment all three teams simply stare one another off before all hell breaks loose. Team Canada go right for O’Haire, who is bailed out. The Naturals managed to blindside Bobby Roode and hit The Natural Disaster, and Jindrak cops Canadian Destruction for his interference. A flood of referees hit the ring as the bell continues to ring, and further carnage is prevented.

O: 75 C: 65 M: 85

The Naturals’ new gimmicks were well received

Sean O’Haire’s face turn worked (whoops)

COMMERCIAL

We return from the break in time for the arrival of Vampiro, who comes out with the Hardcore Rules belt around his waist to heavy heat. The lights drop and when they come back on, Sabu has made his trademark in ring appearance, and it’s match on.

Vampiro © vs. Sabu in a Street Fight for the Hardcore Rules Title

This is a truly hardcore bout of epic proportions, with the two taking full advantage of UPN’s more lenient risk allowance to put on a real show for the fans. The bout draws old school ‘ECW’ chants throughout, and it is Sabu who controls things for much of the clash, Vampiro playing the cowardly heel to perfection.

Things heat up towards the clash’s epic conclusion, with both men blooded and the fans rallying hard behind Sabu. He goes up top for the Arabian Facebuster, but Vampiro is quick to his feet, rushing up and throwing a few blows in Sabu’s face. The two teeter at the top for a moment before Vampiro is able to hit a tremendous superplex from the top! The fans cannot help but be impressed with the move, and Vampiro is astounded when Sabu somehow kicks out of the resulting pinfall. The brawl continues, and is highlighted by a brutal chair to the face from Sabu! Vampiro is reeling, but steps forward and spits blood into Sabu’s face! Sabu is temporarily blinded, and Vampiro uses this to his advantage, hitting the Nail in the Coffin for the 1-2-3 and a dusty retention! He is quick to flee, leaving a bloodied Sabu lying on the mat. We certainly haven't seen the end of this rivalry!

O: 79 C: 62 M: 92

Vampiro lost in overness

The IWF Hardcore Rules title has gained image

STILL TO COME!!!

Mark Copani vs. Johnny Smith for a place in the IWF

Sting, Scott Hall, & Diamond Dallas Page vs. Lex Luger, Raven, & Scott Steiner

Continued from Previous

After the bout’s conclusion, we cut to the backstage area, where new IWF star Mark Copani is with Ashley Massaro.

Ashley: (Not realising the camera is on) You’re looking good, Mark. I didn’t like you in that turban.

Mark: Yeah, it’s good to be able to be myself finally.

Someone behind the camera clears their throat, and Ashley leaps to attention.

Ashley: I’m here with the latest addition to the IWF roster, Mark Copani. Mark, you’ve been given a match up against Johnny Smith to prove you’re worthy of a place on the IWF roster. How do you feel?

Mark: I feel vindicated, Ashley. I slaved and toiled for Vince McMahon and his evil empire, and all it ever got me was a few squash matches at the hands of talentless young guns and old men too greedy to quit while they’re ahead. Now I have to earn my place, and that’s fine by me. I’m not here to make friends, nor am I here to make money. I’m here for two reason: to do what I love to do, and to make sure that Vince McMahon pays for every career he’s ruined with his arrogance and stupidity. Johnny Smith vs. Mark Copani, tonight – mark it down. You will witness history, as Mark Copani makes his first step towards leading the IWF to victory! (Pop)

The crowd boos as Johnny Smith makes his way out, the smug Englishman not giving the crowd any love as he struts out and awaits Copani’s arrival. The newest IWF star gets a warm reception as he comes out for a career defining bout.

Mark Copani vs. Johnny Smith for an IWF Contract

The two men tie up, and right away the crowd are on the back of Copani, letting him know that they’re on his side. He seems to thrive on some positive reinforcement, getting the upper hand with a knee to the midsection and a brutal kick to the jaw. He immediately attempts to lock Smith in a Camel Clutch, but the wily veteran is able to squirm to the ropes before any damage is done. As Copani attempts to drag him to his feet, Smith retaliates with an elbow to the jaw, and then rakes Copani’s eyes. As Copani stumbles blindly backwards, he’s levelled with a big clothesline, before Smith attempts to lock him in a figure four leg lock. The crowd again rally behind Copani, and he’s able to kick his way out of the hold.

The match continues in this fashion, Copani dominant with his intensity, but Smith able to remain in contention through the use of painful submission holds and subtle cheating. The end comes with Copani in firm control, and the fans chanting for him as he does so. He whips Smith hard into the corner and, as he stumbles out, hits him with a brutal clothesline. As he staggers to his feet, Copani pounces, STO! Cover, 1-2-3! Copani just earned himself a permanent spot on the IWF roster.

O: 75 C: 73 M: 78

The fans chant for Copani as he celebrates his triumph on the top turnbuckle, before we cut backstage. The fans pop as we see Diamond Dallas Page warming up. The pop doubles when Scott Hall comes in, customary toothpick in his mouth, and his wrestling gear ready.

Hall: Hey, yo. (Pop) You about ready, chica?

Page: You bet I am, Hall. Where’s…

Hall: Our partner? He’ll be here in a second

The fans pop crazy as the Stinger enters the frame, slaps Hall on the back, and does a Flair-esque ‘woo’ to psyche his team up.

