Edited by Vitamin E

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goodoldHBK

Hmmm.. all face champions.

Hopefully, that will change soon.

Starting with the Renegade. If you stick with what actually happened, then at Fall Brawl, I won't be disappointed.

This is looking good, You seem to have everything set right, Except for a few small mistakes. Like I'm not sure if guys like Chavo, Konnan, Malenko, Eddie had debuted yet. I think Chavo and Konnan didn't come in WCW until early '96, And Eddie hadn't debut yet. I think he debuted against Alex Wright on the Fall Brawl '95 pre show. Malenko debuted sometime after that. Not sure though. Other than that, The Nasty Boys were faces as well as Alex Wright. And woman wasn't managing Benoit yet. Other than that, I didn't like you releasing Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater, Since they were tied in a storyline with Harlem Heat, And it basically makes the titles look like a joke to have the champions leave without dropping them. I'm interested in seeing what you'll do with the War Games match, If you'll bring in Luger and have him do the whole storyline with Savage and Sting. BTW, The Dungeon Of Doom team for War Games was Kamala, Zodiac, Shark, and Meng. With the stipulations being if Hogan won, Then he'd get The Taskmaster for five minutes. I'm also really interested if you'll reunite the Horsemen again.

I'm also looking forward to see how you'll do the early parts of the Monday night wars and what dirty tactics you'll use like Bischoff used to do. As for announcers, I'd definitely keep Bischoff at the table since that's when he'd talk trash about the WWF the most and mock their wrestlers.

This is looking good, You seem to have everything set right, Except for a few small mistakes. Like I'm not sure if guys like Chavo, Konnan, Malenko, Eddie had debuted yet. I think Chavo and Konnan didn't come in WCW until early '96, And Eddie hadn't debut yet. I think he debuted against Alex Wright on the Fall Brawl '95 pre show. Malenko debuted sometime after that. Not sure though. Other than that, The Nasty Boys were faces as well as Alex Wright. And woman wasn't managing Benoit yet. Other than that, I didn't like you releasing Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater, Since they were tied in a storyline with Harlem Heat, And it basically makes the titles look like a joke to have the champions leave without dropping them. I'm interested in seeing what you'll do with the War Games match, If you'll bring in Luger and have him do the whole storyline with Savage and Sting. BTW, The Dungeon Of Doom team for War Games was Kamala, Zodiac, Shark, and Meng. With the stipulations being if Hogan won, Then he'd get The Taskmaster for five minutes. I'm also really interested if you'll reunite the Horsemen again.

I'm also looking forward to see how you'll do the early parts of the Monday night wars and what dirty tactics you'll use like Bischoff used to do. As for announcers, I'd definitely keep Bischoff at the table since that's when he'd talk trash about the WWF the most and mock their wrestlers.

Edited by Vitamin E

1)I tried doing as much research I could on wrestlers that you named and a few others to see if they debuted or not, and some of them I couldnt find out when they debuted in WCW so I just left it so that it is like they debuted earlier in 1995. The ones that you mentioned might be filler talent, sort of like them being called up or something, ya know? Hopefully it isnt too big of a problem. I made some changes to make things more accurate with the information you provided as well.

Guest Lazy Slapnut

An interesting concept thus far, i've never watched WCW in '96 (i was more like a WWF fan), so this will be very interesting to see. I hope you use talented workers right, but then on the other hand, i think you should really keep in mind that it is 1996. Therefore, if i were you, i would use Hogan and those guys quite a lot. Of course, i can give a better opinion about this after you'll have the first show posted. I will likely reply then.

Good luck with this, man :)

IPB Image

September 4th, 1995 will mark one of the biggest dates in wrestling history. That day is the day when World Championship Wrestling will debut its prime time television show to directly compete with WWF's Monday Night Raw. The show name? Monday Nitro! Nitro will be airing five minutes prior to Raw and end much after it as well and it will be aired on TNT. The first Nitro is mostly a mystery, but there are two matches that have been confirmed already on WCW.com. Both matches are Tag Team Tournament matches to see who advances.

