Arrested Development going to be saved?

apsham

Showtime may rescue 'Arrested Development'

Wednesday December 14 3:47 AM ET

Will the pay-TV environs of Showtime be a friendlier place for the Emmy-winning comedy "Arrested Development," which just got canceled by Fox?

Word around town this week is that Showtime is in talks to pick up the comedy about a chaotic family. Sources stressed that the talks are still exploratory and that it would be a big financial commitment on Showtime's part to pick up the show in its current form with a large ensemble cast that includes Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett.

"Arrested" was an instant hit with critics following its debut on Fox in late 2003, but the show never pulled in much of a crowd, even after it won the Emmy for best comedy series in 2004. Last month, Fox threw in the towel, cutting its episode order for "Arrested's" third season from its initial 22-episode ticket to 13.

Representatives for Showtime, and the series' producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV declined comment late Tuesday.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Credit: Yahoo! Entertainment News

I saw it on the news earlier and just stumbled across this article, wonderful news if it goes through. The series needs to see a proper ending, and that shouldn't come until seasons and seasons have gone by.

Thank god for that

I didn't enjoy the second series anywhere near as much as the first, but they can't leave it like that! Particularly since as the last five minutes of series 2 were there soley to set-up series three, I NEED CLOSURE!

In any event, its a good show, shouldn't have been cancelled, hope it gets this comeback.

It'll do even worse on Showtime considering not many people have it and not to mention the fact that their own Original Series' cannot even get a good following. Most, if not all end after season one. The only shows that seem to continue are The L Word which will enter season three soon and Huff which is going into season two. Jeremiah saw season two being shown a while after season one ended. I doubt those fans will follow it to Showtime.

I just cannot really expect Showtime to pick this up. If it cannot get a good following on Fox, Showtime is a terrible idea for them.

In any event, its a good show, shouldn't have been cancelled, hope it gets this comeback.
Edited by Fitzy27

The last time an Arrested Development topic came up, you posted the same thing Fitzy. I'm just happy that it might be coming back and I am sure the others who liked the show will feel the same way. I don't see why any of us really care what the ratings of the show were\are\will be\might be.

The last time an Arrested Development topic came up, you posted the same thing Fitzy.

Not quite, actually. I never commented on AD. After doing a search to make sure, I did post in the "Arrested Development got cancelled" thread but was asking if Prison Break was going on hiatus for 24. Nothing about AD. I think you are thinking of beatnik.

I'm just happy that it might be coming back and I am sure the others who liked the show will feel the same way.

The last time an Arrested Development topic came up, you posted the same thing Fitzy.

Not quite, actually. I never commented on AD. After doing a search to make sure, I did post in the "Arrested Development got cancelled" thread but was asking if Prison Break was going on hiatus for 24. Nothing about AD. I think you are thinking of beatnik.