Sting: Are we all ready?

Hall: Sure thing.

Sting: Tonight, we teach those cheating sons of guns a lesson. We’re going to win, and we’re going to win clean. No interference from lackeys, no tantrums, and certainly no attacking from behind. It’s not a real win if we don’t earn it, right?

Hall: It’s cool

Page: You’re preaching to the converted, Stinger.

Sting: Alright, let’s do this!

The fans boo as the heel teaming of Raven, Lex Luger, and Scott Steiner come out to Raven’s music. They seem cocky and confident, high fiving and giving the crowd sass as they come out. The face team enter to Sting’s music, and the ovation is tremendous.

Sting, Diamond Dallas Page, & Scott Hall vs. Scott Steiner, Lex Luger, & Raven

Things start out in a big brawl, with Hall going straight for Luger, and the Stinger launching himself at Raven. By process of elimination, Steiner and Page pair off as they battle gets underway. Soon Luger finds himself outside, cactus clotheslined by Hall. Raven is likewise sent packing by Sting, who back drops him over the top after ducking a clothesline. Steiner scores a small victory for his team when he hits a series of clotheslines on Page and sends him over the top rope. The bell rings, and it looks like Steiner will start things off against Hall. The two basically do some old school brawling, with Steiner in control with his clotheslines and occasional suplexes. He manages to isolate Hall, tagging in Luger to continue his work. It’s more of the same from Luger, although he does get adventurous and hit a leg drop that gets some heat from the Hogan fans. He again tags out, and this time it’s Raven in. He mixes things up a little, his brawling occasionally intermingled with stuff like a drop toe hold to the corner post, and a sly headshot with Luger’s International Title while the referee is trying to keep Sting and Page out of the ring. He tags to Luger, who covers, but somehow Hall is able to kick out!

The fans chant as Hall manages to duck a clothesline, and retaliate with one of his own. Both men are down, but Luger is first to the corner, tagging Steiner back in. He grabs a struggling Hall by the ankle and drags him back into the ring, dropping elbows onto him and taunting Sting. The Stinger takes offence, and ignores the ref’s calls for calm as he enters the ring and hits an old school chop on Steiner. Steiner retaliates with a blow, and soon they’re brawling. Meantime, Hall has managed to recover, and as Sting is ushered back to his corner – Hall is able to hit a big time spinebuster on Steiner. He is finally able to make a tag, and Page comes in. He immediately begins to lay into Steiner, but a blind tag is made, and Raven slows things down when he trips Page over and then locks in a Boston crab. Page is in trouble, but Hall is able to come across and break up the submission – getting a belly to belly suplex for his troubles (from Steiner). The fans are chanting for Sting as Raven continues to work on Page, never allowing him to get near his corner. Eventually he tires of beating on him and tags in Steiner, and the domination continues, Page subjected to a Steiner Recliner. He fights valiantly, and is eventually saved by Hall’s timely interference. Hall is quickly sent packing by Raven, however, and it’s up to Page to fend for himself. Steiner whips him hard and looks for a clothesline, but Page ducks under. DIAMOND CUTTER! Page hits his finisher, but he’s too exhausted to capitalise. Both men are crawling towards their corners, and it’s Page who gets to his first!

The Stinger is in! The Stinger is in! He rushes over to cut Steiner’s escape off, and Steiner pleads with him – Sting won’t have any of it, lifting Steiner up and whipping him hard before hitting a back elbow. He goes old school with some slaps, and then whips him into the corner. STINGER SPLASH! Page is in the ring, and treats Steiner to his second Diamond Cutter of the evening. Luger comes across, but is cut off by Hall, who hits the Outsider Edge! Raven, for his part, drops down off the apron and begins to leave. Sting covers Steiner. 1-2-3! It’s over, and Raven was having no part of it.

O: 80 C: 83 M: 74

The show goes off air with Raven staring balefully down at the ring, at the men who just defeated his team. He shakes his head in disdain as Luger and Steiner ask what went on.

Card Rundown (Card quality 78%)

Mark Copani Debuts – 96%

Bryan Danielson def Terry Funk – 69%

Hart Makes a Match: 81%

Charlie Haas def Abyss: 70%

Gail Kim def Aja Kong: 67%

The Naturals def Team Canada: 75%

Vampiro def Sabu: 79%

Mark Copani Interview: 84%

Mark Copani def Johnny Smith: 75%

Segment with Sting, Page, and Hall: 81%

Sting, Page, and Hall def Luger, Steiner, and Raven: 80%

Edited by chriswalkerbush

IPB Image

Friday November 4th, 2005

William Kidd vs. Raven in the World Title Tournament

It's the first semi final on the way to deciding who will face off for the world title, and Raven will most definitely go in as a favourite for this one. Will BG James be at ringside?

Lex Luger defends his International Title against none other than Ken Shamrock!

Mark Copani has his first 'official' IWF match as he takes on Big Poppa Pomp, Scott Steiner

AJ Styles and Jamie Gibson lock horns once more, we'll see Bob Sapp in action against Abyss, Sting up against Mongo Vyle, and Charlie Haas gets his chance at revenge against Jason Swinger for his interference at IWF Inception.

Battlefront may be the flagship, but Carnage won't be forgotten. Tune in this week to see what happens next in the war for wrestling dominance!

• 1 year later...