The first match is between Blue Blood members Lord Steven Regal and Squire David Taylor facing off against the rude, the crude, The Nasty Boys! A match sure to entertain with two men who think they know the finer points of living and with two men who don't give a crap how they live. The second match is between the American Males and The Faces Of Fear. A classica USA versus Foreigner match between two of WCW's best teams.

Along with those matches are other WCW wrestlers scheduled to appear. Among them are Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Sting, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, The Giant, Brian Pillman, and Diamond Dallas Page! Make sure to watch the debut of WCW Monday Nitro on the fourth and tell anyone and everyone you can!

Confirmed Card

The Blue Bloods -VS- The Nasty Boys

American Males -VS- The Faces Of Fear

---------------

OCC

Probably dont need to put this up, but I figured I would give you guys something to predict while you wait for the show.

really good backstory good detials on current storylines and that is number 1 to a good diary really hoping this one hangs around as i see it with a ton of promise and lets kill Hulkamania! lol but anyways looking forward to first show and good luck.

IPB Image

WCW Monday Nitro Debut-September 4th, 1995

Live from the Mall of America

The opening video for the very first Nitro started with fire running down a street with buildings on the side. Different camera angles were shown of the fire and the buildings. Various clips of WCW's main stars were shown against the building with fire now catching onto the buildings. Another shot of fire is shown running down the street, followed by a far view of the WCW Monday Nitro logo. The fire could be seen rushing towards the logo and then the logo burst into flames. The camera then rushed towards the logo, the circular opening of the 'R' to be exact, and fire covered the screen before the camera cut to the Mall of America, where tons of people were hanging around the fence-like barricades. No fancy pyros tonight. Only the camera getting different shots of the crowd and ring as we were welcomed to the show by the announcing team.

[Bischoff]

"Tonight is the biggest night not only in WCW, but in the entire wrestling world! Tonight is almost as big as the creation of Hulk Hogan! Tonight World Championship Wrestling comes to you from the Mall of America for the very first Nitro broadcast, and unlike the guys up North, WCW Nitro will be broadcast live every week! To my right is Larry Zbysko, the man who will help call all the action!"

[Zbysko]

"Thank you, Eric. But two men just can't cut it with WCW. That's why we have another man that will help call the action here, and he goes by the name of Bobby Heenan."

[Heenan]

"What's the matter with you Bischoff? The debut of Nitro and you can't introduce The Brain yourself? You have to have the stooge introduce me? What the hell are you being paid for?"

[Bischoff]

"I'm being paid to sit here next to you every week, and quite frankly I think I'm being under paid."

[Heenan]

"Why do you have to be so mean? I try being a sincere broadcast partner and you make jokes."

[Bischoff]

"Because you ARE a joke, Bobby. But be thankful that you're not as big of a joke as our little rivals. The one's that were so scared of Nitro debuting that they made sure they didn't go up against us tonight."

[Heenan]

"I don't blame them, Bisch. I would be scared and pee my pants if I had to go against myself on television too!

[Bischoff]

"Don't you already pee your pants?"

[Heenan]

"You can either make jokes, or do your real job instead of having me cover your ass."

[Bischoff]

"Yeah...If I could get a change of scenary I might actually be able to do my job."

[Zbysko]

"Cut it out you two. I'm out here to make the calls for the fans at home, not babysit you two. Now we can get onto business. The first match tonight is a round one match in the WCW Tag Team Championship tournament. Our former champions, Dick Slaytor and Bunkhouse Buck, were great champions but they lost the titles after a small controversy on WCW Saturday Night a few weeks back. What happened was when Slaytor was being pinned, his foot was on the ropes and the referee in the ring missed it. Another referee came out and things got out of control before the titles were declared vacant as a winner could not be crowned. Slaytor and Buck said that they weren't going to stand for the injustice after the match and they have not been seen on WCW programming since."

