The Monday Night Wars

thatblindgeye

Yeah, I have a couple of problems. First of all, and this is just nitpicking, I'm pretty sure One Man Gang and Big Bubba Rogers used The Twin Towers as their WWF tag team name as Boss Man and Akeem. Also I don't remember them being classified as a tag team in WCW. So, yeah, even if they were they probably wouldn't be allowed to use the Twin Towers name.

Also, something tells me that "Tune into the debut of Nitro to see Scotty Riggs!" isn't the best sales pitch you could have came up with. Nor do I think that the fans response after seeing the announced matches would have been "YAY! THE BARBARIAN!" I know that you announced your big guys as being at the show, but seeing as how it was Nitro's debut and how you wanted to take viewers from the WWF, I would have gone with a major main event for the first show. I would have hyped that shit up in my preview, and then watched the viewers roll in. This would have been your chance to do something that everyone would have tuned in for. Like a Hogan vs Flair, or a Savage vs Sting or something like that. Instead you just announced a couple of tag team matches that wouldn't have garnered any interest whatsoever.

And this is just a personal little thing here but I don't like what you did with the Renegade. It's always fun to push someone who never really got a push (and I'm not saying you should go sign up every little indy guy with a stat over 80 here) and see where you can take them. Even if it is just a little program at the bottom of the card, but I don't know whether it's a personal bias of yours against Renegade or if it's you listening to all of these douchebags that think they're on your creative team going "OMG RENGDE SUXXX!!!" Yeah, I don't know, I just think it'd be more fun to try and legitimize his TV Title run, and the TV Title in the process. But as of now it just looks like you're going to drop the belt off of him and either turn him into a jobber or get rid of him altogether.

But on the positive side, I like that you're keeping up the Giant' gimmick of being Andre's son. And, hell I like that you're actually keeping the Dungeon of Doom storyline going. It's Wrestlecrap, but I dunno, they always entertained me. And it's definitely something original, as most diaries tend to just let them disappear. Alright, those are my thoughts. Don't let them discourage you, but yeah just try and work on those points I mentioned and you'll be fine.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback from the past...4-5 posters I think. I admit I did mess up and miss some opportunities on the first Nitro that I didnt really realize as I was booking/writing it.

Essa-Yeah, I should have hyped the shit out of Nitro, but I was still in the WWE preview mindset sort of. As for The Renegade...I dont know what I will do wtih him yet. I wont be turning him into a jobber because I think I can somehow make him into maybe an upper or main evener.

jayden-One of the things I wasnt really thinking about. I was more thinking about going from lesser match to huge match instead of Big match to draw fans in to lesser match to huge match. About the BBR/OMG thing...I didnt do research :lol:. I will change their names to something if I use them as a regular tag team, though. Probably not such a good way to debut Luger, but again I have plans for the next Nitro for certain things that should hopefully make up for it. About the Stinger Splash thing, I wasn't really sure whether I should use that as the finish or have it hit then have the Deathlock put on, so I just chose the former. And yeah, I made Hogan look like a pussy...shouldnt people be praising me for that :lol:

IPB Image

September 9th, 1995

Taped from MGM Studios

The Saturday Night video and music piece plays, followed by a few pyros going off. The camera shows our announcing team, Mike Teny and Tony Schiavone, and the two go over tonights card and a few events that happened on the debut of WCW Nitro. They tell us that they have a video of an interview that The Giant took part in five days ago, and the video then plays.

[Ristano]

"Ladies and gentleman. At this very moment I am standing next to the biggest wrestler to ever grace a ring since the late, great, Andre-"

[The Giant]

"Hey! I am the biggest wrestler to ever grace a wrestling ring PERIOD! My father was big. He was one of the biggest wrestlers in size and in fame. Every wrestling fan knows the feats that he was capable of. But I am capable of twice as much as he was. I loved my father as much as anyone living in someone else's shadow could love their father. And I was upset to hear the news that he had passed. And since then people have called me a bully for beating on smaller people and not someone my own size. And those same people need to realize that there is NOBODY my own size to pick on! If any other wrestler can bring me an equally sized opponent, then bring them to the ring. If someone in the crowd can find anyone the same weight as me, then bring them next week.

But that is not the most important thing that is on my mind right now. The most important thing on my mind is one thing and one thing only...The person that people have adored for just over a decade. The person that people hold closest to their hearts. And the person who sent my father to an early grave. Yeah. Hulk Hogan. You can't get away scott free for what you did to my entire family. You put us through hell for what you did. No amount of begging for forgiveness can let you off the hook. I will always remember you for what you really are. You're nothing more than a selfish man who only cares about himself and pretends to be friends with everyone. You could have saved my father from dying, but instead you sat on the side and laughed as he suffered. As his family suffered. And I am here to make sure you suffer as much as I did, as much as my family did, and as much as my father did! Just because you have gold around your waist doesn't mean you are some unstoppable force. I am the only unstoppable force in WCW and I plan on keeping things that way! And I plan on choking the life out of you, Hogan, just like you choked the life, little by little, out of my father whose heart was bigger than anything, even your ego! Whether it be now or later, I will snap your neck as easily as I can snap a pencil!"

----------

Alex Wright def. Chavo Guerrerio Jr.

In a normal singles match. The crowd gave both men a good pop and they put on a pretty decent show. Wright won after hitting a bridging German Suplex. Both men shook hands afterwards.

Star Rating-*

----------

After Alex Wright left the ring, Eddie Guerrero came out to try and help his nephew. He got on the mic and told Chavo that if only he would follow his Guerrero roots then he would have won the match. Chavo responded by saying the only reason he lost the match was because he was facing a better man. Eddie, obviously upset that Chavo seemed to be ashamed of the Guerrero name, told him that it will be hard but he is going to make sure Chavo becomes a real Guerrero, even if it takes the rest of their lives.

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

As we come back from the break, Tenay and Tony go over the "biggest surprise since the debut of Hulk Hogan in WCW" that happened on Nitro. They then show a few clips of the Anderson/Sting match.

The two put on an excellent match with eachother. It started off very mild but it got red hot as it progressed. They put on a good show of technician, but nothing too great as to put a stop to a future, better match on PPV if the time arose. The Stinger was ready to lock in the Scorpion Deathlock after delivering a russian legsweep, but Anderson kicked his legs about and shoved Sting backwards. Anderson got back up to his feet and went for the Spinebuster, but Sting just landed on his feet with Arn's head in a front face lock. Sting unlocked the facelock and sent Anderson to the corner. Sting ran at him and just barely missed the Stinger Splash. Anderson started taunting Sting. The crowd started going nuts and the camera cut to the entrance aisle to reveal LEX LUGER! Anderson looked around to see what the crowd was cheering for and caught eyes with Luger. He climbed to the second turnbuckle in the corner and started throwing words at him. Anderson got off the corner and turned around, getting nailed with the Stinger Splash in the process. Sting dragged Anderson to the middle of the ring and pinned him for the win. The camera got one more shot of Lex Luger standing in the entrance aisle with his arms on his hips, then a shot of Sting staring back at him. We hear Bischoff and Heenan going crazy over the appearance of Luger before going to a break.

WCW After WWF Stars?; Hogan To ECW?; News On Former WCW Tag Champions; More...

-Even before the debut of Nitro this past week, WCW has been looking at and trying to sign some major WWF superstars. But with Nitro now in process, WCW is trying twice as hard to get them. Gorilla Monsoon is one of the top men WCW is after due to his time as an announcer in the WWF. WCW thinks that if they can sign Monsoon then they would be able to boast how one of WWF's top announcers has defected to the bigger and better ship. Some of the actual wrestlers WCW is after are Bret Hart. Well, who isn't after him? The only reason Hart refuses to go to WCW is due to his loyalty to Vince McMahon and the WWF itself. Marty Jannetty is also a target as WCW would like to turn him into the WCW version of Shawn Michaels and so Jannetty could vent all his anger out on HBK. Ted Dibiase is another man WCW is after. To Eric Bischoff and many fans on the internet, signing Dibiase and putting him with V.K. Wallstreet (The V.K. part is a stab at Vincent Kennedy and the Wallstreet might be a stab at the McMahon part, just with the "M" turned upside down.) would make for great chemistry. Another man that WCW is apparently after is Yokozuna. That is one man that could really make an impact on Nitro and in WCW in general.

-There has been confirmation that Hogan will be going to ECW...HORACE Hogan that is. Paul Heyman got in contract with the real life relative of Hulk Hogan and got him to agree to work for ECW. The current plan is to have Horace be the Hulk of ECW, although there are many saying it won't work just because Horace is not Hulk and will never be.

-The former WCW Tag champions, Dick Slaytor and Bunkhouse Buck, gave an update on their future. After leaving WCW due to backstage problems, with the on-air reason being that they were unjustly removed as Tag champions, they said that they are going to be resting for a few weeks or months and then get back into the game. Currently they are touring a few states, looking at some of the indy feds.

