Jurassic Park

The One Bad Ass Outlaw

Seriously, how awesome are these films? I bought the Ultimate Collection a couple of days ago and have yet to watch the Extra Features disc, but after watching the Trilogy I just had to rant on about how fantabulous these movies are.

For me, the original is the best. All of the characters were memorable, especially Muldoon and Malcolm, and even the dodgy sub-plot (man hates kids, man saves kids from dinosaurs, man loves kids) doesn't hurt it.

The Lost World was a disappointment. I felt Malcolm's character had changed too much (his daughter needn't have been involved), and the T-Rex running rampant through San Diego, while exciting to watch, just stretched realism too far.

Jurassic Park III (could they not have thought of a better title?) for me, is probably the second best of the trilogy. Again, children in peril are involved, but this time, the kid is vital to the story, and isn't as annoying which the other three children to feature in the trilogy are. The super-duper intelligent Velociraptor were slightly unbelievable at times - I can handle them setting a trap to catch extra prey, but the 'raptor acting as if he's a dead specimen in a tank seems a bit silly to me. And, how did Ellie get hold of the army and navy, and manage to convince them that there were actually people in Isla Sorna? Fishy, but still, I rate this as better than the Lost World.

Can't wait to watch the Special Features disc later on...man, I love dinosaurs. Share your opinions on these awesome-tastic movies.

I always liked the first movie the best, very exciting and special effectsy for it's time. I enjoyed the books WAY better(I think there are only 2), and if memory serves me right they didn't have the T-Rex running rampant in LA. They also left out these dinosaurs that were carnivores that could camoflauge, but oh well. Books are definately a good read if you ever get the chance.

Yaaar, I love the books and for me they are like a LOTR fanatic where I have to read them every year again.

The problem with the Lost World for me was trhat they went way too far from the books with only a couple of bits coming up from the book but yeah the San Diego bit was pointless and I very quickly lost interest after they caught the rex, shoulda saved it for a sequal if they were ever planning on doing one.

As for 3, I found it tough to handle since they just seemd to rehash two scenes from the first book and tried to base most of the film around them. It'll always be hard to compare them though since the first was so amazing anyway.

Oh and Lex & Tim were better then any of the other kids by a long way...

I enjoyed the books WAY better(I think there are only 2), and if memory serves me right they didn't have the T-Rex running rampant in LA. They also left out these dinosaurs that were carnivores that could camoflauge, but oh well.

The books are fantastic reading, and are suitably different from the films to warrent new interest, if you ask me. The chameleon dinosaurs you mentioned were Carnotaurs, but I think Crichton took a bit of creative liscence on that one.

The first film is the only good one, in my opinion. The second one was just too far removed from the books for me, and I just couldn't enjoy the third one at all. I no like seeing T-Rex being bitchslapped >_>

Oh and Lex & Tim were better then any of the other kids by a long way...

Agreed, although all of the kids bugged the fuck out of me :P

Edited by Kaneanite

The books are considerably better than the films, but I think The Lost World is a lot better than people give it credit for. I think it works a lot better if you watch it as a modern retelling of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, rather than a sequel to Jurassic Park or as an adaptation of Crichton's book of the same name.

Guest NYJetFan86

the first movie was my favorite didnt really care for the 2nd and the 3rd was too fake plus i didnt like the feathers on the heads of the raptors in JP3. i love the original book more than the movies and i hope the 4th movie ends up being more like the story told in the 1st book

I enjoyed the books WAY better(I think there are only 2), and if memory serves me right they didn't have the T-Rex running rampant in LA. They also left out these dinosaurs that were carnivores that could camoflauge, but oh well.

The books are fantastic reading, and are suitably different from the films to warrent new interest, if you ask me. The chameleon dinosaurs you mentioned were Carnotaurs, but I think Crichton took a bit of creative liscence on that one.

The books were great.

I saw films 1 and 2 in the cinema and enjoyed JP2 until the T-Rex ran rampant in the city at which point I decided to head to the toilet and relieve myself cos I'd been needing to for a while.

Stupid city-action. KEEP IT ON THE ISLAND!

Guest NYJetFan86

my favorite part of the 2nd movie was when T-Rex is in someones pool and a kid goes into his parents room and says "Mommy, Mommy theres a dinosaur in our pool" and the kids parents tell him to go back to sleep