----------

Tag Team Championship Tournament Match

The Blue Bloods (Regal & Taylor) -VS- The Nasty Boys

Regal and Taylor had quite a hard time attacking The Nasty Boys, considering the weight difference. They double teamed a few times when the ref was distracted by Eaton or when a tag was made on their part, but Saggs and Knobbs weren't affected too much. After The Nasty's beat down on The Blue Blood's some more, they were able to get Taylor to fall victim to the Pit Stop. After that Saggs delivered a running powerslam to Taylor and Knobbs went to the middle rope. Regal ran over and started punching Knobbs, but Saggs grabbed him from behind. The ref tried breaking the three up and without him looking, Regal kicked back up into Saggs' groin. He then tossed him to the outside and helped Taylor up. Both men grabbed Knobbs and delivered a double superplex, followed by Regal locking in the Regal Stretch for the submission victory.

[Heenan]

"Come on! How can those two advance? They shouldn't have even been allowed to be in the match! If they are so much better than us, then why do they want to waste their time winning U.S. titles?"

[Bischoff]

"Bobby, you need to try thinking before you speak. If they win tag titles, then they can just prove how much better than any other team in WCW is. And another thing. Would you rather have fat slobs like The Nasty Boys advancing and putting other people's faces in their armpits?"

[Heenan]

"Yeah...Get rid of The Blue Bloods and advance The Nasty Boys. All Knobbs and Saggs want to do is give samples of their cologne out. O' De Nasty."

[Zbysko]

"I'm guessing you are their top and only consumer of that product."

Winners-The Blue Bloods via Submission

Star Rating-**1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Tag Team Championship Tournament Match

American Males -VS- The Faces Of Fear

The match was pretty one sided at the beginning, with Meng and The Barbarian not allowing Bagwell nor Riggs to gain much offense. Barbarian amazingly pressed Bagwell with two hands and then held him in the air with only one for a few seconds before sending him back to the mat at one point. Riggs was almost able to lock in the No Remorse (Chicken Wing) submission, but Meng snapmared him. After all four men got into a wild brawl, Barbarian nailed Riggs with a Flying Lariat and Meng locked in the Tongan Death Grip on Bagwell. Bagwell fell to the mat near the ropes and grabbed the bottom one with dear life. Meng refused to let go until Bagwell stopped moving, even after the ref called for the bell. A few moments after the match was over, Bagwell let go of the bottom rope and was motionless. Meng finally let go and he and Barbarian left the ring.

[Bischoff]

"They may have won by disqaulification, but they won and advance to the next round."

[Heenan]

"Do you know why they are called The Faces Of Fear? Because everytime people see their faces, they hide in fear because of the hideousness!"

[Bischoff]

"....Oh, I'm sorry. I was waiting for the funny part."

[Heenan]

"Shut up and just go to a commercial..."

Winners-American Males via DQ

Star Rating-**

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Singles Match

Brian Pillman -VS- Jushin Thunder Liger

It could have been better if Pillman was as agile as Liger is, but other wise it was a good match. Liger bounced around a lot, avoiding much of Pillman's attacks. Pillman was taken down a bit with arm drags and swinging ddt's and the such. Pillman went for the Flying Crossbody early in the match and suffered for it when Liger ducked out of the way, causing Pillman to eat a face full of the mat. He would soon have another chance of going for the finish later in the match, though. Liger had the tiger suplex set up, but Pillman spun out of it and had Liger in a vertebreaker position. He walked backwards towards the corner and slammed him into it. Pillman then walked away from the corner and let go of Liger in the center of the ring, making him fall face first onto the mat. Pillman ascended to the top and as Liger stood back up he nailed the Flying Crossbody for the win.

[Heenan]

"Good thing Pillman won. Having someone who had to hop a fence to get into the country shouldn't win a match against natural born, grade-A, U.S. talent."

[Zbysko]

"You must not have been given much love as a child considering all the anger you have against people."

Winner-Brian Pillman via Pinfall

Star Rating-**1/2

----------

The camera cuts to a pre-taped segmant shown on the television and on the TurnerTron. The camera shows official WCW backstage interviewer Chuck Ristano standing next to WCW's world wonder, The Giant.