-ECW's "Hardcore TV" that airs on America One every Saturday/Sunday got the ratings in. The current rating is a 0.3 Nielsen with 400 people at the show. It may not seem like much, but with no other major competition for them that is enough to help them rise up financially and to help them become bigger in the coming months and years.

IPB Image

Last week on the debut of WCW Nitro wrestling fans around the world saw an even bigger debut in the likes of former WWF Superstar Lex Luger! Many thought that Lex Luger was contracted to Vince McMahon's WWF, but they soon found out the truth when those in attendance and those at home saw him make his appearance felt during the great Sting versus Anderson match that was taking place. The only questions that remain unanwsered are why is he in WCW and what does he plan on doing?

Something else that happened last week that shocked fans was when Hulk Hogan ran away from the Dungeon Of Doom. Has the Hulkster gone soft and turned yellow on his fans? Will we find out why he did what he did?

Speaking of the Dungeon, Randy Savage will be taking on the sub-leader of the Dungeon in a singles match. We can pretty much expect Sullivan to have some sort of tricks up his sleeve when he takes on the Hogan supporting "Macho Man".

All of that plus much more. Diamond Dallas Page will be in action, two more tag matches will happen, and the Dungeon will speak on Hogan's escape from last week. Be sure to tune in where the true action is held and to listen to a special surprise that will be given by Eric Bischoff in the opening moments of...WCW NITRO!

Confirmed Card

"Macho Man" Randy Savage -VS- Kevin Sullivan

Harlem Heat -VS- The Road Warriors

I liked Saturday Night, Glad to see Alex Wright picking up a win. Lets hope you push him. However, I didn't like Johnny B. Badd losing to Hugh Morrus. Badd has a match for Fall Brawl while Morrus isn't even on the card. Plus, Morrus wasn't really a threat back then. I think it makes Badd look bad heading into his match with Pillman after losing to Morrus. As for the news, The only guy who I can think would cause an impact would be Bret Hart. No one really cared much for Jannetty, DiBiase or Yokozuna at this time. Also, Can't wait to see Bischoff's special announcement for Nitro.

Well the news reports I do will mostly be a rumours thing. I am looking after some of WWF wrestlers but I dont know which ones I will actually try bringing in. When I do the whole weekly news report I will try throwing in some bullshit with the truth at the same time.

Also Bischoffs announcement really isnt that big, but back then I think it would beplayed off as some huge deal. Its really something minor that no one will be like "OMG!!!" after reading it.

As for Wright...I might push him, but if I do I would want him to have his neo-nazi gimmick because I would actually like to try writing that out, but at the same time I dont want to copy real life.

And as for Badd looking bad by losing...Well too bad :P. Nah. I will try getting his credibility up in the next two weeks, though.

Edited by Vitamin E

Good shows so far really like how you debut Lugar hopefully put him in a stable of ex-WWF guys, Hogan running didnt like as Hogan would have fought but maybe will see the logic in this soon anyways keep up show as like the satire of WCW's view on WWF and matchs are solid so far keep it up ill keep reading.

• 3 weeks later...

IPB Image

WCW Monday Nitro-September 11th, 1995

Prior to the opening montage, we are shown clips from last weeks Nitro DEBUT show. The two tag matches are put together in one set of clips, followed by a few clips fo the Pillman/Liger and Wallstreet/Renegade matches. The next set of clips focused around the Sting/Anderson match and the video ended with the Hogan/Rogers match clips. We are then taken to the Nitro opening sequence and after the camera cuts to the crowd we are finally welcomed with some pyrotechnics.

[Bischoff]

"WELCOME to Monday...NITRO! All of you at home are in for a special surprise because in just five minutes, Raw will go on the air. That isn't the surprise, though. The surprise is that we know what is going to happen, so to make sure you don't waste your time tuning over there, here is what will happen. Davey Boy Smith will defeat 'The Bad Guy' by DQ, The Smoking Gunns will beat The Brooklyn Brawler and Rad Radford, everybodies favorite dentist Isaac Yankem will beat Scott Taylor in a short bout, and Shawn Michaels will use his backstage powers to go over Sid in the main event. With those results, how can you not stay with us? And with that out of the way, I introduce to you my partners, Larry Zbysko and Bobby Heenan."

[Heenan]

"You did it right this week, Bischoff. You finally introduce The Brain."

[Zbysko]

"I am surprised that you didn't complain that you were introduced last."

[Heenan]

"You're right. Maybe if Bischoff wasn't trying to hog up all the time to himself he would know to introduce talent before age."

[Bischoff]

"Yeah, I hog up all the time to myself. You have never done that because you are a saint... We aren't here to argue over who gets more air time, Bobby. Why don't you just comment on the matches McMahon has planned for tonight?"

[Heenan]

"I could do that, but that card doesn't even deserve an insult from me, let alone me opening my mouth to comment on it it's so bad."

[Bischoff]

"That's what I like to hear. I'm glad we can agree on something. And something else we can agree on is that tonight's Nitro card is just as good as last weeks, and if you missed last weeks then don't change the channel because you'll be missing out on a great opportunity. We have great atches set up, but most of all we have appearances by Hulk Hogan and the man the defected from the WWF himself, Lex Luger, scheduled to happen!"

[Heenan]

"That's all great, but where is the great opportunity in this match other than being called by The Brain?"

[Bischoff]

"Opening up the best wrestling show a week after its debut comes to mind, but that's just me."

----------

Singles Match

Chavo Guerrero Jr. -VS- Chris Benoit

Fast match right from the start. Guerrero's speed and Benoit's technician were a good combo. The only thing that prevented it from being better was the fact that neither were really over with the fans. Chavo began building up some speed after hitting a beautiful dropkick to Benoit's face, but things came to a hault when he saw Eddie Guerrero coming out. He started losing focus on the match and this caused Benoit to be able to start up with some chops to the chest. After a while he hit a release german suplex, which folded Chavo in half and the ref had to check on him. Eddie got into the ring and went up behind Benoit, spun him and hit a Swinging DDT. By now Chavo was on his knee's and saw what Eddie did. He got up and refused to pin Benoit and instead helped him up. As quickly as he helped him up Benoit grabbed Chavo's arm and took him down, locking the Crippler Crossface in in the process and making Chavo tap.

[Heenan]

"How can Chavo be so stupid? Eddie tries giving him a helping hand and he doesn't even bother going in for the kill."

[Bischoff]

"Some people would rather win on their own and fairly instead of having to cheat...Why do I bother explaining this to you? I bet you don't even know what it means to win a fair match."

[Heenan]

"Of course I do. We just have different definitions of the word fair. To you fair is a match without any foreign objects or interferances, and to me a fair match is give a guy a chair and let him go crazy with it while the ref isn't looking."

[Zbysko]

"I'm glad I never had to face you in a match then."

Winner-Chris Benoit via Submission

Star Rating-***

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Tag Team Championship Tournament Match

Harlem Heat w/ Sister Sherri -VS- The Road Warriors

Although the Warriors didn't put on too great of a show, they still got a great reaction from the crowd. The veterans of the tag team sport went to work on the younger guys, but the youth were able to overcome the Warriors at several points. The Warriors pounded away on Stevie Ray and Booker for a bit, but after Sister Sherri started getting involved Harlem Heat began fighting back and got a good advantage. Animal eventually got back on the offense and went to hit the Hangman's Neckbreaker to finish the match, but Booker escaped from it and kicked him in the gut. He then ran to the ropes and went for a Scissor's Kick, but Animal dodged out of the way. After he did he lifted Booker onto his shoulders. This prompted Hawk to start climbing to the top rope and once he did, Sister Sherri got onto the apron and hung on to Hawk's boot. Hawk tried kicking Sherri off, but before he could Stevie Ray ran up and hit a flying forearm smash type move to him. Sherri then got off the apron and Stevie kicked Animal in the gut. Booker slid off his shoulders and Stevie kicked him in the gut again, making Animal bend over in pain. Booker ran to the ropes and nailed the Scissor Kick on him. As Booker went for the pin, Sherri held Animal's foot down from the outside and Stevie exchanged punches with Hawk to ensure the victory.

[Zbysko]

"It must be good to have a woman doing all your dirty work. Maybe next time Harlem Heat will be able to keep Sherri in the back and do a match themselves."

[Heenan]

"Why? That is what the women are supposed to do. Make sure their man or men win the match and get punished if they don't do that."

[Bischoff]

"I love the fact that you speak your mind, Bobby, but someday speaking your mind is going to come around and bite you."

[Heenan]

"Oh I'm trembling, Bischoff."

Winners-Harlem Heat via Pinfall

Star Rating-***1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

The Dungeon Towers -VS- The Steiner Brothers

Not much of a match you would want to see again, but it came off alright. The Steiners came off as real monsters, even against The Dungeon Towers. Yeah, a ripoff of WWF's Twin Towers name. The Towers were the first to get in the offense when the match began, but The Steiner's quickly started gaining momentum and kept it pretty much for the rest of the match, minus a part where the ref didn't see Rogers hit Scott in the back with a briefcase he brought to the ring (possible alternative to the nightstick). A little bit after this OMG had Scott set up for a Front Suplex, but Scott started battling out of it with punches to the ribs. Rick got into the ring and knocked Rogers off the apron and into the barricade. Scott escaped from OMG's grasp and both Steiner's ran to the ropes and nailed a double Steiner Bulldog for the win.

