Battle Royale Returns

NobBe Nobbs

Booyah! Jimmy Jacobs' claims his first scalp, but did you have to hobble the Hussmeister? His berserker boots better do the trick.

And Helms to? And Hero? Are you trying to break my spirit this early? :P

As always, an awesome update. The tension is palpable

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to thank you for making this the most successful topic I've had in, well...ever, as a matter of fact, but now I'd like you guys to do something for me.

Some of you have already thrown your hat in behind someone, so we'll just expand that. On the current performances tell me:

1) Who's going to be in the final four?

2) Who's going to get the most kills?

3) Which character has been written best so far, and that you'd to see more of?

And 4) Who's going to be the surprise package here?

Chris Masters, Jimmy Jacobs, Homicide, and Sabu

Homicide

I like what you've done with Jacobs, Homicide, and Eddie. Eddie has been great, actually.

HUSS?

Samoa Joe, Roderick Strong, Homicide, and for good measures Rob Black

Jimmy Jacobs

3) Which character has been written best so far, and that you'd to see more of? Jimmy Jacobs, but wants some Samoa Joe

Rob Feinstein or Vince McMahon

Rob Black, Jimmy Jacobs, Homicide, Sabu

Maff

Best Written: Homicide, Maff, Nova, and RVD

More Of: Homicide, Jacobs and Helms

Jimmy "Master of the HUSS!" "Child of the 80s" "I'm a babyface damn it!" Jacobs

Mirko Cro Cop, Roderick Strong, Homicide, and for good measures Jimmy Jacobs

Jimmy Jacobs or Cro Cop

3) Which character has been written best so far, and that you'd to see more of? Jimmy Jacobs. I like Strong's as well.

Guest J_Lethal

Homicide, Eddie G, Mirko, Matt Hardy for some reason.

Mirko Cro Cop

3) Which character has been written best so far, and that you'd to see

more of?

Homicide

4) Who's going to be the surprise package here?

I dont really understand the question....but Ill say RVD

1) Who's going to be in the final four?:Homicide,Rob Black,Sabu,Jimmy Jacobs

2) Who's going to get the most kills?:Homicide

3) Which character has been written best so far, and that you'd to see more of?:Eddie Guerrero

And 4) Who's going to be the surprise package here?:Rob Feinstein

Nice update, and once again it's proven that you can't beat the Masterpiece :P

Seriously, good suspence and I liked the Doug Williams/Jimmy Jacobs encounter. I'm not really into Jacobs as much as some, but he's ok. Blue Meanie has been pretty cool so far, and there are so many people left that haven't done anything. It's great.

Keep up the good work (Y)

That is probably the biggest problem I'm having here; trying to get everyone involved in the story somewhere without resorting to kill sprees. However, I do have roles for certain people, and they'll feature prominently throughout the story.

I'd answer your questions ZeMapper but with the way your writing it's pretty unpredictable.

And believe me thats a good thing. Keep it up (Y)

0400-0500

Hour 5, Day 1

Since the beginning of the crazed game, Samoa Joe’s mind had been on autopilot. As savage and vicious as he was painted, he had been telling the truth – he couldn’t kill a man, no matter what the circumstances. The random weapons had been kind to him, as he’d been given a pair of lead pipes to use. One of them he held; the other he had stuffed into his right boot. If he did encounter someone who was intent on playing the game, he could at least incapacitate them before they did any more damage.

But then, it was difficult to know who was playing the game at all. There were guys he knew well, like Roderick Strong and Jimmy Jacobs, and he could be certain they weren’t about to start killing. But there were plenty of others who didn’t know so well, and they could be targets. The question in their case was - would they start playing the game under pressure?

And there were those who were just unknown factors all round. There had already been plenty of gunshots, and three kills at that. His plan was clear; he had to find someone he could trust and convince them to form an alliance with him, but from there on in, it went fuzzy. All he knew for certain was that, somehow, someway, he was going to get to the black-suited bastard and make him suffer.