[Ristano]

"Ladies and gentleman. At this very moment I am standing next to the biggest wrestler to ever grace a ring since the late, great, Andre-"

[The Giant]

"Hey! I am the biggest wrestler to ever grace a wrestling ring PERIOD! My father was big. He was one of the biggest wrestlers in size and in fame. Every wrestling fan knows the feats that he was capable of. But I am capable of twice as much as he was. I loved my father as much as anyone living in someone else's shadow could love their father. And I was upset to hear the news that he had passed. And since then people have called me a bully for beating on smaller people and not someone my own size. And those same people need to realize that there is NOBODY my own size to pick on! If any other wrestler can bring me an equally sized opponent, then bring them to the ring. If someone in the crowd can find anyone the same weight as me, then bring them next week.

But that is not the most important thing that is on my mind right now. The most important thing on my mind is one thing and one thing only...The person that people have adored for just over a decade. The person that people hold closest to their hearts. And the person who sent my father to an early grave. Yeah. Hulk Hogan. You can't get away scott free for what you did to my entire family. You put us through hell for what you did. No amount of begging for forgiveness can let you off the hook. I will always remember you for what you really are. You're nothing more than a selfish man who only cares about himself and pretends to be friends with everyone. You could have saved my father from dying, but instead you sat on the side and laughed as he suffered. As his family suffered. And I am here to make sure you suffer as much as I did, as much as my family did, and as much as my father did! Just because you have gold around your waist doesn't mean you are some unstoppable force. I am the only unstoppable force in WCW and I plan on keeping things that way! And I plan on choking the life out of you, Hogan, just like you choked the life, little by little, out of my father whose heart was bigger than anything, even your ego! Whether it be now or later, I will snap your neck as easily as I can snap a pencil!"

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Non-Title Singles Match

The Renegade -VS- V.K. Wallstreet

Prior to the match, Wallstreet attacked a fan in the front row (planted?) and took the fan's money from his wallet. He shouted to the camera, "This money belongs to me!". The Renegade wrestled very wildly during the match. Wallstreet worked on Renegade's ribs and midsection a lot with punches and shoulder thrusts. This allowed Wallstreet to set up the Abdominal Stretch on Renegade. The Renegade refused to call it quits and he eventually escaped and arm dragged Wallstreet over his shoulder. Wallstreet got up and both exchanged punches. Diamond Dallas Page walked out and to the ring. He slid into the ring as the two continued exchanging punches and he clotheslined both to the mat. Renegade got up first and DDP hit the Diamond Cutter on him. Wallstreet got up after and fell victim to a Diamond Cutter as well. DDP did his diamond taunt after getting up and left the ring.

[Bischoff]

"Now why did DDP have to come out and ruin this match by ending it without a winner?"

[Heenan]

"Because he owed DDP some money. Why else would he get a Diamond Cutter?"

[Zbysko]

"Then why did he attack The Renegade?"

[Heenan]

"Because The Renegade sucks."

Winner-No Contest via Double DQ

Star Rating-*1/2

----------

The camera cuts to another pre-taped segmant. We see Chuck Ristano again, but this time standing next to Randy Savage.

[Ristano]

"Standing next to me is the "Macho Man", Randy Savage! Now Randy, this month you will be teaming up with Hulk Hogan and Sting to face the Dungeon Of Doom at Fall Brawl: War Games. Do you have any comments about the match?"

[Savage]

"Oooooh YEEEAHHH! The Ma-cho Man is teaming up with Hulk Hogan and Sting to put a stop to the evils of the Dungeon. They want to put a stop to the success of Hulk Hogan for one reason and one reason only. They are jealous. Me and Hulk go all the way back up North and our friendship goes even longer. The Dungeon cannot compete with us at Fall Brawl. They have two teams of noth-ings going up against the man that revolutionized the world of wrestling, mister WCW himself, and the Ma-cho Man. Oh yeeeah! The older and wiser will prevail and nothing will stop the Hulkamaniacs from winning. Nothing will put a stop to Hulk Hogan or any of his friends."