[Heenan]

"Another travesty for the Dungeon. You know why Bubba and One Man Gang lost? It's that damn Hogan! If he wasn't here then people could get fair chances around here."

[Bischoff]

"Not every disaster is associated to Hulk Hogan, Heenan."

[Zbysko]

"What does it matter whether they lost the match? The point is The Steiner Brothers move one step closer to being in a match at Fall Brawl."

[Heenan]

"Oh sure. Take Hogan's side. I can't even do my job without Hogan being brought up."

[Bischoff]

"You brought Hogan up, Bobby. Your name's "The Brain". Why don't you start using it?"

Winners-The Steiner Brothers via Pinfall

Star Rating-***

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

After the commercial break, which highlighted a small video for the upcoming Fall Brawl Pay-Per-View, we are sent to the back with Chuck Ristano and the Dungeon Of Doom, every single member including OMG and Rogers holding their necks and looking exhausted.

[Ristano]

"Well obviously you men need no introduction as everyone knows you as the men who are trying to drive the force of Hulkamania out of WCW."

[Sullivan]

"That's right! All of us are sick of Hulk Hogan being here in WCW. Things were fine without him and they will be fine without him once we are through with him! What's the big deal anyway? He has twenty four inch muscles? Big deal. You give me a day and I can find someone out on the streets with bigger muscles. Ever since Hogan came to WCW everything has been a mess. He became the champion the minute he showed up and he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well he isn't! There's a totally different side of Hogan that nobody knows about. He may seem like fun loving guy out in the ring, ripping his shirt and telling people to say prayers and take vitamins, but that is just his coverup. The second he walks behind that curtain he turns into the real Hogan that everyone back here has come to fear of getting on bad terms with. If you aren't with Hogan, then you aren't with WCW anymore! The only reason we are here is because we made sure we wouldn't get screwed over by Egomania or his little buddies. The power that the Dungeon has is much greater than Hulkamania, and it is only a matter of time until Hulk Hogan is on his knee's begging for mercy from us. But he won't get it! All of us will laugh and spit in his face! Soon all of his friends will see what Hogan really is and they will be with us in the fight to bring him down!

Alone we may not be as strong as Hogan. Big Bubba proved that last week when he lost, but it wasn't his fault. And it wasn't his fault that he and One Man Gang lost their match tonight. It was all Hogan's fault! He uses his politics to make sure people he doesn't like stays down and he stays up. That's why the Dungeon has been formed. We are just a few of the people that are sick and tired of Hogan and his antics.

But he showed his true colors last week. Everyone knows, even I know, that the Hogan fans love would have stood up against all of us even if it were a million against him and get beaten down like he has never been before. But he took the high road and hightailed it through the crowd, clutching his golden belt to his chest. Some fans may have been patting him on the back, but there was even more that were just disgusted and saddened that their supposed hero ran away. At least I have the courage to stand up to people, and I prove that later when I face Randy Savage without any Dungeon members at ringside. I can't wait until Fall Brawl, because once the Dungeon wins, and Hogan is down on the mat, I will personally draw the yellow line down his back and pin a tail between his legs so that everyone can see what a coward he really is. Not even Hulk Hogan is strong enough to overpower the force of the Dungeon, especially since we have the biggest wrestler in history! [turns around and slaps The Giant on the chest]"

[Ristano]

"....Well, those are some strong words, and I'm not sure if you know but Hulk Hogan is in the building as I speak. Do you have anymore words for the Hulkster?"

[Sullivan]

"Yeah...[looking into camera] Hogan...Make sure you stay out of the way tonight. We don't want the fans to lose out on our War Games match now would we?"

Sullivan laughs, as does the rest of the Dungeon, and all of them exit the scene.

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Singles Match

Earl Robert Eaton w/ Regal & Taylor-VS- Jim Duggan

This match probably should have been saved for Saturday Night. The crowd did get into it enough, though, thanks to Duggan waving the American flag during his entrance. Probably not the greatest match of the night, but not too bad either as it did have its moments. Duggan started getting a little hot streak, beating down on Eaton with some forearms. After a few more he gave a thumbs up to the crowd and shouted "Ohhhhhh!". He ran to the ropes and Regal grabbed his foot. Duggan turned around and grabbed Regal. Eaton came up from behind and attacked him, followed by whipping him to the opposite ropes. Duggan came running back and went for a Running Clothesline, but Eaton was able to duck and take him down and lock in the Divorce. Duggan screamed in pain a few seconds before eventually tapping out.

[Zbysko]

"Good match with Eaton using good strategy to win the match."

[Heenan]

"Isn't Duggan supposed to be the man who loves America the most? What does that say when that hack loses?"

[Bischoff]

"It tells them that unlike the WWF, we have talented wrestlers from all over the globe and we don't need to have wrestlers parading around praising our country to get ratings."

[Heenan]

"No, it means it's a good thing I never wasted my time managing him. That's what it means."

Winner-Earl Robert Eaton via Submission

Star Rating-**

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

After the break concludes, we are taken to the back for a pre-taped interview segmant.

[Ristano]

"Welcome back to WCW Nitro, folks. At the moment I am standing here with the man that interfered in last weeks Television Championship match and who will be competing in singles action next, Diamond Dallas Page."

[DDP]

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Chucky. I interfered in the Television title match last week. That's old news. Everyone around the world knows that. Why don't you get to the point and ask me why I did it. That's why I'm here, right?"

[Ristano]

"Well then...Why did you do it Diamond?"

[DDP]

"I did it for three reasons. One, because I can. Who's going to stop me? Two, because I like to soften my opponent up before a big pay-per-view match. And three, because that Wallstreet didn't deserve a title match before me. I am supposed to be the number one contender and he gets a match for the title before me? Nuh uh. The geeks in the back may think they can just pass up the number one contender and give someone not worthy a title shot on Nitro weeks before I was destined to win the title myself, but that isn't how I work. I'm the number one contender and that means I am the person next in line for a shot. Not the number thirty ninth contender! Why don't you tell me what Wallstreet has that I don't have?"

[Ristano]

"Well um..."

[DDP]

"You can't. And that's my point. I have everything Wallstreet has plus more. I have more talent in my jockstrap than he does in his body. The fact that he was rejected by the WWF and brought down here with the same crap shows that."

[Ristano]

"Those are your opinions and I won't argue them. But there is good news in all of this since you still have a match for the Television Championship at Fall Brawl."

[DDP]

"That's right. I still have my title shot and nothing and no one will take it away from me. They wanna try to? Let them. Because not even a second later I'll throw a Diamond Cutter on them faster than Superman. The Renegade can yell and scream all he wants, but DDP will be there to shut him up and take away the only thing that is of value to him. And Wallstreet may have a lot of money, but eventually money fades away. Diamonds don't. Diamonds are forever. Badabing. Badaboom. BadaBANG! It's DDP!"

The camera fades to the ring for the next match up after the segmant is over.

----------

Singles Match

Diamond Dallas Page -VS- Scott Norton

A short but sweet match. Of course Page was given most of the offense as to not make him look too weak, but throughout the match the ref kept making bad calls which looked like he was trying to screw Page out of a win the entire time. Page was laying the boots into Norton after a few more times that the ref tried screwing him over and he sent Norton into the corner. After that he ran at him and went for a flying corner splash, but Norton caught him in a bear hug position. Norton then ran out of the corner and to the opposite corner, delivering a shoulder thrust as he slammed Page against the turnbuckle. He kicked Page in the gut and lifted him up for the Nortonbomb, but Page slid out and landed behind Norton on his feet. Norton turned around and fell victim to a Diamond Cutter for the win, with a hesitated 3 count.

[Bischoff]

"Now what is this ref doing? Aren't refs supposed to be fair during a match and call it right down the middle?"

[Heenan]

"Where have you been? No ref is a saint. You slip him a few twenty's and you have your match as good as won."

[Bischoff]

"Well now we know that your clients were never really talented and that you had to pay off refs just to have matches won."

[Heenan]

"Keep talking Bischoff. Someday you'll say the wrong thing and I'll have a new client to take care of you."

Winner-Diamond Dallas Page via Pinfall

Star Rating-**1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Singles Match

Kevin Sullivan -VS- Randy Savage

Sullivan tried getting a cheap shot in on the Macho Man prior to the bell ringing, but that just didn't happen. Savage gave Sullivan a good whoopin' probably 85% of the time. Sullivan got a few chances of offense and had a good opening after moving out of the way of a Savage Elbow towards the end. After Sullivan got back to his feet he started delivering some kicks to Savage's ribs. He then ran to the ropes and delivered a Double Stomp to Savage's chest, but this only jumpstarted Savage as he started getting back up after this. After getting back to his feet he started brutally attacking Sullivan. This prompted the Dungeon to pour out from the back and get into the ring. They all started going after Savage and soon Sting ran out to try and help. Both men did their best but the odds were too great.