---

He had said that there would be other targets, and another target there certainly was. Devon Storm clicked the safety catch off his AK – there was someone nearby who obviously didn’t care about being stealthy anymore, as he was shouting ‘FINISH ME!’

Much obliged.

---

Supreme cursed his bad luck. The whole point of being in this hellhole was to do some killing, and he’d been given a tranquiliser rifle. The best that could do was knock a guy out, and even then, the only way they’d die was being caught in a danger zone.

But things had certainly looked up since then. He’d caught Val Venis running somewhere, and tagged him with a dart in the back, then dragged him off to a nearby shack. All the while smiling demonically, he’d tied up Val and left him – taking his harpoon gun as well. Now, Val was awake and staring into the eyes of Death himself.

‘What am I doing here?’ asked Val. Supreme smiled wider, and raised the gun.

‘You’re going to die.’

Even as Supreme trained the harpoon at him, Val caught something in the corner of his eye – something bright. Val turned his head and felt another stab of terror lance through him. Supreme faltered, seeing Val turn, and he too looked around.

The shack was on fire.

---

Tito Ortiz was one of the few Ultimate Fighting Championship members whose name had permeated into the public’s consciousness. He had a reputation as being one of the best Ultimate Fighters ever to step into the Octagon, along with Mirko Cro Cop, whom Tito regarded as being his most dangerous enemy in this entire contest. And what had he been given as a weapon?

A first-aid kit. A fucking first-aid kit. How the fuck can I kill someone with a first-aid kit?

He’d abandoned the kit a couple of minutes after leaving the building. The biggest benefit, of course, of being a fighter of his calibre was that he didn’t need weapons. Having something lethal would have made winning so much easier.

Mirko was on board. He’d made an agreement that if they ever faced one another, they’d fight without weapons. Tito wasn’t intended to honour his part of the deal, but Mirko had gone along willingly.

Idiot.

---

Supreme felt a jolt of adrenaline blaze into his system. He raised the harpoon gun again, turning to the door. He pushed at it, but the door refused to open; there was something outside jamming it shut. Breathing in smoke, Supreme charged shoulder-first at the door, but it stood fast. He tried again, already feeling his strength ebb away, and the door buckled.

The deadly smoke began to seep out, but Supreme’s body had nothing left to give. He collapsed, unconscious. A moment or two later, so did Val.

James Storm, his face covered by a piece of cloth, ran into the shack. He threw the two kitbags out into the open, then looked at Val. Stuffing the cloth into his pocket, Storm grabbed his legs and began to haul the prone body outside. The fire spread to the rest of the shack, and Storm closed the door.

---

Together, Chris Masters and Bubba Ray Dudley dragged a tied-up Shane Helms into a back alley. Masters had already looted Shane’s kitbag; stealing his ammunition, his food, his water, even his map. Without his map, it wouldn’t be long before Shane wandered into a danger zone and die nastily.

Masters could help an evil laugh, but he didn’t want to. He had Bubba Ray eating out of the palm of his hand, he had a gun.

In that moment, the odds on Masters shot up.

---

Sshhk…

The tiny sound stopped Tito dead in his tracks. He knew that sound very well – it was the sound of a switchblade sliding into place. Slowly, he turned around, shocked at the sight of who held it.

‘What’s your weapon?’ drawled Matt Hardy. Tito held his hands out.

‘I don’t have one.’ A sick smile crept across Hardy’s face, and Tito surreptitiously lowered his centre of gravity. Right on cue, Hardy lunged with the knife. Tito twisted away, feeling the knife graze his side, then threw a hard punch. His knuckles connected with Hardy’s temple, and he reeled away. Tito put his hand to his side, and felt blood.

Instantly, the adrenaline spiked into his mind. He kicked Hardy in the gut, then followed up with a knee into the face. Breathing heavily, Tito dropped onto his knees and started to pummel Hardy’s face and neck with his fists. Hardy’s guard began to weaken, as his consciousness slipped away.

Tito stood up, looking at his fallen enemy. Slowly, he raised the switchblade.