[Ristano]

"As we heard earlier in the evening, the Dugeon's own The Giant has blamed Hulk Hogan for the death of his father Andre and has sworn to make The Hulkster pay."

[Savage]

"The Giant can talk all he wants. He can say that he will break our bones and crush them into dust with his bare hands. But the fact is that he is letting his anger and hatered control his actions. He is letting the Dungeon brain-wash his mind into thinking that Hulk Hogan is the evil one in this whole thing, when in fact it is the oppo-site. Hulk Hogan isn't the one who put The Giant's family through all of that pain. Nobody did. It was something that just happened. I know, Hulk Hogan knows, the fans know that when The Giant realizes that, then he will realize that he has been fighting on the wrong side of the line the whole time."

[Ristano]

"Well to wrap things up, what are your thoughts about having the match at Fall Brawl being a War Games match?"

[Savage]

"That is the perfect match for the Ma-cho Man and the Hulka-man-iacs! There is no escape from us and they can't try to get out of the match. They have to stay in the ring and be taught a lesson! If they want to get rid of Hulkamania and all of its Hulkamaniacs, they have to get through Machomania and Stingamania first! Oooh yeeeah!"

The camera fades to black as the short interview session comes to an end.

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

WCW United States Championship Singles Match

Arn Anderson -VS- Sting

The two put on an excellent match with eachother. It started off very mild but it got red hot as it progressed. They put on a good show of technician, but nothing too great as to put a stop to a future, better match on PPV if the time arose. The Stinger was ready to lock in the Scorpion Deathlock after delivering a russian legsweep, but Anderson kicked his legs about and shoved Sting backwards. Anderson got back up to his feet and went for the Spinebuster, but Sting just landed on his feet with Arn's head in a front face lock. Sting unlocked the facelock and sent Anderson to the corner. Sting ran at him and just barely missed the Stinger Splash. Anderson started taunting Sting. The crowd started going nuts and the camera cut to the entrance aisle to reveal LEX LUGER! Anderson looked around to see what the crowd was cheering for and caught eyes with Luger. He climbed to the second turnbuckle in the corner and started throwing words at him. Anderson got off the corner and turned around, getting nailed with the Stinger Splash in the process. Sting dragged Anderson to the middle of the ring and pinned him for the win. The camera got one more shot of Lex Luger standing in the entrance aisle with his arms on his hips, then a shot of Sting staring back at him.

[Heenan]

"What is Lex Luger doing here? We don't welcome people that are contracted up North down here!"

[Bischoff]

"Who cares why he is here! The point is that someone from up there is actually here on the debut of Nitro! This is the biggest surprise since Hulk Hogan's debut in WCW!"

[Heenan]

"I care why he is here. He doesn't belong here and if this were my show I would have sniper's ready to take intruders like him out!"

[Zbysko]

"Now that is just a little too harsh, Heenan. You don't like Luger but don't make threats towards him."

[Heenan]

"It's not a threat. It's a promise. Two totally different things."

Winner-Sting via Pinfall

Star Rating-***1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

As we return from the break we are taken to a live segmant in the back. We see new WCW interviewer Jeremy Borash standing by his lonesome.

[Borash]

"Hello ladies and gents. This is sure to be a special interview because I am here with a living legend. I am standing here with the man, Ric Flair!"

Flair steps into the picture and is greeted with cheers and "Wooo's!" from the crowd.

[Borash]

"Ric Flair, let me first start off by saying it is a real honor being in the same room with you. Now I have been keeping up with recent WCW events, and everyone knows that what used to be one of the best friendships in wrestling is now nothing more than ashes between you and Arn Anderson. I know that it must be a rough time for you, losing one of your closest friends. What are your thoughts on this entire situation?"