[Heenan]

"Now this is entertainment!"

[Bischoff]

"I know how much you just love a ten on one ratio when it comes to fight Heenan. Unfair and cowardly."

[Heenan]

"I don't see any yellow on any of the Dungeon members. Only on Sting and Savage!"

[Zbysko]

"It doesn't even matter anymore. The Dungeon has the advantage and there is nobody to even....Wait a minute! I think the odds are about to get more even!"

Winner-Randy Savage via DQ

Star Rating-***

----------

As the Dungeon continues their assault on Sting and Savage, "American Made" begins playing and the crowd erupts as The Hulkster returns to defend his glory. He walks down the ramp with his title around his waist and rips his shirt off halfway down. Hogan gets into the ring and starts punching anyone in arms reach. Sting and Savage start coming back with some offense, but The Giant clotheslines them right back down. At this point Hogan is posing for the crowd near the ropes. The Giant comes up from behind and knocks him out of the ring after hitting a double sledge to his back. John Tenta leaves the ring and starts going after Hogan. He only gets a few kicks in before Hogan begins fighting back and then slams Tenta's head into the ring post. Some sort of music then starts playing over the sound system and the crowd once again erupts as Lex Luger walks onto the stage with a mic in hand. As Luger begins to speak, the brawl continues in and around the ring.

[Luger]

"Why is Lex Luger in WCW? Simple. WCW is the only place big enough to handle a star like me. I have been misused. Mistreated. Blown off. Treated like an animal you would do anything to get rid of. And for what? To make room for people who can barely wrestle and are there for comedic value. I have talent. I have the hair. I have the body. I have the looks. I am the perfect male speciman when it comes to the world of wrestling. What better way to shove it to your former employer than to go to their competition...I take that back. In order for WCW to be competition, they have to be on the same level. And WCW is on the highest level!... I am also here because of this. [Extends hand towards the ring] One one side you have three men fighting for the one man that made the wrestling world it is today. On the other you have more men fighting to kill what they think ruined the world of wrestling. Both sides have their benefits, but only one side can have Lex Luger. Listen to me Hogan, because this is the best deal you will have had since signing that contract to work here. I walk down this ramp. I get into that ring. And I help you kick some ass and send Sullivan and his pals to a real dungeon so they don't waste any more space or air. Or I walk down this ramp, get in that ring and kick some Hulkamania ass. The decision is yours and only one thing will make up my mind. You have something everyone wants. You want me on your side, and everyone knows you need me more than I need you, so you give me something I want. Next week. Next week me and you will face off in a match with nothing on the line but respect for eachother...And your World Heavyweight Championship! What's the verdict, Hulkster?"

Hogan, still on the outside, finishes fighting off Big Bubba Rogers by slamming his head into the apron and then looks at Luger for a brief moment. He then turns his head to the left to the crowd, and then to the right to the crowd. He looks back at Luger and points at him. A few seconds pass by and he shakes his head up and down. Luger smiles and drops the mic he was holding. He walks down the ramp and a couple of the Dungeon members that are still up go after him, only to be knocked down. The only men still standing are Luger after getting into the ring, Sting, Savage, Hogan after getting back into the ring, Sullivan and The Giant. Sting and Savage go after Sullivan as Hogan and Luger team up to attack The Giant. Sting and Savage take Sullivan out after clotheslining him over the top rope, and they help take The Giant out afterwards. With four men attacking him at once, The Giant almost loses the battle but quickly tosses all four off of him. Savage runs at The Giant and delivers a clothesline to him, only to make him stumble back a few steps. Sting does the same thing and makes him stumble into the ropes. Luger gets more speed and almost knocks him over the top rope, and Hogan finishes it off with a clothesline of his own and knocks The Giant over the top rope. The Giant gets to his feet on the outside and is enraged, but the entire Dungeon keeps him from getting back into the ring. Before Nitro went off the air the camera could pick up Sullivan screaming "Fall Brawl, Hogan!".

----------

Quick Results

Chris Benoit def. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Harlem Heat def. Road Warriors

The Steiner Brothers def. The Dungeon Towers

Earl Robert Eaton def. Jim Duggan

Diamond Dallas Page def. Scott Norton

Randy Savage def. Kevin Sullivan

----------

WCW Monday Nitro Nielsen Rating-6.0 (+/- 0)

Overall Star Rating-***

Attendance-6,010 (-12)

Ticket Sales-$240,400 (-$880)

----------

WWF Raw Nielsen Rating-4.0

Attendance-6,036

Ticket Sales-241,440

----------

Winning Streak (Wins-Losses)

WCW Nitro-1-0

WWF Raw-0-1

----------

OCC

I know I still don't have the whole Zbysko/Heenan/Bischoff deal down yet but I will try to work on it more. I also had a bit of trouble with the DDP character and will work on that as well. I tried just making his character my own with the interview. Also, could someone possibly help me find a site that would give me results of Nitro that also have the locations they aired from?

IPB Image

September 16th, 1995

Taped from MGM Studios

Masato Tanaka def. Shawn Stasiak

In a dark match. This was both mens first time in WCW so the fans weren't too into either of them, thus the lack of reaction. Tanaka won after hitting a Roaring Elbow.

Star Rating-DUD

The Saturday Night video and music piece plays, followed by a few pyros going off. The camera shows our announcing team, Mike Teny and Tony Schiavone, and the two go over tonights card and a few events that happened on WCW Nitro a few days ago.

The Blue Bloods (Eaton/Taylor) def. Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon

In a normal tag match. This was Furnas' and Lafon's first time in WCW, but they still got a pretty good pop going against Eaton and Taylor. The bad news is they lost after Taylor locked in the Boston Crab for the submission victory.

Star Rating-*1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

After the break the camera cut to the interview segmant that took place on Nitro for the Dungeon Of Doom.

[Ristano]

"Well obviously you men need no introduction as everyone knows you as the men who are trying to drive the force of Hulkamania out of WCW."

[Sullivan]

"That's right! All of us are sick of Hulk Hogan being here in WCW. Things were fine without him and they will be fine without him once we are through with him! What's the big deal anyway? He has twenty four inch muscles? Big deal. You give me a day and I can find someone out on the streets with bigger muscles. Ever since Hogan came to WCW everything has been a mess. He became the champion the minute he showed up and he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well he isn't! There's a totally different side of Hogan that nobody knows about. He may seem like fun loving guy out in the ring, ripping his shirt and telling people to say prayers and take vitamins, but that is just his coverup. The second he walks behind that curtain he turns into the real Hogan that everyone back here has come to fear of getting on bad terms with. If you aren't with Hogan, then you aren't with WCW anymore! The only reason we are here is because we made sure we wouldn't get screwed over by Egomania or his little buddies. The power that the Dungeon has is much greater than Hulkamania, and it is only a matter of time until Hulk Hogan is on his knee's begging for mercy from us. But he won't get it! All of us will laugh and spit in his face! Soon all of his friends will see what Hogan really is and they will be with us in the fight to bring him down!

Alone we may not be as strong as Hogan. Big Bubba proved that last week when he lost, but it wasn't his fault. And it wasn't his fault that he and One Man Gang lost their match tonight. It was all Hogan's fault! He uses his politics to make sure people he doesn't like stays down and he stays up. That's why the Dungeon has been formed. We are just a few of the people that are sick and tired of Hogan and his antics.

But he showed his true colors last week. Everyone knows, even I know, that the Hogan fans love would have stood up against all of us even if it were a million against him and get beaten down like he has never been before. But he took the high road and hightailed it through the crowd, clutching his golden belt to his chest. Some fans may have been patting him on the back, but there was even more that were just disgusted and saddened that their supposed hero ran away. At least I have the courage to stand up to people, and I prove that later when I face Randy Savage without any Dungeon members at ringside. I can't wait until Fall Brawl, because once the Dungeon wins, and Hogan is down on the mat, I will personally draw the yellow line down his back and pin a tail between his legs so that everyone can see what a coward he really is. Not even Hulk Hogan is strong enough to overpower the force of the Dungeon, especially since we have the biggest wrestler in history! [turns around and slaps The Giant on the chest]"

[Ristano]

"....Well, those are some strong words, and I'm not sure if you know but Hulk Hogan is in the building as I speak. Do you have anymore words for the Hulkster?"

[Sullivan]

"Yeah...[looking into camera] Hogan...Make sure you stay out of the way tonight. We don't want the fans to lose out on our War Games match now would we?"

Sullivan laughs, as does the rest of the Dungeon, and all of them exit the scene.

----------

The Renegade def. The Zodiac

In a normal singles match. Pretty bad match in terms of both qaulity and reaction. Luckily it was a non-title match and it didn't hurt then prestige of the TV title. Renegade won with the Gorilla Press and then the Body Splash.