Seconds later, he was writhing in pain. His skin shone blue, and his every nerve felt like they were on fire. The pain subsided for a moment, then it was back and bigger than ever. Tito stared, unseeingly, into the eyes of his tormentor. Dan Maff’s grin knew no bounds as this time, he picked up the switchblade.

In that second, Tito realised his foolishness, his arrogance. The blade arced down, and Tito knew no more.

36 Wrestlers Remaining

0500-0600

Hour 6, Day 1

Frankie Kazarian was exhausted and nearly dead from blood loss, but he kept screaming out. He’d completely given up on any hope of surviving, and right now, all he cared about was dying, and making as big a mess as he could. Right on cue, he heard the click of a gun.

‘What was it you said?’ asked Devon Storm, in a mocking tone of voice. ‘“Finish me?”’ Frankie pulled once at his collar, but Storm was so engrossed in making him suffer, he didn’t notice until it was too late.

The explosives packed into the metal device detonated in unison, blowing Frankie Kazarian to pieces. Devon Storm was thrown back into a wall from the shockwave, his AK broken and bent, covered with blood. He looked down at the headless corpse, blood still pouring out, and he screamed.

---

Homicide threw himself to the ground as the shot blasted over his head.

FUCK! THEY’RE FUCKING WAITING FOR ME!

‘Check it,’ he heard someone say, followed by a light footfall. Scrambling to his feet, Homicide pressed himself as flat against the wall as he could, readying the sickle. The twin barrels of a shotgun poked out from the door, followed by a body. A torch flicked on, and Homicide tensed up, the beam flickering about.

Screaming a kiai, Homicide lunged with the sickle. Both the shotgun and the torch flew his way, dazzling him, but the sickle was already too far gone to be stopped. The sharp point buried into the soft skin of the man’s stomach, and roaring with rage, Homicide wrenched it back. Blood poured from the open wound, and the man’s strength disappeared. The shotgun clattered noisily to the floor, and Homicide bent to pick it up.

---

Mirko idly spun the Python on his finger. Of all the men in the battle, he had undisputedly the best chances of winning; he had a map for staying out of the danger zones, he had the Colt Python for killing and he had a tracking device for staying away from anyone particularly hostile. But right now, he was on the hunt.

One of the green crosses blinked on the screen, then went out altogether. Mirko saw it, but didn’t care – his attention was on the cross marked ‘J.C. Ice’. The man himself was in sight, with what looked like a broom slung over his shoulder. Quietly, Mirko cocked the pistol. Ice stopped, looking around, and Mirko took aim.

At the very instant Mirko pulled the trigger, Ice turned. The bullet roared past his head, and Ice snapped into a combat mode. In his heart, he knew that a broom would have no chance against a pistol, but if by some miracle he could get a hit, it might be enough to let him make his escape.

Then the second bullet tore into his neck. Ice’s nerves spasmed, and he collapsed to the ground. He was still clinging barely to life, but the electricity to his brain was quickly running out. The last thing he ever saw was the image of an unsmiling Mirko Cro Cop pointing the pistol at his head.

---

Rob Black had been in plenty of sticky situations before. Trials because of Extreme Associates, death threats from the many men he’d screwed over in the past, you name it. But never had he been facing death as certain as he did now.

And yet, he didn’t care. He didn’t care that his enemies were out to get him, he didn’t care that he was going to die. He’d known for years that sooner or later, his decisions were going to catch up with him, and now they had. At least he’d survived this long, and who knew – maybe he’d survive longer. His bullet-proof vest was undoubtedly going to be useful.

He had no idea just how useful.

---

Bubba Ray Dudley dropped his metal nightstick, and it fell to the floor. The fallen Chris Masters was nothing more than a corpse now, and it amused Bubba to see him like this. The old adage had turned out to be true, after all.

All brawn…no brains

Convincing Masters to help him subdue Shane Helms was far, far easier than Bubba had expected, but Masters, for all his strength, was nothing more than a kid.

Bubba picked up the Beretta.

A kid who was scared.

Bubba cocked the pistol

A kid who needed an ally.

Bubba aimed.

…a kid who was dead.

Bubba pulled the trigger.

32 Wrestlers Remaining