[Flair]

"WOOOOO! You're right about that, Jimmy. Arn Anderson has turned his back on the Nature Boy when things were looking best for us. He said that he couldn't stand the crap I was putting him through. He may not believe me, but Arn...The Nature Boy is sorry that he was so bad that he forced you to turn your back on him. But that doesn't change the fact that you did turn your back. You stabbed me in the back right in front of my face. The Nature Boy thought that you of all people would have enough courage and class to do something like that directly to my face. I thought that you would have the class to tell me off in person. But I guess that old saying of all good things coming to and end is true. The only thing wrong with that is what we had wasn't a good thing, Arn. It was a damn great thing! You want to end a friendship as great as ours over jealousy? Then go ahead. No matter what, I will always respect you because of your accomplishments in the ring, not your actions outside of it.

I am upset that you feel the way you do because that was never my intention. I only wanted what was best for us, and obviously you didn't feel the road we took as best for us. Arn, just remember the good old days. The days when we had great times. The day when we went to the best clubs in town, went out with the best looking women in the country, and wore the best clothes in the world. Just remember those days and maybe we will be fighting on the same side instead of eachother. At Fall Brawl I am going to be glad to step in the ring against you, though. After the match we will find out who the better man really is between the two of us, but just remember. In order to be the man...You gotta, woooooo! Beat, the man!

The crowd goes nuts as Flair says his signature phrase. We are then taken to ringside for the main event match.

----------

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Singles Match

Big Bubba Rogers -VS- Hulk Hogan

Surprisingly, this match got a better reaction than the Sting/Anderson match. Mostly due to the presence of The Hulkster, though. Hogan of course was in control of the match most of the time, with Rogers getting a few decent moves in. Rogers saved himself from getting hit with the Big Boot at one point and managed to knock him down for a bit with a forearm to the back of the neck/head. After a while Rogers sent Hogan to the ropes, hoping to nail the Bubba Slam. Instead, Hogan ducked and hit a walking Big Boot as Rogers turned around. He then ran into the ropes and nailed the Big Legdrop for the win. After the match the Dungeon Of Doom, minus The Giant, walked out and blocked Hogan's escape through the aisle, so Hogan took his belt and hopped over the barricade, escaping through the crowd as fans patted him on the back.

[Heenan]

"What a coward! What a coward Hogan is!"

[Zbysko]

"I know I'll regret this, but why is he a coward?"

[Heenan]

"He runs away like a coward instead of facing the Dungeon like a man!"

[Zbysko]

"It's...what? Five against one? That isn't exactly a fair fight."

[Heenan]

"Life isn't fair. If Hogan is so great like everyone is hypnotised to think, then he should be able to fight every single one of those men with one arm tied behind his back and a blindfold over his eyes."

[Bischoff]

"I don't know why, but I have a feeling you don't like Hulk Hogan. I hope you enjoyed the night, though, Bobby. And I hope all of you at home tune in next week to see just how much better WCW is compared to that garbage that Vince gives you."

Winner-Hulk Hogan via Pinfall

Star Rating-***1/2

----------

Quick Results

The Blue Bloods def. The Nasty Boys

American Males def. The Faces Of Fear

Brian Pillman def. Jushin Thunder Liger

The Renegade drew V.K. Wallstreet

Sting def. Arn Anderson

Hulk Hogan def. Big Bubba Rogers

----------

WCW Monday Nitro Nielsen Rating-6.0

Overall Star Rating-***

Attendance-6,032

Ticket Sales-$241,280

----------

WWF Raw Nielsen Rating-N/A

Attendance-N/A

Ticket Sales-N/A

--------------------

OCC

Any comments will be appreciated. If you do not like the format I have chosen to do the shows in then let me know. I personally like it but if a lot of people dislike it then I will change it.

Let me know what you liked, disliked, anything that is on your mind about the show. If you think it sucked then let me know why. Most importantly, let me know if it has a WCW feel to it or not. I personally don't think it is a very good debut show, but the quality is up to you.

Also, I 99% know that I didn't really get the characters down, like Bischoff and/or Heenan, so if you have any suggestions how to improve that part then let me know as well.