Star Rating-*

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Dean Malenko def. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

In a normal singles match. Some decent spots throughout the match, nothing too flashy though. Chavo went for a Brainbuster, but Malenko escaped from it by landing on his feet behind Chavo, followed by rolling him up and then quickly locking in the Texas Cloverleaf for the victory.

Star Rating-*1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

The camera's returned and the announcers went over the ending moments of Nitro this past week and showed some clips.

...As the Dungeon continues their assault on Sting and Savage, "American Made" begins playing and the crowd erupts as The Hulkster returns to defend his glory. He walks down the ramp with his title around his waist and rips his shirt off halfway down. Hogan gets into the ring and starts punching anyone in arms reach. Sting and Savage start coming back with some offense, but The Giant clotheslines them right back down. At this point Hogan is posing for the crowd near the ropes. The Giant comes up from behind and knocks him out of the ring after hitting a double sledge to his back. John Tenta leaves the ring and starts going after Hogan. He only gets a few kicks in before Hogan begins fighting back and then slams Tenta's head into the ring post. Some sort of music then starts playing over the sound system and the crowd once again erupts as Lex Luger walks onto the stage with a mic in hand. As Luger begins to speak, the brawl continues in and around the ring.

[Luger]

"Why is Lex Luger in WCW? Simple. WCW is the only place big enough to handle a star like me. I have been misused. Mistreated. Blown off. Treated like an animal you would do anything to get rid of. And for what? To make room for people who can barely wrestle and are there for comedic value. I have talent. I have the hair. I have the body. I have the looks. I am the perfect male speciman when it comes to the world of wrestling. What better way to shove it to your former employer than to go to their competition...I take that back. In order for WCW to be competition, they have to be on the same level. And WCW is on the highest level!... I am also here because of this. [Extends hand towards the ring] One one side you have three men fighting for the one man that made the wrestling world it is today. On the other you have more men fighting to kill what they think ruined the world of wrestling. Both sides have their benefits, but only one side can have Lex Luger. Listen to me Hogan, because this is the best deal you will have had since signing that contract to work here. I walk down this ramp. I get into that ring. And I help you kick some ass and send Sullivan and his pals to a real dungeon so they don't waste any more space or air. Or I walk down this ramp, get in that ring and kick some Hulkamania ass. The decision is yours and only one thing will make up my mind. You have something everyone wants. You want me on your side, and everyone knows you need me more than I need you, so you give me something I want. Next week. Next week me and you will face off in a match with nothing on the line but respect for eachother...And your World Heavyweight Championship! What's the verdict, Hulkster?"

Hogan, still on the outside, finishes fighting off Big Bubba Rogers by slamming his head into the apron and then looks at Luger for a brief moment. He then turns his head to the left to the crowd, and then to the right to the crowd. He looks back at Luger and points at him. A few seconds pass by and he shakes his head up and down. Luger smiles and drops the mic he was holding. He walks down the ramp and a couple of the Dungeon members that are still up go after him, only to be knocked down. The only men still standing are Luger after getting into the ring, Sting, Savage, Hogan after getting back into the ring, Sullivan and The Giant. Sting and Savage go after Sullivan as Hogan and Luger team up to attack The Giant. Sting and Savage take Sullivan out after clotheslining him over the top rope, and they help take The Giant out afterwards. With four men attacking him at once, The Giant almost loses the battle but quickly tosses all four off of him. Savage runs at The Giant and delivers a clothesline to him, only to make him stumble back a few steps. Sting does the same thing and makes him stumble into the ropes. Luger gets more speed and almost knocks him over the top rope, and Hogan finishes it off with a clothesline of his own and knocks The Giant over the top rope. The Giant gets to his feet on the outside and is enraged, but the entire Dungeon keeps him from getting back into the ring. Before Nitro went off the air the camera could pick up Sullivan screaming "Fall Brawl, Hogan!".

ECW Makes Signings; Luger Wants The Giant; Possible New WWF Character; More...

-Last week Lex Luger stepped into a WCW Ring on Nitro for the very first time after a challenge being accepted by Hulk Hogan. Luger went on to help Hogan and co. in a battle against the Dungeon and the show went off the air with Sting, Savage, Luger and Hogan taking shots at The Giant, knocking him out of the ring. After the show went off the air Luger said now that he has made his alignmant known, he wanted a piece of the biggest and baddest member of the Dungeon, The Giant. He said that it didn't matter where or when, just as long the two see eachother in a WCW ring. It is unknown his motives for challenging The Giant other than to make an impact in WCW.

-ECW has made a few signings this week, with the most notable being the return of Shane Douglas. Douglas was in contact with the WWF about a possible contract several weeks ago, but he declined after deciding to go back to his roots. There is no bad blood between Douglas and any WWF officials/wrestlers. Others that are working ECW now are Japanese wrestler Sho Funaki, Kurrgan, Chad Fortune, and Steve Corino. While on the subject, ECW's "Stormy Weather" even held at the ECW Arena had a very good attendance, reaching almost 900.

-WWF have an idea for a new character they might debut in the near future. The idea is to have a wrestler with a very good build and look and to make it seem like he came from another planet. Not any planet, though. Apparently it is none other than Krypton. Yes, the character is a Superman-like one. If things aren't taken over the top, like having the wrestler lift a semi off the ground in some way, then the fans could possibly get into it.

-WWF held their In Your House Pay-Per-View this past Sunday. The PPV, IYH 3, featured Savio Vega defeating Salvatore Sincere, Sycho Sid defeating Henry Godwinn, Davey Boy Smith defeating Bam Bam Bigelow, Razor Ramon defeating Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart defeating Jean Pierre Lafite, and Diesel and HBK Shawn Michaels defeated Yokozuna and Owen Hart by DQ. It should be noted that Shane Douglas was supposed to be the one to go against Razor Ramon on this PPV, but plans had to be changed. It should also be noted that Bigelow will not be appearing in the WWF anymore as this PPV was his last WWF match. He is scheduled to go to Japan and then possible to ECW within the next four months. The event had 13,000 in the arena and a (roughly) 1.2 buy rate.

IPB Image

Last week fans around the world saw Lex Luger make a proposition for Hulk Hogan. One that was accepted. Fans also saw Luger allign himself with Hogan by helping him in the massive brawl against the Dungeon Of Doom. This week Luger cashes in on his side of the deal when he and Hulk Hogan face off in the main event...for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship! This could be one of WCW's biggest title defenses on free television. In addition to that great main event, we will see a special interview with The Hulkster himself.

Other great things that will happen this week are the final two matches in the WCW Tag Team Tournament. The Blue Bloods will face the American Males and Harlem Heat will go against The Steiner Brothers. With two of WCW's most promising teams going against eachother and two of WCW's best and most skilled teams going against eachother, it will be hard to tell who will be at Fall Brawl this Sunday.

And in only six days, WCW Fall Brawl: War Games comes to fans on Pay-Per-View. With five matches already booked and a couple of matches set to air prior to the Pay-Per-View to warm the fans up, all that is known is the main event for that night will surely destroy one wrestler or rise an entire group of other wrestlers up the ranks.

Confirmed Card

Hulk Hogan© -VS- Lex Luger for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Harlem Heat -VS- The Steiner Brothers

American Males -VS- The Blue Bloods

IPB Image

WCW Monday Nitro-September 18th, 1995

Prior to the opening montage, we are shown clips from last weeks Nitro. We are shown clips of the interview segmant involving Sullivan and his Dungeon, DDP's interview segmant, and clips of the Savage/Sullivan match with the clips of the brawl that ensued afterwards with Luger challenging Hogan for the title tonight. We are then taken to the Nitro opening sequence and after the camera cuts to the crowd we are finally welcomed with some pyrotechnics.

[Bischoff]

"Can you believe the closing moments from last week? Not only did we see a huge brawl as a preview for the Fall Brawl main event in only six days, but we saw Hulk Hogan accept a challenge issued by Lex Luger!"

[Heenan]

"I'm surprised he accepted it and didn't run away through the crowd again."

[Bischoff]

"We'll be hearing from Hogan later tonight, Heenan, so why don't you wait until then to make your comments about him?"

[Heenan]

"Why put off tomorrow what I can do today? I'll make my comments now and later."

[Bischoff]

"There is a surprise for us all."

[Zbysko]

"Well children, if you are finished I will do what we are supposed to be doing. Tonight's card is a big one with Fall Brawl only six days away. We have an interview with The Renegade, Johnny B. Badd in action, the last two matches to see what tag teams will face off for the tag titles, Sting in action, Arn Anderson in the house, and of course our huge World Heavyweight Championship main event!"

[Bischoff]

"Speaking of great shows...Wait. I can't finish that sentance. We would have to be talking about crappy shows. Anyways, should we see what our "competition" has in store for us?"

[Heenan]

"Why bother?"

