American Dad and Family Guy

therockbox

In the American Dad intro, is there supposed to be a headline when he picks up the paper? The big blank bit looked like something had been taken out.

There is indeed, I noticed that too. I can't remember what it is, off the top of my head, though. I'll have to check the American version against the British version.

That's the only episode of American Dad I've seen, and I'd forgotten how hilarious it was, hopefully I'll find the rest of the series just as good.

I didn't find it "too similar" to Family Guy at all, other than the style of drawing and animation, as it's a lot more political and less irreverant than FG is.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

American Dad was fucking awesome. I was expecting something diabolical with the American's saying it was poor, but it was great. It did move fast but it was truly hilarious. The character of the Dad is amazing, it's like 9/10 of the American cliche's rolled into one. The handbag bit was awesome, especially with the line "I guess I got a little carried away". I'm not really all that easily impressed, especially by something new, however I definately preferred the first episode of AD than the first ever episode of Family Guy. Plus the fish is awesome. "RESIST HIM.......HAPPY HOUR", it's whacked. I loved the bit where he looked down her top (After he looked up her skirt, blink and you'll miss it).

Personally I think people are trying to find comparisons between the characters in AD and FG. Stewie and the Fish? Oh, yeah I guess their voices are fairly similar (Minus the German) but there's very little similarities, or what you can get from the first episode. The others, I guess you could find similarities, but you could do that with almost every character ever. It's just the voices are similar and it's the same writer, so people will instantly compare them to his previous work. Personally I find the Dad only similar to Joe in the fact he's well built. The dad has the potential to be my favourite character in both shows.

Edited by Spyrazul