Boy Who Lost Foul Ball to Man Gets Gifts

sahyder1

I think people are making a bigger deal out of this then it should have been. My little cousin had almost the same thing happen to him, and he got absolutely nothing. No one complained and bitched, and his mom didnt whore him out on Good Morning America either.

I think people are making a bigger deal out of this then it should have been. My little cousin had almost the same thing happen to him, and he got absolutely nothing. No one complained and bitched, and his mom didnt whore him out on Good Morning America either.

well good for you, your cousin and his mom. What's wrong is wrong. Just because a compalint isn't made doesn't make it right and not going after that guy doesn't make you above everyone else either.

What he did was wrong, but it never should have gotten this much publicity. Me and my dad are now going to go the the game so he can push me out of the way of a foul ball so that I can get alot of baseballs and bats.

This reminds me of that red soxs fan that caught the ball at that playoff game or whatever. He did what was instinctive for him to do as 90% of the people would do.

I have yet to see the video, but I am fairly certain by the time he found out what happened(Him knocking the kid over) it was to late not to be the most hated man in the park.

This reminds me of that red soxs fan that caught the ball at that playoff game or whatever.  He did what was instinctive for him to do as 90% of the people would do. 

I have yet to see the video, but I am fairly certain by the time he found out what happened(Him knocking the kid over) it was to late not to be the most hated man in the park.

1) it was the Cubs

2) He gives the kid the ball right there and there's no controversy. Instead he chose to go on camera and deny he did anything wrong.

Guest Hurricane

The only time I saw the movie clip was on Pardon the Interruption. Personally, if it was my kid that was kicked, that guy would have gotten his ass whooped.

But, since it wasn't, he deserved to get nationally humiliated. I mean, how lucky can you be if Michael Wilbon calls you "Mister Sweatstain" on more than one occasion?

The guy got humiliated nationally, and the little kid got a bunch of expensive memoribillia, his ball back, and a letter of apology. Everything worked out fine.

That pisses me off. Something like that happened to me once but instead a little boy's father took the ball away from me and no one said a word. I was fucking pissed. Story Time boys and girls come join.

For those of you who don't know my favorite player is Ivan Rodriguez. So I was in PNC park during batting practice 2 years ago. It was Rangers vs Pirates. I was standing in center field waiting for pudge to get up and hopefully get a ball hit by him. So next to me was a kid and his dad. This kid kept asking one of the rangers to give him a ball, it was a different player everytime. The kid ended up getting like 8 balls or so. I didn't care until pudge got up. Now the dad should be smart enough to know I was a pudge fan because I was wearing a fucking Pudge Jersey! So a ball is hit to a player in center. I ask the guy for the ball but he gives it to the kid. Then another ball was hit out there and the player goes to throw me the ball and the fucking father reaches right in fucking front of me and takes the ball then gives it to his son. I was so angry but I didn't say anything because I was shy. Pudge was done and I didn't get a ball and by this time the kid has like 6 fucking balls. So later a player throws me the ball again and the guy reaches infront and takes it away. This time he gives it to me and being the good human I am, I leave to give someone else a chance to get a ball instead of waiting around and taking 8 fucking balls. I felt so ripped off because I didn't catch the ball my self. I think when I got back to my seat I breifly said something to my dad but didn't rant about it. Because of that situation I had if I was in starr's shoes I don't know what I would have done.

Guest NYJetFan86

Even though the guy is giving the ball to the kid i still think the guy is a dick. This happens to alot of people in other sports besides baseball (mainly hockey) and what made this reach the news was the fact that this was a grown man knocking a 4 yr old boy to get a ball not about a fight over a ball which happens at almost every MLB game in every stadium throughout the country. The kid got gifts because the players (unlike the dick that went for the ball) have a heart and felt bad about what happened to the kid and wanted to make the kid feel happy. The guy deserved everything he got and i'm glad the guy had a change of heart and decided to do whats right and give the kid the ball which he would have gotten if this guy didnt knock the kid out of the way

This actually got shown on ITV news in the UK and that guy deserves all the flak he gets. There is no way he can pretend he didnt know what he had done until after the game, when a few thousand people are yelling at you it becomes fairly obvious. Good on the teams to give him the goodies he got.