All in all pretty good, but you made Hogan look to weak at the end. In real life when the Dungeon attacked him he would never run off, he would fight them.

Oh, and if you're looking for an alternate way to do the nWo, then why not use Luger?

Edited by Michael

Me read as I go along, yes?

* Bischoff gets his first shot at the WWF in the opening paragraph. :w00t:

* Hmmmm... The opening exchange is reminiscent of the actual opening exchange of the first Nitro in real life. Unfortunately, Steve McMichael isn't there and he isn't dicking about with the farm implements. The conversation was too long in my opinion, it would have been a huge turn off - but it was a good way to show the commentator's characters.

* The opening bout is good. I'm still not feeling the commentary though. In 1995, Heenan was what he was many years later and Bischoff was more about shilling and putting over how great WCW was. If anything, Larry and Bobby should be the ones arguing.

* Nice set up of the Faces of Fear. They don't care about the titles, they just want to kick the shit out of pretty boys like Marcus Bagwell.

* Now time for the opening contest of the real Nitro. Surprised Pillman/Liger only got **1/2.

* Did The Giant even debut before Fall Brawl 95? :blink: I love how you still keep in the references to the Andre's son gimmick. Hogan is going to get killed! Good segment.

* Renegade vs. Wallstreet... It was a good match and technically the debut of VK as he was introduced on the debut Nitro in a vignette/promo. I'd like to see ol' Schyster developed into a good character as in real life, he got killed by Sting in his debut and never recovered from it. I wonder if DDP/Renegade/Wallstreet will get into a triple threat match.

* I find it amazing how Randy Savage can be written for amazingly simply by writing 'Oooh yeah' a couple of times within it. Good accuracy me thinks.

* Sting vs. Anderson - here comes Lex Luger!!!!!! A good match. Maybe it's because I'm a naff booker and a victim of crash TV but I'm surprised Ric Flair didn't run in.

* Speaking of Flair.... To be the man, Arn has to beat him at Fall Brawl. If this was Vince Russo booking - the match would be a "Man on a Pole" match. :P

* Das main event-tag! And the fifth/sixth match too... Maybe I missed it, but has Nitro started off as two hours or something? Don't forget that, although the fact is omitted a lot, Nitro was an hour long for eight months in the beginning. Hulk Hogan wins and then flees the DoD. Slightly weird choice as Hulk Hogan is American thus he fights back etc. etc. etc but whatever.

Overall - it was a solid show and I'm really looking forward to the next one. My only advice is to clean up the commentary a bit - Heenan is a face at the moment from the looks of it. :blink:

* Hmmmm... The opening exchange is reminiscent of the actual opening exchange of the first Nitro in real life. Unfortunately, Steve McMichael isn't there and he isn't dicking about with the farm implements. The conversation was too long in my opinion, it would have been a huge turn off - but it was a good way to show the commentator's characters.

So what did I think of the debut of Monday Nitro?

The opening announcers bit didn't really work for me, two reasons. Firstly I didn't really buy the way Bischoff was talking to Heenan, they just didn't play off each other in a way that sounded like their real life personas to me. The second one is that by the time Zbysko actually gets around to telling people what's on the show I think they'd have turned over to Monday Night Raw.

Opening match, match itself was good, Regal and Taylor could be really good if you use them right. My problem with it is that the real life Nitro debut had Pillman and Liger. Something big, but also something that's gonna grab fans with some great action. I don't see anything in that opener that is gonna make people who would usually turn over to watch Raw, stay and watch this instead.

American Males Vs FAces of Fear, more tag action, too much tag action early on and still nothing to really wow the crowd early on. So far in the show we've seen nothing out of the ordinary. Nitro worked throughout its decent points by putting somethin big at the start of the show, whether it be the announcement of a huge main event, some kick ass promo and challenge for later, or a barnstormer of a match. we've not seen that yet. Would rather have seen the Faces of Fear go over because they were actually a really good believable team in WCW. Liked them a lot. They were made to look badass though, and despite being out of the tournament didn't lose any cred really.