[Bischoff]

"That is a good point, but we do want our fans to know what they are missing on the other side of things right? Ha ha ha ha ha! Let's see...The Kid over Razor Ramon. Nice to see Ramon losing to The Kid after coming off a Pay-Per-View win...Kama and Tatanka defeat Holly and Savio Vega...Jean Pierre Lafitte defeats Brian Walsh...And Yokozuna and Owen Hart beat Men On A Mission...Now how can our Hogan versus Luger, World Heavyweight Championship main even even compare with that one?"

[Zbysko]

"Don't worry. I think our opening match has their main event beat."

----------

Singles Match

Eddie Guerrero -VS- Jushin Thunder Liger

Excellent opening match that was truely even better than Raw's main event. Guerrero showed his pride of being cheater by trying to cheat many times during the match. Liger made sure Guerrero wouldn't win on those conditions, though. Only one or two messed up spots during the match, one of which was when Liger was on his back and Guerrero was running towards his head. Liger got his feet up and slingshot him, but Guerrero flipped and landed on his feet, only to get the front part of his neck hung up on the top rope after losing his balance. Eddie did fight back after that, with Liger getting the upperhand soon after. Both men were on the ropes toward the end of the match, with Liger being on the offense and Guerrero with his back to the ring on the middle turnbuckle. Liger lifted him up for a Super Ligerbomb, but Guerrero slipped out back onto the middle turnbuckle and had Liger in a front facelock. Guerrero then grabbed him by the tights and delivered a super ddt. Guerrero pinned Liger and used the ropes for extra insurance to win.

[Heenan]

"That man knows how to win a match!"

[Bischoff]

"Yeah, by not following the rules of a wrestling match"

[Heenan]

"Rules are meant to be broken, Bisch. Remember that."

[Bischoff]

"I'll be sure to write it down like I write all your little quotes down..."

[Zbysko]

"Like it or not, and I don't, Eddie Guerrero won the match after an amazing effort by both men."

Winner-Eddie Guerrero via Pinfall

Star Rating-***1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

American Males -VS- The Blue Bloods

This was a pretty classic Anti-USA/USA type bout with the fans obviously giving Blue Bloods some major heat. The Males used their strength to try and counter Regal's technical side during the match, but a lot of the time it didn't help that much. Riggs and Regal did have a good part of the match trying to lock on submissions and such to eachother and that got the crowd pretty hot. Bagwell and Taylor didn't put on that great of a show later on when Bagwell almost had the match won. He had Regal set up for the Yellowjacket Suplex, but Regal escaped by spinning out and setting Bagwell up for the Butterfly Powerbomb. Riggs got into the ring and went for a clothesline, but Regal ducked. Riggs stopped himself by grabbing the ropes and Taylor went over and guillotined his neck on the top rope. Regal delivered the Butterfly and pinned Bagwell for the win.

[Zbysko]

"And now we know one team that will be at Fall Brawl fighting for the WCW Tag Team Championships."

[Heenan]

"And yet again a wrestler who is supposed to be an America lover loses to a foreigner. Why don't they just change their names to the Females and get it over with."

[Bischoff]

"That would be rude of them to steal your nickname, Bobby."

Winners-The Blue Bloods via Pinfall

Star Rating-**1/2

----------

The camera cuts to the back for a segmant with our WCW Television Champion.

[Ristano]

"Welcome. Standing next to me is the WCW TV Champ himself, The Renegade, and he has asked to speak a few words in reply to DDP."

[Renegade]

"That's right I asked for some time to speak! DDP ran his mouth off about how he should be the only one able to fight me for my title and that he is going to take my title at Fall Brawl! But he doesn't make the matches and he doesn't say who I can or can't defend my title against! I can defend my title against Bobby Heenan if I wanted to!...Bobby...I suck do I?!? Next week why don't you put your headset down and climb into the ring with me and see how much I suck, because I can't suck as much as you do considering the way you got your job!

But a lot can happen in six days. A lot can happen in one match. And in those six days and in that one match I will show DDP that he wasted his time running his mouth and talking about how great he is! In six days and in one match I will show DDP who the better wrestler is and who the fans pay to see! And in six days and in one match I will show DDP that diamonds aren't forever!"

The Renegade runs off as the short, and pretty meaningless interview comes to an end.

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Harlem Heat -VS- The Steiner Brothers

An excellent match in terms of quality put on by both teams. If the tag division was just pushed some more then the crowd would have been way more into it. Stevie Ray and Scott were the legal men most of the time with Booker usually getting in some sneak attacks. Scott went on a strong little beatdown streak where neither Booker or Stevie were able to get any offense to take him down. Booker and Stevie were finally able to get the advantage after both started double teaming Scott. After a while they set him up for a Double Book-End, but Scott elbowed both men in the head. Rick got into the ring to even things up and both double teamed Booker. They threw him into the corner and when Rick turned around he got kicked in the gut by Stevie and thrown out of the ring. Stevie attacked Scott from behind and this allowed Booker to kick Scott in the gut, followed by a quick Scissor's Kick. Booker then ascended to the top rope, but was knocked onto the turnbuckle by Rick, who was now on the apron. Stevie grabbed Rick, only to be suplexed to the outside with Rick landing backfirst on the apron. Scott ascended to the top rope after getting up and delivered a FrankenSteiner to Booker for the win.

[Heenan]

"Would you look at that? We can't have black wrestlers advance to this Sunday can we?”

[Bischoff]

“What are you talking about Bobby? The Steiners won the match because they were the better team. We have a British team advancing to this Sunday, too. So don’t try to say that WCW is discriminating wrestlers.”

[Zbysko]

“Well either way, we now have our tag match set up for Fall Brawl. It will be The Steiner Brothers versus The Blue Bloods for the WCW Tag Team Championships.”

Winners-The Steiner Brothers via Pinfall

Star Rating-**1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Singles Match

Chris Benoit -VS- Johnny B. Badd

An okay match. Benoit was able to show more of his technical side along with more of the power based moves as well. He tried locking in the Crossface several times throughout the match, from both standing positions and counters, but was unsuccessful. Benoit almost had it locked in at the end when Badd was kneeling, but Badd lifted Benoit up and onto his shoulders. He then went for a TKO, but Benoit escaped from it and landed behind Badd and delivered a quick german suplex. Benoit then went to the top for the Swandive Headbutt, but Badd moved out of the way at the last second. Benoit’s head hit the mat hard and he remained motionless. The ref checked on him, with his back to the ramp, and Brian Pillman came out to a crowd full of boo’s. He got into the ring and started brawling with Badd for a few seconds before Badd whipped him to the corner. Pillman jumped onto the middle rope and jumped off of it, spinning to face Badd in the air and nailing a Flying Crossbody. Pillman quickly rolled out of the ring as Benoit started crawling over to Badd. Benoit rolled Badd over and locked in the Crippler Crossface. After a few seconds the ref called for the bell as Badd was not moving.

[Zbysko]

"And Pillman get’s his revenge from last week on Saturday Night."

[Heenan]

"Yeah, but he didn’t need to use any foreign objects to take Badd down!"

[Bischoff]

"Aren’t you the one who said that a wrestler should use foreign objects?"

[Heenan]

"Yes, but not a wrestler that is interfering to try and screw his enemy out of a match. Pay attention, Bisch."

Winner-Chris Benoit via Submission

Star Rating-**1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

As we return from the break, we are shown the ring with Gene Okerlund standing in it. American Made begins playing through the arena and the crowd goes nuts as the WCW World Heavyweight Champion walks out onto the ramp and rips his shirt. He walks down the aisle and gets into the ring, with Okerlund waiting for the crowd to die down.

[Okerlund]

"Hulk Hogan, there are many things to say and ask you with what has happened in the past few weeks but the most notable is what the Dungeon Of Doom and a few fans have been saying about you, and that is calling you a coward for running away two weeks ago."

[Hogan]

"Let me tell you something, Mean Gene! Two weeks ago I did run away from the Dungeon when usually I would have stood my ground and fought. They have been talking crap about me and so have some of my Hulkamaniacs. They have said that I not only made myself look bad, but I also made America look bad. But let me tell you something brothers! I ran away because I am smart. Just like America, I know when to hightail it and fight another day and not risk losing anything! I may still be a coward in the eyes of many, but I will always be back to fight and I showed everyone that last week when I helped my team of Hulkamaniacs out! If I had stayed in the ring two weeks ago with all the Dungeon members coming from every which way, there would have been a good chance that I wouldn’t be wrestling this Sunday at Fall Brawl! People may not call me a coward if I had done that, but they would have found something else to call me. They would say that I am weak or that I make America look weak. I carry a lot on my shoulder, being the WCW champion and being WCW’s number one American Made wrestler, and when it comes down to it I have to make tough decisions. Running away wasn’t a decision I am proud of, but it is a decision that saved me from an early retirement, brother! If it were anyone else they would have done the same thing. They may say it is different because I am larger than life, but last week Kevin Sullivan forced The Giant not to fight back against me after I took him over this top rope, and he is larger than life than I am!

