Talk Zero Out of Buying an XBox 360

zero

Alright, I'm getting dangerously close to going back on my pledge to never buy launch hardware, but the 360 is really appealing to me for some odd reason. Probably because of the possibility of a new Shadowrun game on the horizon. I've got this weird feeling in my head that if I don't buy one now, I'll never get one, which is silly. So talk me out of it, and give me good reasons why.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first, I'm sure any MGS will eventually get ported over to the XBox. But that's really a non-issue with me, the PS3 is a definite purchase no matter what. Sony hasn't let me down yet with their systems, so... better reason LL!

The truth is I'm saddened at the fact that I can't find any real reasons not to purchase a 360 other than its utter rush to get it out on the market first... :( I'm finding less reasons to get it myself and I swore not to to get it also... I WANT SAINT'S ROW DAMNIT!

The truth is I'm saddened at the fact that I can't find any real reasons not to purchase a 360 other than its utter rush to get it out on the market first... :( I'm finding less reasons to get it myself and I swore not to to get it also... I WANT SAINT'S ROW DAMNIT!

You're not helping! Condemned, PD0, the highest quality version of Tomb Raider: Legend (which is supposed to be the saving grace of the series), Crackdown, Fable 2... grrrrrrrrrrr fucking Microsoft and their clever business strategies.

You're not helping! Condemned, PD0, the highest quality version of Tomb Raider: Legend (which is supposed to be the saving grace of the series), Crackdown, Fable 2... grrrrrrrrrrr fucking Microsoft and their clever business strategies.

Not to mention Halo 3 and Splinter Cell 4 (Splinter Cell has always been better on XBOX). :shifty:

I wouldn't get one at launch. In the UK at least, Microsoft are telling retailers that the Xmas release is a 'soft launch', with the proper full-on launch coming in Easter 2006. There'll be a hardware shortage because of the rush to get it out before Xmas. I might get one around the time of Halo 3, but there's nothing in the launch line-up that would make me want to spend an outlandish amount of money on it - sure, there's good games, but they'll still be there in the future, and there's still plenty of good stuff coming out for existing systems for Xmas and beyond. Heck, you can probably get about 3 or 4 older games that have slipped under the radar for the price of 1 360 game.

- The stuff shown in the original pictures for the X-Box 360 has been proven to be wishful thinking, and the real screenshots of the launch titles for the 360 aren't so much better than X-Box's original stuff that it's worth it to buy it immediately

-The launch titles are never worth buying a system for it

-By the alleged Easter 2006 major launch- more games will be out then, and by then Microsoft will have probably realized that their "split offering" of the deluxe X-Box 360 and the stripped down value one is a terrible decision

-Buying video game systems at launch makes Baby L.Ron Hubbard cry.

Not to mention Perfect Dark Zero.

I was going to try and talk you out of it, but I can't really think of anything bad to say.

I'll probably get the 360 for Christmas, it really does look awesome compared to the PS3 and Rev. And that's from someone who got a PS2, got bored, got a Gamecube, got bored and got an Xbox and was never bored again.

I just hope Big Willy makes sure he has the best graphics again (well, I think technically the GC had better graphics than the Xbox, but the smaller disk meant less music and other cool stuff like that). So er yeah...come on 360, don't let me down. >_<

Although in it's defense, Sony are smart bastards for getting the GTA games years before anyone else. I just wish I'd waited for San Andreas to come out on Xbox with the better graphics and additional content, etc. :(

And Halo 3, no matter what happens in it, will rock my socks off, even if it's the worst game since Leisure Suit Larry.

Guest clintcasey

Speaking of Grand Theft Auto Playstation is still going to have first dibs on the game series going into the next generation before the others get it.

Now one of the selling points of the X-box is how it can interface with windows so you can share files between your computer and your X-box 360, but it will only work if the PC its getting data from runs on windows XP. If your PC is older than that your SOL on this feature. (I'm a Linux user myself and wouldn't touch windows with a 10 foot pole). However Playstation 3 has the same potential capabilites. PS3's OS that comes with the hard drive is linux baised, which means not only is it capable to getting files from an XP machine, but its also able to pull files from a linux box.

PS3, even with the rumered processing power loss that the initial launch systems might have, will still out perform X-box 360.

The new Ninja Gaiden is comming to Playstation 3

Playstaion 3 can handle up to 7 wireless devises on one machine where as 360 can only handle about 4. (hey you never know when that extra controler can come in handy right?)

Playstation 3 is approximatly going to launch around april or may which is less than six months from now.

If you look at the tech specs, PS3 out performs 360 on every technicle level. Its literaly up to the game designers to make games that can realy push the hardware to its potential, the same can be said for 360, but it'll be alot easier to max out a 360 and than PS3 so Playstation still has a little more room to continue improving graphicly than X-box 360 has.

All that said 360 is a damn good system, one of the original GTA creators has gone about creating a very GTA esque game that IGN described as "Being like GTA, but not GTA" so who knows that might turn out well. Right now though I'm not going to have the money to buy an X-box 360 for some time, and to be honest with the ressession moving in the luanch date for both of these systems could not have come at worse time and alot of people probably arn't going to have money to buy either system right away. Infact the up comming ressession the oil companies are going to put us threw will probably be Nintendo's saving grace.

Well, it looks like I'm breaking down and going against one of my ultimate commandments... it looks like I'll be buying a 360 at launch. I've been swept up in the hype and with all the scratch I got for my birthday, it's either iPod or XBox and it looks like Bill Gates is winning this one.

EDIT

And comparing it to the PS3 doesn't do anything for me because I'm going to get a PS3 anyway. Definitely not at launch though because it's going to be ridiculously expensive, plus there's rumors of Sony pushing the launch back to the fall of 06.

Edited by Zero

I've got a big reason: I'm convinced the shit won't work after six months time. That shit happened to my XBox. So, while Microsoft should have it fixed, I still think it won't be an efficient system for the long term.

Or, I could say it'll fail like the Dreamcast, but that's just something I think for now.

Launch hardware is definitely a concern for me, which is why I haven't gone out and thrown down the $400 already.

But to think it will go the way of the Dreamcast is just silly. The 360 is selling out all over the place already.

Zero. You have no chance. Even me, Nintendo fanboy for life, as once said by Kraigy, cannot talk you out of getting an X-Box 360. However, if you don't get the Premium package, then I can think of plenty of reasons to talk you out of getting the Core package.