• Cardinals in 4
    • Cardinals in 5
    • Cardinals in 6
    • Cardinals in 7
    • Astros in 4
    • Astros in 5
    • Astros in 6
    • Astros in 7
  4. 4. Which manager do you trust the most in a big situation?

• Mike Scioscia
    • Ozzie Guillen
    • Tony Larussa
    • Phil Garner
  5. 5. Which closer do you trust the most?

• Francisco Rodriguez
    • Bobby Jenks
    • Jason Isringhausen
    • Brad Lidge
  6. 6. Is your interest diminished now that Yanks and Red Sox are out?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Who'll win a World Series first?

• Chicago Cubs (1908)
    • Chicago White Sox (1917)
    • Cleveland Indians (1948)
    • San Francisco Giants (1954)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue what that whole fiasco was over in the 8th inning...I mean, I know he didn't go full-swing, but the damn fall was barely an inch over the bat when he half-swung. That was a strike, I can see it being questionable but that was a friggin' strike.

I mean, what the hell would you call it had the ball curved that one inch down and he hit it? A bunt? The umpire made the right call as far as I could see, so don't know why they had to do the play over.

Either way though, I can understand why Edmonds would be pissed and argue the call.

EDIT: 'STROS WIN AGAIN BABY, DOUBLE PLAY!!! WOOOOOHOOO!! ^_^

Edited by Norris Scott

I'm disappointed by the Angels being eliminated, but it feels good to know that the ChiSox made it to the World Series on the backs of El Duque and Jose Contreras. I can't wait until tomorrow when Yankee "fans" start ripping Cashman and Co. for getting rid of those two for Jaret Wright and Carl Pavano :D

This White Sox team impressed the hell out of me. They did everything right, Yeah, they got a few breaks but they took advantage of them, that's what the good teams do. They did it against Boston and did it to the Angels. Anaheim got a break by the umpire allowing that run to score on Figgns' double but didn't get a run out of it. On the other hand, the Sox get that call of the Pierzynski grounder rightly reversed and and they got the go ahead run out of it. They made the most of every situation. And their pitching, that is how they built that 15 game lead up in the first place. Great pitching and playing smart, fundememtally sound baseball. Joe Buck made a real interesting point, the White Sox went to Anaheim for those middle three games and didn't make a single subsitution and I think only made two for the whole series. Pulling Contreas in Game 1 and having Osuna pinch running in Game 2. Weird. I gained a lot of respect for Ozzie Guillen in this series. I'm wondering what the hell happened to K-Rod. He pretty choked out there which is weird considering all the experience he has in the post season.

And I think it's sorta odd that everyone piled on A-Rod for being a choke artist and yet the hcak jock job by Vladimir Guerrero has gone unnoticed. He went 1 for 20 in the ALCS to finish the post season hitting .184 (7/38) with 1 RBI and is just a .184 career post season hitter with one home run and 7 RBI. Yet, while A-Rod is a career .305 post season hitter with 6 homers and 16 RBI. But I guess it''s just fun to make fun of the Yankees.

No sooner had I entered my vote [Astros in 5] then Berkman hit a three-run home run to make it 4-2 'Stros in the bottom of the 7th.

GO 'STROS.

I was screaming my fucking throat raw, that was AWESOME!

Fuck I love my team...GO 'STROS GO! KICK THEIR ASS, WE'VE ALMOST MADE IT BOYS!!

OH FOR FUCK'S...LIDGE, GOD DAMN IT WHAT THE HELL >_<!!!!

Pujols should have never even made it to the plate...God damn it, it really seemed like Lidge just choked out there...ugh

And that's that...ugh, we're going back to St. Louis.

Damn it, we were so damn close to putting this away too...

I can't belive Byung-Hyun Lidge :shifty: blew that one. I would not be shocked to see this one go 7 and the Cards take it in a blowout.

If that happens I'll cry.

I'll seriously cry and curse Brad Lidge's name time after time again. We've made it so fucking close to the World Series how many times now? Tonight could-have been our night, and Lidge dropped the ball.