Kevin Sullivan says he is going to put a yellow line down my back and put a tail between my legs after I am left lying on the mat this Sunday, but he isn’t the first person to call me a coward or to say he will put an end to Hulkamania and he won’t be the last! As long as Hulkamania is alive and kicking, there will always be someone to try and put it to an end, but time after time everyone fails and that is why Hulkamania will live forever, brother! And this Sunday, Hulkamania is gonna’ run wild on the Dungeon. There’s no escape from The Hulkster, The Macho Man, The Stinger, or The Total Package in the War Games match, and there’s no escape from receiving an ass whoopin’ from the Hulkamaniacs!"

[Okerlund]

"My, oh, my Hulkster. After those words I dare anyone to call you a coward for running away. And speaking of last week, we all saw Lex Luger offer you a proposition, one that you accepted, and he is now going to be fighting for the red and yellow this Sunday, but not before you and him grapple up later tonight with your title on the line."

[Hogan]

"That’s right, brother! I needed one last man to help me and my other team mates out this Sunday and Lex Luger is just that man we need. He is the total package-he has the look, the brains, the muscles, everything! He’s just like me and just like the rest of my team. I respect him and there isn’t a lot of people I respect in this business. The list is short but sweet. He knows how to help someone out and get something for himself out of it by taking opportunities and he took the biggest one that anyone here could have made when he offered to help me in exchange for a title shot tonight. Tonight everyone will witness one of the best title matches on television, brother, and after that the next stop is Fall Brawl to put a stop to the Dungeon. And the Dungeon-Watcha gonna’ do when the Hulkamaniacs run wild on you!"

Hogan does his muscle pose for a few seconds before the camera heads to another commercial.

--------------------

Commercial Break

---------------------

Singles Match

One Man Gang -VS- Sting

Pretty one-sided match, although it was one of the better ones of the night. This match went to show how much of a star Sting really is. Again, a one-sided match so OMG didn’t really do much for the entire thing. He got in some less impacting moves and that is about it. Sting missed a Stinger Splash early on in the match, but later on he successfully hit it and applied the Scorpion Deathlock afterwards for the win.

[Bischoff]

"That’s going to hurt the Dungeon this Sunday."

[Zbysko]

"Maybe, but this Sunday it will be more than two people in the ring having eachothers backs."

[Heenan]

“What about tonight? The Dungeon should have had One Man Gangs back a few minutes ago, but they didn’t come out. Not even Bubba Rogers.."

Winner-Sting via Submission

Star Rating-***1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

We return from the break to familiar music playing and none other than “Double A” Arn Anderson coming out to a chorus of boo’s. He walks his way down the aisle and into the ring and then gets a mic.

[Anderson]

"....Why would Arn Anderson turn his back on one of his best friends in the world? Is it because of jealousy? Is it because of hatered? Is it because I pretended to be friends with Ric Flair? No, no and no. I didn’t turn my back on my supposed friend. He turned his back on me. He always had to be the center of attention. He always had to have everything in his name. He had to have his name beaming in lights while my name and other names were being lit in burnt out lights. Everything was his idea. If the fact that he wasn’t alive back then wasn’t stopping him, he would be saying that he was the creator of the sport of wrestling. He gets all of this attention for being such a great wrestler when people don’t even know the half of it. They think that the Four Horsemen is the best faction in the history of wrestling and that Ric Flair led it to wonders. Excuse me, but Ric Flair did not lead the Horsemen. He didn’t even come up with the idea. It was all Double A’s idea.

It really ticks me off when people take credit for things that they didn’t accomplish. And it ticks me off more when someone apologizes when they don’t even know what or why they are apologizing. Ric said he is sorry that he drove me to what I have done, yet he is just saying that to try and get out of our match. He doesn’t mean his apology. They call him the dirtiest player in the game for a reason, people! He can lie to your face and you wouldn’t know it. He could out lie a lawyer. All those years of lies and being pushed around like I was his butler. Is that how you would treat your friends that you really cared about? That is exactly what Ric did. He pushed me around and made me take care of his dirty laundry and treated me like some lower tier wrestler.

In front of the cameras and you, out here in the ring he could cry and give some speech to get you emotional and feeling bad for him, and that is exactly what he does. He tries making you feel bad for him so he can play you like a fiddle just like he did with me. And I get booed for standing up for myself against him and he gets all this love. Where’s the love I deserve from you? Don’t you like the fact that I try standing up for you people, or are you that brain dead? Fine. Boo me. Cheer him. This Sunday it won’t matter after I show an old school beating to that son of a-”

Before Anderson can get the word out, Ric Flair’s music begins playing and the crowd goes wild as The Nature Boy struts out of the back wearing a suit. He delivers a “Woooo!” at the top of the stage before proceeding down the ramp and into the ring. He struts to the ropes and grabs a mic.

[Flair]

“Woooo! The Nature Boy is here tonight to face you like a man, Arn! I spoke a few words a few weeks back and regardless of what you think, they all came from my heart. I respect the hell out of ya’, but you wanted to prove who the better man between us and kicking your ass if going to be hard for me to bare! Together we used to be jet flyin’, limo ridin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’ son of a guns. We used to be the best of friends. We had some good times and even greater times. We went through the good, the bad, and the worst together. That was thrown out the window, though. But ya know what? The Nature Boy and Double A are going to be facing eachother this weekend, and how many times does that happen? You may hate my guts Arn, but together we will be part of a historic match that nobody will forget. But Arn, we shouldn’t go into the match without a handshake, so what do ya say?”

Ric extends his open hand to Arn, who stares at it for a few moments. Arn starts extending his and then both men go to grab eachothers hand, but both then pull their hands back with Flair “Woooo!”-ing in Arn’s face. Arn then punches Flair with a left. Flair holds his jaw and gets right in Arn’s face. Several wrestlers, including Sting, plus some security run out and hold Arn and Ric away from eachother. Both nearly got free and almost went at eachother’s throats, but they were grabbed and held back again. Flair took his jacket off and threw it to the mat in anger. The camera faded to a commercial as the two were still being held back.

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Singles Match

Lex Luger -VS- Hulk Hogan©

This was truely one of the greatest championship matches that wasn’t on a PPV. Maybe not the greatest show with moves and such, but it was still great. Luger and Hogan shook hands before the match and the match wasn’t dominated by either. The fans kept cheering for both men, with a “Hogan!” chant being turned into a “Luger!” chant and vice versa. After a while Luger took Hogan down with a sidewalk slam. He then started delivering kicks to Hogans head, which caused Hogan to start Hulking Up. Luger began delivering punches to him after he got back up, and Hogan pointed at him after Luger was done. Lex went for another punch, but Hogan blocked it and delivered some punches of his before whipping him to the ropes. Hogan went for the Big Boot, but Luger ducked it and lifted Hogan up from behind for the Torture Rack. Luger had it held in for less than five seconds before The Giant started making his way out. He climbed his way into the ring and by now Luger put Hogan down. The Giant ran at both men and took both their heads off with a clothesline. The Giant then grabbed both men by the throat and picked them back up. He shoved Luger into the ropes hard enough that Luger toppled over the top one to the outside. The Giant then lifted Hogan up and delivered a Giant Chokeslam. He stood up and raised his hand into the air, screaming.

[Heenan]

"Yes! Hogan finally got what he had coming to him!"

[Bischoff]

"What did he do? All he did was accept a challenge made by Lex Luger."

[Heenan]

"That just shows how much of a coward Hogan is. If he was a real man he would have went into the War Games match with only Sting and Savage on his side."

[Zbysko]

"There really is no getting through to you, Bobby. I can’t wait to hear your comments on the outcome of the War Games match, though. And that concludes tonights edition of WCW Monday Nitro. Make sure to order WCW Fall Brawl: War Games this Sunday on Pay-Per-View!"

Winner-No Contest

Star Rating-****

----------

Quick Results

Eddie Guerrero def. Jushin Thunder Liger

The Blue Bloods def. American Males

The Steiner Brothers def. Harlem Heat

Chris Benoit def. Johnny B. Badd

Sting def. One Man Gang

Lex Luger drew Hulk Hogan

----------

WCW Monday Nitro Nielsen Rating-6.0 (+/- 0)

Overall Star Rating-***

Attendance-6,032 (+22)

Ticket Sales-$241,280 (+$880)

----------

WWF Raw Nielsen Rating-4.0

Attendance-5,003

Ticket Sales-200,120

----------

Winning Streak (Wins-Losses)

WCW Nitro-2-0

WWF Raw-0-2

----------

OCC

I think having all the matches for RAW announced at the beginning of Nitro is better because that way people won't tune in to RAW to see what match it is as they already know what will happen, ya know?

I finally had a chance to read Nitro, And it was a good show. I can't believe Luger and Hogan got a **** rating. I think Luger will get a rematch with Hogan due to him almost having the title won. Atleast in the fans minds. I wish a huge brawl would have broken out at the end just like last week. The other stuff was good too. I enjoyed the Flair/Anderson segment. But hopefully, The Horsemen will get back together soon. I was surprised to see the Blue Bloods advancing in the tournament, As well as the Steiner Brothers. I thought for sure we'd get Harlem Heat/American Males for the titles. My pick for the champions are the Steiner Brothers. I didn't care for The Renegade's interview, But I really never cared about him. It would have been cool to see DDP attack him or something. Keep up the good work, Looking forward to Fall Brawl. (Y)

IPB Image

September 23rd, 1995

Taped from MGM Studios

The Saturday Night video and music piece plays, followed by a few pyros going off. The camera shows our announcing team, Mike Teny and Tony Schiavone, and the two go over tonights card and a few events that happened on WCW Nitro a few days ago.

