Who you gonna' call?

Benji

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

I love that quote from the film. Its because my friend Jem used to love it and would repeat it whenever anyone mentioned Ghostbusters. *sigh* I miss those days.

Your momma?

Ghostbusters is mint. I loved the first one and watched it like a zillion times.

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.

Dr. Peter Venkman: What?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?

Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad?"

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

Memorable Quotes from

Ghost Busters (1984)

[inspecting Dana's refrigerator for paranormal activity]

Dr. Peter Venkman: Oh my God. Look at all the junk food.

Dana Barrett: No. No, Dammit. Look this wasn't here...

Dr. Peter Venkman: You actually eat this?

Dana Barrett: No, this wasn't here. There was nothing here. There was this... space, with a building or something with flames coming out of it, and there were creatures writhing around it, and they were growling and snarling. And there were flames, and I heard a voice say "Zuul" I mean it was right here.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Well I'm sorry, I'm just not getting any reading.

Dana Barrett: Well are you sure you're using that thing correctly?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah, Its not... I mean I think so, but Im sure there are no animals in there.

Dana Barrett: This is great. Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy.

Dr. Peter Venkman: [smiles] I don't think you're crazy.

Dana Barrett: [sarcastically] Oh good, that makes me feel so much better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gozer: [Evil voice] Are you a God?

Dr Ray Stantz: [Peter nods] No.

Gozer: Then... DIE!

[Electrocutes the Ghostbusters; pushing them to the edge of the apartment building; people screaming]

Winston Zeddemore: Ray, when someone asks if you're a God, you say "Yes"!

Dr. Peter Venkman: All right! This chick is TOAST!

Dr. Peter Venkman: [The team walks toward Gozer] Grab your sticks.

Ray, Egon, & Winston: HOLDING!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Heat 'um up!

Ray, Egon, & Winston: SMOKING!

Dr. Peter Venkman: [Gozer growls] Make 'um hard!

Ray, Egon, & Winston: READY!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Let's show this prehistoric bitch who we do thing downtown. THROW IT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dana is at home doing exercises as she watches the news on television]

Roger Grimsby: Good morning, I'm Roger Grimsby. Today, the entire Eastern Seaboard is alive with talk of incidents of paranormal activity. Alleged ghost sightings and related supernatural occurances have been reported across the entire Tri-State area.

Larry King: Hi, this is Larry King. The phone-in topic Today: "Ghosts and Ghostbusting." The controversy builds, more sightings are reported, some maintain that these professional paranormal eliminators in New York are the cause of it all.

Casey Kasem: Still making headlines all across the country, the Ghostbusters are at it again. This time, at the fashionable dance club, "The Rose." The boys in gray slugged it out with a pretty pesky poltergeist, then stayed on to dance the night away with some of the lovely ladies who witnessed the disturbance. This is Casey Kasem. Now, on with the countdown.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Nimble little minx.

Dr. Egon Spengler: We better go at full speed.

Dr Ray Stantz: Aim for the flattop!

[Ghostbusters shoots at Gozer, but she disappears]

Dr. Peter Venkman: [proton guns shut off] Wasn't so bad.

Winston Zeddemore: Hey, wait a minute. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hold it. Now, are we actually gonna go before a federal judge, and tell him that some moldy Babylonian God is going to drop in on Central Park West, and start tearing up the city?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Sumerian, not Babylonian.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah. Big difference.

Winston Zeddemore: No offense, guys, but I've gotta get my own lawyer.

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

Man at Elevator: What are you supposed to be, some kind of a cosmonaut?

Dr. Peter Venkman: No, we're exterminators. Someone saw a cockroach up on twelve.

Man at Elevator: That's gotta be some cockroach.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Bite your head off, man.

Dr Ray Stantz: [Entering elevator] Going up?

Man at Elevator: I'll take the next one.

Dr Ray Stantz: You know, it just occurred to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment.

Dr. Egon Spengler: I blame myself.

Dr. Peter Venkman: So do I.

Dr Ray Stantz: Well, no sense in worrying about it now.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.