Pillman Vs Liger. This should have been the opener in my opinion. If you're having the match on there, put it right out there straight off to suck the crowd in and warm them up, and stop them turning over to Raw. Good match, just in the wrong part of the card in my opinion. Nasty's Vs Blue Bloods was a "stuck in the midcard" match for me, swap it with Pillman and Liger and it would have been a better setup.

The Giant promo sounded a bit too much like him justifying beating up Rey Mysterio in WWE for me. Once he got onto ranting on Hogan I thought it was superb stuff. Really well done. First half of the promo I didn't like, second half I thought was really good.

I think I'm one of the only Renegade marks around. PUSH HIM!!!! PLEASEEE???? Decent match, the idea of the likes of Wallstreet, Renegade, and DDP going for the tv title around this period is good enough for me.

Savage promo was decent enough. This "two teams" thing seems a bit off. OMG and Big Bubba aren't Akeem and the Boss Man. They aren't the Twin Towers. If I remember rightly Bubba teamed with Shark more regularly than anyone else in this period in WCW. Anyway, yeah, what Savage said was fine by all accounts. good stuff to build up the ppv main event.

AA Vs Sting, decent match. The Luger thing, was unsure what you were gonna do with Luger and how you were gonna play it. Bit disappointed you basically just did the same thing for the first show that they did in real life. There were plenty of other options there. Other thing I was a bit unsure of was AA going down to a Stinger Splash. I'm not sure I've ever (and if I have it's incredibly rare) seen Sting pin someone after just a Stinger Splash.

Don't like Borash as a new interviewer but that's just personal preference. The guy sucks and has a horrible voice.

Not sure about the Flair interview. It only seemed like Flair in places, and I don't think that Flair basically kissing AA's ass is the best way to promote the match at Fall Brawl. Flair's great to write for because you can basically do what you want with him. He can pull off just about any kind of mic work brilliantly, and can go literally insane without it coming across as stupid. Dunno, just didn't like this segment too much.

Bubba and Sting for the world title. This should have been announced, or somehow kinda pushed, maybe a Bubba challenge for Hogan right as the show started to hook people in? Hogan just ran away through the crowd? Hogan through the crowd seems odd for a start. Hogan being a pussy and backing down? Not keen on that either. Hogan would have faced up to them, sure he could have got his ass kicked in the process, but he should have either stood his ground in the ring as the show went off the air, or confronted them and got beat down.

All in all a solid show, but some missed opportunities for me and few things to tweak. I think Bischoff, Zbysko, and Heenan need a bit of work. A couple of things on each in my opinion, Heenan will make those smart one liners, sure, but people forget the other side to him. He'll really push big matches, and talk about what's going on in the mind of the competitors etc. He'll almost always diss Hogan and often refer to people that he's managed in the past. Like, if there's a big Flair match then he'll do a lot of "I've worked with the guy, I've managed the guy, I know what this man is capable of". Zbysko is pretty old school, he sounds like a class act all round really, again, he'll talk about the mindset of a wrestler, their athletic ability, he'll really put over the importance of things, and put over the workers pretty well.

Really looking forward to the next show, there's enough there to hook me in and make me want to read more and the longer this goes on the more itneresting it should get as the war between you and the WWF gets into gear

Pretty decent Nitro, I would have prefered something else as the opening match, Like Jayden said, You need something great to grab the fans attention, Even though Pillman/Liger didn't really get that high of a rating. I did like you making the Faces Of Fear seem like bad asses though. I have no idea who this Borash clown is, But I'd just stick to mean Gene. The rest of the show was good, I liked Sting/Anderson being put on Nitro, And Luger's debut was good, But I think in real life his debut was just a bit better, Since he got to go after Hogan. My only problems were that The Giant hadn't debuted yet at this time, He debuted at Fall Brawl. And Hogan running from the DOD, He'd usually fight all of them off. Yes, Even when there was like eight guys, He'd fight them all off. But atleast you didn't make them seem weak. All in all, Good nitro, And here's hoping we see Alex Wright in next week's show. (Y)