Eddie Guerrero def. Alex Wright

In a singles match. A few good spots here and there, with Eddie picking up the win by pretending to be knocked out and then rolling Wright up near the ropes and holding the ropes to secure the hold.

Star Rating-**1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

When we return an interview between Johnny B. Badd is held. He talks about how he is the baddest wrestler on the WCW roster and the only one who is bigger than Little Richard, then goes on to talk about Brian Pillman and his match with him tomorrow night at Fall Brawl. He talks about how Pillman's "been a badd boy" and tomorrow he was going to give him his punishment. The crowd wasn't really into it.

----------

Stevie Ray drew Brian Knobbs

In a singles match match. The match was even-steven the whole way through. The end came when both were exchanging punches and then both ran to the ropes. Booker T tripped Knobbs and Saggs tripped Ray. Both dragged them out of the ring and the two pairs started brawling, causing a double disqaulification.

Star Rating-**

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

A video is shown as we return from the break, highlighting the segmant between Ric Flair and Arn Anderson this past Monday.

[Anderson]

"....Why would Arn Anderson turn his back on one of his best friends in the world? Is it because of jealousy? Is it because of hatered? Is it because I pretended to be friends with Ric Flair? No, no and no. I didn’t turn my back on my supposed friend. He turned his back on me. He always had to be the center of attention. He always had to have everything in his name. He had to have his name beaming in lights while my name and other names were being lit in burnt out lights. Everything was his idea. If the fact that he wasn’t alive back then wasn’t stopping him, he would be saying that he was the creator of the sport of wrestling. He gets all of this attention for being such a great wrestler when people don’t even know the half of it. They think that the Four Horsemen is the best faction in the history of wrestling and that Ric Flair led it to wonders. Excuse me, but Ric Flair did not lead the Horsemen. He didn’t even come up with the idea. It was all Double A’s idea.

It really ticks me off when people take credit for things that they didn’t accomplish. And it ticks me off more when someone apologizes when they don’t even know what or why they are apologizing. Ric said he is sorry that he drove me to what I have done, yet he is just saying that to try and get out of our match. He doesn’t mean his apology. They call him the dirtiest player in the game for a reason, people! He can lie to your face and you wouldn’t know it. He could out lie a lawyer. All those years of lies and being pushed around like I was his butler. Is that how you would treat your friends that you really cared about? That is exactly what Ric did. He pushed me around and made me take care of his dirty laundry and treated me like some lower tier wrestler.

In front of the cameras and you, out here in the ring he could cry and give some speech to get you emotional and feeling bad for him, and that is exactly what he does. He tries making you feel bad for him so he can play you like a fiddle just like he did with me. And I get booed for standing up for myself against him and he gets all this love. Where’s the love I deserve from you? Don’t you like the fact that I try standing up for you people, or are you that brain dead? Fine. Boo me. Cheer him. This Sunday it won’t matter after I show an old school beating to that son of a-”

Before Anderson can get the word out, Ric Flair’s music begins playing and the crowd goes wild as The Nature Boy struts out of the back wearing a suit. He delivers a “Woooo!” at the top of the stage before proceeding down the ramp and into the ring. He struts to the ropes and grabs a mic.

[Flair]

“Woooo! The Nature Boy is here tonight to face you like a man, Arn! I spoke a few words a few weeks back and regardless of what you think, they all came from my heart. I respect the hell out of ya’, but you wanted to prove who the better man between us and kicking your ass if going to be hard for me to bare! Together we used to be jet flyin’, limo ridin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’ son of a guns. We used to be the best of friends. We had some good times and even greater times. We went through the good, the bad, and the worst together. That was thrown out the window, though. But ya know what? The Nature Boy and Double A are going to be facing eachother this weekend, and how many times does that happen? You may hate my guts Arn, but together we will be part of a historic match that nobody will forget. But Arn, we shouldn’t go into the match without a handshake, so what do ya say?”

Ric extends his open hand to Arn, who stares at it for a few moments. Arn starts extending his and then both men go to grab eachothers hand, but both then pull their hands back with Flair “Woooo!”-ing in Arn’s face. Arn then punches Flair with a left. Flair holds his jaw and gets right in Arn’s face. Several wrestlers, including Sting, plus some security run out and hold Arn and Ric away from eachother. Both nearly got free and almost went at eachother’s throats, but they were grabbed and held back again. Flair took his jacket off and threw it to the mat in anger. The camera faded to a commercial as the two were still being held back.

----------

The Renegade def. The Zodiac

In a normal singles match. Pretty bad match in terms of both qaulity and reaction. Luckily it was a non-title match and it didn't hurt then prestige of the TV title. Renegade won with the Gorilla Press and then the Body Splash.

Star Rating-*

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

Road Warriors def. American Males

In a normal tag match. Not much to say about the match. It was a lot of punching and brawling mostly, with Bagwell and Riggs getting some decent looking moves in. The Road Warriors won the match when Bagwell was going for a super back suplex to Hawk, but Animal came up from behind and attacked him. He then lifted Bagwell onto his shoulders and Hawk repostioned himself and hit the Doomsday Device and got the pin.

Star Rating-***1/2

--------------------

Commercial Break

--------------------

We come back and are shown clips of the closing match and moments of last weeks Nitro..

This was truely one of the greatest championship matches that wasn’t on a PPV. Maybe not the greatest show with moves and such, but it was still great. Luger and Hogan shook hands before the match and the match wasn’t dominated by either. The fans kept cheering for both men, with a “Hogan!” chant being turned into a “Luger!” chant and vice versa. After a while Luger took Hogan down with a sidewalk slam. He then started delivering kicks to Hogans head, which caused Hogan to start Hulking Up. Luger began delivering punches to him after he got back up, and Hogan pointed at him after Luger was done. Lex went for another punch, but Hogan blocked it and delivered some punches of his before whipping him to the ropes. Hogan went for the Big Boot, but Luger ducked it and lifted Hogan up from behind for the Torture Rack. Luger had it held in for less than five seconds before The Giant started making his way out. He climbed his way into the ring and by now Luger put Hogan down. The Giant ran at both men and took both their heads off with a clothesline. The Giant then grabbed both men by the throat and picked them back up. He shoved Luger into the ropes hard enough that Luger toppled over the top one to the outside. The Giant then lifted Hogan up and delivered a Giant Chokeslam. He stood up and raised his hand into the air, screaming.

Final WCW Fall Brawl Card; WWF Star On Verge Of Leaving?; WCW Signings

-Several workers have signed contracts with WCW. They won't be appearing on-screen anytime soon and are instead down at the WCW Power Plant for matches and such. The wrestlers that have been confirmed to sign contracts with WCW are Wayne Bloom, Steve Blackman, Scott Putski, Ernest Miller, and Masato Tanaka. It has been said that other wrestlers that may sign contracts are a former ECW wrestler, former WWF development worker, and a couple of Mexican wrestlers.

-It is being rumoured that a WWF Star is sick of the company and may leave. Apparently WWF's own Yokozuna has threatened to leave the company due to misuse and not being happy with his current employer. As of late Yokozuna hasn't really been used in any memorable ways. Yokozuna stated that if he does leave the WWF, he was going to work on losing some of the weight ,that the WWF wanted him to gain for his gimmick, so he can be in better shape before thinking of going to any other promotion.

-The final WCW Fall Brawl card has been posted on WCW.com/PPVs. Here is the final card-

IPB Image

Final WCW Fall Brawl Card

War Games Match

Dungeon Of Doom (Meng/The Barbarian/Big Bubba Rogers/One Man Gang) -VS- The Hulkamaniacs (Sting/Randy Savage/Hulk Hogan/Lex Luger)

Grudge Match

Arn Anderson -VS- Ric Flair

WCW Tag Team Championship Match

The Blue Bloods -VS- The Steiner Brothers

WCW Television Championship

Diamond Dallas Page -VS- The Renegade©

Brian Pillman -VS- Johnny B. Badd

PPV Opener

Chris Benoit -VS- Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Predictions Welcome

Guest Crossface

Dungeon Of Doom (Meng/The Barbarian/Big Bubba Rogers/One Man Gang) -VS- The Hulkamaniacs (Sting/Randy Savage/Hulk Hogan/Lex Luger)

Grudge Match

PPV Opener

War Games Match

Grudge Match

PPV Opener

Edited by AntPaulseno

War Games Match

Grudge Match

I like the Blue Bloods, but the Steiners are much more over and can give more to the titles.

I have a feeling you may use Renegade. I don't really know why, but I just feel that way.

PPV Opener