Save Game Lost

Benji

Yeah so I went to get Deoxys from a Nintendo event today, I caught it and my save game has been erased, so fuck Nintendo, Game Freak and the Pokémon Company. It took my about 30 hours of game time but a lot of training to get where I was (luckilly I couldn't get it to Sapphire as it was wireless, I have about 180 hours of play on that) and I've totally given up any hope of playing any of the games any time soon because of it.

So yeah, has anyone else had their game lost?

Guest The Trooper

I got completely pissed off when my sis erased my first pokemon game, i had managed to get right up to the final bosses and when i came home from camp pokemon=lost. :(

Or within the last 5 years i have managed to lose a number of important game saves, many of which for using a friends card and forgetting to put it onto my own card. Thats what happened with THUG2.

that brings me to another rant...

WHY THE FUCK DONT GAME CONSOLE MANUFACTURERS USE SIMPLE MEDIA TO SAVE DATA SUCH AS FLOPPY DISKS OR USB DRIVES. IF YOU COULD SIMPLY USE SOMETHING LIKE THIS PEOPLE COULD EASILY SHARE GAME SAVES AND BADK THEM UP WITHOUT EVER LOSING THEM.

rant over

Never had a problem with my old Pokemon Red game, but I never did play it much after beating it and didn't care to collect them all.

However there are two other games that have left me in an almost violently pissed off state.

The first wasn't really a save, but my lack of saving. In Final Fantasy VI I had played up to the part where you have the three split teams. I completed the Edgar/Terra, Locke and was almost done the Sabin/Cyan when I got killed by a random enemy (this was before I had any real skill at RPGs). Last time I saved was before the split. So all was lost. I played again up until that point and I saved every chance I got. A power surge went through the house though and fried both my SNES and the cartridge... I am not ashamed to say I cried. I beat it by renting it.

The second time was other people's stupidity. I told my mother never to let anyone touch my SNES, let alone my games and especially Earthbound. Well, I go out one day, come back and find my sister with my nephews over and they were playing around with it. The only thing they did though, was delete my saved games... all the while both my mother and sister watched. I had two completely beaten saves that took me ages to do. They didn't get the big deal though... Funny thing, all my nephews did was delete the saves and said the game was boring so they put in Mortal Kombat.

I accidentally deleted my legacy mode in College Hoops that i had a diary going for about three seasons over a span of about two and a half months. I was going to load it so I could play, but I went to delete and I just clicked that I wanted to delete it without even thinking about it. I sat there stunned for about two minutes after realizing I deleted it. I was pretty mad at myself.