Dana Barrett: You know, you don't act like a scientist.

Dr. Peter Venkman: They're usually pretty stiff.

Dana Barrett: You're more like a game show host.

[Dana, possessed by "The Gatekeeper," answers the door]

Dana Barrett: Are you the Keymaster?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Not that I know of.

[she slams the door in his face. Venkman knocks again]

Dana Barrett: Are you the Keymaster?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes. Actually I'm a friend of his, he asked me to meet him here.

Dr Ray Stantz: I think we'd better split up.

Dr. Egon Spengler: Good idea.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah... we can do more damage that way.

[evaluating a site for their business]

Dr. Peter Venkman: What do you think, Egon?

Dr. Egon Spengler: I think this building should be condemned. There's serious metal fatigue in all the load-bearing members, the wiring is substandard, it's completely inadequate for our power needs, and the neighborhood is like a demilitarized zone.

Dr Ray Stantz: Hey. Does this pole still work?

[slides down a fireman's pole]

Dr Ray Stantz: Wow. This place is great. When can we move in? You gotta try this pole. I'm gonna get my stuff. Hey. We should stay here. Tonight. Sleep here. You know, to try it out.

[Venkman looks at Spengler. Spengler slowly shakes his head. Venkman turns to the real estate agent]

Dr. Peter Venkman: I think we'll take it.

[business is terrible at Ghostbusters]

Janine Melnitz: [answers the phone] Hello, Ghostbusters... Yes, of course they're serious... You do?... You have?... No kidding. Just gimme the address... Oh sure, they will be totally discreet. Thank you

[hangs up]

Janine Melnitz: WE GOT ONE.

Dr. Peter Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong, this Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

[after the Ghostbusters fail to "get" the library ghost and instead run away in terror]

Dr. Peter Venkman: Hee hee. "Get her." That was your whole plan. I like it; it was scientific.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Mother pus bucket.

Dr Ray Stantz: My parents left me that house. I was born there.

Dr. Peter Venkman: You're not gonna lose the house, everybody has three mortgages nowadays.

Dr. Egon Spengler: I feel like the floor of a taxi cab.

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.

Dr. Peter Venkman: What?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?

Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad?"

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

Dr. Peter Venkman: We came, we saw, we kicked its ass.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Somebody blows their nose and you want to keep it?

Dr Ray Stantz: Symmetrical book stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.

Dr. Peter Venkman: You're right, no human being would stack books like this.

Dr Ray Stantz: Shh. Listen. Do you smell that?

Dr. Peter Venkman: I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me.

Dr. Peter Venkman: [Venkman is surrounded by excited reporters during the montate sequence, which shows the Ghostbusters as a sudden popular culture craze] Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, no job is too big, no fee is too big!

[first lines]

Dr. Peter Venkman: All right, I'm gonna turn over the next card. Concentrate... I want you to tell me what you think it is.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I've been slimed.

Dr. Egon Spengler: [surveying a wrecked apartment building corridor having climbed over thirty flights of stairs with his proton pack]

[casually]

Dr. Egon Spengler: Art Deco, very nice!

Dr. Peter Venkman: [discussing the creature Dana saw in her fridge] Zuul was the minion of Gozer.

Dana Barrett: What's Gozer?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Gozer was very big in Sumeria

Dana Barrett: Well, what's he doing in my ice box?

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm working on that.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Alice, I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions, okay? Have you or any of your family been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetant?

Librarian Alice: My uncle thought he was Saint Jerome.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'd call that a big yes. Uh, are you habitually using drugs? Stimulants? Alcohol?

Librarian Alice: No.

Dr. Peter Venkman: No, no. Just asking. Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?

Man at Library: What's has that got to do with it?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

Does anyone have a .gif of the Simpsons dancing to the Ghostbusters theme? That was the best ending to a show ever.

EDIT: And I don't really think that's New Found Glory, by the way. Covers of songs done in that style are usually attributed to them, thanks to their album of covers that mainly consisted of songs from movies.

Edited by Apple Shampoo